Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Did for Love! (444)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Marshtomp is an unsurprising choice to learn Protect though, since it learns it naturally anyway.

And Ash's Snorlax knows Protect, but you probably meant those in the main team.
    You got it.

What I was refering to was that Corphish, Torkoal, and Glalie all learn Protect naturally as well, so what stopped them from learning it? Especially Glalie, as it has no protecting move while Torkoal has Iron Defense and Corphish has Harden.

I couldn't get a pic, but in the trainer screen in the contest you can see the Surskit and Azurill owners in the Izabe contest

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel bad for that guy. His hopes and dreams are being crushed in Kanto.

One of the coordinators had a Koffind. I would have killed to see that thing get in a decent battle/appeal.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

People, please do not discuss future episodes in this thread...I don't like having to remind you all of this each week. These threads are for discussion of this episode ONLY unless a prior episode actually links in with it

^Anyone knows exactly what they are doing?
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    People say Marshtomp had no experience but apparently it was strong enough to evolve and has been around since beginning of Hoenn. Unlike the little Eevee who has just hatched and got a two second training under its belt learning shadow ball. I just wish that if May won Brock used his Bonsly instead.
    Though Eevee has been exposed to the idea of contests. Remember Harley's revenge when Eevee watched? And the fact it wasn't a knock out and the timer actually got to run out this time softened the blow. I'm sorry but she deserved this one.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Russian May is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

I've just seen the pictures and I liked this episode. It's good that Eevee didn't totally defeat Marshtomp and the moment about Brock falling in love was really funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Torky Stu
    * A Raticate, ooooh it had a nice appeal with some wood.
    Quoted because it was too good not to.

Ontopic, this episode was not the train-wreck I expected. Eevee learning dig was no surprize, appeals or battles, it needs at least three moves. (And i'm assuming it can Tackle) What did surprize me was Brock's showing, his appeal was downright great, it even had May on edge. Marshtomp's battles were impressive especially the one with Eevee I was actually engrossed in the battle when the timer went off Brock can't have lost that much of his battle prowess, to give a seasoned coordinator a run for her money.

It seems the reason the lady wanted Brock to enter the contest was to Beat the little girl, or give her a challenge or something along those lines.

Team Rocket was selling fake contest ribbons, and other merchendise, and by the end of the episode when it seems that they made a hefty sum of money, and Jessie was cheering about becoming Top Coordinator. So i'm assuming the money will go towards her next contest.

I think I'm really starting to like eevee, it hung in the battle pretty well, but then squirtle did the appeal again. I was glad to hear absol was in a battle but it seemed a bit weak in the fight which is sa. I knew May would win but still it was a great episode.
    [And how will I know when I get there?
    And how will I know when to Leave?
    We've all got to start from somewhere!
    And it's right there for Me!
    The Possibilites are never Ending!

- Endless Possiblity

TR=Dressing as Hippies! WIN!

YAY! Raticate (but it's appeal was kinda lame....)

Protect looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi
    Eevee learning dig was no surprize, appeals or battles, it needs at least three moves. (And i'm assuming it can Tackle)
    Correct.

Eevee: Shadow Ball, Dig, Tackle

Marshtomp: Water Gun, Mud Shot, Tackle, Protect

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, just saw the pics...
    I agree with the "brock shouldn't win, because he will only have that ribbon, and may needs it" idea. Still, i think that Marshtomp fought pretty well, for a pokemon who doesn't have experience.
    Other than that...8/10.

Some people are tlaking as if Marshtomp has no battle experience at all (O_o)

So the blue sphere's that were launched by Marstomp were infact Mudshot..?

Quote Originally Posted by DKzM0mA
    Some people are tlaking as if Marshtomp has no battle experience at all (O_o)
    Well apart from a single battle against Grovyle, he doesn't. Unless you're willing to count it's battle against Hanson's Shedinja, which never came to any sort of conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Well apart from a single battle against Grovyle, he doesn't. Unless you're willing to count it's battle against Hanson's Shedinja, which never came to any sort of conclusion.
    yeah a battle in which it got back up and evolved after taking a leaf blade(which going by all of your logics should've ko'ed him instantly.) that kinda proves he ain't that far off from combusken, now since Grovyle evolved he left him in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    yeah a battle in which it got back up and evolved after taking a leaf blade(which going by all of your logics should've ko'ed him instantly.) that kinda proves he ain't that far off from combusken, now since Grovyle evolved he left him in the dust.
    It was more of a sparring match anyway. I doubt Grovyle was putting it's all into that attack like it usually tends to, considering it was going up against such a weak opponent. Mudkip wasn't performing particulary well from what we saw, so for all we know Grovyle could have just been toying with it.

And one battle hardly puts it in the same league as Combusken. Nor does an evolution, which more often than not doesn't always indicate a pokémon's strength in the show anyway.

Wow, a Team Rocket outfit that didn't just stop at formal-wear and glasses. It seems to be that the crazier outfits team rocket disguises themselves in is inversely proportional to Ash & Co.s recognition of TR. The less recognizable TR gets, the more they are recognized. :P

Eh, for Brock's loss it makes him look really bad (though I think he's my favorite character), but for the series to not drag on it was inevitable. And as most people have said, "What would Brock do with one ribbon anyways?"

Geki Guest

Pretty good contest, not what I was expecting at all though. Forretress didn't get much screentime, which sucks. Marshtomp and Bonsly were cool. Brock should have won, but we all know that May has way more experience as a Coordinator, thus she pwned Brock.

6/10

I'm suddenly reminded of Krabby. It did practically nothing its entire life. Ends up kicking some Exeggutor palm tree butt and evolving on the spot.

So nah, I think they just wanted May to win. Why, oh why, couldn't they have gone with a Bonsly vs. Eevee match.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat

^Anyone knows exactly what they are doing?
    looks like they're calculating their earnings...

OMG, Team Rocket actually succeeded in something for once!
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

This episode does look pretty good. Some great avatar moments too. And Marshtomp proved its worth, so I'm glad. But Absol should have done more, and Eevee's first battle should have had more to it.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Priceless. Just Priceless.

The first contest in Kanto that wasn't decided by KO.
    Last edited by GreenKirby; 10th March 2006 at 7:15 PM.

Season One Complete!

Pretty decent episode judging by the pictures. I'm suprised Brock got so far on his first contest but hey, the episode wouldn't have any point if he didn't. Too bad Foretress fails to do something decent, I'll live though.

What's this? Team Rocket not failing for once? Although they could lose it all like they did in the Johto league...meh.

This episode was so funny XD And it made me laugh LOL

10/10
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Right, seen pics... Protect had good animations, but I think the two overall best points of animation were the scene with the groups reaction to Brock entering the contest, and the other is the scene with Brock and Bonsly making angry faces together.

Question Time: Right, I saw Water Gun, I saw Mudshot, but what was the small blue energy balls shot. Please tell me that wasn't Mudshot, because I thought that was when all mud was splashing everywhere.

Hunter
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast