Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 282

Thread: What I Did for Love! (444)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,871

    Default

    This episode rocked, plain and simple.

    Team Rocket were pretty much written out of the whole episode, so they didn't take much screentime away from the battles.

    Loved the girl with Raticate and Absol, two Pokemon we needed to see again anyway. It's also nice to know that Absol isn't a "semi-legendary" anymore like the writers promoted it in the 6th movie.

    Brock really shined in this episode. His appeal was fantastic and hilarious! The Marshtomp battle against Absol was pretty good, but it was obvious that that was a young/infant Absol by the way it looked.

    Heh, May and Brock looked pretty nervous when they went up against one another.

    The Eevee and Marshtomp fight had me on the edge of my seat, and if I wasn't already spoiled the victor, it could have went either way. Thank you writers for giving Eevee a good moveset so it isn't stale like we were fearing! Shadow Ball and Dig work well with one another, and this Eevee *definitely* isn't a snore to watch.

    May winning by having slightly more points than Brock was good as well, as Brock was shown to be a competent battler AS WELL as his Marshtomp getting good screentime.

    Oh, and LOL @ Lilian pulling Brock away by the ear from the Nurse Joy judge.

    Question for the Japanese speaking people:

    What exactly was the connection with the woman and the little girl? Was she her mother or something? Brock seemed quite shocked about something, so I'm guessing she was already married?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    not where you think
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    What exactly was the connection with the woman and the little girl? Was she her mother or something? Brock seemed quite shocked about something, so I'm guessing she was already married?
    Sisters most likely...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Mississauga, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Note: Sorry if i'm not allowed to put the picture

    if u look at the first person on the top left...we've seen his face in other battles i dunno if it was a contest or the pokemon league...but he has made appearence

    unless this is his twin bro...lol

    anyway..i'm sad that Eevee had to win against Marshtomp, it was obvious may would win, but i was hoping it would be against Bonsly...but oh well

    Bonsly was good
    Eevee yea sure why not, just can't believe that Eevee used Dig in the beginning out of NO WHERE, like it seemed to have use it after it saw Raticate...oh well
    Squirtle same kind concept, but hey oh well...
    Marshtomp was good glad to see protect as it is a learnign move that it actually learns
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)



    Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    277

    Default

    like it seemed to have use it after it saw Raticate...oh well
    Actually, it was using Dig before the girl showed up. It was amusing how long it took the gang to realize that Eevee popping out from underground was unusual.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    I hope Marshtomp evolves soon. I'd hate to see it booted off before it we see him with Swampert and it puts that little furball back in its place. Eevee may have been trained and Marshtomp was hardly touched. But still you can't tell me a pokemon that was around that early can lose to a newborn.

  6. #81
    BrokenDreams Guest

    Default

    It was so close, mybe if there had been more time Marshtomp could have destroyed Evee.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    I hope Marshtomp evolves soon. I'd hate to see it booted off before it we see him with Swampert and it puts that little furball back in its place. Eevee may have been trained and Marshtomp was hardly touched. But still you can't tell me a pokemon that was around that early can lose to a newborn.
    The proof is in the pudding, eevee won. Sure, in the "real" world marshtomp should've won... but the writers are evil and twisted, we all know this so we shouldn't be surprised.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Surprised there are no complaints about Eevee magically learning Dig to win...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    I don't see the big deal about it being a 'newborn' anyway. From what the animé has led us to believe, pokémon tend to develop very quickly after they evolve from their egg. I mean, just look at Phanpy and Larvitar. At best it was only a mere handful of hours until they were fully able to utilise their attacks. Larvitar completely destroyed Team Rocket with an uber Hidden Power iirc. And look at Bonsly and Munchlax. I doubt they're all that old, yet they seemed to be fending for themselves pretty effectively.
    And when you compare that to Eevee, it's really not as bad as what people are making it out to be. It's only real questionable attack is Shadow Ball, and it's been established that it's gone through training to use the move. All Dig is, is a feint attack from underground. TOTALLY UBAR YES?!?!

    Seriously. I love Marshtomp. I can barely tolerate Eevee. And I'm fine with the battle.
    What, are people bored of complaining about Squirtle or something?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Seriously I actually think

    Squirtle = Eevee

    Why? Sure Eevee trained more but still.....

    A. They both just hatched.

    B. They both took down fairly experienced pokemon. You don't know that Ariados was any better/worse than Mashtomp anyway.

    C. They both pulled a last minute move out of their a**

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seizureman

    A. They both just hatched.

    B. They both took down fairly experienced pokemon. You don't know that Ariados was any better/worse than Mashtomp anyway.

    C. They both pulled a last minute move out of their a**
    I already explained the whole newborn hatching thing, so I won't repeat myself.

    Harley is a freaking coordinator. Meaning, he has to actually put some effort into training his pokémon in order to make any sort of progress. Therefore it's safe to assume that his Ariados had been through some sort of training.
    Brock on the other hand, sits around brushing and feeding his team all day. And the only pokémon he has that even stood any sort of chance was a Marshtomp that's only ever been used for stupid little tasks.

    Again, Dig isn't anything to get flustered about. Again, all it is, is a feint attack from underground. Again, there's hardly anything jaw-droppingly uber about that. FFS, Brock even screws up the whole Dig strategy anyway, so why the **** is it a problem?

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    No one has to agree with my statements but they are factual. Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.

    Therefore it's safe to assume that his Ariados had been through some sort of training.
    Brock on the other hand, sits around brushing and feeding his team all day.
    Brushing and feeding actually helps a pokemon alot. And Harley could've just captured that Ariados. Hes not that good of a coordinator apparently since he didn't beat May once before that. You all think Brock is terrible but hes not that bad. The Mudkip stood up to Ash's Taillow and Corphish, his Grovyle, and TR on many occassions.

    Again, Dig isn't anything to get flustered about. Again, all it is, is a feint attack from underground. There's hardly anything jaw-droppingly uber about that. FFS, Brock even screws up the whole Dig strategy anyway, so why the **** is it a problem?
    Ok and ice beam isn't a big deal either. Squirtle is a water type for crying out loud. Actually......Squirtle > Eevee. Go ahead flame me I can care less.

  13. #88

    Default

    Did anyone notice TR were selling something with Drew on it. They were also selling like pins of their Pokemon (including Chimecho and....Marstomp??)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    No one has to agree with my statements but they are factual. Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    Excuse me? I have my own opinions, thank you very much.

    Brushing and feeding actually helps a pokemon alot. And Harley could've just captured that Ariados. Hes not that good of a coordinator apparently since he didn't beat May once before that. You all think Brock is terrible but hes not that bad. The Mudkip stood up to Ash's Taillow and Corphish, his Grovyle, and TR on many occassions.
    Brushing and feeding is hardly as beneficial as taking the time to help a pokémon perfect it's battling skills. That should be pretty obvious.

    Harley is a decent coordinator, because he's already succeeded in multiple Contests and was one of the finallists in the Grand Festival. The only reason he lost prior to te more recent contest is because he let overconfidence or blind hatred get in his way. And obviously, he was able to overcome that.

    Brock is intellegent, and therefore a decent strategist and knows how to raise pokémon to be healthy. But if he hasn't got a pokémon that has actually been trained to fight in some way, then he's at a disadvantage because the glass is only half full.
    I already pointed the flaws in the whole 'Mudkip survived a Leaf Blade' thing earlier. And Taillow and Corphish were hardly the skilled fighters they are now way back in the days of early AG.


    Ok and ice beam isn't a big deal either. Squirtle is a water type for crying out loud. Actually......Squirtle > Eevee. Go ahead flame me I can care less.
    Yes it is. Squirtle was a starter pokémon, and therefore was supposed to be bred in a way that helps the trainer develop. It's Ice Beam attack was used as a stupid deus ex machina for a last minute win, with a drawdback that was only ever brought up at that point and ditched the very next moment it used the move.
    Dig on the other hand, whilst causing problems for Marshtomp, was overcome during the battle and rendered useless.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Excuse me? I have my own opinions, thank you very much.
    I actually wasn't referring to you but I'm the only one making a stand here.

    And Taillow and Corphish were hardly the skilled fighters they are now way back in the days of early AG.
    Neither was the unevolved Mudkip

    Other than that you make good points. I still think Harley recently caught that Ariados since it wasn't used in the GF. And I still hate that Eevee even from the instant it was hatched.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,456

    Default

    This seems more like a stereotypical situation in which because Squirtle is uber, that obviously when May gets another Pokemon that wins first time then it is classified as an uber.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    Eh? I really don't see what you mean, since some of the most vocal Zenigane haters have no problem with Eievui winning a contest. Myself included.
    ~

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Did anyone notice TR were selling something with Drew on it. They were also selling like pins of their Pokemon (including Chimecho and....Marstomp??)
    Yeah, they also had pictures of jessie in one of her contests (i think it was ariados vs squirtle)

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,871

    Default

    It's probably no more than 2 months old though.

    I think May's Eevee is cute.



    Again, awwwwwwww.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    I hope Marshtomp evolves soon. I'd hate to see it booted off before it we see him with Swampert and it puts that little furball back in its place. Eevee may have been trained and Marshtomp was hardly touched. But still you can't tell me a pokemon that was around that early can lose to a newborn.
    Marshtomp has almost zero battle experience (only fought 1/2 times) and Eevee has, if I'm not much mistaken, been in more battles than Marshtomp.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

    Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:


    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Do I have to make note that Mashtomp may be far behind Sceptile and Combusken but still has a fair share of battle experience yet again? Fought half the times a Eevee? If I'm not mistaken this is Eevee's first real battle. Why couldn't Eevee lose to Harley and Munchlax take the win against Brock >_>. I never really liked contests anyway but I don't like Brock getting sucked into it and losing even though he is shafted by the writers.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    26

    Default

    This episode was pretty good actully. I thought it wouldn't. Bring on the next surprise

  23. #98

    Default

    Seizureman, I really don't see the validity in your argument >_> This isn't like the Dusclops/Skitty match or the Ariados/Squirtle match. Eevee won in a fair, believable way, and Marshtomp did an excellent job of fighting while the timer was still going. This match should pretty much please everyone except the few people who thought Brock would win.
    Bias against Eevee isn't enough to fuel an argument, BTW. I'm not all that fond of Eevee in general, but I can't deny May's Eevee did well here.

    ~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:


    Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.


    Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.


    Ficubes made by me.


    Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    No one even mentioned Skitty vs. Houndoom. Anyway, while Eevee is better than Squirtle (you've convinced me) its still a n00bie that needs more time to sharpen its skills. Even Treecko didn't win the first battle it was in when it got plummeted by Seviper who falls to almost anything now. Even SCEPTILE lost to Seviper and cacnea and a pack of Beedrill.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 10th March 2006 at 11:31 PM.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    Seizureman, I really don't see the validity in your argument >_> This isn't like the Dusclops/Skitty match or the Ariados/Squirtle match. Eevee won in a fair, believable way, and Marshtomp did an excellent job of fighting while the timer was still going. This match should pretty much please everyone except the few people who thought Brock would win.
    Bias against Eevee isn't enough to fuel an argument, BTW. I'm not all that fond of Eevee in general, but I can't deny May's Eevee did well here.

    ~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Indeed she/he did and it is nice to finally see one of May's Kanto PKMN fight a decent battle without any über powerful moves like her Squirtle, unfortunately, does most of the time it participates in a contest.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

    Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:


    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •