Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: What I Did for Love! (444)

The only explanation for it is Brock was battling too much like a Gym leader and less of a coordinator...the same thing happens to Ash later on.

They should have explained it though.

Cyber, you know it was BS how he lost though.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The only explanation for it is Brock was battling too much like a Gym leader and less of a coordinator...the same thing happens to Ash later on.

They should have explained it though.
    So your saying his battling wasn't perty enough?

that whole "serious Brock" thing was funny, but that look on his face was scary!

Yeah, Brock totally should've won. Marshtomp took out that Absol in two attacks, yet that little baby Eevee survives how many blows? I'm sorry, but that thing not fainting after getting hit by all those Mud Shots, Water Guns, and Tackles just defys logic. Brock obviously handled his Pokemon better, and was ripped off bigtime. It stinks that in an episode where Brock finally gets to shine, he gets cheated out of his win essentially because May needs another ribbon and so the writers could cut his coordinator career short.

If May had to win, they should've given her a better comeback or not have made Eevee get schooled so badly during the first part of the battle. The judges and crowd all seemed very impressed by Brock and Marshtomp's abilities, yet May squeezes out a cheap win somehow anyway. If Brock had to lose, they should've made it a loss you could actually believe.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2wh3vpw.png[/IMG]
    Thank you, SapphireL.

I can BREAK these cuffs!

Horn Drill-"Absol"utely correct. ><

so did Brock say the title?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    that whole "serious Brock" thing was funny, but that look on his face was scary!
    I was like ZOMG!!!!111 Brock's eyes aren't slits!

Nope, it was Ash that said it. And it sounded off. ^^

PUSA needs to stop cutting the character themes out. If the "moon-language" is too much for kids, then just keep the music.

Nope, which is going to get a lot of people angry, because it doesn't fit Ash saying the title.

Anyways, that was an interesting episode(I slept past the "Crimson Tide" episode, sadly). The only sad thing is that I couldn't record it because I misplaced my VCR tape.

You know what I think Brock got cheated out of? Being written off the show so that some other character could rejoin them. I mean, here we have the perfect woman for Brock - she's a breeder, she is interested in Brock and his techniques for training, and then...

"Oh, I'm sorry, I changed my mind. You're too experienced in contests to be my student, even though this is your first contest."

I'm just stating the opinion Cybercubed and a lot of people will have after this episode. And now that Brock has gone to Shinou with Ash, it looks like he'll be spending his life as a bachelor.

I'm glad I don't care one way or the other about Brock, but a lot of people will disagree with me. Anyways, since this episode isn't just about Brock...

I think May's Eevee did really great in her(his? I don't know what dang gender the furball is) first battle. Learning a new move is really neat, and the fact that they mentioned Marshtomp's fin made me glad that the writers are consistent(they remembered that Marshtomp doesn't lose its special skills from Mudkip).

Anyways, great episode, except for that cop-out at the end. As Adam Sessler would say...this episode gets a 5 out of 5.
    Last edited by C.J. Ray; 19th November 2006 at 3:26 AM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Also TR just died off.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Drill View Post
    Yeah, Brock totally should've won. Marshtomp took out that Absol in two attacks, yet that little baby Eevee survives how many blows? I'm sorry, but that thing not fainting after getting hit by all those Mud Shots, Water Guns, and Tackles just defys logic. Brock obviously handled his Pokemon better, and was ripped off bigtime. It stinks that in an episode where Brock finally gets to shine, he gets cheated out of his win essentially because May needs another ribbon and so the writers could cut his coordinator career short.
    Marshtompt was never a particularly strong Pokemon. As a Mudkip, it was barely in any battles. As a Marshtompt, again, it barely had any battles. This isn't Grovyle or Combusken we're talking about.

Eevee not fainting from those hits was fine, but it was the point system that was messed up. Brock lost too many points in the beginning, apparently for not being coordinator-like, but they didn't explain it.

If Brock had to lose, they should've made it a loss you could actually believe.

At least he didn't get KO'd. Time ran out so he probably would have won if it wasn't a time limit.

Wow this was Mays cheapest battle yet, what a bunch of bull crap mays evee takes all those attacks and her points arnt even half gone thats just cheap, all in all this episode sucked.

Am I the only one whose still a bit bothered my Squirtles 'archive' voice?.. Isn't Mays a female one?..

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

And the evidence of that would be where?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
    Wow this was Mays cheapest battle yet, what a bunch of bull crap mays evee takes all those attacks and her points arnt even half gone thats just cheap, all in all this episode sucked.
    I'd say Skitty v. Dusclops still beats this one. But it comes close.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

And Squirtle vs. Ariados beats both of those. I mean, at least Dusclops and Ariados were consistantly trained. More than I can say for Marshy.

Slept through both episodes this morning, so would anybody mind providing the dub names of Yuma (tall girl) and Mika (Raticate girl)?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

They kept Yuma for the dub. The girl with the Scizor was named Luna.

I don't remember what the Raticate girl's name was.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The girl with the Scizor was named Luna.
    Wow, that's also the original name. 0_o
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

^ The girl with the Absol was called Molly.

Okay, interesting episode overall.

Two pain in the arses doing the appeals round (even though it was good). And poor Brock, he does too many things in the name of love and then gets seriously burned *snickers*.

Now one thing I had to scream at the televison was this...

Medea: I'LL TAKE TWENTY PICTURES!

I said that a couple of months ago and I said it again. As for the Brock/May battle, really good. Love May's Eevee and blah, blah, blah. I went off on the Drew picture cameo appearance, I'm just satisfied with that!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Enjoyed the battle between Brock and May.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

xD I know Medea. I LOLed so hard when I saw the Drew pictures. I was not expecting them at all. I'm sure those sold fast. x3

Anyways, this was a nice episode. I agree with people, that they could have done the whole contest better. We didn't even get to see May battling that guy she had to battle. All of a sudden it went to 'May vs. Brock'. Yeah, but it was ok.

You have to wonder where Jessie got pictures of Drew from. Maybe she asked Harley to share the shots from his polaroid?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast