Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Did for Love! (444)

Quote Originally Posted by ArrEmmDee
    If Brock had won, there would have been that much more dragging on of either May having to win that many more contests and now having Brock as a really goofy rival, or she'd be given a sympathy ribbon.

And I have a feeling you'd all be complaining that much more. *sigh*
    You act like they don't have time to waste. This whole saga is a time-waster until D/P go gold. I still say that Numakero should've learned Earthquake in this episode.

Just finished watching the episode.

It's... scary how much I enjoyed it. I'll never forget Brock's appeal face as long as I live. Also, could someone tell me the exact spots where Bonsly used Faint Attack and Flail?

The Marshtomp vs Eevee fight was intense (I bold to show how intense it was!). Brock is a beast when it comes to fighting. So it irks me to see Eevee with so few appeal points after being thwarted on many attempts in the beginning of the battle. Eevee can also move hella fast underground. As in, 'poof' fast.

*Points* "Shado Barru!"

That got old. =P

Correct me here if I'm mistaken, but the Raticate/Absol Coordinator and Deus Ex beauty girl were related?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudoku
    You act like they don't have time to waste. This whole saga is a time-waster until D/P go gold. I still say that Numakero should've learned Earthquake in this episode.
    They don't have time to waste. The writers had to have Ash beat 7 Brains and May get 5 ribbons, as well as a Grand Festival, in under a year. That's why we're speeding along.

This saga was created to bridge Hoenn and D/P yes, but it's just as important as the events in Hoenn.

I dunno, didn't Nintendo say that they hadn't even started working on D/P when the Lucario movie came out? If that's true then they have plenty of time.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Correct me here if I'm mistaken, but the Raticate/Absol Coordinator and Deus Ex beauty girl were related?
    We think so, but we're waiting on confirmation from someone with better Japanese knowledge.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Also, could someone tell me the exact spots where Bonsly used Faint Attack and Flail?
    It used Flail when it was juggling those baseballs. I didn't hear him command Faint Attack at any point however.

During that whole baseball thing, I couldn't help but think of the Stantler episode way back in Johto. Remember when that little Stantler was falling, and Brock ran and dove to catch it, and said in the dub, "Good thing I was in Little League"? And now this with the baseballs... I'd love to know more about Brock's past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudoku
    I'm entirely apathetic to how long this saga will take, really. I'm just saying that the forum as a whole seems to be deadset about complaining about May's actions no matter what it is. And I agree about the Earthquake thing, considering it's one of his ever-elusive battle appearances and he actually went about it rather fiercely, so they should have capitalized upon the situation before waiting another 50 episodes, as it probably very well will be.

Sceptile Warrior Guest

How did May's evee win with only shadow ball and dig attack that makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Warrior
    How did May's evee win with only shadow ball and dig attack that makes no sense
    Maybe if you watched the episode, or at least looked at the pictures, it did make sense.

Whine, whine, b*tch, b*tch, yadda yadda. When even I'm getting bored of defending May and her Pokemon, you know something is overdone.

this just is just my opinion but that girl with the raticate and Absol reminds me of Chickorita everytime i look at her.

Her hair is green, just like the leaf.
    She has reddish eyes, It does too,
    and she's wearing a pale yellow shirt, same color as chickorita's skin, are the writers baseing people off pokemon now.

I don't know what relationship Yuma had with Mika, since she doesn't seem to refer to her as a daughter, sister, or student at any point, and Mika, likewise, never addresses her, let alone by a title (and their relationship never seemed to be apparent until the last minute). However, I get the feeling that Yuma might be Mika's teacher. If I got my dialogue right, Yuma used to be a coordinator and even won the Grand Festival. After the contest, I think Yuma said that Takeshi's a wonderful coordinator and there'd be nothing for her to teach him shortly before addressing the fact that this was Mika's first contest. With such dialogue in mind, it could be assumed Yuma's spending her time mentoring coordinators such as Mika (she's also a Pokemon breeder... something tells me she's in the same boat as Takeshi, who's an aspiring breeder but spends his time mentoring the younger characters). That also explains why she left him despite earlier, when she invited Takeshi to tag along with her. However, I think she contradicts herself, since at one point, she replied to Satoshi when asked if she plans to take Takeshi with her whether he won or lost the contest, to which her answer was yes, commenting that there're several things to learn in both coordinating and breeding. My translations could be off, of course.

Anyway, the Numacraw versus Eievui fight really wasn't half bad. As was mentioned before, the fact that it ended on a time-out (and it's about f***in' time a Kantou contest battle ended that way) made it less a kick the balls that Haruka won with a newborn, even if Eievui was highly trained over the past few episodes and Numacraw, in spite of evolution, is lacking in any experience. Though, the fact that Eievui took several hits against Numacraw at the beginning but kept going bugged the living hell out of me, it was a good fight nontheless. And I'm not going to complain about Eievui's suddenly learning Dig (hell, not only is it trained, but as I mentioned somewhere before, it could conceivably inherit such techniques given its origins on an egg farm with an unknown ancestry, unlike a certain starter), but I am unnerved by the fact that they've made Eievui more capable as it is. They better not keep this thing unevolved, dammit.

Kojirou's using that same salesman voice as he used in the recent Harley episode. I love that voice XD. Speaking of Rocket Dan, it looks like this episode is setting-up for the next contest, which Musashi intends to enter (and if I heard right, she intends to use her fairy costume). I will not be surprised if Musashi ends up putting up a decent fight, possibly even being Haruka's main opponent for her last ribbon.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

My my, this episode sure was chock full of those old Kanto instrumentals. One almost gets the feeling that they're actually there.

<_<

In any event, this was a pretty awesome episode and it definitely lived up to my expectations and then some. Which isn't really saying much I guess, since my expectations weren't all that high after last weeks... thing.

Damn, when was the last time they made any reference to Kojirou's bottle cap collection? I think it was all the way back in the Hosos. :/ Needless to say, continuity is in short supply these days, so it's great to see some, but naturally it's even more awesome since it pertains to Kojirou.

And speaking of the Rocket-dan, their hippie costumes were hilarious. It's too bad we only got a close-up of Musashi.

And of course the main point of the episode - Takeshi actually doing something worthy of note. Better late than never I suppose. Here's hoping he participates in more contests in the future, in the very least working behind the scenes with Haruka or something. His appeal with the baseballs was pretty cool, it's just too bad he never showed any interest in baseball when Nanako was around.

His battle with Haruka was really very nicely done and believable, and I like the fact that it was ended by a time up instead of a KO. The only thing that bugged me is that they kept using the same shot over and over whenever Takeshi ordered something. :/

Oh, and Zenigame's CG ice looked like crap. Go figure.
    ~

There's just one thing I don't understand ( sorry because I just watched the important scenes ): Why can Brock join in this Contest even he ain't got a Contest Pass?

About the battle: maybe the writer wanted May to win but I'm tired of battle like this : when May almost lost -> oh she's got a plan -> she wins

Quote Originally Posted by .::Lynee::.
    There's just one thing I don't understand ( sorry because I just watched the important scenes ): Why can Brock join in this Contest even he ain't got a Contest Pass?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't it said way back that it was possible to obtain a Contest Pass at every contest?
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

About the battle: maybe the writer wanted May to win but I'm tired of battle like this : when May almost lost -> oh she's got a plan -> she wins
    He did get a Contest Pass, he ran into a building in like 4 seconds and got one. lol.

Squirtle's appeal proves he's god.

And I beleive James mentioned his Bottle Caps in the second Ardan episode.

About the battle: maybe the writer wanted May to win but I'm tired of battle like this : when May almost lost -> oh she's got a plan -> she wins[/color]
    Every main character goes through that same routine in a tough battle. I can think of a number of times Ash pulled out a come-from-behind win, in several Gym battles no less.

I think letting Brock join in Contest is the way to make Pokemon BF longer. So Ash & Co. will go through many Contest Hall. ^^
    I don't know how many ribbons May get in Kanto, 4 or 5
    Last edited by .::Lynee::.; 12th March 2006 at 8:27 AM.

All right, finally saw the episode itself instead of judging simply from pictures. I have to say, I liked the Wakana match better. This one just seemed a little too standard. The Absol was wiped out within 10 seconds and Marshtomp vs. Eevee was surprisingly unexciting. It was a completely fair battle, but didn't involve any interesting strategies. On another surprising note, I found Squirtle's appeal to be the best part of the ep, not including little comedy bits like Lilian dragging Brock.
    I don't know how many ribbons May get in Kanto, 4 or 5[/color]
    She needs 5 and has 4.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Don't have access to Japanese episodes, so as always, I'm basing my opinions on pictures and previous posts.

From what I've seen, this episode is excellent, and I think it's the second best contest in Kanto so far (Right behind the one with Harley's victory, of course). It mixed humor, action, and a great storyline in a way that I haven't seen since.....I don't know how long. The scene where Brock joins the contest was hilarious, especially the way he got his pass. I love how Bonsly continues to attract women for Brock; I'm honestly surprised he doesn't worship the thing. The group's reaction to Brock's entry was a riot, and it was awesome to see Forretress' (unexpected) appearence, even if it was for just a second.

I'm a little confused about Raticate's appeal, though. From the pictures, it looks like all it did was chew a branch. Surely it must have done more than that. Right?

Team Rocket's subplot bored me, but I'm thrilled that after all this time, they've finally been able to con innocent people out of their money and get away with it. I couldn't be happier. Brock's appeal was creative, Bonsly & Marshtomp rule, and Brock's flirting was actually funny this time around. He just completely forgot he was doing an appeal and ran over to hit on Nurse Joy. Hohoho, I was laughing. It was also a nice touch that the writers let the audience know that Brock was nervious about competing. If he had just gone in there and hadn't been worried about anything, something would've been seriously wrong.

But of course, this episode was really all about THE battle, and if I do say so myself, THE battle was handled perfectly. Seriously, Brock's my favorite character in the show, and I'm not the least bit disappointed that he lost. The only thing I wanted from this contest was a little redemption for Brocko, and he got it. I mean, he handled himself really well out there; I don't think anyone can deny that. He's a brilliant battler and a great strategist. The man took out an Absol, which is thought of as quite the powerhouse in the anime. That alone was all I needed to consider this episode a classic. But his battle with May really took the cake. He was dominating May for the first half of the battle, and I couldn't have asked for a better fight. May was just as good; she handled Eevee really well in that battle, and despite the lack of variety in Eevee's moveset, the battle stayed interesting all the way through. What made me the happiest was that Eevee didn't win by KO, which wouldn't have looked right, regardless of Marshtomp's experience. I'm glad that Marshtomp and Eevee were both still itching to fight when time ran out, so that we get the impression that they could've taken MUCH more before going down. Face it, Marshtomp and Eevee may not be veterans on the battlefield, but they're sure as hell not pushovers, like some people are making them out to be.

Overall, absolutely terrific episode, I have no complaints. Maybe now people won't be complaing about Brock's ability or Marshtomp's lack of battle experience anymore, because it got a BUMLOAD in this episode. Not bad for Brock's first contest, huh?

Also, while that image if May and Eevee together is nice, I think she looks cuter in this image. It's just something about her eyes in that pic that makes her look so innocent.

These must be avatars. Nowz.

Long story short: May and Brock's first battle was awesome.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

This episode sounds good. The whole absol being defeated quickly is dumb though
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 12th March 2006 at 9:07 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This is a contest battle.May wins because she has more contest experience.Too bad Marshtomp lost.If this is a regular battle,Marshtomp might win.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

He does. We saw it. He got it way back in early Hoenn, same time as May got hers.

I think one thing some of these disappointed Brock fans aren't considering enough is that this was the final battle, meaning Brock had won every other battle up to that point (including, of course, the Absol battle that we saw). Reaching the final round in his very first contest is impressive, even May was unable to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    This episode sounds good. The whole absol being defeated quickly is dumb though
    Not at all. It apparently was its trainer's first contest, so from that it can be deduced that the Absol is also inexperienced, and probably fairly young.

One more thing I don't like about this Episode is Eevee's move. Dig is cool but it ain't good enough for Eevee, a special attack for Eevee is better

One more thing I don't like about this Episode is Eevee's move. Dig is cool but it ain't good enough for Eevee, a special attack for Eevee is better
    That's pretty stupid to suggest, considering Shadow Ball ain't exactly categorized as a "special" move.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast