Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Did for Love! (444)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I think one thing some of these disappointed Brock fans aren't considering enough is that this was the final battle, meaning Brock had won every other battle up to that point (including, of course, the Absol battle that we saw). Reaching the final round in his very first contest is impressive, even May was unable to do that.
    How impressive should that be? Aside from the fight with Absol (which lasted about 3 seconds by the way), there was no implication of fighting other coordinators, not even a montage like in previous eps. I'm not going to get excited over that. And this is Brock and May's fight. We're expecting him to get through.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Yes there was. There was one other match we didn't see.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Wish brock would have won though For a change
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Big Image

I'm talking about those matches being animated, Geo. What did you think I meant by montage?

Also, I noticed this when watching, the guy farthest to the left is that repeat character that gets used over and over.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I know that, V, but my point was there was at least proof that there was one other battle that he would've won.

Well he's got a 2-1 win/loss record so far in contest battles, that's not bad.

When the hell are we going to see that guy's Poliwrath again?
    And that other kid should learn that Azurrils are for chumps. He ain't going nowhere.

This episode, albeit a fantastic one, is being added to my list of episodes in the BF which just needed to be one episode longer. And the upcoming Smoochum episode is being added to the list of episodes which could have been sacrificed in order to allow these extra episodes.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Interestingly, the fact Brock lost to a baby doesn't bug me much. Maybe it's because from what I've been reading, Brock wasn't steamrolled and indeed did fabulously. I'm just glad to see Brock get some respect for once. I've been complaining a lot that being that he was a GL, he ought to be shown in a better light, and now I finally feel vindicated. If we think about it (we being Brock fans], the fact that Marshtomp had to inexplicably lose his ability mid-battle for May to have a chance says a heck of a lot, even though it's lazy writing and just plain bad form storywise. I've missed Gym Leader Brock. A lot. While I'm aware we may never see him seriously battle again, or for a very long time, I'm going to remember this as a must-see episode.
    My OTPs. I also like Rocketshipping.

Paired with ~Ampris~ in the InsanelyLongPMsship

Proud member of the Club for Brock's Fans. The character's sadly unappreciated these days.

Saw the episode and all I got to say is this:

*Takeshi is as "funny" as a sleeping Metapod
    *Bonsly is the most awful baby that I ever seen
    *Bonsly´s appeal was a copy from Haruka´s Skitty that was a copy from Ayane´s Delcatty
    *I would preferred to see Combusken battling and Eevee appealing, doing what?, hey, Haruka is the co-ordinator, she has to be the creative
    *However, the battle was great, Marshtomp is the only Pokémon that I like from Takeshi´s party ... but Kasumi would handle it better and Haruka´s strategy was sweet
    *This episode put Pokémon in first place in anime ratings in Japan

Question

I thought Absol are not allowed in contests?

With it's negative reputation, I would not have been surprised.

Side notes: I have never seen anyone use it or move sets/strategies for it.

(I believe it's the only pokemon of the week that has no contest info)
    Last edited by Vix; 13th March 2006 at 5:37 AM.

Why the hell would Absol not be allowed (note the correct spelling) in contests? They aren't even legendary. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by .::Lynee::.
    One more thing I don't like about this Episode is Eevee's move. Dig is cool but it ain't good enough for Eevee, a special attack for Eevee is better
    whyt? what is so wrong with Eevee knowing dig?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Why the hell would Absol not be allowed (note the correct spelling) in contests? They aren't even legendary. -_-
    It's probably because all the support beams in the building would mysteriously collapse.

Jeez, May battles that guy AGAIN?

The first time he showed up was in the Hoenn Harley Contest. He was the guy who used Suskrit against May, and the one where Harley told May that Suskrit was super-slow.

That guy with the hat must love getting his ass handed to him by a girl, because we know May just keeps kicking his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    It's probably because all the support beams in the building would mysteriously collapse.
    That rumor must only exist in certain areas.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    whyt? what is so wrong with Eevee knowing dig?
    I don't say Dig's wrong with Eevee. Just that I like a special attack better

Quote Originally Posted by .::Lynee::.
    I don't say Dig's wrong with Eevee. Just that I like a special attack better
    Your other choices for a non-generic Eevee attack? Iron Tail or Toxic. Trust me, Dig and Shadow Ball were good choices.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Brocksketchum Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Your other choices for a non-generic Eevee attack? Iron Tail or Toxic.
    I would pick Toxic, it's so brutally evil.

All the competitors in this contest seem more newbish to me than the usual fare. Maybe the image of the Raticate biting that stick is still in my mind?

Brock still knows how to kick butt and take names. Now, to fix that scoring system...

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksketchum
    I would pick Toxic, it's so brutally evil.

All the competitors in this contest seem more newbish to me than the usual fare. Maybe the image of the Raticate biting that stick is still in my mind?

Brock still knows how to kick butt and take names. Now, to fix that scoring system...
    He speaks the truth. Marshtomp was owning Eevee most of it, so Eevee should be out of the game before it got a chance to make it's "come back".

End of post.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007
    *This episode put Pokémon in first place in anime ratings in Japan
    Seriously?

Wow, the Japanese fans must've been just as excited to see Brock doing something as we were.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Jeez, May battles that guy AGAIN?

The first time he showed up was in the Hoenn Harley Contest. He was the guy who used Suskrit against May, and the one where Harley told May that Suskrit was super-slow.

That guy with the hat must love getting his ass handed to him by a girl, because we know May just keeps kicking his butt.
    His face also appeared in another Kanto Contest screen too, along with the Azurill guy. One of the Kanto Harley episodes I think.

I guess they're following May around. o_o

Maybe they're closet May-fanboys.

Well, May isn't the only travelling coordinator, so it's at least somewhat logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    When the hell are we going to see that guy's Poliwrath again?
    As soon as possible, IMO >=0 More Poliwrath in animé says I.

Speaking of recurring filler characters, isn't the man to the right of May that guy Phantom_Bugsy likes....Caden, is it?

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

"Here we GO!"

Someone seriously needs to shoot Lillian in the face the next time she says that >.> She actually says that at least 3 times EVERY Contest episode. I mean, at least Vivian had some fresh material every once and a while.

God I hope 4Kids changes that sentence when they dub the Battle Frontier. "Ready, Set, GO!", "Let's BEGIN!", anything D:

On the episode itself, I rather enjoyed it. It was nice to see Brock get some decent screen time [his Pokemon as well], and the episode itself was fun to watch.

I'm really starting to like Eevee. It's wins are believable, it's attacks well taught, it's like the writers are fixing the mistakes they made with Squirtle on it. Not to mention it's adorable <3

I personally think the outcome of the battle was believable [and that's not my May bias talking]. Both May and Brock were really low on their Contest points, and no one was KOed. It was a completely fair and interesting battle in which May made more use of her time.

Brock rushing into the Contest Hall and back again with his Co-Ordinator card was hilarious. Another thing I enjoyed about this episode is that Pokemon that needed screen time got it. Raticate, Absol, Brock's Marshtomp, Squirtle *attacked by everyone on this forum* [joking!], even Manectric and Sableye make still-shot appeals.

Very well done.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast