Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butterfly Lovers (Contestshipping)

Default Butterfly Lovers (Contestshipping)

So, this story is my first fanfic. I missed creative writing in english and so many of you inspired me to write (Encyclopika, Torchic, etc ) It's a pretty short fic, as its based on another story. (sort of). You'll see when I'm done that its actually VERY different from the original story.

Synopsis: May and Drew are on the way to their next Grand Festival. It has been a couple of years since their Hoenn Grand Festival, therefore Drew is around 16 and May is around 14. The ship crashes while May is asleep- she had taken a sleeping pill that night. Drew finds May, and hauls her into the lifeboat.Soon they approach land, it happens to be a region that they weren't supposed to be in (They miss the Grand Festival). They end up having to wait for a ship to take them back home, but it's a couple months until the ship comes. And then, just read and see what happens! If you guys like it, I'll start a PM list but for now there isnt any.

Butterfly Lovers
    Act 1: Grand Festival, Aboard the Ship- It's been 5 Years.
    Rating: G

Butterfly Lovers

A golden trophy cup, intricately trimmed in solid gold, sat inside a

previously polished glass display box gleamed alluringly towards a teenaged

girl who lingered nearby. Approaching the box, she lifted her hands and placed

them carefully on the box, while gently leaning forward.

“Hmm, this time I won’t lose the Grand Festival!” she stated to

herself, her eyes sharpening from the determination from those words.

“Enthusiasm won’t get you anywhere, but hey, I see that you’ve made it into

the Grand Festival again. I’m quite surprised,” a new voice sneered. Whipping

herself around, the girl came to realize she was face to face with her

greatest rival, Drew. There he stood, his hands in his pockets, nonchalantly

looking at May, his green hair nearly covering his eyes, yet at the same time

neatly pulled away from his face. Though it had been many years since they

had first met, he had kept the same clothes, a lightweight purple jacket with

a black shirt underneath, along with turquoise pants. She gave him a head to

toe look, all while thinking, It’s been 5 years since our first Grand Festival

together, you’d think he’d show me a little more respect by now!

“I’ve seen you at every Grand Festival since the Hoenn one so many years

ago, I’m every bit as good as a coordinator as YOU!” her voice rising in a

steady crescendo, until she was practically shouting. The girl towered over

Drew, standing on her tippy toes with her fist clenched- she was almost

about to hit him.

“ Yeah, but you’ve also lost to me all five times in the Grand Festival Miss

Coordinator. I don’t recall YOU taking home a Ribbon Cup yet, whereas I’ve

got one already. Anyway MAY, I’d check your skirt if I were you,” Drew

replied, still smirking. May shrunk back, confused at what he said about her

skirt.

“What do you mean, my skirt? It’s perfectly fine..” May trailed off, while

slightly turning crimson.

“ Look in the mirror genius, I’m not going to point it out for you,” laughed

Drew as he gave his trademark two fingered wave while sauntering away.

Ugh That Drew, he never changes does he? Well, I’ll show him, May thought,

passing by a full-length mirror. Her eyes glanced at the mirror before abruptly

stopping. Jaw dropping and eyes widening, she realized that from all the

excitement of boarding the ferry to the Grand Festival, she had put on her

skirt inside out. She turned bright red and cried out from embarrassment

before racing back to her quarters.

Inside her room, she quickly changed her skirt so that it was put on the right

way. Sighing to herself, she examined herself in the bathroom mirror, to make

sure she didn’t have any other appearance faux pas. May wore a red zip-up

shirt and a white skirt that hugged her tightly above the knees. Her hair was

tied up into two parts, and she had a bandana that she tied on her head-it

was her trademark. Strangely enough for May, she had slight dark circles

underneath her eyes, for she couldn’t sleep the night before from all the

excitement she had to endure. Regardless, she would try to remain energetic

throughout the day.

Down at the dining hall, Drew sat with his Roselia, taking bites out of his

dinner while chuckling to himself. He could only imagine May’s reaction was

when she saw her skirt. It was almost as though he could hear her scream

when she checked herself. Still laughing, he was interrupted by a quick slap in

the head- it pushed his face into the table. Looking over, he saw May

standing over him, with her hands on her hips.

“Why didn’t you tell me! It’s not like anything was showing!!! Did you know

how many people looked at me funny the whole time?!?!” she yelled.

“Your fault you were so careless that you put on your CLOTHES wrong!”

retorted Drew. May browsed around the hall before realizing all seats were

taken. She grabbed the rest of Drew’s dinner and huffily sat down next to

Drew, before commencing to eat his dinner.

“HEY!! What do you think you’re doing?!” he shouted, yanking his dinner back.

“Fine, let me starve,” she whined, and sat silently next to him, arms crossed.

Drew took one glance at May before bursting out in laughter again.

She glared at him, “WHAT NOW?!”

“Nice bra strap May,” he teased, “Did you tear your shirt on the way out?”

“AAGGHHHHHH” May growled, turning red. She slammed her hands on the

table, before saying , “I’m so tired of you!! I’m going to bed.” Drew stared at

her while she ran away, only slightly aware that the entire hall had quieted

down and were observing the previous commotion. Waves of giggles spread,

and Drew turned pink as he realized people were whispering about May and

him.

Behind her room door, May leaned against her door and buried her face in her

hands. What now?, they both thought to themselves as they stared off into

space (thinking of the day’s events).

--------------------------------------------------------

Whew. I never thought I missed writing this much. I copied and pasted from Word, so I'm not sure if I might have accidentally missed something.

PM List (in case i forget eh heh heh.. sorry I"m typing this from memory..):
    Encyclopika
    Sakura Marie
    May_Beautifly.

Note: Please don't rate this fic absurdly low just because it's contestshipping. I'm pretty sure that there are some of you that do that- I saw other great fics who's ratings have dropped a notch or so, obviously because someone rated really lowly, like absurdly low. I'm not stupid okay, I can do math perfectly well thank you I'm aware someone has rated me a 1. I'm sure they have done the same to other contestshipping fics, since I've calculated theirs too (sorry no life here). That's just horribly close-minded and immature of you. To put it bluntly.
    Last edited by disbejackiee; 11th April 2006 at 6:46 AM.

<---- CREDITS to Rainbow Latias. Sprites- Pokesho + elite2000

[IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sd07lc.jpg[/IMG]
    Current Fic: Butterfly Lovers (Contestshipping) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109994

No, it's not the generic May + Drew fic..

Banner credits to Saffire Persian.

Cute story...love the way Drew was harassing May...classic says I. XP
    The only thing I have slight qualms with is the spacing...what's the purpose of spacing it like that? ^^;
    Anyway, good plot and fantastic writing skill - all with big words, good description, and easily flowing lines, though the end was a little confusing...but I suppose another read will help me.
    Good work, I shall wait for Act 2. ^^
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Thanks, I originally had meant to space it in paragraphs, except I dozed off on whatever I was doing and ended up spacing the whole thing. Heh Heh....

I'm having a ton of ideas right now its getting hard to organize them! x_X

The skirt thing really did happen to me, so I totally understand how May feels. Except it was my shirt. No one even told me until I got home, and when I dropped my friend off shes like ," your shirt's inside out". Yeah -_-"

Oh yeah, and the ending was meant to be somewhat like a movie ending. Like, you know how when a screen splits in half, and they are both thinking the same thing to themselves?
    Last edited by disbejackiee; 15th March 2006 at 1:12 AM.

Current Fic: Butterfly Lovers (Contestshipping) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109994

^Oh that's cute
    ...and that really sucks for you. ^^;;;; Sorry that happened.
    And write down all of your ideas somewhere and keep them in a safe place...when you get time, write 'em - tis what I always do. ^^
    PM me for the next Act will you? ^^

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Wow I spent all night writing, because I was just having so many thoughts I had to get it out. Hopefully this act is a little longer- it was originally two acts, but they were both really short, so I decided to just combine it to make it one. The next update might not be that fast- I need to brainstorm a tad bit more. Those who want to be PMed will be!

Act 2: Ship Crisis! Dead asleep May!

Act 2:
    Tired and worn out, May walked out of her bathroom toweling her wet hair- she had just taken a shower. She trudged over to her bed, dragging her feet- her eyes half closed. On her nightstand lay a small bottle of sleeping pills. I’m so tired today, I might as well take one and sleep in all day. With a small swig of water, she swallowed the pill and continued to wrap herself around her blanket. In a few minutes, her breathing changed from shallow and quick to long and deep. She had completely forgotten that she hadn't closed her door.

It was only seven o’clock in the evening, and Drew finally finished dinner. Scanning the ferry, he concluded that there was nothing else to do, and decided to head back to his room. While walking, his mind began to drift- recalling memories of many years ago, when he first met May and the amusing rivalry they had. Unconsciously, he found himself leaning against the railing, looking out onto the sea- so deep in thought.

I hope you’re not planning to enter the contest with a cheesy act like THAT. If you must know, I’m Drew, Pokemon Coordinator. His own words echoed in his head as he began thinking about how much May had changed over the years. I have to admit, she WAS a horrible coordinator back in the day. Frisbee throwing? Please. It’s so different now, how I now see her as a strong rival, someone I actually need to try to beat in a Contest. She’s only gotten better, and she almost beat me in the Final Round last year in the Grand Festival. At least I won. The cool mist of the ocean sprayed against his face, and the moon lit a small path-like light along the ocean, giving him a shadow. Drew stared at his shadow, before closing his eyes and letting the memories of their preteen years wash over him.

A funny sound reverberated throughout the ship- it was one that sounded like metal on metal, churning, screeching and squealing. Breaking Drew out of his own thoughts, he instantly became alert while investigating what exactly happened. Before he could find out, a PA system with the captain’s voice spoke out, “We seem to have hit a gargantuan rock that happened to pass by unnoticed by our navigational systems. For safety, please board onto the safety boats.” Gosh, luckily there are so few people on this ferry, so almost everyone gets their own boat Drew thought to himself, lightly jogging his way towards the lifeboat. He then suddenly remembered that May had gone to bed early- he hadn’t seen her at all throughout the night. Feeling slightly more urgent, he sprinted to May’s door (which luckily was open) and saw her, innocently sleeping.

“MAY! Wake up, the ship is sinking!” shouted Drew, power-walking over to her bedside. Shaking her, he had hoped that it would wake her up; but he looked at her bedside and realized that she had taken a sleeping pill. Not now!!!! He thought, as he started shaking her frantically.

“Please make your way to the lifeboats immediately, the bottom storage area of the ship has already been partially flooded,” the PA system announced.
    Don’t slap me when you wake up, Drew thought, as he tore the blankets off of May. Seizing all her clothes and pokeballs, he stuffed them into his own bag before wrapping his arms around May’s torso. This won’t work, I can’t carry her like this, he thought, and instead put one arm under her back for support, and one underneath her legs. As if it were an instinct, May sleepily wrapped her arms around Drew’s neck, and nuzzled closely onto his shoulder- still sleeping and dreaming. Jeez, sleeping a little deep there. Drew glanced at her,a pink color rising in his cheeks, still running to catch the last lifeboat.

Gently laying May onto one of the seats, he hopped down to the lifeboat before lowering the boat down to the ocean. Noticing that the boat had an emergency engine, he switched it on and drove as far away from the sinking ship as possible, to avoid the current that could drag their boat down to the ocean with them- stopping when all was finally silent. With a slight frown, he looked back and forth between the sinking ship and May, before shaking his head and laying himself down so that they could sleep. At least this lifeboat is really good quality, it’s like a mini-boat with almost everything we need. His eyes passed May and he realized that although they were indoors, she still had nothing to cover herself. Without thinking, he threw his purple jacket over her, for he had taken the extra blanket (he wasn’t going to share a blanket with May). He continued staring at her, his thoughts running wild with the thought that they were now stranded in the ocean. Throwing the blanket over himself, he closed his eyes and fell into a trance-like sleep.

A large ship approached the plethora of lifeboats scattered throughout the ocean. Blowing its horn, a sailor shouted to the remaining crew from the ferry that they were there to get the coordinators to the Grand Festival. Drew’s eyes shot open, and he clambered out of the bench before waving frantically to the sailors. “OVER HERE!!!” he shouted, trying to create a ruckus. Realizing that he had driven the boat too far for any of the crew to see, he began to reach for his Pokemon. “Masquerain! Hurry go over to the ship and tell the crew to get us help!” Drew called. To no avail, the ship had already begun to depart for the Grand Festival- Masquerain desperately sped towards the ship, trying its best to catch up. Knowing that it was hopeless, Drew withdrew Masquerain, and slumped down onto his bench. We are in so much more trouble than I thought…
    ------------------------Morning Approaches----------------

May’s eyes fluttered gently open, still slightly unaware of the fact that she was no longer in her sleeping quarters. Turning to her side, she was perturbed to find herself on the ground with a thud. She sat up rapidly, observing the unfamiliar boat surroundings around her. Her eyes traveled downwards, and at the same time, her hands flew off what she thought was a blanket- it was a lightweight purple jacket that seemed much too familiar to her. Aghast, May turned to see Drew, still asleep on the other side of the bench. I wonder what happened, why am I here, and with DREW? He’s got a LOT of explaining to do!!! An attempt to get on her feet caused her to fall straight back down to the ground; she was still experiencing the after-effects of the sleeping pill.

“Can you be any louder?” Drew looked at her, an exasperated expression on his face.

“ What exactly happened last night?” May inquired, a suspicious look creeping up on her face.

“Simple, while you were off in Dreamland the boat hit a rock and sank. Naturally, I dragged the whole ton of you down to this lifeboat, or else you would be Sharpedo food by now,” Drew casually explained, “You know, you owe it all to me, especially because when the backup ship came, YOU weren’t awake to help me to get HELP! It’s up to ourselves to get us to land, AND we’re going to miss the Grand Festival.” His voice grew louder, an accusing tone taking the place of the casual one just a few seconds ago. May looked down, too afraid to see into Drew’s eyes, for she knew he was disappointed at her; but she couldn’t help but feel gratitude towards him- he had just saved her life.

“Drew?” her meek voice spoke out.

“What?” was the reply.

“Thanks..for saving me I mean. I’m sorry for sleeping all the way through, I

caused you too much trouble..” May apologized, keeping her head downwards. After a minute, she braved a look at Drew, and found him looking at her, amused. When their eyes made contact, the two immediately looked away, slightly blushing.

“I don’t know why I did it, I guess if my biggest rival died, I’d obviously miss

beating her,” Drew spoke again.

May fumbled around with Drew’s purple jacket, before returning it to Drew; she finally understood that Drew had given her the purple jacket so she wouldn’t be cold while she slept. Is this really the Drew I know? Everything tells me he’s been nice to me while I’m sleeping, but why is he still so cold and mean towards me when I talk to him? Can’t he stop making fun of me?

Breaking the silence, she decided to ask, “How are we supposed to get to

land? We don’t have enough supplies to live here forever you know.” To be extra ruthless, May decided to throw in a smirk towards Drew- a taste of his own medicine.

Proving her to be incorrect, Drew flicked his hair and countered, “Been there,

done that. I’ve sent Masquerain and Flygon to fly upwards so it could search

for land. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to have your Beautifly to search as well.” Defeated, May let out her Beautifly.

“Beau!!” it called, flying upwards to join Masquerain and Flygon for its search for land. An awkward silence filled the boat, interrupted only by the sound of the wind and waves. May could feel herself burning up- she never had awkward silences when she traveled with her friends.

“So…….” May trailed off, scuffling her feet against the floor.

“If you have nothing to say, it’s better not to say anything. After all, the less you think, the more you talk, but I guess that’s natural for you since you never think anyway,” Drew teased, abruptly cutting off the conversation.

“Do you mind? I’m trying to be nice here,” she wailed, flailing her hands around her head to show her frustration. In a split second, Drew stuffed a fully bloomed red rose in her face. May coughed from inhaling the sweet aroma of the rose in excess. Feeling the velvety sensation of the rose pedals, May calmed down- and continued to stare at the rose.

Seconds became minutes, as minutes became hours- the boat remained silent, although the pair had gone off to busy themselves with other things to do. Suddenly, Masquerain, Flygon and Beautifly appeared from the sky, all appearing as if they had finally found land.

“Beautifly!!! Did you find land?? YAY Great! Finally!!” exclaimed May, hopping up and down, causing the boat to rock slightly. Catching Drew’s eyes, they both grinned and made their way to the navigation corner.

“Clueless as ever huh?” mocked Drew, as he knowledgably began piloting the boat. “Just sit down and continue doing whatever you do to amuse yourself- we should be there soon.” Not to be dampened by his words, May perkily skipped over to the bench and began tending her Skitty. I wonder where we’re going.

-----------------------
    Hopefully that was longer + more interesting than the first chapter. I know the first one sounded like a typical contestshipping fic =/. I tried to make this one different!

I like this. Very cute interaction between May and Drew. Makes me wish they used Drew a lot more.........

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

May sleepily wrapped her arms around Drew’s neck, and nuzzled closely onto his shoulder
    YES!!! ^^
    Cute, well written, and the plot is getting thicker! ^^ Sorry I didn't reply so soon, but yeah. ^^;;; School sucks.
    Anyway, keep it coming, this story is fantastic!

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Hahaha unconcious actions are the best.

I love this! The first chapter was hilarious, I was cracking up when May had her skirt on backwards, and the part with her eating Drew's dinner... And in the second chapter, the plot becomes so interesting! Love the idea. I think you captured Drew's personality perfectly. Seems exactly like what he would do. Save her, and act kind while she's sleeping, but then return with the rude/sarcastic remarks after she awoke. Those were hilarious, too. Can't wait for the next part! ^^

Aww thanks I'm glad you like it as much as I like writing it. I'm going through a rough time right now though, so updating might take awhile..

Don't worry about it. Quality > Quanity in a short time ^^

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Default Good Job!

I like your style of writing. It is kind of creative if I do say so myself. Also I would say that it's kinda cute since May's in it.

Keep up the good work. What I would do is make an outline before I write.

Don't worry about it. Quality > Quanity in a short time ^^
    You say that to disbejackiee but you don't say something like that to me?
    I mean, mines was an unfortunate quality over quantity, and you said that it would be soooo hard for me to break out of the grammar problem!
    Last edited by HarleyScarow; 25th March 2006 at 1:40 AM.
    Banner: Me | Clubs: May/Drew/Harley/TR
    Member of the Gay Alliance; I'm Openly Gay

Bishie: Totemo Harley | Ship: Cactus Thorn
    Couple: Harley x Jessie | Song: Together
    Game: XD Gale of Darkness | Character: Netto Hikari

Friend Code: 4039 5205 2554

Act three will be up soon! I'm finishing it up right now; perhaps if I finish before 12 o'clock I'll post it. It's a transition act, so it's a bit longer

Default Act 3!!!!

Act 3 is finally up! I had been doing a little bit by a little. I have to admit that this was a side-event that I thought up, because I needed a way to develop the story a bit more. Sorry that it might sound like a generic May+Drew chapter. Now that I got this part over (I think this is probably one of the hardest parts to do), the rest should come flowing. I'll probably need to add some more events + drama later on so I can accurately follow the storyline of the original story. Here's Act 3:

Act 3: Rilassante
    Rating: PG-13 for one tiny part where there is reference to slightly inappropriate themes.

“Weee!!!” exclaimed May, spreading her arms around her and kneeling, taking in every bit of breeze she could get. She had climbed onto the roof of the boat while Drew conducted their way towards land, and decided to sightsee the rest of the way there. Excited at the thought she could finally touch and feel land again, May became more and more restless as energy began building up within her once again. Crawling down from the roof, she skipped over to Drew, giggling. “You should let out your Pokemon! If you won’t play with them, I will!”

“Do whatever you want, as long as you leave me alone so we don’t get lost again,” murmured Drew, his eyes still intent on the piece of land. Grabbing his Pokeballs, May tossed them enthusiastically upwards, unleashing Flygon, Masquerain and Roselia. She then resumed entertaining herself among all her friends.

As the morning lagged by, the slim piece of land became quite large. It was evident that it was a foreign region- May squealed excitedly while standing next to Drew. Land was only a few feet away. Clutching Drew’s shoulders, May gave it a squeeze before giggling, “Hey watch this!!”. Hopping up and down a few times, she dashed towards the end of the boat.

”May what are you doing????!” called Drew, curious yet alarmed. May paid no heed as she gracefully leaped overboard, expectant of her landing in the soft sand. To her disappointment, instead hearing a gentle thud upon the sand, she heard a sharp splash. May had missed the land- she jumped knee-deep into the water. Behind her, she heard an uproar of laughter that could only be Drew. Discombobulated, May hauled herself like a wet dog onto the beach, closely followed by Drew, who very intelligently removed his turquoise pants as to not get them wet while walking towards the sand. May saw his boxers as an excuse to get him back for laughing at her.

“Please Drew, no one wants to see your underwear,” snickered May, pretending to cover her eyes.

Catching on to what May was trying to do, Drew thought quickly and retaliated, “Please, I never asked you to stare at my underwear. You see, at least I was bright enough to make sure my clothes didn’t get wet.” Making his way out of the water, he brushed off the sand and proceeded to put his pants back on. Although May only had herself to blame for getting her clothes wet, Drew felt a slight guilt for making fun of her, as she was visibly shaking from her damp clothes. Luckily, Drew recalled that he had brought along a towel, just in case they got wet. Pulling a towel out of his bag, he threw it in May’s face.

“HEY! What was THAT for???” howled May, catching the towel before it fell. To May’s amazement, Drew also proceeded to take off his black shirt, also flinging it in May’s face.

“Do you really think I’d let you freeze to death out here? It wouldn’t look good for me if people found me dragging a dead body around. Go behind a bush and change into my shirt, and you can wrap the towel around your waist like a skirt too. Here’s the pin.” Drew tossed a bobby pin over his head, landing on top of his shirt in a consecutive order. Looking curiously at him, May felt something move in her gut, it had felt kind of funny- this was the second time she had felt grateful to be stuck here with Drew. “Stop staring at me like you have a crush on me or something, go away and change. We need to find a place to stay.” He cut off her thoughts, forcing May to scuttle away-out of Drew’s view.

Within a couple of minutes, May emerged completely dry. Drew’s black shirt fitted loosely around May, hanging a couple of inches past her waist. May carefully wrapped his towel neatly around her waist, pinning it securely with a bobby pin. Although she looked somewhat shabby, she had no other option as they still had to find a place to stay. Peering around the area for Drew, May strolled back to the spot where she had last seen him. She found him a couple of feet away; however she paid no heed to the fact that Drew had been staring at her all this time.

“Over here May, I think I see a large Pokemon Center straight ahead,” called Drew, beckoning May over. An impatient and annoyed look shadowed his face as he stood, waiting for May to hustle over. “Can you be any slower?” May rolled her eyes, and she proceeded to walk ahead of Drew, as if to spite him. Suddenly, she felt an arm pull her backwards, forcing her to lose her balance and crash into Drew. The force sent the both of them into the sand, with May sprawled across Drew’s spread-eagled body. She discovered that Drew’s arms were entangled in May’s, and upon discovery, she felt heat rising up into her face. Drew had humorous exasperation written all over his face as he exclaimed, “May! You were going the wrong way smart one, and as much as I know you like me, you really don’t have to lay right on top of me.” Standing upright again, May giggled and sprinted off in the correct direction towards civilization- with Drew close behind.

Inside the Pokemon Center, Nurse Joy spotted two teenagers dashing towards her desk. One of them was a girl, dressed in a black shirt and a towel pinned securely onto her waist; another was a boy, with a purple jacket zipped up and turquoise pants. Although she knew that they must have been in a rush, she was currently inconceivably busy with check-ins for the lodges. Nurse Joy smiled to herself as she recognized the two trainers as the two finalists in the last Grand Festival. It couldn’t have been more evident that they had been traveling together, for the girl was wearing Drew’s trademark black shirt. However, Nurse Joy couldn’t help but wonder what they were doing in the Rilassante Region. Shouldn’t they be at the Grand Festival this year? Quickly masking her smile in a more professional looking appearance, she walked over to the desk as the two trainers approached her desk.

Gasping for air, May pleaded, “Please, Nurse Joy, will you tell us where we are?” Nurse Joy blinked, a confused look taking over her face, before she realized that they had probably never been rescued on the night the ferry had sunk.

“Hello May and Drew, this is the Rilassante Region- a place where many trainers and Pokemon come relax. Is there any reason why you’re here but not at the Grand Festival??” Nurse Joy questioned.

Drew explained, “Well you see Nurse Joy, we were never rescued by the ship that was to take us to the Grand Festival, and so we had no choice but to go to the closest land we could find. When is the fastest that we can get back to the Grand Festival?”

The moment Drew and May looked into Nurse Joy’s eyes, they knew that something was amiss. Sympathetically, Nurse Joy disclosed, “I’m terribly sorry, but the next ferry that will pass by this region won’t be for a frightfully long period of time.”

Almost afraid to ask, May pried, “Um….how long will it be?”

“At least six months” responded Nurse Joy.

Out of desperation, Drew queried, “Will you give us a place to stay? We don’t have anywhere to go, and we don’t have any money left.”

Handing her check-in schedule over to Drew, Nurse Joy answered, “Deepest apologies, but we’re completely booked today,” she paused, leafing through the book, before cheerfully continuing, “but we do have an opening after that!! Just for tonight, you can sleep in our extra sleeping bags. Any place is fine, since tonight is going to be a wonderfully warm night.” Upon finishing her apology, she handed May and Drew two neatly rolled up sleeping bags, complete with a petite pillow tied on top of the bag.

While walking towards the couches close to the window, May sighed, “At least we’re in a beautiful region. If its such a great place for relaxation and vacations, I bet there must be tons of activities around here!” Her voice slowly became one of excitement, with the prospect of exploring a new region.

“ You’re still as clueless and happy-go-lucky as ever huh?” remarked Drew, “I hope you realize that we are going to miss the Grand Festival this year, AND if the ferry doesn’t come for at least another six months, we’ll be under loads of pressure to collect our five ribbons for the NEXT Grand Festival. A coordinator such as yourself is going to need so much more time to gather the five ribbons- I don’t worry about myself.”

May’s face fell once again, realizing that she could potentially forfeit her next two chances to win the Ribbon Cup. However, she had no choice but to counter, “Well, we’re here now, and there’s nothing we can do about it. Why don’t we just take this year off and have fun here until the ferry comes to take us home?”

Drew shrugged before standing up and walking away. He needed some time alone to soak up the information. May stared after him thinking, Poor Drew. I know he really wanted to compete in this Grand Festival, he’s been training for this all year. Regardless, May giggled to herself, she knew so little about Drew that it was going to be fun to find out more about him. She continued to ponder and plan out her six months here in the Rilassante Region while at the same time watching the sun set.

At the same time while May was thinking about Drew, he sat outside the Pokemon Center, staring off into the sunset while also coincidentally thinking about May. Although he was resentful of the fact that he would be missing this Grand Festival, and possibly the next one, he couldn’t help but think about what May had said about making the most out of their time. Somewhere deep inside him, he knew that he would eventually enjoy May’s company- at least more than he felt was comfortable.

------------------------------------Nighttime---------------------------

Throwing their sleeping bags on the sand, May and Drew squirmed into their temporary bed. Letting the soothing sounds of the ocean pounding on land wash over them, they closed their eyes and smiled. It was a fairly warm night, and May wasn’t about to let Drew drift off to sleep like that. She propped herself onto her elbows, and turned her head to face Drew. Shifting her sleeping bag, she scuttled closer next to Drew, who was unawares of her approach. She giggled, before yelling, “DREW!!!!”. His eyes shot open, before sitting up and glaring at May. “Do you really think I’m going to just let you go to sleep without me having any fun? You’re going to stay awake and keep me company until I fall asleep.” May smiled. She perched on her knees, waiting for Drew to sit up as a sign that she could continue bugging him.

“What do you want? This isn’t the best time for this you know,” Drew muttered, rubbing his eyes before skulking at May.

She paused as an attempt to build up the suspense, before cheerfully bursting out, “Let’s play truth or dare!!!!”. To her surprise, May heard Drew giggle, before realizing he had actively sat up on his knees as well.

“Deal, you go. Truth or Dare?” A mischievous glint sparkled in his eyes, which made May hesitate slightly on her choice. Nevertheless, she still went with the safest option there was.

“Truth!” May had sounded slightly more tentative as minutes passed by.

“Okay, have you ever kissed a guy?” Drew rolled his eyes, laughing at his inability to conjure up a better question.

“ What kind of question is that?!?!” laughed May, before quieting down and murmuring, “No… I haven’t”.

“ I’m not surprised actually, I don’t even know why I asked that. Truth,” he replied, shifting his focus onto running his hands through the warm sand.

May snickered, scooping two handfuls of sand in both her hands (it unconsciously made a sloppy heart shape) and dumped them roughly onto Drew’s hands before questioning, “Have you ever had a girlfriend before?”

A brief glance from Drew followed simultaneously as the question was asked; he flicked his hair and patronized, “What do you think May? Unlike you, I don’t repel members of the opposite sex upon the first five seconds of meeting them.”

Her eyes widened in a curious manner, before slowly bursting out into silent fits of laughter. “You? Girlfriend? HAHAHA. Poor girl. Anyway, I’ll be brave this time and say….DARE!”

This was his perfect moment to humiliate May; although his teenage hormones yearned for something more. Drew grinned before casting a sidelong glance at May. He looked away from her as he said, “Well Miss Courageous, I dare you to jump into the ocean- naked.”

May’s jaw dropped down to the ground. She couldn’t refuse a dare, yet it was hard to conceive that someone as calm, collected and serious as Drew would have her participate in an act like that. His eyes upon her, she could practically hear him taunting her, saying that she wouldn’t go through with the dare. Scuffling over to the shoreline of the beach, May quickly tore off her clothes and instantly dove into the ocean in hopes of covering herself. Amidst the sound of rolling waves, she could hear Drew’s laughter piercing the air. Although it was slightly chilly, May felt her face burn up slightly, and knew once again that he had made her blush.

To her horror, she could make out Drew sprinting madly towards the shoreline. Before she could even scream out, he began digging a small hole adjacent to where she had placed her clothes. When the hole seemed big enough, Drew mockingly took each piece of her clothing one by one and threw them into the sand pit. He was aware that May wouldn’t get out of the water until he was out of her view, so with that knowledge, he took all the time he needed to bury her clothes under the sand. “Good night May,” he snickered, dashing back into his sleeping bag. Drew was so tired from the night’s events that he drifted off into a dreamless sleep before May could make her way back. However, before falling asleep, he remembered thinking, She’s prettier than I thought…WAIT what’s wrong with me?

While Drew was peacefully resting, a cold and very disgruntled May made her way back to her sleeping bag. Glaring at the sleeping body, she smirked. Oh boy, will he regret this.

----------------------------

Yup! Reviews are appreciated, since I'm starting to feel like my style is getting stale. =/

I'll PM anyone who wants to know when I update...

*laughs* Oh Dear, Drew better watch out. This is gonna be good. May's revenge will be soon and swift, I can tell. I wonder what she'll do... So far I have to admit this is my favorite chapter, especially since I'm a fan of when characters play truth or dare. The results are always funny.

oh can I be on your PM list please?
    Part of Contestshipping Club

Blinkie by Umi_Mizuno
    and Part of Deviantart take a peek at my lil collection if you can Thanks! Go here- http://sakurarmarie.deviantart.com/

The Caption of the week has been brought to you By Me and The pic is from Naruto: Episode 101: I want to see! I want to know! I want to check! Kakashi-sensei's real face!

Naruto, Sasake and Sakura all at the same time: Are they really gonna destroy Pokemon my changing the original VA's?....

(Such funny faces)

Wow, it just gets better and better... this was hilarious! Some of Drew's lines just made me burst out in laughter. And what he did at the end... o_o; Can't wait to see how May gets her revenge for that. I think the whole truth or dare game was my favourite part. I honestly couldn't stop laughing.

I don't think your style is getting stale at all. To me, this was the best chapter yet. I can hardly wait for the next one. ^^

She continued to ponder and plan out her six months here in the Rilassante Region while at the same time watching the sun set.
    Instead of saying "here in the Rilassante Region", try either "there" or nothing at all. The here makes the sentence sort of awkward.
    As for the end...OMFG. XD Amazing, yet weird of Drew to do that. Too bad May couldn't make him do that dare. >.>;;;;

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Great story -wonders why I always say this when I read a contestshipping fic- xxxGreat Story! Anyway, love the part when May says 'He's going to regret this' I wonder what she's going to do with him? Hm... Maybe...push him into the sea? -starts to think other cruel things-

I'll PM anyone who wants to know when I update...
    Could I be on the PM list?
    Last edited by Stephy; 26th March 2006 at 2:45 PM.
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

Now THAT was pure hilarity. It's just like Drew to dare May to jump in the ocean naked and then bury her clothes. I thought you could've fit in a reference to May's incident with the Tentacool when she was a child, but it works fine without.

(Sick thought: Harley would probably challenge *Drew* to jump in the sea nude......)

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Ah, great chapter [act]!! So funny! So cute! So good! Reading all these other great fics is going to help me with my own! Heh, anyways, great job! I love the descriptions you used, and you're really good at making Drew stick to his character! I can't wait until the next act!

This is yet another great Contestshipping fic. I really like that ending- it really spices up the story! Great job, and keep it up! And if you're doing a PM list, can I be on it, please?

OMG. Drew better watch his back.. May's pissssssed.
    Wow. I am really interested with this story. The truth or dare scene was really funny. Drew, that fox hiding May's clothes. I can't wait for the next chapter!

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

It's been awhile since I've informed on the progress, I've started working on Act 4, and spring break is approaching so I guarantee you it will be up in two weeks! School is kicking my butt, as is an upcoming dance competition and a violin competition that I've been training to try to win for a longgg time. I havent had much time, but I promise you I've had the story completely thought out! It's just the writing that will take some time. It might even be out tonight, if I am on a writng frenzy tonight.

I must warn you though, some of you might hate the upcoming chapters, but its there for effect =/.

Yeah, I began reading this 2 hours ago and i really enjoyed the mix of mild humour, storylines and context of the story. Keep up the good work!
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Act 4!!! It's somewhat shorter than the rest, since the purpose of this is to introduce the subplot and new characters.

Act 4: Baila!

A Taillow called off in the distance as the sun sluggishly rose over the horizon. Warm rays stung Drew’s face as he slowly opened his eyes. That’s strange, why is the floor so hard? He thought to himself, still unaware of his surroundings. While he turned his head to the side, he thought he heard someone giggling…underneath him? To his shock, he realized he had been sleeping on a roof all night- not just any roof, but on top of the Pokemon Center. Fidgeting out of horror, he rolled off the roof, for there was a steep slant in the exact place he was laying down.

“MAY!!” Drew bellowed, untangling himself from his sleeping bag and half-stomping over to her “How the hell did you get me up there anyway??”

Wiping her eyes with her sleeve, she chuckled, “I asked Beautifly to lift you onto the roof- I thought it would be a nice half-payback for what you did to me last night.”

“What’s the other half then??” Drew had a cautious tone about him; for once he sounded a tad scared of May.

Holding up a flashy red poster, May squealed, “Dance classes!!! They’re giving free Salsa Classes! ANNDD you’re coming with me!”

“WHAT?! As your partner?!” Drew shuddered at the thought of having to dance- he may be real smooth in many ways, but he had never danced in his life. A voice inside of him screamed in fear, since May was the last person he wanted to risk embarrassing himself in front of.

May on the contrary, had had quite some experience dancing when she was younger- not salsa, but danced at a famous studio in Petalburg City. Feeling quite confident, she had signed both Drew and her up for the advanced class- they were the competitive group. Drew was so disgustingly talented at everything, May thought he should be able to handle dancing without a problem. “Perhaps, we’ll see at orientation, that’s when we pick our first partners” smirked May, it had felt so good for once to be the one patronizing.

“When is the class?” asked Drew, almost dreading the answer.

“ Classes start tomorrow, but there’s orientation tonight, so I think we should go to that,” informed May, making her way towards the Pokemon Center.

Drew wasn’t used to this feeling, having someone else be in command and of more knowledge of a subject than he. However, he vowed to try his hardest at the class, he might just make some improvement.
    ----------------------------Evening---------------------------

As May and Drew made their way into the vast orientation room, May gazed at the room with awe, it was humungous, slightly bigger than the Petalburg Gym. On one of the longer sides was a beautifully situated mirror, frighteningly tall that it reflected every corner of the room. The floor was made of brand new hardwood, slightly lighter than the hardwood typically used in homes, its quality incomparable. May almost couldn’t resist doing some turns and leaps that she hadn’t done in an unbearable amount of time. However, as she began slipping off her shoes to test the floor, a tall, skinny, and serious looking woman waltzed in with her partner, who looked quite timid and afraid of her. Upon seeing her, the rest of the tutelages gathered in a mass around her, anxious to see what she had to say- May and Drew had no choice but to do the same.

She began to speak in a cold, stern voice, seemingly commanding attention to even the dust bunnies hanging around underneath shelves. “I hope all of you are aware that you have signed up for the competitive Advanced Company Class. My name is Maria and I expect the utmost dedication and passion in this class, I tolerate NO nonsense. I’ve given you the privilege of choosing your own partners, free to change until a month before competition. Tonight’s orientation is merely for everyone to meet and be comfortable with each other, before the seriousness starts. The competition we are entering is free for all, not only limited to Salsa- they do have an Open Partner Category, however I must warn you, that is likely the most competitive category in the competition- only the most entertaining numbers enter. Enjoy yourselves tonight” concluded Maria, cutting her speech short. Waving her arm towards the rest of the room, she gestured a “you are dismissed” sign with her hand, before walking away- leaving the room to the dancers.

Silence was short-lived, as the mass of people began dispatching themselves, chattering away. May felt a light tap on her shoulder, and turned herself around; finding herself face to face with an unfamiliar boy, who looked about the same age as she. Unconsciously, May found herself admiring the unknown boy’s looks, as he had wonderfully balanced features, with almond-shaped eyes that sparkled with curiosity, and a genuine smile that seemed to have the ability to warm the emotions of even the coldest people. “Hey, I’m Joshua, who’re you?” he stuck out his hand warmly, welcoming May. Josh wore a baggy white shirt that hung two inches over his loose, comfortable fitting black sweatpants (he had sagged them perfectly, not too low, but not waist high either). Wrapped around his upper-forehead was a black patterned bandana, tied at the side- it accentuated his black, medium length spiked hair- just long enough so that he didn’t look bald. May took his hand, and noticed that Josh slightly blushed as they made contact.

May smiled, “My name’s May, nice to meet you”. It seemed the more she glanced at him, the more attractive Josh seemed to get- neither of them noticed that they had been holding hands for quite awhile, until May’s eyes wandered onto their hands. At the same time, they both withdrew, and May unwillingly blushed Gosh, he's cute.

As an attempt to end the awkward moment, Josh laughed, before asking, “ Would you be my partner for the competition? I swear I don’t have two left feet.”

For a split second, May’s emotions were at furious war, until it quickly ended as she beamed, and nodded. While their eyes made contact, neither of them could help but grin insanely.

From a distance away, Drew watched May and her partner. Feeling slightly down, he heard a female voice speak next to him, “Lost your partner?”. He looked to his right, and noticed a girl standing next to him, also watching May and Josh. Her layered hair partially covered her cheeks, stopping just above her small dainty unsmiling lips, which she had expertly applied with pink gloss. Amidst her healthy dark brown hair, semi-large hooped earrings glinted out at Drew’s eyes. As she turned also to face Drew, all he could say about her was that she was glamorous. She wore a cut off t-shirt that hugged her torso and complimented her also slightly baggy sweats. Taking a step closer to Drew, she also held out her hand as an introduction, “ I’m Jasmine, nice to meet you,” and as she noticed that Drew was somewhat “checking her out”, she turned slightly pink.

Accepting the handshake, Drew could smell the aroma of her perfume, discreetly wafting towards him- it was a light vanilla smell, and it reminded him of home. “I’m Drew”, he replied, confidently stepping back to end the handshake.

“I know you’re Drew, everyone does.You know, since the both of us don’t have partners, why don’t we just be partners?” her eyes sparkled as she gave Drew a sympathetic look.

“I don’t like her, if that’s what you mean. She was just the one who told me to come so I half expected her to ask me. But sure, I guess.” Drew answered quickly. “Do you know that guy?” Drew gestured towards Josh, who was now laughing with May- both of which looked like they were having a good time.

Jasmine chuckled to herself, although her eyes also showed slight disappointment, “Nah, I wish I did. I noticed him in the beginning of class, and I kind of hoped he would ask me. I’ve heard he’s a really nice guy though.”
    Drew felt himself sink a couple more inches, how much he had wished that Josh was a horrible person, so that at least he could comfort himself with that fact. However, the fact that he could feel that Jasmine was also dealing with a pang of disappointment alleviated his feelings.

May glanced over at Drew, and noticed him sitting next to another girl. Strangely enough, she felt a funny feeling wrapping around her stomach- a combination of guilt and jealousy. Pulling on Josh’s arm, she asked, “Let me introduce you to someone!” and skipped over to Drew. “Dreww!! Meet Josh! Josh! Meet Drew!” May beamed to no ends, she felt anxious to introduce Drew to her partner.

Jasmine and Drew stood up, as Drew shook hands with Josh. After May finished speaking, Drew introduced, “ May, meet Jasmine, my partner. Jasmine, this is May.”

Jasmine chortled, “Of course I know May as well. I do watch the Grand Festival you know. Hi Josh”

“Yeah me too,” added Josh, grinning, “I know you too Drew, that was some amazing stuff you did last year. Come to think of it, let’s go out and have dinner so we all can get to know each other better! Although, I can tell we are all going to get along great. Hello Jasmine.”

“Hey! There’s a really nice restaurant down a couple of blocks, why don’t we go eat there?” exclaimed Jasmine, clasping her hands together. The group made their way towards the restaurant, with Jasmine in the lead. Drew however, trailed slightly in the back, looking out away from the group, he hated this feeling of sadness. Yeah, we’ll get along..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast