Thread: My own Suggestion

Default My own Suggestion

What I suggest is we increase the number of PMs we can store. I am starting to think that 150 is not nearly enough. I think somewhere along the lines of 400-500 is good.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I think why it's not raised cause some people will never delete there PMs (mention me in qutoing this & i'll hurt you) So when they finally delete there
    pms they have to go through pages of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

Though I have playfully joked with my friends who are moderators about giving me their inbox capacity, 150 seems fine though, to be honest. That is why moderators get more capacity as their ranks raise.

Also, I think 400-500 is a bit too extreme. It may even be the normal moderator's capacity, or close to it. I forget.
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/1629qpx.jpg[/IMG]

150 PMs is perfectly fine; we certainly don't need any more. Remember that you can save any PMs that you so desire by downloading them to your computer. So, in effect, you can store as many PMs as your hard drive will hold.

Question resolved.

Heh, when I first joined we only got fifty. Just clear them out.

----------------------
    {Bishie} Shinichi Kudou {Twin} Shigeru-Kun {Pair} Edward Elric

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Goddess
    Heh, when I first joined we only got fifty. Just clear them out.
    Same here, I was constantly forgetting to clear them and it always took me a while to realize my inbox was full. :/

I currently have space for 900... XD I find it makes me lazy about deleting really old stuff, though.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

More PMs mean that more Serebii Joe has to pay for webspace, with a few thousand active people on here constantly that gets filled up that can eat quite a bit of server space.
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

Serebii increased the PM allotage for Mods because they get lots of PM's, and should they choose to save outgoing PMs too, then the Inbox will fill up very quickly when warning people. If you really want to keep PMs, then I suggest copying and pasting the content of several PM's, all into one then sending it to yourself (you can do that, just put your own username in).

Quote Originally Posted by AM2K
    I think why it's not raised cause some people will never delete there PMs (mention me in qutoing this & i'll hurt you) So when they finally delete there
    pms they have to go through pages of them
    I have but two words to say to you, but a picture speaks louder than a thousand words so:

[img]http://i2.*******.com/rhrbxt.jpg[/img]

harderbetterfasterstronger
    bishie furukawa nagisa
    code geass || breakout

Copy Paste a few messages and send to yourself. That easy. No questions asked

Interesting thing to note: There's a link on the PM page that lets you DL all private messages in XML, CSV, or text format. So you don't even have to copy and paste :D Of course, that saves ALL the messages, so if you only want to save a few but keep the rest in your PM box just in case...eh, it's still a convenient little shortcut.

As for the number of PMs you can store...I'm not the best person to ask about this, since I almost never use PMs(I currently have three sitting in my inbox, the newest of which is from October), but as said before, if you really want to keep them, save them to your computer. Look, the vBulletin people even included an easy way to download them! And it's not like they'll take up a lot of space as plain old .txt documents. :<
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    Interesting thing to note: There's a link on the PM page that lets you DL all private messages in XML, CSV, or text format. So you don't even have to copy and paste Of course, that saves ALL the messages, so if you only want to save a few but keep the rest in your PM box just in case...eh, it's still a convenient little shortcut.

As for the number of PMs you can store...I'm not the best person to ask about this, since I almost never use PMs(I currently have three sitting in my inbox, the newest of which is from October), but as said before, if you really want to keep them, save them to your computer. Look, the vBulletin people even included an easy way to download them! And it's not like they'll take up a lot of space as plain old .txt documents. :<
    Actually you can check the little check boxes of the ones you want, and down at the bottom, above the "Download all as...", there's a drop down menu with downloading choices.

150 is enough, keeping tooo much junk clogs the servers
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

200 would be nice, but, 150 will keep me quiet.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

150 is ok!

Thanks to Skiyomi for the banner!
    Thanks to GladeShadow for the userbar!

200 is too much, 100 is few, and it would be stupid if they increase it to 175.
    IMO 150 is fine.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

nathan11 Guest

it sould be the same if there is too much the compters will slower and slower
    but 150 is ok

Increasing the amount of allowed pm's would mean a hell of a lot larger bandwidth.

They're isn't anything wrong with it imo. May I remind you that you can delete them. I don't really care - 150 is a helluva lot imo.

Do what the above people said. Besides, it's not like you want to keep all of your PMs, does it?

Like Volteon mentioned, 100 is too little, and 200 is too much