Thread: Extraordinary Girl (Hoennshipping, PG)

Default Extraordinary Girl (Hoennshipping, PG)

Whoa, haven't posted a new fic in a while. o_o Missed me anyone? XD

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon or the song Extraordinary Girl by Green Day.

Extraordinary Girl

She cried herself to sleep, her sapphire blue eyes were red from the tears and the pink pillow was stained and soaked. She looked at the picture of a boy with bright green hair with eyes to match on her nightstand. She took it into her arms, hugging it to her chest, bittersweet tears increased and flooded her eyes, blinding her. “Why did you have to die, Drew?” She choked out.

She’s an extraordinary girl
    In an ordinary world
    And she can’t seem to get away

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A boy sighed, “Just get over him, May…” Brendan Birch muttered thinking about that girl, who used to smile so brightly. That all changed ever since her boyfriend, Drew AKA his rival for her heart, died in a car crash. He was half-happy since the guy who won in the race for the girl is gone, and the other half was just sad, since his death was her grief.

He remembered… how his heart twisted so painfully every time she was laughing with his, his disgusting arm around her waist, and the kisses they shared… Oh, how he wished it was him in that guy’s place, to be the one kissing her instead of him. He scowled and buried his face in the pillow, why couldn’t he have confessed to her before him? “Stupid Brendan…” he grumbled. He hated how his mind would lose control and the words he wanted to say would just slip away, his courage along with it.

He lacks the courage in his mind
    Like a child left behind
    Like a pet left in the rain

All he could do is watch them… together, his love and a guy that’s not himself. He felt himself being left behind, as May’s forgotten best friend. Since he died, all May could do was give him and everyone else a fake smile that everyone fell for while he saw through it. He knew what she’s going through. Brendan would climb the branch of the tree in front of her window at night, silently watching her cry herself to a slumber.

It didn’t help that her parents were dead from a deadly sickness but now the man she loved with all her heart. She’s alone, except for her Pokemon not even them could put back together the torn pieces of heart.

She’s all alone again
    Wiping the tears from her eyes
    Some days he feels like dying
    She gets so sick of crying

She never knew that her best friend was also hurting, wanting to die from seeing May cry.

The next day, she groggily got up from bed, getting dress and looked at herself in the life-sized mirror. She sighed, Wonder if anyone will buy this painting of the broken-hearted girl on eBay?

She sees the mirror of herself
    An image she wants to sell
    To anyone willing to buy

“Good morning, May!” Brendan greeted at the front door, with hopes to be able to cheer her up. She gave him the usual weak smile, which made his heart sink but he tried not to show that.

“Hello, Brendan.” He sighed and sat down on the wooden bench. She sat down next to him, “What’s wrong?”

“May, please get over him,” he said, looking at her in the eyes with his sorrowful crimson orbs. She gasped.

“Wh-What do you mean…?”

“You know what I mean. Drew.” He looked at her with pleading eyes, “Please cheer up, I don’t want you to feel this way forever.” She looked down.

“You don’t know how hard it is…” she murmured, feeling the tears come back. He tucked his hand under her chin, making her look at him only to be captured in a soft kiss. She was shocked but slowly… she gave in, her thoughts about What’s-His-Name died away.

He steals the image in her kiss
    From her heart’s apocalypse
    From the one called whatsername

Weeks have past after the kiss on the bench, they couldn’t face each other. May always seemed to avoid him, her steps in the hallways at school quickened when he was around. Every time he tried to call her on the phone, no one would answer. When he climbed the tree in front of her house, the windows were always covered by the curtains. He almost gave up hope, he couldn’t get any sleep, he couldn’t think, life’s a nightmare…

She’s all alone again
    Wiping the tears from her eyes.

Until one day, something happened that he thought would be a dream… a note appeared on his desk at school.

Meet me at the tree, okay?

She’s all alone again
    Wiping the tears from her eyes
    Some days it’s not worth trying
    Now that they both are finding

He knew. The tree that they would always go to when they were little and wanted to play. He smiled at the memories on the way there after school. Brendan arrived only to find… nothing. He sighed, “I knew it was too good to be true…”

“What is?” A soft voice asked from behind. He quickly turned around to face those sapphire eyes he wanted to see so much.

“May…?” he gasped out. She gave a small smile, and it wasn’t the one that was her disguise.

“The one and only.” Brendan smiled for the first time in weeks and quickly enveloped her in an embrace. She didn’t say anything.

“I wanted to see you so much…” he murmured in her soft brown hair.

“I did too…” She whispered. He pulled away and looked into her orbs even more.

“Then why did you avoid me?” he said with a pained voice.

“I just needed some time to think,” she replied, her smile widened. “Is there anyway I can make it up to you?”

“I dunno…” She grinned.

“Will this do?” She bent forward and met her lips with his. Silence surrounded them just like the gentle wind, the new lovers lost in their own world with a faint mutter from Brendan.

“Yup.”

She’s an extraordinary girl
    an extraordinary girl
    an extraordinary girl
    an extraordinary girl.

The End

Please comment on how to make this better. >< Contestshipper/Drew fans, don't flame me.
    Last edited by hikari_blaze; 16th March 2006 at 9:53 PM.

LiveJournal
    Proudly claimed Barrett x Dorothy (Rune Factory 2)

Nice fic and trhat's coming from someone whom isn't even near a Hoenshipping fan. I hope to see more of your work in the near future.
    Coming soon:Pokemon Legends a fan series by ME
    Proud member ofthe hikari fan club(V.2)
    also a member of:
    The bug pokemon club
    The kanto starters club
    The bikini moments club(version 2).
    The may fan club

Very good. But brendan needs to learn how to get a girl. I also support hoennshipping and i like it even more. there are vey few of those around. This is a good fic. Are you going to continue it? you should.

I don't really plan on a new one......

LiveJournal
    Proudly claimed Barrett x Dorothy (Rune Factory 2)

That was a great fanfic. Love it ^^

That was a great fanfic. Love it ^^

Smile

This story is sooo cute. I like how you used the song as your story baseline! OMG! Sorry this comment is very indescriptive, but i'm braindead! SOZ! Anyways, cute fic and I"ll be sure to read more of your otha ones!

Keep Smiling!

Aww, that was really cute. Even if I don't support Hoennshipping, you did a nice job with combining the song with this one-shot.

9/10 from me, can't wait to see if you write a longer fan-fiction! =D

I always liked Hoennshipping, ever since I discovered Breezy's fanfic, "The Hoenn League: A Brendan and May Adventure". Good job combining the song with the story. 11/10