Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Jynx & A Baby! (445)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Is it just me, or has Haruka turned into the new glutton of the group (she has, quite often, led them to restaurants she heard of), where as in the past, Satoshi would always be the one with a rumbling stomach?
    I have to agree, has Ash even shown his love of eating/food at all lately? Usually in anime its typical of the leading shonen or shoujo character to always be hungry and eat a lot (hence Ash and May throughout the series), although nowadays Ash controls his stomach, while May wants to eat everything everywhere. (Remember how in the fighting dojo episode, May decided to battle Ash just so she could eat the ramen noodles at the end?)

[Anticipates Cyber to make some comment on where it all goes.]
    A girl's gotta eat to keep up that fabulous figure, no doubt. I have noticed, in recent episodes, that the writers are drawing more attention to May's backside:

Yes the fanny pack is blocking the view but you can see how extended it is from her back. So now the writers have focused on her other curves eh? Not that I'm complaining, really.

Hey guys, check out which city they decided to rip off this week! 8D

Eh, aside from that, not a bad episode really. Certainly better than I had expected simply from the previews. I always enjoy the Rocket-dan centered eps. And I loved their costumes. XD

Also, having now seen what you guys were talking about, I take back my "green psychic wtf-ing", as that was actually consistant with how the flashbacks were done way back in the Christmas special.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    You can even see May's boobs from a back shot now? 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Well, they're not saying that it's a totally different town, are they? I personally like the fact that Ash and Co. are re-visiting old locations. If only the continuity was acknowledged in dialogue or narrative form...

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken.
    Well, they're not saying that it's a totally different town, are they?
    Yeah, and it's not as if that city was used for anything more than letting Tattsuu swim in the fountain, so far as I recall at least. Just a random rest-stop location no one could give a damn about.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken.
    Well, they're not saying that it's a totally different town, are they? I personally like the fact that Ash and Co. are re-visiting old locations. If only the continuity was acknowledged in dialogue or narrative form...
    The fact that they even do this disproves any arguments that the writers and animators forget things. >_> If they can bring back OLD as hell locations or background characters, then surely their memories are better than what most claim they are. At least we can say it's better than 4Kids' memory. :P

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

It's not the location this time so much as the principle of the whole thing. They're making it blatantly obvious that they do, in fact, remember the original Kanto, even that obscure location, which as you said, no one would give a damn about.

Why then, do they do nothing else related to the first season? Did they really think we would be content with some random backgrounds they ripped from old episodes? "There's your Kanto! See, they're in it!"? That's what gets me. I couldn't care less about that little park. It's the fact that they give us crap like this when I'm hungry for real material.
    ~

Hmm, I swear Brock mentioned the town at the beginning, anyone catch the name? What town is the Battle Tower near?

This episode doesn't look very good to me.It seems that Ash and his friends helped Jynx to rescue Smoochum.And at last that Smoochum evolved into Jynx.No important events here.I'd give it a 4/10.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Yeah, and it's not as if that city was used for anything more than letting Tattsuu swim in the fountain, so far as I recall at least. Just a random rest-stop location no one could give a damn about.
    Are you sure about that? I could've sworn they said that they were in Viridian City, in the dub at least :/

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu146
    This episode doesn't look very good to me.It seems that Ash and his friends helped Jynx to rescue Smoochum.And at last that Smoochum evolved into Jynx.No important events here.I'd give it a 4/10.
    WaitWait...did you actually see the episode? Because "doesn't look very good" implies that you're simply judging from the pictures. Granted, the actual episode in motion isn't that fantastic, but it's more than simply Ash rescuing a Pokemon in peril.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Are you sure about that? I could've sworn they said that they were in Viridian City, in the dub at least :/
    You sure the dub didn't say they were en route to Viridian City? Anyway, if they really were in Tokiwa City, don't you think Satoshi would've challenged the gym right then and there? Geographically, I'm pretty sure Tokiwa City and Hanada City are very close to eachother, but the only way going to Hanada first makes sense is if they were in some town that's somewhat between both locations. Rather than some rather senseless backtracking (honestly, how vital is it that Tattsuu have a body of water to swim in? Monster Balls were invented for the purpose of carrying creatures around in virtually any environment a human is capable of going through... or did Kasumi suddenly forget this? You do gotta wonder why the hell she let Tattsuu rest on her shoulder about an episode prior to that.... come to think of it, that was while they were transversing an ocean... pff, no body of water to exercise in my a**), they'd go to one place first, then go to the other place, which is desirable because the latter is closer to Masara Town, where Satoshi intended to go when he finished collecting badges.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I... hate... Jynx. And there's three of them, so it makes it worse. What? there's four att he end? Great... just great.

Well, at least the Secret Organization of Politically Correct Hippies (SOPH for the rest of you) probably won't ban this episode since they took out most of Jynx's politically incorrectness.

I would've liked it if soemone caught the Smoochum, or it not evolving at least. Curse you, Jynx! Curse you!!!

^Mine^

Wait! I want too see this episode. where did you see it?

We'd tell you, but then we'd have to kill you. ;\

You're not allowed to ask.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Jynx and Smoochum filler. Sounds pretty dull to me. Glad it'll probably not air on Kids WB.

sounds dumb, but it looks like a good episode
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    sounds dumb, but it looks like a good episode
    It was... okay, it was weird how it all went together near the end and seemed to be animated a bit differently, better though. Average filler though, the next ep should be better.

End of post.

You sure the dub didn't say they were en route to Viridian City? Anyway, if they really were in Tokiwa City, don't you think Satoshi would've challenged the gym right then and there? Geographically, I'm pretty sure Tokiwa City and Hanada City are very close to eachother, but the only way going to Hanada first makes sense is if they were in some town that's somewhat between both locations. Rather than some rather senseless backtracking (honestly, how vital is it that Tattsuu have a body of water to swim in? Monster Balls were invented for the purpose of carrying creatures around in virtually any environment a human is capable of going through... or did Kasumi suddenly forget this? You do gotta wonder why the hell she let Tattsuu rest on her shoulder about an episode prior to that.... come to think of it, that was while they were transversing an ocean... pff, no body of water to exercise in my a**), they'd go to one place first, then go to the other place, which is desirable because the latter is closer to Masara Town, where Satoshi intended to go when he finished collecting badges.
    Unless my japanese is really off, the original episode, and probably the dub as well, said the group was en route to Tokiwa.

Since I'm posting in this thread anyway, I might as well post my thoughs on this episode:

Jesus, Satoshi, you're the king of double standards, aren't you? Muchul didn't have any objections about going with the Rockets, and no matter what those overprotective Rougela felt about it, people "catching" wild pokemon the same damn way he has done before is something he could stay out of for once. Catching wild pokemon is what people do in this world.
    The Rougela were in the wrong by attacking a nearby city because their fellow pokemon willingly went with a couple of trainers who didn't even know of the Rougela sisters' existense. Stopping the three pokemon would be the right thing to do, not trying to get Mucul back. Again, catching pokemon is what people do in this world, and it's not like the Rockets were doing it by unethical means this time. They simply stumbled upon a pokemon they wanted, and the pokemon didn't have any objections going with them. We've seen a lot of pokemon being caught in the exact same fashion during the show.
    Nope, didn't like the episode.

Jesus, Satoshi, you're the king of double standards, aren't you? Muchul didn't have any objections about going with the Rockets, and no matter what those overprotective Rougela felt about it, people "catching" wild pokemon the same damn way he has done before is something he could stay out of for once. Catching wild pokemon is what people do in this world.
    The Rougela were in the wrong by attacking a nearby city because their fellow pokemon willingly went with a couple of trainers who didn't even know of the Rougela sisters' existense. Stopping the three pokemon would be the right thing to do, not trying to get Mucul back. Again, catching pokemon is what people do in this world, and it's not like the Rockets were doing it by unethical means this time. They simply stumbled upon a pokemon they wanted, and the pokemon didn't have any objections going with them. We've seen a lot of pokemon being caught in the exact same fashion during the show.
    It depends on your definition of caught. Smoochum ate the riceball and then TR just picked it up and took it away. Thats not exactly catching. If TR were to have caught it in the pokeball or if Smoohum willingly went with them. Also although TR got it fair and square they have been known to have tried to catch things fair and square and the anime make it seem like they did something wrong. The anime also wanted to portray they were a big happy family and of course no one can seperate each other from their family. Remember when TR traded victreebell for Weepinbell and they had it use sweet scent and they tried to get elekid but Ash and co. attacked them because Casey wanted to catch it. That was even more unfair for TR.

Anyway I thought this episode was funny and quite good. I noticed on these epi discussions lately people have just said oh it was just a filler and automatically class it as crud. I liked the bonsly & manene filler and this filler but not the city one but I'm reading people just in general say it was bad because it was a filler.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    What amazes me is that just by seeing this episode's scene, it raised a flag in your memory telling you :"Hmmm I've seen this city before" and then you actually find an image to prove your souvenir right !!! I'm not sure wether to admire your memory or deplore your excess of free time

This episode looks interesting. Firstly, Ash and his friends walk and saw a Smoochum and May decides to touch it but suddenly Jynx appears and use Blizzard at May. So as Ash and Pikachu, but they have been freezed and they turned into popiscle. Secondly, Team Rocket take Smoochum with them. Secondly, Ash and the others, the Jynx sisters came in just in time to get Smoochum from Jessie. But James and Meowth came and take Jessie in the balloon. But Ash have a idea, he sends Swellow to use Aerial Ace to break the machine arms and drop Smoochum down. Brock, May and Max came to catch it. But Smoochum jumps on their body. The Jynx sisters use their Ice Beam to freeze Team Rocket and their balloon and Pikachu finishes them off with Thunder. Smoochum kissed Ash and then Smoochum begins to glow and evolve into Jynx.
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 25th March 2006 at 9:40 AM.

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

nice to see Pikachu getting forzen in the begining.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Nice episode, I noticed that woboffet(sp.) wasn't in this episode.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

I didn't like it too much, it would have been a good opportunity to add a new member to Jessie's team. If we didn't already have Manene as the cutie of TR, I would say definitely let Jessie catch Smoochum.
    Of course I love pelippers! !

*scrolls back some pages*

So Heracross was complaining that they reused some background, who knew that back here that would be the least of the things they rehashed in recenet years.

One of those Jynx had a screwed up voice. The other two sounded like normal Jynx. Heh, after watching this episode you never would have thought Jynx was such a controversial Pokemon that they actually banned some episodes just because Jynx was in it.

I remember when KidsWb delayed May's final Hoenn Contest just because her coordinator rival used a Jynx. They played that Contest AFTER the Grand Festival, which ended up confusing most people as to where May got her 5th ribbon from and why she went back to a Contest after the GF. Lol, idiots. Thank god Cartoon Network isn't as crazy with Jynx as KidsWb was.

Dammit, May's Combusken should have fried those Jynx. Anyone notice PUSA tends to make Ash say really nice things to May now? At the sunset scene when May says she's hungry, you'll see what I mean.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast