Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Jynx & A Baby! (445)

As I recall this is the second appearance of Jynx in purple.

Back on topic, I haven't seen either version of this episode yet (I did see its neighboring episodes in Japanese though) and I have to say it's nice to see that the ban on Jynx has been lifted. I'm assuming Jynx keeps its archived voices from back in its appearances in its older color.

Also, if you've checked Pocketmonsters.net, when you hover over this episode title, a caption appeared reading, "Woot, a Jynx. Another banned episode?" (may not be the exact words, but it should be close) LOL! I don't know if the sites up right now though, but I thought it was funny.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

If the ban was really gone, we'd see black Jynx again.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

I thought this episode sucked. Wasn't there a debate going on as to why the twerps were trying to stop Jesse from getting Smoochum? From what I could tell, the Jynx and Smoochum weren't owned by anyone.

Thank god, the BF saga didn't have many fillers.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Oy, oy, oy! *Medea gets sued by Al Franken*

Okay, as much as I love Jynx and it is one of my favorites. I did not like their new voices, and I thought this was a rather boring filler. Now there were some funny lines that were pretty damn hilarious. Like when Jessie said she wishes she would where something longer.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

This episode was good. There was a few parts I found to be funny. When TR fought over the rice ball and Meowth getting hit by Ice Beam. TR getting blasted off while still frozen was hilarious.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Did one of the Jynx sound like a dying kitten? That must've been the elderly woman Jynx.

Anywho, when Smoochum evolved, I half-expected Ash, May, or Brock to say "What the hell, is it a dwarf Jynx?" It look really small compared to the other Jynx.

~*~Made by Me~*~

i think the highlight of this episode was the part when Jessie said that the snack was a "rice ball", shows that PUSA isn't afraid to to say "hey it's japanese food, it's there cause it's a japanese show" unlike the former dubbing staff who would have tried telling us it's a sandwitch or a cookie!

Only ONE Jynx sounded good..

One Sounded like a "dying kitten"
    The evolved Smoochum sounded too deep.
    I didn't even hear what the last one sounded like..
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    i think the highlight of this episode was the part when Jessie said that the snack was a "rice ball", shows that PUSA isn't afraid to to say "hey it's japanese food, it's there cause it's a japanese show" unlike the former dubbing staff who would have tried telling us it's a sandwitch or a cookie!
    Yes because having "riceball" and "ramen" said in the anime is much better than having the talent that's been around for 8+ years.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Lay off, jak. That comment clearly had nothing to do with the voice actors.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm not sure about this episode. It was great to see smoochum's voice sounds pretty much the same as the old days, since I love its voice , but the three jynx weren't as great. It's a nice touch that they made each sound unique, and one actually sounded like the old jynx, but that one sounded more like Mr. Mime or something. I do love Mr. Mime, but that just sounded... wrong.

The part I liked best was Jessie's attempted escape with smoochum up the ladder. At least it was something different from Team Rocket's usual escape attempts, it actually worked for a while (yay!), and it created a great amount of suspense. At least Jessie got out of it okay by James and Meowth coming to the rescue. Smoochum joining in the dancing was cute too. The part with Mime Jr. and Meowth running out dressed as smoochum was LOL hilarious. At least Meowth is play-acting his size this time, unlike when he did Jessie earlier in the season.

Overall, though, it wasn't one of the classics. It just didn't catch my interest apart from Team Rocket and smoochum. 7/10 for me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

acually, for the record, I think two of them keep their archived voices, each with two different pitches. If you watch the scene carefully where Mime Jr. and Meowth are being chased, you'll hear what I mean. Lol at James saying he doesn't want his Mime Jr. to be a Sudosmoochum.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

This was an ok episode. I really was getting annoyed with the bits were Jessie seemed like one of those girls who just didnt get that she was not ment to have that smoochum! Its like she is really stupid or something! lol... But other than that, it was an ok episode even though when Ash was falling down the ladder it took about a minute and it seemed like he was only about 20seconds up the ladder lol... 6.5/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    Only ONE Jynx sounded good..

One Sounded like a "dying kitten"
    The evolved Smoochum sounded too deep.
    I didn't even hear what the last one sounded like..
    I agree with you completely. I mean only one of the Jynx actually sounded good, the others were somewhat disappointing. When i first heard it I had to rewind the Tivo. I was quite let down with this episode, as I am with every other Battle Frontier episodes. The series is really falling down hill these days. 5/10

((thanks to mange 2000lbs, freaking sweet))

(much thanks to once in a blue mew)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    when Ash was falling down the ladder it took about a minute and it seemed like he was only about 20seconds up the ladder lol...
    That would be what's known as dramatic license. It's not the first time we've seen it.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This is one of my least favourite episodes
    Team Rocket near actually did anything wrong during the course of the episode. They 'capured' a wild pokemon, but the Jynx just got stressed about it. Jessie never planned to do any harm to Smoochum. A the end when their ballon got blown up, that was wrong as TR didn't have Smoochum or Pikachu, Ash was just showing his violent side; I mean it was as though he was doing it the get them caught by Officer Jenny!

I liked this episode, mostly because it contains Jynx, one of my fave Pokémon!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Dang, what is it with Jessie and Smoochum? First this, then the summer school arc...

Hehehe, I loved the part when Ash & Pikachu got turned to snow by the Jynx XDDD Forgot I was watching TV, there... and then poor Pika got frozen... those Jynxes get mad really fast. (lol frozen Magikarp in the air... )

Cute filler ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

whew, this episode made jynx look really fat ._.

Power
    The
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
    I Have Power
    PLATINUM FC: 3480 8759 5501

Ash and Jessie risked their lives for a Smoochum!Cool!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Yeah, this was a great episode in my opinion. The Jynx' voices were fine for me and Smoochum was so adorable!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Meh pretty much recycled plot. But Jynx is a rare site, in the anime, so it sure was a treat to me.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Okay episode. Smoochum's as great as ever, is Jessie ever going to get a Smoochum though? They've hinted at it a bit, so I don't know. Nice to see Jynx returning, I didn't like the "twerps" treatment of Team Rocket in this episode though.

this was a funny episode i really liked it:P
    too bad that jynx arn't seen much in episodes.

It was an nice episode, i dont like Jynx that much but it was worth watching
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast