Thread: Last pokemon game for GBA?

pikachu_rocks19 Guest

Default Last pokemon game for GBA?

Is pokemon myterious dungeon red gonna be the last pokemon game for the GBA? If so i should get the DS pretty soon

Mysterious Dungeoun Red is the was the last game to be annouced for the GBA.
    Since there is already Trozei, MD Blue, Ranger and D/P scheduled for the D/S i guess it will be.
    Last edited by Bonsly is pimp; 22nd March 2006 at 10:16 PM.
    Pokemon count: 2 sets of all 386 pokemon, 60 female spindas, 60 male spindas, 28 unowns, 60 in my Dark Army, 27 shinies, and 302 extras
    Friend Code: 1633 1557 5221

It's possible, but recall how Nintendo said they didn't plan to retire the GBA just yet. We'll only be sure we've seen the last Pokémon game for the GBA once the GBA's "true successor" hits the market.
    Shiny Lovers ClubChristian Alliance

PkMn Pearl: 4468 0773 8281 • MKDS: 356611 325184 • Puzzle League: 429641 119596
    Red Shinies: 4/15 ∗ Shiny Cover Legendaries: 2/8 ∗ Shiny Grass Starters: 1/4

None of my shinies are for trade unless I mention otherwise.

It might be because just like Metal Mario said " Nintendo might not retire the GBA yet" so that may be it or because they are making so many new Consels and they might make more for those than the GBA!( Like DS Possibley the PSP?) I don't know? I'm just thinking!

~NarutoUzumaki94
    bye i'm leaving.
    want to contact me?
    add my msn aar.brandon @ hotmail . com
    tell people i'm gone,
    i probably wont come back (:

I don't think there're gonna be a new pokemon game besides MD red for the GBA so yeh i think MD red is the last pokemon game for the GBA
    Rarely coming here now.. so just chat with me on MSN/Smogon

ya i herd that this was the last pokemon game for gba that makes me mad

I doubt it. I still believe there will be a Yellow version but thats just me.
    4081-6029-3272

Even if they don't make anymore games for the GBA, I doubt that anyone will buy them because they would need to buy the platform so I don't know if they would make anymore GBA games.

~NarutoUzumaki94
    bye i'm leaving.
    want to contact me?
    add my msn aar.brandon @ hotmail . com
    tell people i'm gone,
    i probably wont come back (:

It may be the last Pokemon game for the GBA, but that isn't the only market Nintendo has XD There's plenty of companies and game series that could still make GBA games. It just seems that the DS can use the same graphics, and add more features/space, so they may just go with the flow.
    3DS FC: 1478 3794 0567
    PM me if you add me, so that I can add you back.

I have a feeling that Nintendo wants to retire the GBA and GCN in sync. Mysterious Dungeon had a problem that forced the DS Version to be recalled by the hundreds in Japan. Most likely, but "PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!" *runs off and bashes head against the wall*
    Shinies:
    Taillow: (12/18/05)

CLICK HERE!http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=speedyswoosh

I think this possibly could be the last pokemon game for the gba, but you can never really know these things for certain. In my opinion, this should be the last one for gba.

I think they should have a remake of pokemon yellow, titled Pokmeon Electric Yellow.
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia

Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

It's looking really likely. A few of the games don't really have a reason to be on the DS and could easily be on the GBA since they don't even use the maximum space advantage or any of the extras, and stay in 32-bit graphics, but there they are on the DS. Why? Probably because people are more inclined to buy a DS game than a GBA game now, since it's shinier and fresher and whatnot.

A few games are coming out for GBA still, either really obscure games Nintendo knows the fans would buy no matter what system, or small companies too lazy to DS it up.

But then, I'm bitter against the DS. Eh. What I'm figuring is that we probably won't see any more PKMN games for GBA, simply because they wouldn't make anything post D/P for it, and Japan is anticipating D/P right now, not another GBA game with more Third Gen reappearances.

Yeah, I think it is
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/iz99n8.png[/IMG]

I doubt Nintendo would ditch GBA that quickly. Pokemon's always been centered around the GBA platform, no matter how many copies of Channel, XD, Box, Colosseum, etc. Even though DS can play GBA games, do you really think a lot of kids would be able to get a new console just for the game? -shrugs- I just don't think they would leave GBA this soon...it's a good game idea, to have a portable RPG to play~

離開是為了回來 & lj & icons
    Sumner Sturgeon love the siblings Kana

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia
    I doubt Nintendo would ditch GBA that quickly. Pokemon's always been centered around the GBA platform, no matter how many copies of Channel, XD, Box, Colosseum, etc. Even though DS can play GBA games, do you really think a lot of kids would be able to get a new console just for the game? -shrugs- I just don't think they would leave GBA this soon...it's a good game idea, to have a portable RPG to play~
    Yes - that's why the next true successor to the Pokémon RPG line is coming for DS.

End of post.

They will continue with the DS, thats what I, the handheld master, think.
    So yes, it is the last Pokemon GBA game.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2qn42l1.jpg[/IMG]
    [Credits to Saffire Persian for this banner!]

If you want to build an argument, do not make life easier by pulling some invisible "trump cards". You need to account for exactly how it is that fans can be expected to move from the Game Boy Advance onto the Nintendo DS, when it is not necessarily a wise technological move (unlike the transition from the Game Boy Color to the Game Boy Advance). You would be surprised to know how critical this issue is in Nintendo's eyes.

In this thread, I discuss Diamond and Pearl's delay and propose the release of a third game to FireRed and LeafGreen. The following has been extracted from one of my posts:

The Game Boy Advance succeeded the Game Boy Color; the Nintendo DS is still considered a third pillar. Furthermore, Nintendo did not have to face competition in the handheld field at that time, but no longer is that the case. I am sure you can agree that Nintendo's interest in releasing Diamond and Pearl is reinforcing the Nintendo DS line as a substitute for the Game Boy line; even non-Pokémon gamers hold this belief. While the notion is valid, it should be asked how simple it will be in practice.
    I must stress that Gold and Silver were compatible with the original Game Boy. Players without a Game Boy Color were slowly motivated to purchase one, realizing there was more to be had. Diamond and Pearl will not be compatible with the Game Boy Advance, nor are the spin-off games. A proper transition would be in the form of a bridge from the Game Boy Advance to the Nintendo DS - a game utilizing both. If the third game were designated for the Game Boy Advance in name, but required the Nintendo DS for fully enjoying it (Wi-Fi), players would have the most practical rationale to purchase the system.