Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking A Good Game! (446)

Default Talking A Good Game! (446)

Talking A Good Game!

Ash is finally at the Battle Tower, wanting his 6th Battle Frontier victory. However he gets chased off by a pack of Wild Beedrill and ends up meeting up with Anabel. Ash eagerly challenges Anabel to a battle, but with Anabel having strong Psychic Pokémon...Ash faces his toughest match yet.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I know a few things for sure:

-Ash uses Tauros, Pikachu, and Corphish

-Anabel uses Metagross and Alakazam

-Ash loses (YAY!)
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

As if we didnt already know those things Pikachu.

From what I heard, Alakazam beats Corphish and Tauros, Pikachu beats Alakazam and loses to Metagross. Supposedly Anabel's other Pokemon...is Espeon..

Espeon >_>. Thats not shown that often but Gardevoir would've been a better choice. And of course poor Tauros doesn't get any glory with a victory.

I really hope she really does have Espeon. It will make me very happy even though her Snorlax will probably be never shown.

And it's a great thing that Anabel totally pwned Ash. This is great episode material. I also want Espeon to KO at least one of Ash' pokemon in the next episode, if she has an Espeon.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Her Espeon is better than another Snorlax thats for sure.

Poor Tauros got the shaft. I guess romping around and destroying Oak's fences doesn't have as much of an impact. Then Corphish got frakked as well. And of course Pikachu is the only one to get a victory before he too is flattened. It's great to see Ash isn't immortal in the Battle Frontier but this battle could have been better.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

...Espeon?

Damn Eevee Evolution. And we're going to be seeing it again much sooner, considering that Lillian has one and the dub of the Saffron Contest is coming up. :< Another pathetically wasted chance with a Pokemon that's been seen plenty of times before.

Gardevoir seriously would have been the perfect choice. I mean... she even has kinda the same hair style as Anabel. o_o

Now let's hope Brandon has Gardevoir...until the time comes and its shafted again!

Either that or have May face one in a Contest already, sheesh.

I think Ash is going to be using the same Pokemon in the rematch as this ep, so Tauros may get some time to shine in the next ep.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Gardevoir seriously would have been the perfect choice. I mean... she even has kinda the same hair style as Anabel. o_o
    LOL. I agree. It's shafted a lot, and doesn't get any good eps.

Anyway, poor Tauros loses? It never wins huge matches! Oh well. After Pokemon The First Movie, you know what to expect after Mewtwo beat up the Tauros herd. Anyway, Pikachu wins too much. Losing to Metagross is good for it.
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

Lots of people were saying Espeon would be a good choice for her team. Now that it appears she *does* have one, the whining about Gardevoir returns.

Sigh.......

At least she completely OWNED Ash like I had hoped. He never had a chance. Hopefully it doesn't get reversed in Ash vs. Anabel Part Two and we get a good, competitive battle straight through. The Tucker battle is a good example.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 1)
    Next: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 2)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Lots of people were saying Espeon would be a good choice for her team. Now that it appears she *does* have one, the whining about Gardevoir returns.
    Not that many people said that was a good idea. Espeon is showcased quite alot and we know what its capable of. The majority werent for the idea. If May's eevee evolves to espeon ill just shoot myself on the spot. I'm sorry im tired of seeing espeon especially after just seeing it with lilian and we can still see it with lillian if the writers decided to.

Yeah agreed GhostMaster. I wanted Gardevoir most and if not then Xatu the cooler less showcased Johto psychic.

Yeah xatu would've been good all the damn johto pokemon have been neglected especially a pokemon called uhhh whats the name DUNSPARCE.

The writers favor Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon. Johto Pokes are lucky if they get screentime nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Poor Tauros got the shaft. I guess romping around and destroying Oak's fences doesn't have as much of an impact.
    From what I understand, fences don't yield too many experience points. Seriously though, when you think about it tauros is one of Ash's least experienced pokemon... it'd be awesome if he kept it on his team for a while.

I wonder if Anabel will use any different pokemon in the upcoming re-match...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I hope she does... I'm not much of a fan of any of the pokemon Ash used in this battle.
    MY BELIEFS
    - Globalization is a force for good. Saying that it is cultural imperialism is pure exaggeration. And yes, globalization does help poor and developing countries.
    - The Japanese prime minister should stop visiting the Yasukuni Shrine NOW.
    - Multinational corporations are heavily underrated. They truly deserve more love.
    - There is no god.

She won't.

Great ep, Anabel turned out to be a telepath who can talk to Pokemon, and she uses that ability in battle. Gonna be interesting to see how Ash manages to overcome this.

I liked the introductory scene where she calmed that Gyarados and helped it, reminds me of Bruno when he did the same thing with that giant Onix...except without the telepathy.

Can someone tell us what Pikachu was saying to Anabel when she had it on her lap? That was such a cute scene.
    Last edited by Geodude; 24th March 2006 at 12:06 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    The writers favor Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon. Johto Pokes are lucky if they get screentime nowadays.
    Well we're getting a Sudowoodo episode coming up, be thankful for that.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Anabel turned out to be a telepath who can talk to Pokemon, and she uses that ability in battle.
    a telepath, kinda of reminds me of Sabrina. Althougth an Espeon is a good pokemon for her I would still like Gardevoir

Pokémon X Team

Sabrina was a telekentic. At last we have another psionically inclined character. It's been what, eight years?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I knew I'd like this episode since it had my favorite brain, but I never expected to enjoy the battle!

For so long the gym/brain battles have come off as uninteresting to me, but this one I really liked. Just seeing Satoshi's pokemon getting knocked down again and again...kinda nice. The only thing that made me mad was Satoshi throwing himself into the wall like that. I understand it was done to show how close they are and junk, but had he not done that, I think it's pretty safe to say Pikachu would have been finished off there. Satoshi doing that almost seemed like a cheap way of writers keeping Pikachu in the battle.

Despite that though, I still loved the battle. I also loved watching Lila talk to Pikachu. It was so cute. ^^

I think the only thing that kinda bugged about this episode was that wonderful Gyarados error. Looks like someone gave it lipstick. xD
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

I really like this episode. I know Ash is facing off against the Battle Tower leader: Anabel. Anabel is using her Metagross and Alakazam. Ash will be using his Tauros, Pikachu and Corphish. I know Ash is going to lose this one. Because it is his toughest match ever. Maybe the next episode he practices with his Pokemons and then prepare for a re-match with Anabel. I know Anabel's 3rd Pokemon is Espeon.
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 24th March 2006 at 2:31 PM.

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

...People aren't stupid. No one is going to go "WOW ESPEON, PERFECT CHOICE." and then when it's revealed to be Gardevoir go "EEVEELUTIONS?!SUX SEEN SO MUCH... GARDEVOIR BETTR."

I wonder who's gonna beat Metagross. It always seems to me like the anime likes for it to take 2-3 pokemon to take down one of it's level of power...
    Last edited by Aldrius; 24th March 2006 at 2:42 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast