Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking A Good Game! (446)

Man, Tauros got owned hard. Hopefully it gets to redeem itself because that was just disgraceful :[

Overall it was okay episode. I reallly hate how the writers do Ash's gym/frontier loses though. He comes in and just magically becomes stupid and his pokemon magically suck and he gets the owned. I wish they would make his loses competitive like they do league battle loses. I mean you start off charging with corphish and he gets wiped by psychic attacks so than you follow up with a tarous and have it charge in the same way and it gets wiped in the same way corphish does. So Ash is brilliant in some battles and completely falls apart into stupidity in others? It never made much sense the way the writers write this stuff up sometimes

Well sometime that happen I have done stuff like that.

And dose Ash learn to talk to his Pokemon Because it look like Anabel was theaching Asn how to.

Can anyone tell all the attacks Anabel's pokemon used?

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Alakazam
    Psychic/Confusion(?)
    Psybeam
    Light Screen (?)
    Focus Punch/Dynamic Punch

Metagross
    Hyperbeam
    Dynamic Punch/Meteor Mash(?)
    Iron Defense (?)
    Last edited by Dark_Scyther; 24th March 2006 at 7:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pikachu
    I really like this episode. I know Ash is facing off against the Battle Tower leader: Anabel. Anabel is using her Metagross and Alakazam. Ash will be using his Tauros, Pikachu and Corphish. I know Ash is going to lose this one. Because it is his toughest match ever. Maybe the next episode he practices with his Pokemons and then prepare for a re-match with Anabel. I know Anabel's 3rd Pokemon is Espeon.
    You are unbeleivable.

Anyway, from the pictures a pretty boring episode it seems. Tauros get's K.O'd in one, and didn't really serve much use (sounds like Heracross). I doubt Corphish will evolve next episode too. Hope the next episode makes up for this episodes looking-boringness. I may change my opinion when I see it though.
    Last edited by skarmachild; 24th March 2006 at 7:37 PM.

End of post.

pretty ho-hum IMO...

I would have been far more interest had Gardevoir appeared

at least Beedrill and Gyarados didn't harass them as in other appearences...

giving Anabel psychic powers was a cool touch though...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by skarmachild
    You are unbeleivable.
    So is your SPAM <<
    Well, saw the pictures...regular episode...some cool animations...Alakazam had some cool moves, if they weren't so 'normal'...

Gaah, poor Tauros. As a firm supporter of the 'Rights for Oakked' activist group, this is not my cup of tea.

Although the episode is pretty good. Plus, a rematch next episode. Hopefully we'll see some interesting stuff there. Also, Scott's never seen Ash lose before, wonder how he'll take that...
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

He saw ash lose to Agatha when he first met him, but was amazed that he put such a great fight against an elite 4 trainer, thats why he told him to take the battle frontier challenge.

Seen the episode and man Ash got owned, but really if you watch the episode and see how stupidly they had ash battle its no wonder he got owned. Ill break it down:
    Telling corphish to charge in with Crabhammer, alakazam used confusion/psychic to stop it in its track. The same with Tauros, telling it to charge in takedown, and pikachu using thunderbolt on metagross and having it sent right back at him.

Anabel did have "perfect cooperation" with her pokemon ash was shown rushing in for attacks. When Tauros charged in with another take down and alakazam charged in with focus punch, anabel had her pokemon duck right at the last second and use focus punch almost the same way ash had grovyle duck and use leaf blade at kaede's walrein.

One thing i didnt understand is that when pikachu became confused and was about to use volt tackle on the wall how was it allowed for ash to stop it, he should've been disqualified for interfering with the attack, but ofcourse they would never do that and anabel is quite attached to ash and pikachu.
    Overall i actually like this episode the animation and music were both very nice, just didn't like the fact that corphish and tauros didn't even get one hit in, but as i said before the way the writers had ash battle it was no surprise.

Oh and the last part where metagross used hyperbeam on pikachu the little pause they did with may,brock, and max shocked while scott had that big goofy smile on his face was priceless.

You know it would be nice if people didn't judge an episode by a bunch of random pictures. You get nothing outta that.

Gah, the pedophile shows up everywhere. Doesn't he have other trainers to harass?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister
    Gaah, poor Tauros. As a firm supporter of the 'Rights for Oakked' activist group, this is not my cup of tea.
    Think of it this way. Losing means it gets some actual character development in the next episode.

I agree that we shouldn't judge the episode poorly based on screenshots, or consider Ash's losses dumb when we don't even know the dialogue used. Most likely he did make some dumb errors but only because he was so thrown off by Anabel's battle style. He's never faught someone who commanded their pokemon like that and had no idea just what to expect. Charging in may have been foolish but he couldn't just have them stand there either, as each of her pokemon seemed good and close and distant combat with physical and projectile attacks.

And really, Heracross's loss shouldn't be compared to Tauros.' Heracross battled evenly with Venusaur for some time, inflicting tons of damage. Venusaur just inflicted more.
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 24th March 2006 at 8:50 PM.

Hmm thoughts-
    *The Beedrill had a family, I thought that was cute and added depth to a usual plot device. Gyrados was kinda random though, but it closed its mouth at one part!
    *Anabel is very cute, and being psychic is cool. I gotta kind of a vibe that her and Ash...liked each other.
    *Thier was a lot of music in this episode from the movies, mainly the seventh.
    *Seviper and Cacnea hitting each other, lol.
    *Is it me, or were the gang wondering why Scott wasn't their.
    *Tauros better redeem itself (The preview does show it alot)
    *ENGRISH ALERT! I think Anabel said "My friends" and Scott said "Tigh pinch".
    *Nice battle, but the rematch shall be superior.
    *Scott had a evil grin when Pikachu lost..

daww, Ash and Anabel look kinda cute together. This ship needs a name, stat!

And Weedle! That alone makes the episode worth watching, if the rest wasn't enough.

Poor Tauros, beaten so badly after so long, at least he gets the next episode to redeem himself, unlike Heracross.
    .:Team Leaf:.

Sprites by Pokesho, Zerudez, MisterReno & RedRooster

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    And really, Heracross's loss shouldn't be compared to Tauros.' Heracross battled evenly with Venusaur for some time, inflicting tons of damage. Venusaur just inflicted more.
    It's a bit sad that tauros will get its chance to redeem itself, but heracross has returned to Oak's with the bitter taste of defeat still lingering...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

...Anabel? ...Telepath? ...She just instantly shot up to the #2 slot in my fav. anime girls list, right behind Kaede (Sorry Kanata, you're now #3, but I still love you too). The fact that she whooped Ash in a 3 vs. 3 match only using 2 Pokemon makes it all the better. Can't wait to see this episode in action. I'll add further comments then.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Is it me...or does Ash and Rira seem to have a "thing" going on...

Oh btw, iirc, Ash didn't realize she was a girl till she told him. LOl

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Oh btw, iirc, Ash didn't realize she was a girl till she told him. LOL.
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Either Ash is dense or the writers love playing a cruel joke on Anabel's character.

But then, neither did May, Max, or Brock it seems, and doesn't Brock have the power of Gender distiguation?

Anabel also said "Boku" which usually only boys use.

"You can speak telepathically to animals?!"

*group gasp*

"You're a boy?!"

*group gasp*

"You're the Battle Frontier Brain?!"

*group gasp*

...Man does that get old

Anabel? More like Dr. Dolittle.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode it's the best episode ever!! Why?:

-Anabel (the best frontier brain, IMO) gets to wipe the floor with Ash and beat him like some trainer in the GBA Battlke Frontier who uses NU circuit/underevolved pokemon (like Paras and Flaaffy, no offence)

-Scott smiling when Ash loses..... That Scott is so cool.

-Tauros and Corphish get defeated rather easily by Alakazam. And how often do you see a Alakazam defeat a Tauros, Not too likely in NB.

-Pikachu was the only victorious pokemon in Ash's side. Makes me happy because Pikachu is my favorite main character in the anime.

-Even though Pikachu loses to it, Metagross gets some retribution from the last battle against Pikachu (the pokemon in general).

-We get to see Anabel's house in this episode.

-Anabel is always in sync with her pokemon, not to mention she is psychic.

Even though Ash wins the next match, I'm still looking foward to it. The next episode will be very promising. Espeon v.s. Pikachu, Anabel, Espeon, so much to look foward to.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

All right, seen the episode. Ya know, Ash may have lost some matches here and there, but this is truly the first time since the Sabrina match that he completely got the floor wiped off him (unless you count the Drake match, which was more of a "for fun" battle). Not only did Anabel not even need the full 3 Pokemon, but Metagross hardly even had to do anything, as Pikachu was so weak from battling Alakazam. The reason this battle is so tough for him is that Anabel commands her Pokemon telepathically instead of shouting themn, so Ash never knows what to expect. I'm surprised Ash wasn't sent flying through the wall with the force of the Volt Tackle. The animation may have been craptacular, but the music was fantastic. Lots of stuff pulled from Movie 7, and no obnoxious vocals, either. Meteor Mash looked WAY different than the one Tyson's Metagross used, though.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 24th March 2006 at 10:30 PM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Everything to everyone is shipping >_>. Shipping is absolutely pointless in about every way possible. Anyway, Ash is proven to be miraculously smart before but now a stupid kid who charged into Anabels attacks. Good job writers >_>.

I didnt like this episode too much. If you take away the telepathy from Anabel she's any other generic anime character personality wise and her looks dont exactly make up for her somewhat bland personality. The battle was ok I guess Ash needs to have a loss somewhere. Was I the only one who didnt even notice Scott until at the end when Ash lost. I was looking through and then I some him at the end and I never noticed him before. At least we will see something different by having Ash lose. So far my two fav. facilities have been palace and pike. Palace was because they made Lucy into an awesome character and the Brock & Lucy shipping was good. Spencer had the most amazing battle and most original out of all of them. Anyway the progression of the episode was really sluggish maybe thats why I didnt like it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast