Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Talking A Good Game! (446)

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Everything to everyone is shipping >_>. Shipping is absolutely pointless in about every way possible. Anyway, Ash is proven to be miraculously smart before but now a stupid kid who charged into Anabels attacks. Good job writers >_>.
    Agreed with the first point. Let's kill Towershipping before it truly gets started.
    The reason Ash charged his attacks was because he had no idea what the hell Anabel was attacking with, since she ordered all her attacks telepathically. He had no idea what to expect.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    All right, seen the episode. Ya know, Ash may have lost some matches here and there, but this is truly the first time since the Sabrina match that he completely got the floor wiped off him (unless you count the Drake match, which was more of a "for fun" battle). Not only did Anabel not even need the full 3 Pokemon, but Metagross hardly even had to do anything, as Pikachu was so weak from battling Alakazam. The reason this battle is so tough for him is that Anabel commands her Pokemon telepathically instead of shouting themn, so Ash never knows what to expect. I'm surprised Ash wasn't sent flying through the wall with the force of the Volt Tackle. The animation may have been craptacular, but the music was fantastic. Lots of stuff pulled from Movie 7, and no obnoxious vocals, either. Meteor Mash looked WAY different than the one Tyson's Metagross used, though.
    Yeah it had a star shaped design to it this time
    Anyhow the fights were okay, it was good to see pikachu get owned and by a pokemon it beat before.Poor corphish and tauros.Hopefully both of them will get redemption

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Everything to everyone is shipping >_>. Shipping is absolutely pointless in about every way possible.
    I wholeheartedly agree, it seems people like to jump on every possible character/pokemon pairing and call it shipping.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

daww, Ash and Anabel look kinda cute together. This ship needs a name, stat!
    Already did. The ship of Anabel+Ash has been happily dubbed, by me, as PsychicShipping. Even more appropriate now that I know of Anabel's talent.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

It's also called TowerShipping, as stated already. That seems more appropriate to me...PsychicShipping seems too general.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    It's also called TowerShipping, as stated already. That seems more appropriate to me...PsychicShipping seems too general.
    Actually, I just made that name up as I typed it. ._.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yeah, TowerShipping's better......and it seems more likely than most random shippings we come up with. [/wayofftopic]

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

They thought Anabel was a BOY?! Oh, the hilarity. I needed that...like, SERIOUSLY. If only they'd done that with Bugsy...

Judging from pictures, the episode actually looks pretty decent. The Beedrill Attack was incredibly overdramatized in the episode summary, as this was just one angry Beedrill and not a swarm.

The battle looked pretty good as well, as we haven't seen Ash get taken down a peg in a while. Though Alakazam and Metagross...guh. Seeing Tauros again makes me want to see more of it [which is a good thing as we are next episode]. I'll have to comment on it when I see it in motion.

One more thing though, the fact that Bubblebeam broke Team Rocket's net. WTF?
    Yeah, that'd work...if the net was made out of soap >.> Razor Leaf, Leaf Blade, Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace; all those make sense. But Bubblebeam? That makes me 'lolwut?'

Can someone tell us what Pikachu was saying to Anabel when she had it on her lap? That was such a cute scene.
    Anyone? Never got an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken.
    One more thing though, the fact that Bubblebeam broke Team Rocket's net. WTF?
    Yeah, that'd work...if the net was made out of soap >.> Razor Leaf, Leaf Blade, Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace; all those make sense. But Bubblebeam? That makes me 'lolwut?'
    ****, after all this time, ANYTHING can sever those blasted nets. Just like any attack can explode for no apparent reason on contact.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

We've seen Bubblebeam break TR's metal arms before--you know, the ones with the rubber hands on the ends.

We've seen Bubblebeam break TR's metal arms before--you know, the ones with the rubber hands on the ends.
    Well, yeah, but at least that makes some sense. I can see metal arms being broken off if under enough pressure [especially since the ones Team Rocket use are scaled and not solid, right?] A net or rope, however, requires cutting to break.

Kater Guest

Isn't this Season 10, nyway I thought this episode was really good. It showed how even Satoshi loses sometimes and he isnt as great as everyone thinks. I thought the battle was great and this is one of the best Battle Frontier eps.

Ash got his butt totally kicked, (finally!) I can't wait to see the next episode. So Anabel was a guy right?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    So Anabel was a guy right?
    No, it's a girl who looks like a boy!

Anyway, the second episode makes her look MUCH more feminine, so there's no mistaking it. She really looks cute in the next episode, maybe they made her look like a boy in this one on purpose.

okay, I read that she was a guy in the original so I asked
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    okay, I read that she was a guy in the original so I asked
    Well, it was mentioned earlier in this Thread that Ash mistook Anabel for a boy, so you must have got that confused with her actually being a boy.

Besides, whoever names their son Anabel should be shot...by their son, Anabel :O

Finally,we can see Ash losing against a frontier leader the first time.He loses cause he used Tarous,a pokemon he hadn't train a lot,and a Corphish.(If corphish evolves,Ash might win) Pikachu beats Alakazam,but loses against Metagross.Too bad Ash doesn't have a counter to psychics.
    I wonder how Ash will win the rematch in the next episode?
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

She looks like a boy and that makes her special.
    Uhm, about the battle: I feel she's worth winning because actually she's stronger than Ash ( u know, can order her pokemon without saying a word )

I knew Ash would loose, which was good but how he lost was awesome! Take that Ash! seriously, he needed that and thankfully, Anabel didn't give him the symbol out of pity or for 'saving' the tower. Now with Ash determined to improve, maybe the battle in the next episode will reflect that.
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Geodude, to answer your question, Pikachu was telling Lila that he really likes Satoshi, however, Satoshi's major flaw is that he acts unreasonable sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    *Is it me, or were the gang wondering why Scott wasn't their.
    *ENGRISH ALERT! I think Anabel said "My friends" and Scott said "Tigh pinch".
    Yeah, Lila says "Go, my friend!" whenever she releases one of her Pokemon. I don't remember when Enishida said "tight pinch", though. Speaking of Enishida, yes, they were wondering where he was when they first got to the Battle Tower. When he does appear, I think there's some kind of animation error, because you hear his voice, but all you see of him is the very edge of his arm and shirt sleeve at the side of the screen. It's like this for a few seconds, and then the rest of him kinda pops into the screen. Anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    But then, neither did May, Max, or Brock it seems, and doesn't Brock have the power of Gender distiguation?

Anabel also said "Boku" which usually only boys use.
    I think Takeshi wouldn't be able to distinguish since Lila seems to be pretty young (the guy's not into jailbait, as evidenced by Haruka and Kasumi travelling around with them). I found that to be a pretty funny scene when Lila revealed she's a girl, by the way. Satoshi hands her his hat and jacket to dry, and he asks her if she'll change as well. She says she'll do so when they get out, leaving Satoshi to assume she's embarassed of Haruka. Lila tells him she's a girl afterwards.

And now, for some of my seiyuu obsessings (the third time for a Brain episode, interestingly enough). I particularly like the character Seiryuu no Kibachiyo (from Onmyou Taisenki), he seems playful, yet rather macho and mature at the same time. I've had interests in hearing his seiyuu perform in a different role (looking around, I see that the guy's list is very short), and I got my wish in the form of Masa, the Battle Tower's judge. ^^

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

So, if Anabel has the ability to speak to pokémon, why on earth is she wasting that talent on using it for battling purposes only? Surely a skill such as that would be iinfinitely more important in the scientific community? Think of all the unsolved mysteries that could be resolved just by asking the pokémon themselves about their lifestyles and habitats. And the bridges that could be built to strengthen pokémon and human relationships.

But apart from that, I thought the decision to make her a psychic was a pretty nice idea. It makes her a much more interesting character and manages to bring a different style of battling into play.
    Despite pretty the pretty lame attempts at animation, I thought the battle played out pretty well. Ash didn't come out of it looking like a total moron or anything, because he just didn't know what the hell to expect from his opponent. And the fact that he actually did manage to take down one of Anabel's team mates before having Pikachu getting masacred by that Hyper Beam only served to make the loss a little more believable. Granted, it probably could have been handled a lot better than it was, but it works for me regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    When he does appear, I think there's some kind of animation error, because you hear his voice, but all you see of him is the very edge of his arm and shirt sleeve at the side of the screen. It's like this for a few seconds, and then the rest of him kinda pops into the screen. Anyone else notice this?
    I noticed it, but I just chalked it up to my media player screwing up. The animation in this episode was pretty poor anyway, so I guess little quirks like that should be expected. Like, I dunno...Haruka's pokéball logo on her bandana not being drawn in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Think of all the unsolved mysteries that could be resolved just by asking the pokémon themselves about their lifestyles and habitats. And the bridges that could be built to strengthen pokémon and human relationships.
    Meowth could do that kind of thing as well, if TR ever decides to turn good. Fanfic material there...

Did we ever find out what move Alakazam was using to counter Thunderbolt?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

You mean when it was glowing? It was jikosaisei--Recover.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast