Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Talking A Good Game! (446)

Sceptile Warrior Guest

Anabel's star pokemon is most likely espeon and i expect the final battle will be espeon vs. pikachu but why does pikachu have to be the star of the battle why can't taurus be the star

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Meowth could do that kind of thing as well, if TR ever decides to turn good. Fanfic material there...
    Actually, now that you mention it, I found it odd that Anabel didn't seem to make any comment on Meowth's ability to talk. Well, nobody ever seems to anyway, but with the way they emphasised her communication skills...
    Bah, maybe the next episode will bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master
    but why does pikachu have to be the star of the battle why can't taurus be the star
    Probably has something to do with the fact that Venus was not alligned with Mars, thus disorientating it's cosmic aura. Though it's said that he will be lucky in love this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Warrior
    why does pikachu have to be the star of the battle why can't taurus be the star
    You're only asking this now? How many years has the show been going where the battles usually result in pikachu being the star?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Wow!! Anabel is really pretty, I can't wait to see her in the next episode. I first thought Spencer was my favourite Battle Frontier brain, but now I changed my mind. It is anabel definitly! That battle was amazing; too bad that anabel will lose in the next episode, but she did it fantastic this time.

PS: Her alakazam is awesome!!
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    So, if Anabel has the ability to speak to pokémon, why on earth is she wasting that talent on using it for battling purposes only? Surely a skill such as that would be iinfinitely more important in the scientific community? Think of all the unsolved mysteries that could be resolved just by asking the pokémon themselves about their lifestyles and habitats. And the bridges that could be built to strengthen pokémon and human relationships.
    That's not really an issue I think. Since pokemon can understand human speech a lot of the stuff you mentioned can be figured out by simply asking a Pokemon to show them.

And when it came to knowing various secrets, using telepathy may not be any better than asking, since a lot of these secrets are things the pokemon don't want humans to know (i.e. humans not being allowed at the Bulbasaur evolution festival) or only want certain humans to know. Telepathy may be helpful, but its no shortcut to understanding pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Actually, now that you mention it, I found it odd that Anabel didn't seem to make any comment on Meowth's ability to talk. Well, nobody ever seems to anyway, but with the way they emphasised her communication skills...
    Bah, maybe the next episode will bring it up.
    Oak, Gary and Tracey did comment on Meowth when they first heard it talk but then again they were all either doing it for research or just were in awe about it.

I'm glad Ash got totally owned by Anabel, its about time he lost and I mean lost badly. Sadly a Gardevior owning Ash would of been much more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    That's not really an issue I think. Since pokemon can understand human speech a lot of the stuff you mentioned can be figured out by simply asking a Pokemon to show them.

And when it came to knowing various secrets, using telepathy may not be any better than asking, since a lot of these secrets are things the pokemon don't want humans to know (i.e. humans not being allowed at the Bulbasaur evolution festival) or only want certain humans to know. Telepathy may be helpful, but its no shortcut to understanding pokemon.
    Just to add that Pokemon can be very protective, who says they would tell Anabel or any human for that matter. Like Gardevior and Kirlia were super protective, as well as those Jynx from the last episode (or episode before that?) if you get my drift they could use telepathy to talk to Pokemon and discover new facts but their is nothing solid to say they will actually tell them, or for that matter they could lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Torky Stu
    Oak, Gary and Tracey did comment on Meowth when they first heard it talk but then again they were all either doing it for research or just were in awe about it.
    There were actually a few people back in Kanto who noticed Nyasu's odd talent, but apperently after a while the writers didn't feel the need to go over it again every time they were around someone new.
    ~

I have a real personal disliking for Umbreon + Espeon. They are being far too overused and extremely boring in appearence. Gardevoir is beautiful and powerful, unlike Espeon. (Opinion)

End of post.

Wow, Ash mistaked Anabel for a boy? Funniest thing since Ash thought Mr. Goodshow was Santa Claus. Anyway, glad Metagross took the win and not Alakazam. Still Ash's Pikachu already beat a Metagross and now it loses to one. I hate when the writers do this. I know Anabel's has more experience but still.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 26th March 2006 at 8:01 PM.

I like the fact that Anabel is a Psychic Trainer very much. It's cool that she can communicate with Pokemon mentally.

[Anime Style Battling Squad]
    3DS FC: 1693-0754-4014
    Formerly known as Voltaic

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Anyway, glad Metagross took the win and not Alakazam. Still Ash's Pikachu already beat a Metagross and now it loses to one. I hate when the writers do this. I know Anabel's has more experience but still.
    And you're completely ignoring the obvious fact that Pikachu was already exhausted from battling Alakazam why exactly?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    I think Takeshi wouldn't be able to distinguish since Lila seems to be pretty young (the guy's not into jailbait, as evidenced by Haruka and Kasumi travelling around with them).
    He did see that Imite was a girl when no one else did.

Wow, I was suprised when they all were shocked she was a girl.

Nice to see Satoshi get humilated every once in awhile. Kentaurous will get his revenge next week, so I don't mind him and Heigani getting beat.

I'm glad she is using Espeon because I love Espeon but still Gardevoir has gotten barely any air time! It was like what 2 minutes total in Do I Hear a Ralts?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

ive heard of all the craptastic abilityshipping in this episode.
    i hate that pairing. is it true?
    I have every right to use ubers, and you have no right to bash me for it. If you agree then copy and paste this into your signature.
    60% of SPPF shun glitches like missingno. If you are one of the 40% that cares for them, copy+paste this!
    Pro-Cloning Club here.

Of course not, but there's certainly enough justification for a ship to be created.

I'm interested to see how they'll handle the "gender surprise" in the dub. I could be wrong, but IIRC, they already knew Lila's name in the original before realizing she was female, but the English name Anabel is obviously a female name. So if she says her name in the dub before the gang realizes she's actually a girl, it'll seem kind of odd. Hopefully they tweaked the dialogue if necessary so that she only says her name afterward.

i really hate the pairing
    I have every right to use ubers, and you have no right to bash me for it. If you agree then copy and paste this into your signature.
    60% of SPPF shun glitches like missingno. If you are one of the 40% that cares for them, copy+paste this!
    Pro-Cloning Club here.

Does it matter? It's not like we'll ever see Anabel again.

What's with the attitude? It only makes sense to want the episodes to be well-done and to want things to...um, make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by the legend master View Post
    i really hate the pairing
    For being one of the few shippings that actually have something to support it?

If you're talking to me, I was talking about the guy whining about Abilityshipping, not you.

Oh, right.

the legend master, either give an intelligent reason or lay off the spam.

im a girl, suckers.
    anyway, i was asking if i should wacth the episode.
    Pro-Cloning Club here.

Who wouldn't want to watch an episode about a human that can talk to Pokemon telepathically?

Quote Originally Posted by the legend master View Post
    im a girl, suckers.
    anyway, i was asking if i should wacth the episode.
    Wait. Why would you hate Abilityshipping if you haven't even watched the episodes featuring Lila?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast