Well, lately I have seen a lot of threads talking about PokeRus, so I decided to create a FAQ thread about PokeRus. Below are commonly asked questions about PokeRus that the main site may not go over. If you have a question about PokeRus, it may be answered here, and if you still don't understand something, then post it in here, and it should be answered.
What is PokeRus?
- PokeRus is a "virus" that enhances stats to your Pokemon and allows EV's to be doubled in battle. It's the same as Macho Brace, but without the lowering of Speed.
How do I get PokeRus?
- PokeRus is obtained from wild Pokemon in the game. You do not need to catch a Pokemon to obtain PokeRus. Instead, all that needs to be done is a move that makes Contact (i.e. mostly physical attacks and moves such as Bite, Crunch, Spark) to a Pokemon that has it, and there's a chance that it will go onto the your Pokemon that hit the infected wild Pokemon. You will know when you have PokeRus if you look in the Status condition area of a Pokemon and it says "PKRS".
How do I spread PokeRus over to my other Pokemon?
- PokeRus can only be spread on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, because those games have are clock-based. If you have an infected Pokemon on Fire Red, Leaf Green, Colosseum or XD, you cannot spread it. Spreading it means having the infected Pokemon in your party with your other Pokemon. In time, the infected Pokemon will spread PokeRus over to your other Pokemon.
How long does PokeRus last?
- PokeRus doesn't last very long in Ruby/Sapphire/Emearld. If the infected Pokemon is in your party, PokeRus lasts, depending on the Pokémon (it's preset), 1 to 3 days. A "day" is counted as passing by for an infected poke which is in your party at midnight.
How do I keep PokeRus?
- It's very easy to make sure that you always have PokeRus on your game. All you have to do is keep the infected Pokemon in your Box. If you're on Fire Red or Leaf Green, you do not have to worry at all, as PokeRus will never leave because the game is not clock-based.
I see a dot next to where it used to say PKRS, what happened?
- If you see a dot in the Status area, that means the Pokemon has lost the PokeRus virus and can never get it again. PokeRus tends to leave quickly, so be sure to get your training in quickly if you want the added effects of the virus to help your Pokemon's stats. Even after your Pokemon loses the PokeRus status, and gets the dot, it will still gain the double EV values always.
And that's about it. If there are any other questions that I do not have answered in here, ask them here and I'll add them to this post.