Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Time's A Charm! (447)

Default Second Time's A Charm! (447)

Second Time's A Charm!

After his loss in the Battle Tower, Ash decides to start training his Pokémon so he can devise the perfect strategy to defeat Anabel's Psychic Pokémon. However by using the same Pokémon as before, ash faces a tough battle against the Psychic Pokémon and their strong attacks. Will Ash manage to claim victory?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I'm going to assume that he won, so how good was his win?

Please tell me Tauros got at least one victory?
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Any word on how Tauros did Joe? I'm really hoping that he beat his opponent this around...Tauros is one of my favorite Pokemon and I would hate to see him go down without a fight.

Also, I heard they revealed the battle Pyramid is by Pewter, is this true?

Yes, it's near Pewter...maybe we could see Ludicolo and Brock's other pokemon again...in a no-special episode...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Angel_Setsuna
    Yes, it's near Pewter...maybe we could see Ludicolo and Brock's other pokemon again...in a no-special episode...
    That would be cool if Brock met up with Ludicolo again. It was one of my favorites of his team...

But anyways, back to the discussion of the episode...Anybody seen it?
    Last edited by Nintendo Theatre; 30th March 2006 at 4:04 PM.

Please take speculation elsewhere, this thread is just for discussion of this episode after you have seen it, read the guide or viewed the picture.

According to Argy at BMGF it goes.
    Corphish vs. Alakazam
    Corphish vs. Metagross
    Tauros vs. Metagross
    Pikachu vs. Espeon
    Ash wins. Tauros and metagross both got ko'd at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Tauros and metagross both got ko'd at the same time.
    Good, at least tauros was able to get a little bit of retribution for its loss in the previous episode.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Tauros and metagross both got ko'd at the same time.
    Let me guess, hyper beam and fissure right.

Yes! Tauros, a painfully neglected Pokemon who just got beaten in the last episode recieved training in this episode only scraped a draw! Thank God we have such a over showcased and spotlight hogging Pokemon like Pikachu around to save the day! : D

DOn't forget, it was a Metagross, which took Grovyle and Pikachu to beat one, so Tauros tieing with one is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    DOn't forget, it was a Metagross, which took Grovyle and Pikachu to beat one, so Tauros tieing with one is great.
    That's true...I was about to freak out until after you said that. Thank you for stopping my ramapge.

No signal of Corphish's evolution, right?. Blast!!!.

Truthfully I think the writers are purposely doing this about Corphish.

There has yet to be a single episode where Corphish goes to Neverland like Bulbasaur in the mysterious garden episode.

Yet Corphish still won't stinking grow up. I'm sure it would be way past its evolution level if levels exist in the anime but something is just stopping it from simply gaining a few pounds and a star on its head (A Crawdaunt really is just a fatter Corphish with a star on its head.)

At this point, however, I'm thinking about giving up wanting Corphish to evolve because it has been with the show for so long, continues to miss the opportunities and, somehow, manages to kick a** (fat a**'s for that matter ). While there isn't an episode where Corphish goes to Neverland, I might as well give in and say its joined Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Psyduck and others in the island where you can fly and you never grow up. Welcome to Neverland Corphish

As for the episode itself I knew Ash would win. I hope I have the patience to watch this episode because the battle sounds great. With Tauros battling and, of course, the rat saving the day, this is a typical battle episode but still sounds good.

And also, I think it was Eddiursa in another thread that the Battle Pyramid was near Pewter City which blows off my own theory about the gang going the long way around to get back to Pallet Town or wherever, those game producers better hurry it up with D/P or were in for another filler League.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Don vito, I'm sorry but there was hardly a chance of Corphish ever evolving. It has proved like others that is pretty powerful but can be in basic form. Anyway so We find out the battle pyramid is pewter city. I dont know what to think of that.

If we take the Deoxys Special out of the timeline as specials usually are outside of the timeline, the episode with Sudowoodo, a rock Pokemon, is next.....and their in the town of a rock gym....

And Corphish does not need to evolve, it would be cool if it did, but it don't.

If we take the Deoxys Special out of the timeline as specials usually are outside of the timeline, the episode with Sudowoodo, a rock Pokemon, is next.....and their in the town of a rock gym....
    Actually its being counted as part of the AG timeline. Also I doubt they would skip all of that and immediatly be in pewter but I digress we should be on epi discussion.

NOTE: Please leave any and all attacks used by Ash's Pokemon and Anabel's Pokemon in a post please, with particular interest in Espeon's attack.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

According to Argy at BMGF it goes.
    Corphish vs. Alakazam
    Corphish vs. Metagross
    Tauros vs. Metagross
    Pikachu vs. Espeon
    Ash wins. Tauros and metagross both got ko'd at the same time.
    Just dashed my hopes. Why can't they make an Espeon win for once?
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

because they don't want Espeon to win At least Tauros got some redemption after it's defeat last time. Although I would have liked it to have win I guess a tie is better than nothing.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    because they don't want Espeon to win At least Tauros got some redemption after it's defeat last time. Although I would have liked it to have win I guess a tie is better than nothing.

I can kinda settle for a tie in it's case because if Tauros did beat Metagross it would be hard to believe for a lot of people, (heck some people at going crazy about the fact that Corphish beat Alakazam.) so i think the writers made the right choice and go for a tie.

Sure, and at least Tauros did get two episodes, where he improved a hell of a lot in the second one.

I don't imagine the outcry here will be as much as it was for Heracross, and even there people calmed down a bit once they saw that Heracross actually put up a great fight before going down, so it wasn't that bad.

Seems like only Charizard and Snorlax were the "heroes" of the reserve Pokemon so far against the Brains.

I second that. As for Corphish beating Alakazam? It will be interesting to see that battle

Indeed, considering how badly it got its *** handed to him by Alakazam last time (didn't land a single hit in). To avoid so many similarities to the previous episode, however, I would have liked to have seen Sceppy go in for Corphish's place. As for Tauros, it served its purpose well enough. Pikachu winning the whole thing is hardly a surprise.

I'll be back with raves or rants on the coreography and animation tomorrow.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yeah, seeing Alakazam kick Corphish's *** without Corphish getting one attack reminded me of the same thing in Ash's battle with Morrison when Corphish did the same thing to Girafarig

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast