Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Time's A Charm! (447)

just saw the pics, looks like Ash does get his retrobution though one thing has me perplexed, and it pretains to Corphish, i didn't know you could get away with recalling a pokemon and then sending it right back in to fight, and isn't the pyramid special it's not a dot it's a freaking symbol on the pokenav, North west of Pewter.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 31st March 2006 at 4:36 PM.

Hmm....the gang also gets chased by Beedrill's as well...

Also, one thing confuses me, at one part May sends out Combushken AFTER they defeat Team Rocket, and like Corphish looks scared or something...weird..

Oh, and a TON of Anabel*Ash stuff.

This was OK, but could have obviously been far better. Tauros drawing is forgivable, and Corphish was pretty cool. But Pikachu? I say meh... a meh with the power of a thousand suns!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Looks like a great episode judging by the pictures. The battle looked OKish but didn't seem to have a lot of effort put into it (attack effects aside). It just looked a bit rushed. Tauros should have won, but didn't (surprise, anybody?), and Pikachu, yet again takes the spotlight. As much as I like Volt Tackles animation, it's just tiresome seeing Pika' winning the match for Ash... again.

One thing that made this episode special though was the great Ash and Anabel interaction. I've taken a sudden liking towards Anabel and think that she and Ash are a good pairing. It was great when Tauros was on a rampage and they all fell into the lake, and at the end when they shook hands and Anabel blushed. Say what you like but I thought it was cute.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 31st March 2006 at 5:27 PM.

May scanned Espeon on her Pokedex, is there anyone still not convinced that they're setting May up for one in the future?

Also, what the heck was that staring contest about between Ash and Corphish and May and Combusken. Like wtf?

Isn't turning off the lights during the match considered cheating? I don't think Ash is really worthy of the Ability symbol. I think Anabel gave it to Ash because she has feelings for him.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    NOTE: Please leave any and all attacks used by Ash's Pokemon and Anabel's Pokemon in a post please, with particular interest in Espeon's attack.
    Basically, this is a play by play of the entire battle, you can thank me later...

Anabel sends out Alakazam while Ash sends out Corphish.

Anabel commands Alakazam to use Focus Punch and Ash then commands Crabhammer from Corphish, both attacks cancel eachother out. Corphish then uses a Bubblebeam and Alakazam a counter-Psybeam. Again both cancel out...then just as Corphish is about to use Crabhammer on Alakazam again, Alakazam uses Psychic and flings Corphish to the other side of the room.

Corphish then become freaking awesome...He jumps up in the air and sends a devastating Bubblebeam onto Alakazam, direct hit! Then while Alakazam charges up for another Psychic blast Corphish uses Crabhammer. It hits but then Corphish is thrown back back a Psybeam. Corphish then goes strak raving mad and hits witha Crabhammer and a Bubblebeam. Alakazam is out.

Anabel then sends out Metagross. Corphish then tries a Crabhammer on him but is immeadiatly knocked out by a Meteor Mash.Tauros is then sent out by Ash.

Both Tauros and Metagross immeadiatly use Take Down and cancel eachother's attack out. Metagross gets mad and tries a Meteor Mash but Tauros flings Metagross up in the air before it can get hit. Tauros then uses a Double Team to confuse Metagross, but Metagross uses Hyper beam and hits Tauros dead-on.

Tauros gets up and samcks Metagross with a Horn Attack. Metagross tries his final Meteor mash while Tauros tries to counter with Horn Attack again. Both Pokies make direct hits resulting in an explosion. Both are knocked out.

Anabel sends out Espeon while Ash sends out Pikachu.

Both Pokies try Quick Attack on eachother but miss. Pikachu slides on the ground and then is hit by a 2nd Quick Attack from Espeon. Just as Espeon is about to hit it with a 3rd Quick Attack, Pikachu jumps up and tries to hit it with an Iron Tail. Both miss but while in the air, Espeon pushes Pika down to the ground.

Pikachu gets mad now and tries a Thunder Attack but Espeon shoots a Zap Cannon resulting in another explosion which knocks Pika back. Pikachu now gets really mad and tries another Thunderbolt but Espeon uses Psychic to throw Pikachu up in the air and smack it down on the ground. Things don't look good for Pika.

Pikachu tries another Quick Attack and Espeon throws it in the air again but now Pikachu gets it. He grabs onto a lamp as he is thrown up into the air and zaps out the power in the stadium. Espeon then throws a blind Zap Cannon in the air and Pikachu counters witha Thunder which directly hits Espeon for major damage.

Pikachu then goes on a roll. He smacks Espeon withan Iron Tail and just before Espeon shoots another Zap Cannon, Pika uses Volt Tackle and Espeon is knocked out.

Wow! That took a lot of time. Anyways that's how it went down...and no turning off the lights isn't cheating. He used Espeon's Psychic to do it along witha Thunderbolt attack.
    Last edited by Nintendo Theatre; 1st April 2006 at 1:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Theatre
    Oh my god, this episode is going to make so many Anabel + Ashships...check out this series of pictures from this ep.
    There's only need for one,"Towershipping." And i guess it would be semi-active because going by what Contestshippers are going by (With May blushing over Drew recently.) it could become something strong. After all the tower seems to be near Pallet Town so i don't see why Anabel couldn't stop by Ash's for a visit.

But that's enough about that. I beleive Espeon is Anabel's weakest pokemon and should have been used first. Cause unlike Alakazam and Metagross Espeon hardly hurt Pikachu at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu
    Isn't turning off the lights during the match considered cheating? I don't think Ash is really worthy of the Ability symbol. I think Anabel gave it to Ash because she has feelings for him.
    You could say that. Or, you could call it clever tactics. Then again, that would be odd because you could call the Pewter gym match clever tactics...only it wasn't, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    But that's enough about that. I beleive Espeon is Anabel's weakest pokemon and should have been used first. Cause unlike Alakazam and Metagross Espeon hardly hurt Pikachu at all.
    Actually, Espeon had control of the match until the blackout.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu
    Actually, Espeon had control of the match until the blackout.
    I was just about to add that. Really if the lights didn't go out, Pikachu probably would have lost against Espeon. Every attack, Espeon kept counter-attacking.

OMG this is better than I thought.

* Look at Anabels' ref, doesn't he look so much better than any other before?

* Anabel also looks so much more like a girl, I mean blushing!

* Tauros and Corphish got redeemed IMO, I mean Tauros got thrahsed then got a draw, I mean improvement, also it learnt a new attack, and Corphish took down Alakzam..amazing only if Torkoal had than in Hoenn D:

* OMG Ash x Anabel, more plz <3

* Too bad Pikachu took the spotlight, but then again Sceptile would of been bad also. Domphan would of been my number one choice for a completely life saver victory.

* Don't you love how we see random Kanto Pokemon making cameo's all the time now? :D

Pretty good I guess.

Oh no. "Brock+Lucy" all over again...
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Basically, this is a play by play of the entire battle, you can thank me later...
    Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but why should I thank you? I simply wanted a list of the attacks used, not a "play-by-play". You even confused Focus Punch with Mega Punch! To top it off, you put everything in spoilers for no reason at all (not like you'd be in trouble for not using spoiler tags, dude).

So thanks but it was unnecessary.

*sigh* Okay, so can someone confirm that the attack used by Espeon was Shadow Ball?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

We should all be thankful for someone going to so much effort to display information in a cohesive way.

...So yeah, thanks... :P

My random post to make sure I've posted in every episode discussion of season 9. I'll post more when the pictures come in.

For now I'll simply say that towershipping is here and I doub it'll go away any time soon. Just what we need, poor Ash with yet another girl after his heart in eyes of his fans.

I'll ned to see the battle to critique it. Check in later today.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

And how is Ash/Anabel any different than the other one-shot ships we have? I admit it is a very cute pairing, but Anabel will probably never show up again.

This is different from Brock/Lucy, May/Sid, Ash/Melody, Ash/Macy, Drew/Wakana, Misty/Rudy how?

I guess the writers want their main characters to be "hot stuff," with various one-shot and recurring characters crushing on them. Since nearly all those characters will never appear again in the anime, it's mostly for fun.

As said, the only main character that hasn't been crushed on this season is Max. There was Max/Vivi from the Winstrates in Hoenn, but nothing in the Battle Frontier.

Yeah, but even the older one shot ships still has its followers.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

A blush shows up and then ZOUNDS! Tons of ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius
    We should all be thankful for someone going to so much effort to display information in a cohesive way.
    You can be thankful if you want.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    You can be thankful if you want.
    I was definitely kidding, I didn't actually mean I needed to be thanked. Geez...

Seen the episode, and for the people wondering why may called out combusken, ash was trying to talk to corphish telepathically and may was trying to do that with combusken but both got tired and just sat back. Then ash tried to talk to anabel telepathically but he failed, but anabel had some glitters in her eyes, and ofcourse at the end of the episode blushing cuz ash shaked her hand.

alright now onto to the battle, corphish vs. Alakazam nicely done with ofcourse corphish getting some retribution and giving a great battle. corphish got confused and ash recalled it back while alakazam was falling back from being hit by corphishs attack and then ash sent it right back out and ordered a bubblebeam attack and won, Nice strategy to get it out of confusion, as mentioned by Scott (im guessing cuz he did say something about that, but ofcourse my japanese translation isn't that good)
    Tauros vs. Metagross i actually liked the fact that they had a draw i mean common all tauros does is probably run around while metagross prob trains with anabel and battles alot of opponents, so for tauros to get 2 episodes, a new attack and a draw is actually pretty good IMO.
    Pikachu vs. Espeon, as others have said pikachu was getting owned before the lights went out. Espeon was quick and strong but ash blinded the arena and that gave pikachu the advantage. And for those people saying that ash blinding the arena is cheating and stuff like that,u people are stupid thats using the whole battlefield in a very smart way. Just like ash had grovyle use leaf blade on the water to get walrein out and knew it would use ice beam but grovyle dodged and the whole field turned into ice, taking away the advantage of walrien getting into the water. And there have been more matches that ash utilzed the battlefield for a win. Dont hate appreciate.lol

Overall i really liked the episode, corphish and tauros interacting with ash and the battle was handled extremely well, i give it 10/10.

People, can you please refrain from linking to filb's pictures, I'm pretty sure he doesnt want the leeched b/w

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    Seen the episode, and for the people wondering why may called out combusken, ash was trying to talk to corphish telepathically and may was trying to do that with combusken but both got tired and just sat back.
    Ahahaha. I love it when the writers play on Ash and May's naivete, we haven't seen something like this in a while. Ash/May trying to talk to their Pokemon telepathically is really great comedy.

Did Anabel say anything about wanting to see Ash again as the episode was ending?

Yeah the part where ash and may were trying to talk to their pokemon telepathically was funny. Especially corphish, its just so funny looking and it was staring at ash like, what the hell are you doing? lol.

o about anabel cyber i really dont know i couldn't pick anything up but even if she didnt say anything judging from how attached she got with ash she would definetly love to see him again, i dont think ash has ever been this closely attached to a gym leader or frontier brain before. correct me if im wrong. You know something though corphish has proved time after time that it doesn't have to evolve to be strong but what if it did, i really think if ash trained it and continued to put it in battles corphish could be near invincible.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast