Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Second Time's A Charm! (447)

Sceptile Warrior Guest

I think like what numerous people said that we will see squirtle again in the battle pyramid and ash might use charizard again.

One of the best episode in BF ^^

Ash was stronger than before in this battle and that suprises me is taking out the lights. I'm very very impressed by it. A good idea!

What shocked me then is Anabel's expression. I think she's got a crush on Ash and I hope she'll appear again. But it seems to be hard to happen

I saw the episode pictures already. The rematch between Ash and Anabel in the Battle Tower. Finally Ash defeats her and gets the symbol(don't know what symbol is)
    This is the battle that Ash and Anabel won or lost:
    Corphish VS Alakazam: Corphish wins
    Corphish VS Metagross: Metagross wins
    Tauros VS Metagross: Both knocked out
    Pikachu VS Espeon: Pikachu wins
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 2nd April 2006 at 4:01 PM.

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

Rodian Guest

Yay for Corphish! I'm a bit upset that I didn't at least do a little better against Metagross. Tauros did excellent too! - And of course the Powerrat would beat Espeon. ;(

Too bad Tauros couldn't last for another round.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

My lord, it was hilarious when Ash and his Pokémon ran away from the Beedrill in terror, then when he sees Anabel, he suddenly smiles and kind of greets her while still running away from the furious Beedrill. XD
    The music at the first half of this episode was generally goofy and made it all seem fun.

Funny how Anabel and Ash both gigglesnorted at eachother when they saw eachother covered in... what's it called? Seaweed? Meh.. It was cute.

I wonder what Ash was thinking when he and Anabel stared at eachother because we did hear what he and May thought when they stared at Corphish and Combusken. Nonetherless, I think whatever Ash was thinking it was the cause of Anabel blushing. I could be wrong, of course, but I otherwise don't get why she suddenly gets all crushy (new word?) just by staring.
    Or maybe I missed something in the "romance + eyecontact" thing.

It seemed Scott found it smart of Ash to return Corphish and then send it right back to end its confusion. The games strategy is somewhat the same, though I have yet to experience return and then call out the very same Pokémon in the same round.
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with doing this if it'll end the confusion. Corphish was hit, anyway, so it wasn't as if Ash recalled Corphish while it was being held in an attack, like Psychic.
    Isn't it the same like using Potion in the middle of a battle, anyway?

The Tauros vs Metagross battle was way too short. It was like Tausos taking the hit, try to attack, taking the hit, try to attack, taking the hit and both faint. But then again, I can't think of anything better, so it would be the same "fail attack and take the hit" just longer. D:

The Espeon vs Pikachu battle was... different. Though, I did like how Espeon countered Pikachu's Quick Attack and Iron Tail with the very same attacks, just faster and thus more powerful.
    I liked how they showed that despite Espeon taking "silent" commands which is for its own advantage, it's pretty hopeless when "blinded". Good to prove that being telepathic doesn't necessarily make one invinsible or "all that".

Heehee, Anabel fell in love with her hand XD
    *shot*

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Okay just watched the episode again and I have a few more observations.

Ok where do I get friends like May, Max, and Brock? Ash and Anabel mess around in the water with Corphish while the rest of the gang prepares a nice lunch Also that must be one heck of a nice hat Ash has for being able to jump in the water and not move an inch.

Okay in the Pikachu vs Espeon battle how in the world did Espeon miss with Zap Cannon when Pikachu was running straight at it with Volt Tackle? I mean cmon like that's a really difficult shot to miss and it completely wiffs with Zap Cannon sheesh. That's gotta be up there in the biggest choke jobs by a Pokemon in anime.

I liked the episode ( just saw it) But I must say...I was dissapointed in the battle...it was rushed...very rushed in my opinion, and it bothered me when satoshi recalled corpshish...hey thats me... and eefi missing pikachuu by an inch...that was stupid
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Jikkle
    Okay just watched the episode again and I have a few more observations.

Ok where do I get friends like May, Max, and Brock? Ash and Anabel mess around in the water with Corphish while the rest of the gang prepares a nice lunch Also that must be one heck of a nice hat Ash has for being able to jump in the water and not move an inch.

Okay in the Pikachu vs Espeon battle how in the world did Espeon miss with Zap Cannon when Pikachu was running straight at it with Volt Tackle? I mean cmon like that's a really difficult shot to miss and it completely wiffs with Zap Cannon sheesh. That's gotta be up there in the biggest choke jobs by a Pokemon in anime.
    It was Zap Cannon?

Well, either way in the games that attack has pretty crap accuary, so it's so surprise it missed. Besides, Espeon was likely very confused/disoriented after the lights went back on (ever tried to have the lights immediately turned off then after a while have them on again? It's murder for the eyes @.@)
    Or Pikachu ducked.

Ash's hat is a mystery. In the eighth movie it flew off but in the episodes it stays on, unless the writers has a plot for Ash to chase it. Ah, the wonders of Pokémon =D

My El Jay

I'm wondering whatever happened to Espeon's championed ability to sense its opponents actions through subtle changes in air currents. Surely it couldn't have been THAT reliant on sight. The battles didn't leave me satisfied at all. It's impossible that his Pokemon should improve that much within such a short amount of time, unless of course Anabel fought worse than normal. But I suppose she's just telepathetic and not clairvoyent. But then that goes back to the incidental forgetting of Espeon's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem
    I'm wondering whatever happened to Espeon's championed ability to sense its opponents actions through subtle changes in air currents. Surely it couldn't have been THAT reliant on sight. The battles didn't leave me satisfied at all. It's impossible that his Pokemon should improve that much within such a short amount of time, unless of course Anabel fought worse than normal. But I suppose she's just telepathetic and not clairvoyent. But then that goes back to the incidental forgetting of Espeon's abilities.
    Pikachu hid on a lamp.
    I doubt that affects the air currents the slightest if it just stays in place and fires off its attacks.

My El Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Rufinito18
    I liked the episode ( just saw it) But I must say...I was dissapointed in the battle...it was rushed...very rushed in my opinion, and it bothered me when satoshi recalled corpshish...hey thats me... and eefi missing pikachuu by an inch...that was stupid
    I thought it was pretty funny. Also, why are you using the English names, then switch to the Japanese names?

The episode was interesting in terms of shipping, the battle was so-so.

End of post.

Rodian Guest

Ash recalled Corphish after it beat Alakazam? You know...he probably realised it couldn't beat Metagross and withdrew it to protect it from harm. Y'know...like you would do if you cared about something? >_> Anyway. The Pikarat would obviously conclude the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodian
    Ash recalled Corphish after it beat Alakazam? You know...he probably realised it couldn't beat Metagross and withdrew it to protect it from harm. Y'know...like you would do if you cared about something? >_> Anyway. The Pikarat would obviously conclude the battle.
    No, Ash recalled Corphish after it got confused and hit by an attack from Alakazam, then called it out again immdeiately, likely to end Corphish's confusion.

He kept it out after it beat Alakazam, and got knocked out by Metagross after one attack.

My El Jay

sure, the tauros / metagross battle was kinda short but..what can you do with tauros anyway? all its attacks are slightly different versions of tackle, it can´t do more other than run into things....I don´t know why tauros is so popular, it´s boring. ( well, give it at least some different moves)
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Rodian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    No, Ash recalled Corphish after it got confused and hit by an attack from Alakazam, then called it out again immdeiately, likely to end Corphish's confusion.

He kept it out after it beat Alakazam, and got knocked out by Metagross after one attack.
    Wouldn't that be classed as using a turn? ><; Like...it was a 3 on 3 match, since Ash did that, Corphish should have been counted as being used twice. :/

Wouldn't that be classed as using a turn? ><; Like...it was a 3 on 3 match, since Ash did that, Corphish should have been counted as being used twice. :/
    I don't think a 3 on 3 match means calling out Pokémon 3 times, but rather 3 Pokémon in total.
    So Corphish being used "twice" is rather irrelevant.

But yes, Ash kinda used his "turn" by recalling and then sending out Corphish again and yet still managed to perform an attack.
    But it has happened before that the anime doesn't follow the "first you attack, then I attack, then you attack etc." thing like in the games. Or so I believe.

My El Jay

sure, the tauros / metagross battle was kinda short but..what can you do with tauros anyway? all its attacks are slightly different versions of tackle, it can´t do more other than run into things....I don´t know why tauros is so popular, it´s boring. ( well, give it at least some different moves)
    Its movepool has variety. It can learn icy wind, blizzard, icebeam, hyperbeam, Thunder, shockwave, Solarbeam, iron tail, fire blast, earthquake rock tomb, etc. Tauros is hardly a boring pokemon with only tackle esque moves. Its just the writers dont feel the need to give it any interesting attacks.

Rodian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    I don't think a 3 on 3 match means calling out Pokémon 3 times, but rather 3 Pokémon in total.
    So Corphish being used "twice" is rather irrelevant.

But yes, Ash kinda used his "turn" by recalling and then sending out Corphish again and yet still managed to perform an attack.
    But it has happened before that the anime doesn't follow the "first you attack, then I attack, then you attack etc." thing like in the games. Or so I believe.
    Yeah, that's probably right. But I'd still class it as cheating, I also don't understand how being recalled would rid Corphish of fatigue. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Its just the writers dont feel the need to give it any interesting attacks.
    ...which makes it a boring pokémon with tackling attacks.
    Granted, pokémon like Swellow are in the same boat, but that thing can maneuver like nobodies' business. Weaving in and out of attacks, swooping high and low, dive bombing the opponent.
    Tauros just charges in a straight line. Yay?

I knew,that Espeon used Zap Cannon!^^It looked like the one Alakazam used in,,Power Play´´ against Gary´s Umbreon.

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

-------------------------------------

My Fave Duel - Atem VS Raphael II (YGO! DM Episode 174 -176)

Rodian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    ...which makes it a boring pokémon with tackling attacks.
    Granted, pokémon like Swellow are in the same boat, but that thing can maneuver like nobodies' business. Weaving in and out of attacks, swooping high and low, dive bombing the opponent.
    Tauros just charges in a straight line. Yay?
    I'm guessing your talking about Tauros? Another point to bring up is it hasn't actually had any formal training from Ash, they've all been rotting away at Oak's, like most of Ash's other Pokémon. I, personally, would have preferred a Torkoal vs. Metagross fight over Tauros. :/

Since we only see Tauros once every 180+ episodes, the writers must feel there's no need to give it anything new.

Of all the reserves, isn't Charizard the only one that got new attacks in the BF saga? That's probably because Charizard will continually show up a hell of a lot more than the others, which is why they focus on him.

I also don't understand how being recalled would rid Corphish of fatigue. o_o
    That's the ironic part.
    It rids the Pokémon's confusion in the game by doing so @.@

Guess the writers are making their own little world by mixing everything up from time to time.

My El Jay

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Since we only see Tauros once every 180+ episodes, the writers must feel there's no need to give it anything new.

Of all the reserves, isn't Charizard the only one that got new attacks in the BF saga? That's probably because Charizard will continually show up a hell of a lot more than the others, which is why they focus on him.
    Actually, Kabigon got Protect, and of course, Kentauros suddenly got Double Team. But Gravy's right, they should be doing more with the guy than just charging. What the hell ever happened to his ground-based attacks from the Orange championship?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast