Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Second Time's A Charm! (447)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodian
    Yeah, that's probably right. But I'd still class it as cheating, I also don't understand how being recalled would rid Corphish of fatigue. o_o
    It would rid it of confusion, not fatigue. There is a clear and obvious difference.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Rodian Guest

^ Yes. You are correct. :/ I thought fatigue and confusion were the same thing. I guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    Ash's hat is a mystery. In the eighth movie it flew off but in the episodes it stays on, unless the writers has a plot for Ash to chase it. Ah, the wonders of Pokémon =D
    His head was still full of air from the last battle with Anabel, probably
    Why waste time when you can spend time wasted!

I have recently watched this episode.

Did Anabel get a crush on Ash?

She blushed after both shaked hands in commemoration of Ash winning the Ability symbol and then stared at her hand that touched Ash's.

Or it was more of a platonic feeling?

She liked him.

Apparently she says, "Satoshi, you never did understand how I feel." after she blushed and held her hand when the episode was ending.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    She liked him.

Apparently she says, "Satoshi, you never did understand how I feel." after she blushed and held her hand when the episode was ending.
    I knew it.I knew this would happen

Again, Anabel's coolest was Metagross. I love Psychic Pokemon.
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

Glad that Espon appeared again.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

This episode was awesome. It was funny when TR got flattened by Munchlax. It was weird when Ash and May tried to talk to Corphish and Combusken telepathically. The battle music was pretty cool. It was awesome when Ash recalled Corphish, then sending him out again. It was kind of surprising that Espeon knew Zap Cannon. The battle between Espeon and Pikachu was awesome. The entire battle was awesome as well. It was kinda cool to see that Anabel liked Ash.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Cartoon network, slow the heck down, anyway i liked the majority of the episode, except some portions of the battle (more than anything the Corphish part)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Cartoon network, slow the heck down, anyway i liked the majority of the episode, except some portions of the battle (more than anything the Corphish part)
    I know this is the wrong thread, but it's supposed to be 'Second Time's THE Charm.'

Quote Originally Posted by old guard truthseeker View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread, but it's supposed to be 'Second Time's THE Charm.'
    did you have something to say? well i forgot to add i enjoyed the fact they kept in the line at the end about thier feelings.

Loved this ep months ago when it first came out, still love it now.

-Ash telling Corphish to use Harden made me laugh a bit more than it probably should have.
    -I don't quite get the "it's dark, so the psychic link is broken!" thing. I guess it was because Espeon got freaked out or something, but to be honest I was kind of zoning out right then.
    -Haha, they kept the "you didn't ever sense my feelings" thing. Not that I expected them to get rid of it, but still.
    -May commenting that Anabel's Metagross was huge was odd, since there's the fact that she saw it before. >>
    -"Let's use speed this time"...nice way to announce your strategy, Ash.
    -Remember kiddies...Corphish is awesome. Why? Because I SAID SO!

Ah, this brings back memories of when some people actually thought Anabel would join the group. Cute as her interactions with Ash are, I never quite got why they thought that would ever happen. Oh well.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Great episode. Anabel's little crush on Ash was so cute. <3 I loved the part where she told Ash to try to sense her feelings. But he couldn't. D:

Ash and May trying to interact with Corphish and Combusken through their minds was hilarious. Poor Pokemon probably thought their trainers were retarded, if they hadn't already. xD

The battle was very good. Ash got a little help from the lights going off, but we all knew he would win anyways.

Harden, harden, harden!
    That's good comedy right there folks it is.

Other than the weird return pokemon then release it again right after, the fight was really cool.

DEM ending though when the lights turned off and Espeon got nervous.

The dub was interesting on the BGM front. You know that piece that played during Corphish vs. Alakazam? It's used regularly in the Japanese version, but this is the first time I ever recall it being used for the dub. The piece was changed for matches like Sceptile vs. Claydol and Munchlax vs. Octillery, so I'm not sure what brought on the change of heart here. On the other hand, changing the "goofy" music for the TR scene to a more serious one kinda killed how pathetic their plan was supposed to be.

I may not have liked Anabel's dub voice, but her acting was superb. Her commands being somewhat hesitant made it seem more realistic than gym leaders in the past.

Also, Espeon kept its Japanese voice. It clearly said "Efui".
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by mandikitty View Post
    Ash and May trying to interact with Corphish and Combusken through their minds was hilarious. Poor Pokemon probably thought their trainers were retarded, if they hadn't already. xD
    Heh, I agree. I always liked the scenes where May and Ash ended up doing the same thing, in this case both of them attempting to read the minds of their Pokemon like Anabel could do. Silly scenes that show how naive they are were always fun to watch, especially ones where Max would then make fun of them. (such as in the Bagon episode in mid-Hoenn, where he calls both Ash and May immature for daydreaming about soaring the skies like Bagon wanted to do when it evolved, and then they both yell at him at the same time. )

Too bad we won't get anymore scenes like that after this season. :/

Damn homewrecker >_>

Oh yeah, Anabel is a future homewrecker. But of course Ash is still so damn oblivious when it comes to love. As for the episode (which I saw half at 9pm and the other half at midnight when I woke up) was okay. The battle of course was pretty awsome (and it would have been much better if she had a damn Gardevoir and not Alakazam, Gardevoir is VERY underused). But I digress. Oh and back to my homewrecker comment. Ash and Anabel are indeed cute, I will admit that. But I stick to my theories and hatred for plenty of things and stick the fact that I hate that shipping. Oh yes, ONE MORE THING!

Ash: Harden, harden, harden
    May: Peck, peck, peck

LOL!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Heh, I agree. I always liked the scenes where May and Ash ended up doing the same thing, in this case both of them attempting to read the minds of their Pokemon like Anabel could do. Silly scenes that show how naive they are were always fun to watch, especially ones where Max would then make fun of them. (such as in the Bagon episode in mid-Hoenn, where he calls both Ash and May immature for daydreaming about soaring the skies like Bagon wanted to do when it evolved, and then they both yell at him at the same time. )

Too bad we won't get anymore scenes like that after this season. :/
    They do that quite a lot. xD And I agree, watching scenes with them doing that is very entertaining to watch. x3 Some of the most fun moments to watch.

Ah yeah, that sucks that AG is over. But we can always re-watch the episodes. Nothing new, but its still great to watch them over again. x3

Lol. When Ash returned Corphish, and sent it back out again, I thought it was a dubbing error!

I thought it was a nice episode, but could have spent more time battling, and less time doing everything else.
    Meta Ridley=My Bishie!

PM when added

LOL, Harden,Harden,Harden,Harden, Peck, Peck,Peck, Peck

And if only Ash could really see what was in Anabel's mind....
    They could made Anabel sound younger, can anyone guess how old she even is?

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by raticatelover View Post
    DEM ending though when the lights turned off and Espeon got nervous.
    I wouldn't consider something a DEM when a reasonable explanation can be given. Since the lights went out when Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt while standing on one of the lights, that probably shorted them. It then took a few minutes before the Tower's backup power came on. Sounds reasonable enough to me, what do you guys think?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Eh, I just think Espeon got a tad TOO nervous for a psychic Pokemon that can supposedly read air currents. Surely it doesn't need light for all that? :/

And another thing I just remembered...Metagross and Tauros going head to head resulted in an EXPOSION! I just love making fun of the anime's random explosions, but that was just ridiculous. How in the hell does physical contact between a bull and a metal...thing...create an explosion? They weren't even using fancy glowing body parts as part of the attack animations! ...well, okay, Meteor Mash did, but still.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Isn't it kind of cheating that Pikachu shorted out the lights? though it might have been an accident

This is a Lv 9 Wooper. PM me to feed him a Rare Candy (1 Lv) or train him (3 Lvs) so he can someday become a Quagsire!

Wooper's my bishie

I know it was not fair was it?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast