Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loyalty (One-Shot)

Tick. Tock. Tick. Cuckoo! Cuckoo!
    XD I just loved that line. Even the clock seems to be mocking their rather uncomfortable encounter!

It's rather selfish of the Growlithe to want to have Riley all to him/herself... but that's probably due to the fear of Riley forgetting about her dear Growlithe, and not wanting to be alone in this world. Silly Growlithe. XD

“My apartment’s flooded. All of it,” he says despondently, flopping onto the couch. For the first time you’ve heard him, he curses loudly, muttering something about ‘Grimer’ and ‘pipes’.
    Ewwww, live sludge!

Now, to burn or not to burn? That is the question.

The more rational side of your brain tells you to leave his clothes alone – it’s probably the best set he has, and perhaps the only set, depending on how bad his apartment’s flooded.

But the other side, the not quite so sane side, is telling you to make a bonfire out of it, and dance merrily in the flames and laugh like a mad man.
    That side seems to pop some crazy ideas into our heads every so often... Right now it's telling me to go all hyper and do lots of smiley abuse. O_o

Definitely crazy. But…

He quickly pockets it before Riley can see. He nods once, showing his understanding, before standing up and going to Riley’s side while you watch on.

…you suppose you can share… just this once.
    Just this once? Oh well, it's to be expected that the Rat won't be forgiven that easily...

As you said, it definitely was humourous with a twist at the end - a heart-warming one. I'm really glad I read this, so hopefully you can come up with more magnificence soon!

Imperial Furret: Growlithe. Definitely. XD

Haha87:
    That side seems to pop some crazy ideas into our heads every so often... Right now it's telling me to go all hyper and do lots of smiley abuse. O_o
    I laughed for a full minute at that. XD

Now my mind's telling me to go all hyper and do lots of smiley abuse. XDXDXD

As you said, it definitely was humourous with a twist at the end - a heart-warming one. I'm really glad I read this, so hopefully you can come up with more magnificence soon!
    XD Well, I have two one-shots in the works, but I'm working on Metamorphosis for Nanowrimo right now, so if you'll get anything, it'll be a new chapter at that. Thanks for your review!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12