Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (448)

I crave an animation of Deoxys carrying Giovanni off into space.

Deoxys Battle: Not bad. Swellow got brushed off rather quick, a fine way of showing Deoxys' power. But then Sceptile... Booyah! Only Sceptile can make Solarbeam seem cool again.

The rest was... Oh gosh, so plain. It was actually annoying to have to sit through all of that.
    Last edited by V Faction; 15th April 2006 at 3:10 AM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Theatre
    -Again, it's been a while since Meowth was last used to speak for a Pokemon (Tentacruel) and this time it just seemed awesome and oh so right...
    Don't forget the Haunter in the Orange Islands.

At the rate things are going, I probably won't be able to see the episode until tomorrow. Judging from the pics, the animation really fluctuates, and it's as if they had one team do the first half (reminds me of the Smoochum ep), and a second (much better) team do the second half.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Just saw it, and it was pretty good, defenitly better then the celebi one.

Sceptile vs. Deoxys was without a question the highlight of this episode for me, even though it wasnt that long. And as V faction said earlier only sceptile can make solarbeam look cool again. Sceptiles solarbeam looks mad good. Swellow got taken out but atleast it was putting up a fight that shows lots of guts.
    Overall i would rate it a 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    The rest was... Oh gosh, so plain. It was actually annoying to have to sit through all of that.
    Same thing I was thinking halfway throught the first part. The special was good for the small tidbits that have been mentioned, but as a whole, these two episodes sucked.

-sCiZoR

I've always wondered. Except for platent fanservice, why is Hinata in spandex short shorts. Shouldn't she be wearing something that will protect her legs from pickers and that sort of stuff? Though that would make sense which isn't allowed in Pokemon.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I've always wondered. Except for platent fanservice, why is Hinata in spandex short shorts. Shouldn't she be wearing something that will protect her legs from pickers and that sort of stuff? Though that would make sense which isn't allowed in Pokemon.
    Uh. You mean 'blatant'?

Ever notice how they always accentuate her crotch?
    V | Faction

I liked the way how this time they showed Pokémon really don't like the capture stylus. Poor Miltank. Hinata is evil.

The other good part was the boss fantasy. The battle was far too short IMO. They really needed to give Deoxys a wider movepool.

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Ever notice how they always accentuate her crotch?
    No I haven't. Should look at the pictures more closely.

Edit: http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...o/448/AG28.jpg
    Oooooh....
    Last edited by skarmachild; 15th April 2006 at 4:42 PM.

End of post.

Quote Originally Posted by skarmachild
    No I haven't. Should look at the pictures more closely.
    Oh indeed. Not just the front, but the back too. They want to make sure we understand that those shorts hug her. She's a puffy *****!
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    -At some point, Deoxys sounded like it was able to speak without Nyaasu... to some extent. It was extremely garbled and the characters had trouble understanding, but it was clearly speaking some Japanese words. "(something something)! Mata aou ne!"
    Yeah it seemed to me there were a couple times where Deoxys tried to speak to the humans, but they couldn't understand it, so it took control of Meowth.

Another note: May's Combusken now knows Flamethrower. Bit of a surprise, but it's about time as well.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Correction: It was told to use Flamethrower and clearly ended up performing Fire Spin.

I'd like to think that it was a mistake or a goof or something before any official record keeping. We'll wait and see if it will use Flamethrower once more down the line before actually stating it has it, like we did with Squirtle's Rapid Spin.
    V | Faction

Yeah but those kinda mistakes just...don't happen in the original. I'd like to think the mistake was more on how it was animated, since they're so used to doing the spinning flames coming from Combusken, rather than the attack that was called out. After all, a lot was happening in this episode.

But you are in agreement that there was a mistake of some kind, yes? And so you would not oppose to holding off on making it official (in the sense that we are able to) until further proof, correct?
    V | Faction

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon
    I liked the way how this time they showed Pokémon really don't like the capture stylus. Poor Miltank. Hinata is evil.
    I have to agree. The stylus' first gig wasn't too impressive, what with the pokémon just squatting there with gormless expressions slapped across their faces. Though saying that, I'd have much prefered it if the Altaria and Miltank actually tried to defend themselves in a similar way to Deoxys. But it's not a major gripe I suppose.

Bloody hell...the animation sure was mediocre for the most part. Deoxys switching rapidly between each of it's forms and most of the battling portion was pretty good, but the rest was outright lackluster. I thought that with Iwane taking part, the majority would end up being pretty good. But it was more disapointing than an Apple Pie without a filling.
    Then again, I guess thats what you get from an episode involving 4 different animation directors. That gets a big humbug from me.

As much as Masato making friends with a pokémon has been done to death, I honestly didn't mind it this time around. Deoxys having little control over itself was a fairly good idea, but it suffered thanks to too much talk, and not enough action. After the first 15 or so minutes of initial introductions and general plot set-up, I ended up sitting here, eager to grab the mouse and flick forward. This could have been a really good watch if they had upped the ante in the brawling department.

But for all it's faults, I did enjoy the few cute moments had during the special.
    It was pretty neat that Masato called out to Combusken whilst in the ~Tasty Treat Dimension~ and that Combusken happened to be the only one to hear him. I like it when a pokémon and human that had a few difficulties at first are able to get along so well in the future.
    And of course there were the scenes between him and Meowth, as well as the starter trio's concern for the fallen trainers.

~Tasty Treat Dimension~
    From thenceforth, that shall be its official name.

Am I the only one who couldn't figure out what exactly was at stake in this episode? I mean, what was being threatened? Was the problem simply that Deoxys was going to go around blowing sh*t up, or what?

Apparently, solar winds were screwing with the comet/meteorite that Deoxys came to Earth in (or rather, crash-landed in). I guess the combination created some kind of energy that was hurting Deoxys. Something to do with a super-strong magnetic field, considering how the trainers' Pokeballs and gadgets weren't working and how Pikachu and Plusle were affected.

Man, we really need some people who know Japanese to translate the critical dialogue. Watching it the first time, there was a heck of a lot I didn't quite understand.

All right, just finished watching it. My God, if there was any episode I seriously needed subbed, it was this one. I really didn't think this was half-bad, particularly when compared with the previous Ranger episode. Anyone notice how adorable Manene was during this whole thing? The preview made it look like the animation was going to be good. It really wasn't. I mean, it wasn't as bad as say...Battle Tower Part 1, but everyone appeared blurry in many of the frames. Basically, the good directors and the bad directors clashed in an ugly combination. Can someone clarify why Masato of all people was the one repeatedly connecting with Deoxys? I mean, I got the gist of the solar disturbances and Deoxys' instability of its own power, but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Man, we really need some people who know Japanese to translate the critical dialogue. Watching it the first time, there was a heck of a lot I didn't quite understand.
    I'd have to agree with you on that one...

I've seen the pics (I can't watch the episode because of my Internet) and well, let's just say, it was a good episode...

Aside from Hinata returning (and looking better somewhat ._.), I find the plot of this episode quite interesting... XD

... Okay, done for now...

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

What's with all the hate for the first Ranger episode (the one with Celebi)? I thought it was rather excellent, myself.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I was asked if I'd like to translate the episode, given the huge demand for a sub. I said I'm pretty busy, both with some personal stuff as well as manga translations I'm working on, and if they sent me the file for the timing, it'd be a while until I get around to it (though, they take a while to release things anyway. I'm still waiting for the subs of the orienteering ep, the non-parody version of Harley's victory ep, and Jukain's evolution ep, all of which I've had the privilege to work on ^^, to be released). I haven't received the timing file as of this moment, but I'll keep you updated on that.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

3 of our main staff members are mia/busy currently, hence the long delays in releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    What's with all the hate for the first Ranger episode (the one with Celebi)? I thought it was rather excellent, myself.
    The fact that it had essentially the same plot as the fourth movie, and that horrible imposter of a Cycling Road pretty much ruined it for me. That and I'm not too fond of the whole ranger idea, although this special helped that to some degree.

Anyway, having finally watched this, I had to wonder.. what is a cow doing that far back in a cave? I could understand finding some shelter in there, but you'd think it would stay closer to the entrenace rather than wandering off into complete darkness. Then I considered that it fell into the cave, but it didn't seem injured at all, so... :/

Eh, whatever. Like I said, this special caused me to warm up to the ranger concept a bit. A bit being the key words there. And Hinata looked much better than in her debut episode.

The Rocket-dan getting some good screen time was certainly nice, especially the interaction between Masato and Nyasu. It was so cute when they were bouncing off the computer generated doughnut fragments and clung onto each other. XD
    ~

Not enough time has been spent on the climactic fight with Deoxys IMO. I realize that Deoxys wasn't at full strength, but Ash's Pokemon were still great. Sceptile was its usual badass self, what with that point-blank-range Solarbeam.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    The fact that it had essentially the same plot as the fourth movie, and that horrible imposter of a Cycling Road pretty much ruined it for me. That and I'm not too fond of the whole ranger idea, although this special helped that to some degree.
    In addition, a Pokemon like Celebi deserves better than to be treated no differently from your average Pokemon of the Day, falling victim to a typical TR trap that wasn't even that great and saving the day at the end. It was disappointing to say the least, considering how you would generally expect an episode centered around a legendary to at least differentiate itself from the norm. Not to mention the animation was pretty poor. Basically, the episode was nothing more than a dull Ranger plug, with little substance elsewhere.

And yeah, I wanted to see more of Sceptile pwning the hell out of Deoxys. At least knock the thing down a notch with Leaf Blade.

People likely noticed already, but just in case, basically all the music in this ep was ripped out of Movie 7. Not my favorite soundtrack, but its use was to be expected. (This is not the first time they've used these tracks in the anime, BTW)
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 18th April 2006 at 5:06 AM.

Yeah I thought the lack of Leaf Blade was odd, but it only actually got close enough to Deoxys that time it used Solarbeam on it. Bullet Seed was more appropriate those other couple times, since it needed a quick, long-range attack.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast