Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (448)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    In addition, a Pokemon like Celebi deserves better than to be treated no differently from your average Pokemon of the Day, falling victim to a typical TR trap that wasn't even that great and saving the day at the end. It was disappointing to say the least, considering how you would generally expect an episode centered around a legendary to at least differentiate itself from the norm. Not to mention the animation was pretty poor. Basically, the episode was nothing more than a dull Ranger plug, with little substance elsewhere.

And yeah, I wanted to see more of Sceptile pwning the hell out of Deoxys. At least knock the thing down a notch with Leaf Blade.

People likely noticed already, but just in case, basically all the music in this ep was ripped out of Movie 7. Not my favorite soundtrack, but its use was to be expected. (This is not the first time they've used these tracks in the anime, BTW)
    I've only sene the Movie 7 dub - and I liked the music for this episode. Quite good. The episode as a whole wasn't bad, Deoxys' voice was freaky as hell, scared me.

End of post.

Watched the Deoxys episode.

My only positive observation for Team Rocket in this episode was that they did not betray Ash's group trust.

I mean they did not do the stupid thing of attempting to capture Deoxys once the crisis was settled.

I recall in few past episodes when TR (either by convenience or could possibly by altruism?) helped Ash and the others to overcome certain problems, but once it was settled instantaneously switched back to their sneaky ways.

Plus is another episode where TR do not 'blast off' for a change.

Another eppy I'm looking forward to seeing.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Well, the new American name for this episode is...

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!

That's right, for the first time since Pokémon I Choose You!, an episode title has been a direct translation.

And people say PUSA's doing a bad job...

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Seen the first part of this last title and I'm enjoying it so far plus I like Hinata's japanese voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaru390 View Post
    Well, the new American name for this episode is...

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!

That's right, for the first time since Pokémon I Choose You!, an episode title has been a direct translation.

And people say PUSA's doing a bad job...
    I think that the last time a japanese title remained the same for the dub was NOT "Pokemon I Choose You" but I think it was "Clefairy/Pipi and the Moon Stone."

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

I don't count that, since the name has to be translated.

Even so, the first time since season 1.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Only one day away.

Okay so I decided to watch in in English since I didnt really understand it when I watched it in Japanese.

Now tell me - was the story really about how Deoxys was cold and lonely in the original?

I still dont like Ash's voice...>>; - Solana's voice is good I guess.

~Scott;229
    Last edited by MidnightScott; 28th October 2006 at 11:13 PM.

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Solana? I watched the episode with my mom in the same room. We both thought she said "Salami" when she introduced herself. They could have done much better.

I heard Soul-lawna...your TV must suck or your station may be fuzzy.

Her name is Solana in the Pokémon Ranget game do out this coming Monday in the US, and the Male's name is Lunick. (Solar & Lunar, get it...?)

~Scott

Darn, I missed this Deoxys show. I just overslept until few minutes after 6. Any chance there will be rerun of this show on CN?

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Destiny (X-Box 360 S)

Well, they tend to do specials/moives abuse, so I'm sure they will.

I thought it was preatty good, still getting used to the voices, but really good nontheless.

And I learned something!

Then again, I guess thats what you get from an episode involving 4 different animation directors.
    Too many cooks spoiling the broth, eh? Speaking of bad food sayings, am I the only one who caught the chef comments Meowth made as they were following the twerps? Guess it's because I love the Food Network.

Great two-parter. As much as I love Celebi, Celana's second appearance owned. I liked how they tied this to "Destiny Deoxys", that was a cool movie when I first watched it(of course, now that Munchlax and Metagross have been shown in mainstream, the whole charm wore off - but at least I have something to watch with my future nephews and nieces in the future ).

I bet Cybercubed's already made the rant about Celana's short shorts, he's PO'd about Hikari's clothes, which are the same way.

I liked them showing Deoxys' speed form and the meteorite nearly killing everyone. Extreme danger, my *****!

This two-parter gets a ten out of ten. The only problem I see is that they aired it early. Had they aired it next week, it would have made sense.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I'm gonna miss this episode when it finally airs here since I have to be somewhere, so I'd appreciate it if anyone would answer me two questions:

A) Did they keep the reference to LaRousse City from Movie 7?
    B) DID THEY KEEP THE MOVIE 7 MUSIC?

(Oh yeah, I know I've driven it into the ground at this point, but Hinata's smexy because she's a heartless b**** who uses mind-control on random Pokemon to do her bidding.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Her name is Solana...

"Soul-lawnuh"

Too bad though - we probably won't see her ever again >_>; ~ unless they make a special episode featuring her in Fiore or something. (Well, you can play as her in Pokémon Ranger anyhow)

Yes - they kept some of the movie 7 music and the reference to LaRousse City...but Ash & Co seemed to have forgotten the events ~ or maybe they didn't know Deoxys came to Earth 10 years ago, lol.

Knowing Cartoon Network (they showed Movie 7 like 2 or 3 weeks ago) - they will probably show this special again sometime soon. It'll probably be released on DVD Eventually since it's 45 Minutes long just about.

~Scott
    Last edited by MidnightScott; 28th October 2006 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightScott View Post
    Okay so I decided to watch in in English since I didnt really understand it when I watched it in Japanese.

Now tell me - was the story really about how Deoxys was cold and lonely in the original?

I still dont like Ash's voice...>>; - Solana's voice is good I guess.

~Scott;229
    Yes, Deoxys was always emo.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightScott View Post
    Yes - they kept some of the movie 7 music and the reference to LaRousse City...but Ash & Co seemed to have forgotten the events ~ or maybe they didn't know Deoxys came to Earth 10 years ago, lol.

~Scott
    Okay, thanks. I'm glad those were kept in, as I was hoping they would make an exception to the dumb music edits since this is a "special" and all. besides, the audio was the main thing I liked about this episode in the first place. (Well...that and Hinata's hawt cold-hearted mind-control techniques)
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 28th October 2006 at 11:36 PM.

NO! I missed it. I totally forgot it was on today!

I liked seeing Dexoys and Hinata again would be nice if she had her own show.

This episode was pretty good. It was good to see Deoxys again as well as hearing the reference to Movie 7. The Boss Fantasy was ok. I thought it was funny when Mime Jr was crying with TR over Meowth. It was great to see Deoxys recover.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I notice a lot of you are saying
    "There was a reference to mivie 7"

What a lot of you aren't saying is
    "Ash & co. didn't seem to remember ever being in larousse city."

And thats what I'll say. If i remember correctly, teh poke ranger said that the incident happend in larousse city 10 years ago or something like that. but i don't think i heard correctly. she might have said the meteor hit 10 years ago then the thing happened but im not sure.

Some things were hard to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPP wifi chat
    [23:34]<Bitsy100> just like bleach > naruto
    [23:34] <WiFiGuest8271> haha gay naruto and anime is gay besides pokemon

Okay, I was able to catch 45 minutes of it before my mom came in the room and yelled at me and told me to leave.

I thought it was kinda bizarre how almost all the Movie 7 BGM was cut in the first half of the special, but almost all of it was kept in for the second half.

Poor Max. This is his only true spotlight episode in all of Battle Frontier.

Well this was an okay special (it's a hell of a lot better than that Mirage special). Seeing as though I wasn't too fond of the 7th movie and I hate Max with a passion, this was pretty good. It was nice to hear that Professor Lund was mentioned and some parts of the 7th movie were mentioned.

God damn, three new episodes today and 2 out of 3 times I gotta feel sorry for something!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

This was pretty good... But I'm with everyone else who was like, WTF when they didn't remember ANYTHING about being in LaRousse City.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast