Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (448)

I enjoyed this special. It was good that Max got a little spotlight in this. I loved when he would get teary eyed when Deoxys was telling him what he felt.

Oh, how Deoxys used Meowth to talk, I loved how they did that. And it was funny when Team Rocket was crying over Meowth, asking the Twerps to help them. x3

Oh I know, I was like that too. They didn't remember anything from being in LaRousse City. I think it was Nurse Joy who said "This wasn't the first time Deoxys shows up. It showed up before at LaRousse City." And then they were all like "Woooah."

But anyways, this was a very great special. I wish I recorded it. Damn. >[

I like how Team Rocket MAYBE hinted that Solana would get her own show when she captured the Miltank, they were like "Man she's good enough to have her own show!"

Deoxy's "voice" (not Meowth-Talking, the incomprehendable one) freaked the heck out of me! I was like, woah...... Thank God I did record it though, because I really liked this episode. What was a Miltank doing in a cave anyway?

EDIT: OH YEAH! How the hell did Sceptile get it's powers back? I mean, that same day it lost its power, and it doesn't regain them until the Battle Palace...it was WEIRD.

OFF-TOPIC: Ok, so I have Pokemon Battle Frontier set to record the entire season, so if I miss an episode, I can go back and watch them. I have a STRONG feeling that An Olden Pond and Tactics Theatrics did NOT play in my area! Did this happen to anyone else?

~*~Made by Me~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Lishus13 View Post
    EDIT: OH YEAH! How the hell did Sceptile get it's powers back? I mean, that same day it lost its power, and it doesn't regain them until the Battle Palace...it was WEIRD.
    It's well-known that this episode was aired out of order.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Oh...whoops. Yeah that seems right. First on an island, thenon their way to Pewter City? I'm losing it.

Anyway, I found it cool how the Swablu and Altaria use Geomagnetic Waves to fly!

~*~Made by Me~*~

Quote Originally Posted by mandikitty View Post
    Oh I know, I was like that too. They didn't remember anything from being in LaRousse City. I think it was Nurse Joy who said "This wasn't the first time Deoxys shows up. It showed up before at LaRousse City." And then they were all like "Woooah."
    Well i finally saw it. And for that quote, I entirely blame on the PUSA writers. Why? Well, i think that DD was written by 4Kids(im not sure okay "i think"). Seeing as how this series(and this special) was made by PUSA, I can only guess that they may not really have thought it necessary to include those recollections because they themselves(the writers) may not have seen the 7th movie. This also reminds me of "May's Eggcelent Adventure" where they act as if they have never seen Pokemon eggs before. Though, why is it that the only legendary they seem to have remembered is Lugia. THE ONLY ONE!!(Though it's easier with the fact that it's my favorite)

The special was pretty cool. I laughed at the remark James said after Solona had explained something in that cave. He said: "She should get her own show!" That was priceless. Though I wasnt sure why Meowth could simply translate everything Deoxys said, right up until he said he couldnt understand himself. Also, seeing the Speed form for the first time makes Deoxys really cool, looks even better than Attack form. Though why couldnt Solona have caught it while in Attack form, I mean technically besides being somewhat more powerful, Attack and Normal form are pretty much the same thing.

Also, why did they have to air the special now? Now everyone's been spoiled to a few things, like Sceptile learning Solarbeam, and Brock not carrying Bonsly with him anymore(unless I missed something). Not a bad thing, but it questions people who are watching this aswell as showing them things not meant to happen for at least 4 more episodes.

Overall though, a pretty good special.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightScott View Post
    Now tell me - was the story really about how Deoxys was cold and lonely in the original?
    Basically, yeah. Although it's been over half a year since I last saw it, so there may have been more to it. (But I doubt that)

aw, deoxys didnt make that robot sound it did in the seventh movie

Unfortunately I missed this episode due to my cousin coming to my house that day. Oh well, maybe they'll show it again...
    Mew through the ages...

PM me if you want to be friends!!!
    Fans of Sneasel or Weavile? Join the:
    Weavile and Sneasel Club

I think deoxys voice was AMAZING. o_o

It gave me the creeps, and just how deoxys is supposed to sound in my mind.
    I loved this episode.

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

you know, as annoying as Cartoon Network's ads that take up a third of the screen can be, there's something funny about watching Pokemon and having an advertisement for Hellboy come up. XD Have the standards for "the very, very bad place with the name that dare not be uttered around innocent Christian children" really changed this much over the years?

And is it just me, or did Deoxys keep its Japanese voice? It's funny, because even though Deoxys's dialogue is mostly garbled up, you start to hear him a bit more clearly later on, and by retaining the voice would mean you could actually hear a few Japanese phrases slip into the English dub. I swear, at the end I thought I heard him say "Mata aou ne!" to Max, just as he did to Masato in the original.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    you know, as annoying as Cartoon Network's ads that take up a third of the screen can be, there's something funny about watching Pokemon and having an advertisement for Hellboy come up. XD Have the standards for "the very, very bad place with the name that dare not be uttered around innocent Christian children" really changed this much over the years?
    you found that funny to? that was kinda funny that they did that.

as far as the special goes, it was ok but the one small problem i had with it is that in the dub i was sort of expecting more of the origonal music to be kept, but it almost felt at the begining like they were playing the kids game and swiching between music every 15 seconds! but thats just me, mabey the rest of you didn't mind

I was on holiday when it aired and actually i never looked at the pics and stuff until now.... i really found it interesting. It was an interesting, long episode and it didn't need to much action to do so. Deoxys having a fun side was so uplifitng and funny, that with mild action yet an extended plot was a real good combination. I also liked how they kept the episode title. Very good ep overall can't wait until i witness it again!
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

i watched it on youtube because i missed it on CN. it was actually pretty good. but i can't tell, was hinata's english name Slana? i need it for my sig

Sorry, but it was Solana. As in Solar (Sun) and Lunar (Moon) As found in Lunick

~*~Made by Me~*~

nice special episode

[

The new voice are retarded i hate them.

I have all the Frontier Gold Symbols

Friend Code: Ash: 4811 5930 1227

Deoxys' voice was cool, and I think the episode was good.
    Postcount +1

Yes, Deoxys keeps is original voice. I think a few English words/phrases were mixed in a little (not sure), but yes, some Japanese is slipped. Also, Miltank keeps its original voice.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

This epidsode was pretty cool with Sceptile doing its solarbeam on the Deoxys! But I wonder why the they showed this episode before Sceptile had learnt how to use its moves again...But yeah thats ok I guess...kind of boring in my point of view 7/10.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

The episode was being aired early to promote the release of Pokemon Ranger for the DS.

As for the 45min episode itself, i'd say it was pretty good. This is where I first decided that Sarah Natochenny was finally getting all the emotional tones on Ash which is good in its own right. Deoxys is really the highlight of the episode. We finally get another episode where Max is the star. As usual, Meowth is the translator of the diolag, but not in a way he'd expect it. To me, both versions of Deoxys controlled Meowth are about the same voice wise. Lol at Brock trying to win Solona's heart again. Good thing Max and the others were able to help Deoxys. This is also the first episode where the new Meowth has to mention one of his "What the boss will say" ideas, and personally, I think that's better put in the hands of the original Meowth (Maddie). I won't go any further on the voicing since that belongs elsewere.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Quote from the dub:

Ranger: According to a report submitted by Professor Lun, who was reasearching Deoxys at the time, Deoxys came here on a meteorite.
    Nurse Joy: Ten years ago, a meteorite crash landed somwhere in the mountains.
    ::Shows crash landing film into the mountains::

Notice, they are near Pewter City. Pewter City is near Mt. Moon. Could this be the same meteorite that was the original moon stone that crashed into Mt Moon? It WAS carrying a pokemon from space. (Just like Seymour said during the "Clefairy and the Moon Stone".)
    hi there!

Well, it's said that Deoxys' meteorite landed ten years ago, right?

I seemed to get the impression that the Moon Stone was ancient. So, I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross View Post
    The new voice are retarded i hate them.
    Soluna's (Hinata's dub name) voice wasn't too bad. It kinda suited her.

Bah I missed this somehow in the UK.

They showed "Second Time's The Charm" last week, then right after showed the Ties that Bind (I think that's the title), in other words a repeat. So I figured, oh "this is the stopping point" and didn't watch anymore.

What day and time did they show this episode (it's an hour/40min long isn't it?), and they havent showed any other ep after the one I said, have they? I'd ask in the Battle Frontier topic I made but, that means double posting.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/kdshlh.jpg[/IMG]
    | Fifth Voyager | Team Rocket Gallery | Youtube Channel |

I am sorry if this counts as bumping, but is there a part 2?

Because this episode just aired in Australia (Yes, JUST aired like this morning), and on the title screen it said it was part 1, and then at the end, it showed Meowth, Max and Deoxy floating up into the air before going to "To be Contiuned", I don't know if this means we will see the second part on Monday (Which stuffs up my calcuations about when the final episode of the Battle Frointer finishes, maybe we will see Sinnoh after August 10th?) or what, but by the sounds of the posts, you guys had a 45mins special, while we only had the original half an hour of Pokemon, not an extra half an hour....Unless Pokemon was to be contiuned at 7:30..Which let's hope not...
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast