Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could He Really... (a contestshippy!!!)

Spoiler:- PM LIST:

Finally, my first contestshipping fic!!! I'll have the first chapter edited into this post when I finish it, I think it's good, but if you're of a different opinion, OK.
    Here, so you don't go insane- a spoiler...

Spoiler:

~Kitteh

Ha! I finished the prologue! XD. At the end of this one I'll put a spoiler for chapter one. o.O. Here it is: But be warned, rated PG-13 for minor language.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Could He Really... (My first Contestshippy!!!)
    Prologue: The First Contest (3 months ago)

May Maple strode through the contest hall, saying hi to the coordinators she knew, and introducing herself to the ones she didn’t know. She knew she had to go up for her appeal next, so the brown haired, blue eyed girl stepped onto the stage, straightening her red and black zip-up shirt over her black biker shorts.

May didn’t know what she was going to do for her appeal, so she made it up in her head as she went along. Yet she did know what Pokemon she was using.

“Go, Mudkip!!” May cried, sending out the small, blue skinned, orange eyed mud fish Pokemon, who cried, “Mud, Mudkip!”

“Mudkip, earthquake, and then use surf!” May cried. Mudkip obliged, and the earthquake broke the surf up into tiny droplets, sending them all over the room.

“Finish up with our new combo! Surf and then blast it with a hyper beam!!” May yelled, twirling with excitement. Their new combo was one they had recently learned, when they had finally found out they wanted to do contests and not become the Pokemon Master.

Mudkip grinned to itself as he prepared the attack, sending up the wave of water and then blasting it to bits with a well-aimed beam of flashing red and yellow dots.

“Oh!” The judges cried in unison as water blasted all over the room once more.

The first judge sighed, “I have to be honest- that was quite a show, but using surf twice in a row, that lowers your score to an 8.5.” The second judge wasn’t as harsh, giving the Pokemon-Coordinator duo a 9.7, and the final judge gave them a 10 for such originality, giving May a total score of 28.2, which in her eyes- but then again, May is a blockhead-was a horrible score.

“Next up, we have Drew!” The announcer called.

Drew couldn’t help but turn his head to follow the brown-haired, sapphire-eyed girl Coordinator as she walked off the stage, beaming. Drew could see past the smile and tell that the girl was disappointed, then right as she walked by, he hissed, “Meet me by the edge of the stage when I’m done.”

The girl looked around for a second, then whispered, “Me?”

“Yeah, you!” Drew said, walking up on stage.

“Go, Roselia!” He called, releasing the rose-petal Pokemon. “Start things off with petal dance, followed by razor leaf!”

The rose Pokemon sent out the colorful pink petals in a funnel shape, sending the green leaves in after them, making a colorful green and pink tornado.

“And, give ‘em an appeal they’ll remember- sweet scent, aromatherapy, and blow it around with petal dance!” Drew cried, grinning. “Rose, Roselia!” His rose Pokemon agreed, blowing the sweet aromas around the room.

The judges smiled their approval, giving him a 9, 9.5, and then a 10, giving him a score of 28.5. Drew bowed and walked off the stage, meeting the girl by the corner.

“Walk with me.” He said briskly. The girl walked beside him as he walked towards the Coordinator’s lounge.

“So… how do you think your score was bad? You actually got a very good score.” Drew said, “I’m Drew, by the way. Drew Maine.”

“May. May Maple.” May replied, shaking his hand, “You’re Pokemon are excellent.”

“As are yours.” Drew responded, smiling.

Bren watched Drew and May from a distance. This would make an excellent story for the paper. “Sparks Fly Between Legendary Coordinators” She thought, grinning, the story already forming in her head.

“So, when he went up to appeal, he literally shoved me off the stage! I know, not very nice of him, but my God…” May laughed. She and Drew had surpassed talking about their performances and talking about their personal lives and things about past contests, old crushes.

“That wasn’t very nice.” Drew said. Deep down, he felt like he knew May from somewhere, they had been talking for nearly an hour before everyone finished appealing.

“And our finalists are- May, Drew, Harley, and Ana!” The announcer cried, “First battle is between May and Ana!”

May stepped onto the stage, Ana, a blonde haired, brown eyed girl in a school-girl’s uniform, across from her.

“Go, Mudkip!” May cried, and Ana retaliated with, “Go, Abra!”

“Mudkip, earthquake!” May ordered, confident in her abilities. Ana’s face fell as the attack was launched and her Abra was blasted off the ground. Ana had heard about May and her level seventy-eight Mudkip, and had tried to raise her Abra to that level, but had only gotten him to level forty-seven before the contest.

Ana caught her Abra, who had swirls in his eyes. “Good match!” Ana cried, eager to shake her heroine’s hand. Her wish was granted, and she ran off stage squealing.

“The next match will be between Harley and Drew!” Came the announcer’s voice.

A man in a Cacturne costume took the stage across from Drew. Impatient, Drew ran a hand through his floppy green hair, eyes filled with confusion on why anyone would wear a Cacturne costume.

“Go, Cacturne!” Harley cried, and Drew sent out his Roselia.

“Roselia, petal dance!” Drew called, impatient. Roselia sent out the colorful petals and slammed them into Cacturne, who flew back into his trainer from the force of the attack. While Cacturne got back up, Harley did not.

Drew’s eyes went wide- he couldn’t believe he had hurt another human being, even if it wasn’t his fault. Drew ran over to join the medical crew, asking, “Is he all right? I swear, I didn’t mean to do that! I swear!”

Drew was panicking- he had never been in this type of situation before, where he had actually injured someone.

“He’ll be fine. He just has to go to the hospital to get checked over.” A judge, Nurse Joy, said kindly. Drew was shaking like a leaf, eyes wide in horror.

“We will postpone the match between Drew and May until tomorrow due to an accident.” Said the announcer.

Suddenly May was beside him. “Drew… I know you didn’t mean to do that. I believe you.” She said softly.

Harley was starting to be loaded onto a stretcher when he returned to consciousness, and yelled at Drew, “I’ll get you!! I’ll get you for that! Cacturne, grab the girl and make a break for it!”

“Cac, Cacturne!” The cactus-like Pokemon cried, grabbing May. It carried the struggling girl out of the contest hall, running for the trees to get out of the sun.

“Damn it, put me down!!” May screamed, trying to reach her belt. She touched the top of one of her Pokeballs with a fingertip, but that was as close as she got. As far as she could tell, no one was chasing the Cacturne, and she was right.

A man in a Cacturne costume burst into the clearing ahead of them. It was Harley.

“Use poison sting on her, then use your needle arm to pin her to the tree.” He ordered.

May cried, “You can’t do this! You can’t do something like this to another human being. You’re a monster!”

“A monster, eh? Hit her with all the attacks- save for the defense ones and stuff- you know! NOW!!!” Harley said, giggling.

As attack after attack hit her, May’s mind teetered on the brink of unconsciousness. She felt something heavy hit her head, saw her life flash before her eyes, and saw Drew running into the clearing. Then she saw nothing but the black void that possibly signified death.

~~~~~~~~~
    I'm starting a PM list, let me know if you want to be on it. Tell me what you think, tell me if you think of ways to make it better. (Also, I'm not really into Pokemon all that much, it's just fun to write stories involving them, so I had lots of trouble with last names, so most of them I made up.)I had fun writing this one... It's fun to write evil scenes involving Harley... as promised, here's the spoiler for Chapter One...

Chapter One: The hospital (3 months later)
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by ~!Mudkip Kitteh!~; 1st January 2007 at 10:16 AM.

You could delete one of your posts and put them into one.

Don't post a thread until you've got the chapter actually done, please. Though the spoiler is exciting. ^_^
    My tumblr or something: x

Quote Originally Posted by Ratiosu381
    You could delete one of your posts and put them into one.
    OK. I did that.
    Last edited by ~!Mudkip Kitteh!~; 14th April 2006 at 2:35 PM.

Your spoiler...makes me can't wait! -jumps up and down-

As for deleting, you click Edit,then click Go Advance, and then, you will go to a page and it gives you the choice to delete.
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

Quote Originally Posted by May_Beautifly
    Your spoiler...makes me can't wait! -jumps up and down-
    I'll have the chapter up today.... I stayed home from school sick, so I've been working on it like mad.

Three months???!!! What will happen to the match between May and Drew? Three months???!!! May has to earn ribbons! THREE MONTHS???!!! -calms down- So...this is Drew's first time meeting May? But...Drew thought he had saw her before...Anyway...good chapter? Well, I didn't really like the ending. But still, why did Harley want to aim for May and not Drew? Why am I full of questions? XD Just ignore them.

Three months???!!! What will happen to the match between May and Drew? Three months???!!! May has to earn ribbons! THREE MONTHS???!!! -calms down- So...this is Drew's first time meeting May? But...Drew thought he had saw her before...Anyway...good chapter? Well, I didn't really like the ending. But still, why did Harley want to aim for May and not Drew? Why am I full of questions? XD Just ignore them.
    Ok... I'll try to answer your questions-1. Three months- I know. But Harley did nearly kill May, so that left her in the black void of a coma for awhile. 2.The match between Drew and May has been postponed, did you read the spoiler, or the title of the next chapter?? 3. I know May has to earn ribbons, but it's my story, so... -sticks out tongue- lol. Anyways... 4. No, not Drew's first time meeting May, this is kind of a follow-up of my other story. You'll see where he knows her from later on. 5. Harley aimed for May because... I guess in this story I got him to be able to tell when someone likes someone else, and what better way to lower Drew's defenses than hurt someone close to his heart? XD Hope those answers are suitable. Chapter One will be up soon.

I didn't expect you to answer them...but you did XD Oh, so you mean your other story, the Coincidence or Destiny? You said it would be contestshippy later on...and I'm definately going to read that.

I didn't expect you to answer them...but you did XD Oh, so you mean your other story, the Coincidence or Destiny? You said it would be contestshippy later on...and I'm definately going to read that.
    Yes, it will get very contestshippy later on. If you want a spoiler for that one... wait, I don't even have that chapter up yet! Anyways... (This is the last paragraph from the epilogue, which is going to be up on my Coincidence or Destiny? soon. I know, that story's short, but oh well. Only eleven chapters... that's including the epilogue.)

Spoiler:

Also... I will be throwing in some new Pokemon later on!! And a new place!Here's a list:
    Zhini Region: (Zy-KNEE) All contests, no gyms, this is the perfect place for Coordinators! There are Pokemon native to only the Zhini Region, as well as some from Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto. Home to the legendary Coordinator Micheala, and to the legendary Pokemon Phietu.

Phietu (Phy-TWO) Two headed water fish (Psychic/Water)
    This psychic-water Pokemon lays lazily at the bottom of the ocean. If disturbed, they will attack.
    Liermene (Leer-MEANIE) Tiny poison fish (Water/Poison)
    This water-poison Pokemon lies in wait for its prey at the bottom of a river, but are naturally found near waterfalls.
    Wailink (Whale-LINK) Crying chain (Steel)
    This steel Pokemon is made up of chain links and is known to be easily overlooked.
    Chainlink (CHAIN-link) Fence chain (Steel)
    Evolve form of Wailink, this Pokemon resembles a walking fence.
    Rocheeta (Ro-CHEETAH) Camoflauge Cat (Grass)
    This grass-cat Pokemon is unique to the Zhini region. When in danger it can transform to look like what's around it, or it runs away at high speeds.
    Flieton (FLY-ton) Silent wing (Dragon)
    This dragon Pokemon resembles a Flygon, but their wings are a stormy gray and it evolves from Rocheeta.
    Narcadia (Nar-CAD-ia)(Cad rhymes with rad) Bug Cat
    This wily beast is well known for attacking humans without reason. Be careful of their spiky tails.
    ~~~~~~~~
    And there you go. XD
    Last edited by ~!Mudkip Kitteh!~; 14th April 2006 at 5:08 PM.

Flieton sounds...so cool! Well, I like Flygon so I will definately like Flieton. And Rocheeta can...transform into anything that's around it? Wow... Now I'm wishing that my game had these Pokémon

Flieton sounds...so cool! Well, I like Flygon so I will definately like Flieton. And Rocheeta can...transform into anything that's around it? Wow... Now I'm wishing that my game had these Pokémon
    Well, I made those Pokemon (and the region!) up in my head, so they don't really exist. I might be uploading pics of them, and I'm nearly finished with the next couple of chapters. (After you read my Coincidence or Destiny? you can really see how this story ties in with that as a sequel)
    And here's Chapter One!!! (Spoiler for chapter two at the end)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter One: The Hospital (3 months later)

It seemed to May like she was floating on a cloud, in a misty gray abyss. Sometimes she saw a lone figure with green hair and green eyes in front of her, but if she tried to get close, he faded away. May wondered who the boy was, and also why he looked so familiar, like she knew him from somewhere.

Drew sat on the edge of May's hospital bed, gripping her hands. It had been nearly three months since Harley had nearly killed her, and May still hadn't woken. Drew was starting to lose hope that he'd ever get to see May's eyes, her pretty blue eyes, bright with life, or ever see her smile at him again. "Damn Harley, damn Harley for what he did to May." Drew thought, standing and punching a nearby wall.

He heard a fluttering breath behind him, then a small, tentative voice, “May?” Drew whirled around, his mess of green hair getting in his eyes.

May’s eyelids were flickering. But that was all. May’s little brother Max and May’s old friends Ash and Brock were standing there, Max beside his sister, crying, “I’m sorry I couldn’t get here sooner… Please be okay, May!” Ash and Brock were standing in the doorway. They nodded tersely at Drew.

“Hi.” He said back, before plopping onto the floor, where he once again told himself, “This is all my fault. If I hadn’t accidentally hurt Harley, maybe May wouldn’t be in this place where all the doctors are quacks.”

Max glanced at him, anger and hatred burning in his eyes. “This is your fault?! Your fault that my sister nearly died?” He roared pretty loud for someone so small.

Drew growled and said, “If I could go back, if I could go back and fix what happened, believe me, little man, I would. I want to murder Harley for what he did to May. You know how scary that was for me, chasing Harley into that clearing and seeing his Cacturne make mincemeat of May? Huh? And where were you? Running over half the globe trying to become the Pokemon Master. Not even bothering to call your sister and tell her what was up, or to find out if she was okay. Think about that before you accuse someone like that.”

Shocked looks had crept across Ash and Brock’s faces as Drew stormed out of the room, cursing under his breath.

Max ducked past Ash and Brock, running after Drew. “Wait, Drew, I’m sorry!” He yelled, coming to a halt. Drew stood still against a wall, shoulders shaking as he slid to the ground, tears running down his face.

“Damn Harley. Damn him.” He choked out past his sobs, burying his head in his hands.

“Drew…” Max said, touching the boy’s shoulder, “I’m sorry…” Suddenly, Ash came running down the hall.

“May… May woke up.” He told them, gasping for breath. Max went back with Ash, while Drew sat still, trying to calm down.

“May woke up…” Ash’s words echoed in Drew’s head. Ash came back.

“Dude, come on. May’s asking for you.” He told the Coordinator.

“Huh?” Drew said, looking up. Ash winced. Drew’s cheeks were tear-streaked, and his eyes were red and puffy.

“May has been asking for you.” Ash replied slowly, sympathy etched on his face, “Come on!!” Drew stood slowly, regaining his composure, and then muttered, “Tell her I’ll be there in a minute.”

Drew walked down the hall to the nearest restroom, and splashed his face with cold water from the sink. He leaned against the counter, examining his face in the mirror. He seemed to have aged at least three years. His eyes had sunken in their sockets, he had a slight stubble, his hair was a mess, and his face had grown pale from hardly ever leaving May’s hospital room.

He sighed audibly, then trudged down the hall to May’s hospital room. “Hey.” He murmured as he walked in, eyes directed to the ground.

“Hi.” Came May’s soft voice.

“Welcome back to the real world, May.” Drew said, attempting a joke. He glanced up, smiling as his eyes met May’s.

“You know… while I was in the coma, I was floating… in a gray abyss, and sometimes, I saw someone who looked like you… Every time I tried to get close, to see who it was, they faded away…” May murmured, a small smile creeping onto her face.

Drew thought, “Why would she think she saw me there??” He gripped May’s hand, smiling down at her.

“Well… uh, I think we’ll leave now. Come on, Max.” Ash said, coughing slightly. Drew dropped May’s hand and looked away, blushing.

May watched her friends leave, then looked at Drew.

“Look… Drew, ever since you saved me, twice now, I might add, there’s something I’ve wanted to tell you.” May started, but just then a nurse burst in.

“The hospital’s on fire!” She yelled, running back out. May’s eyes widened. She tried to stand, but she fell over. She remembered the heat entering the room, making her flannel hospital pajamas stick to her skin, she remembered the feeling of being on fire, then she remembered nothing more.
    ~~~~~~~
    As promised, the spoiler!!!
    Chapter Two: The Aftermath of the Fire
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by ~!Mudkip Kitteh!~; 15th April 2006 at 7:06 PM.

is it just me or is May havin a rly bad year? oh well gr8 chapter lookin forward 2 next 1
    Pokemon Battle Revolution Friend Code:
    4124-5088-5804

If you add me on PBR plz PM me so i can add you aswell

Pokemon Diamond:
    Name: Michael
    Friend Code:1160-0206-3558

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Quote Originally Posted by ash ketchum
    is it just me or is May havin a rly bad year? oh well gr8 chapter lookin forward 2 next 1
    Yes, she is having a really bad year. (This is a sequel to my Coincidence or Destiny? fic, so you have to read that one to really understand this one... o.O) I'll edit Chapter two into this post later.

It's hard to tell why, but i find this fic has a really deep feeling, which is good, i'd really like to see were the fic goes!
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Waker
    It's hard to tell why, but i find this fic has a really deep feeling, which is good, i'd really like to see were the fic goes!
    Thanks, and the next chapter will be up tomorrow!

Aw...the spoiler is KAWAII! I don't think you find it kawaii, but I do. Well, it's not that kawaii but still...
    And good chapter! May now knows that Drew saved her twice.
    And I agree, May is really having a bad year. First...She got to travel with Brendan...(Ok, I didn't want her too)...second, Brendan and Wally died in the cave-in.(Sad...) Then...May turned to a cold heart and lost the sparkle in her eyes(Do I really have to comment?)...Harley then...did that to her..(Bad Harley)...Then...a fire broke out(>.< Someone has to take a fire extinguisher)

Aw...the spoiler is KAWAII! I don't think you find it kawaii, but I do. Well, it's not that kawaii but still...
    And good chapter! May now knows that Drew saved her twice.
    And I agree, May is really having a bad year. First...She got to travel with Brendan...(Ok, I didn't want her too)...second, Brendan and Wally died in the cave-in.(Sad...) Then...May turned to a cold heart and lost the sparkle in her eyes(Do I really have to comment?)...Harley then...did that to her..(Bad Harley)...Then...a fire broke out(>.< Someone has to take a fire extinguisher)
    That's funny. Yeah, I'm feeling very evil for the next chapter... something's gonna happen to Max... and Ash and Brock. XD Oops. Told you too much...

~Kitteh

That's funny. Yeah, I'm feeling very evil for the next chapter... something's gonna happen to Max... and Ash and Brock. XD Oops. Told you too much...
    WAA!!! They are going to be...-guesses- THEY DIDN'T RUN WHEN THE FIRE CAME? They are dead? ;_; WAA!!! Ok...maybe they didn't die...but something bad will happen to them! WAA!!! Ok, I'll stop acting like a baby now. Maybe...Ok, I won't say any more.

WAA!!! They are going to be...-guesses- THEY DIDN'T RUN WHEN THE FIRE CAME? They are dead? ;_; WAA!!! Ok...maybe they didn't die...but something bad will happen to them! WAA!!! Ok, I'll stop acting like a baby now. Maybe...Ok, I won't say any more.
    Not dead, but a familiar trio pops up... o.O

Not dead, but a familiar trio pops up... o.O
    0.o...    Spoiler:
    Wonder what they are going to do...0.o
    They set the hospital on fire?

0.o...    Spoiler:
    Wonder what they are going to do...0.o
    They set the hospital on fire?
    Yep, they set the hospital on fire... sorry my next chap isn't up, I've had two track meets this week, practice every day except today, and homework to boot!! School DEFINETLY gets in an authors way. XD The next chap'll be up sometime before Saturday... Let's say the next chappy's gonna get VERY shippy. It'll go BOOM!!! in shippiness.

~Kitteh

Well i can't wait for the next chapter, you're lucky i like flaming hospitals! yeah good luck with it!
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Waker
    Well i can't wait for the next chapter, you're lucky i like flaming hospitals! yeah good luck with it!
    Thanks, it's nearly done, but it won't be up till I can go to the library and use the computer there, because we have to get a different computer, and everything is being erased and uninstalled, so it'll take a while. Grr.

~Kitteh

i like flaming hospitals!
    You like flaming hospitals? XD

Let's say the next chappy's gonna get VERY shippy. It'll go BOOM!!! in shippiness.
    Um...yay? I can't wait for the next chapter, can't wait to see shippyness. The first few chapters are only

Drew meet May->They talk->Harley gets revenge on Drew by hurting May->Everyone in hospital->next chapter....

No exactly shippyness...:/ But I know the next chapter will be shippy...since you said so XD

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast