Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Pokemon USA releasing episodes so fast

Default Why is Pokemon USA releasing episodes so fast

I am basing this thread off of a comment on Dogasu:

CN, please stop
    November 14th, 2006

So Cartoon Network has updated their schedule to include the premieres of four more episodes in the month of November. Starting November 27th, the network will be airing a new episode a night for four nights. The new titles have been added to the Episode List. Thanks to Duke, once again, for bringing these titles to my attention.

These new titles brings us a total of 31 dubbed titles. When we head into December, we'll only have 21 episodes left in the season. These episodes will have to last us from the first of December until the start of the new season (which will likely be in September). I really wish Cartoon Network would just calm the f_ck down with these premieres. Yes, I know the show is getting you monster ratings. But when you run out of episodes in a month or two because you burned through them too fast, what are you going to do? Will people continue tuning in for the reruns? Will fans' interest remain until the premiere of Season 10? The network's taking a real gamble right now, and I hope it pays off for them.

:::Why is CN (PKUSA) dubbing episodes so fast? We have 9 episodes left of Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation (aka: Battle Frontier) is it like the US is tired of being like 20+ behind Japan?
    DP073: Goodbye, Dokucale!
    DP074: Pikachu! Raichu! The Path to Evolution!!
    DP075: Contest Master Mikuri Enters!!
    DP076: Restaurant Seven Stars! Tag Battle for a Full Course!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    5DS01: Riding Duel! Acceleration!
    5DS02: Power-Insect Deck! Ant Lion Trap

Because they feel like it.

Cartoon Network is airing the episodes fast because they're getting monster ratings from Battle Frontier.

PUSA has no control over CN.

After this season ends we'll have months of repeats. Get used to it.

Yah sadly repeats will happen after this. Hmm maybe they just want to get BF out of the way fast so they can start off with D/P when there ready =/

Pokemon USA has no control over it, I'm sure they're trying to strangle CN too about it, It's just that the people at CN are rating hungry and don't care about anything but the ratings right now.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

CN wants monster ratings and they probably want to get BF over with as soon as possible maybe

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyManafi View Post
    CN wants monster ratings and they probably want to get BF over with as soon as possible maybe
    Why would they want to get it over with as soon as possible?

The D/P games are not coming out in the U.S. for MONTHS yet.

The only reason they're airing so much of BF is because ratings have done so well.

D/p games are going to becoming out and when they do wouldn't they want the pokemon already to be on TV?
    [IMG]http://i2.*******.com/260fyw3.png[/IMG]

PASBL stats
    7Tp
    8Sp
    3Ko's
    2 wins
    1 lose(s)
    B ref
    Le crédit va : John's Knight pour la banničre

Doesn't PUSA dub like 3 episodes in a week? If they do one episode a week it wouldnt be bad. Too bad CN is f*cking that up by airing everything at once. Oh well, I can sit through reruns. I have a life to occupy me.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

well basicly they are just being smart..CN that is. By speeding thru battle frontier they get mayor ratings like everybody else had said...but after that they repeat everything again at a slower pace and still get enough ratings cause not everybody is able to watch every single episode at the pace they'r going at the moment. basicly what CN is trying to do is squeese the Orange Twice to get the most juice out of it. just a simple marketing technique.

Who says they can't?

There's NOTHING that could stop them from airing DP soon.
    This signature is so outdated.

...English names?
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

what?

it's PUSA who makes them. there's NOT a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtoMan View Post
    what?

it's PUSA who makes them. there's NOT a problem with it.
    Actually, Nintendo of America has to translate the games and give everything an Americanized name before PUSA can use those names in the anime.

So, for the millionth time, the DP anime can't start in America until after the DP video games are released. You're gonna have to sit through months of Battle Frontier reruns. Deal with it.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

I still think they will try to syncro the release of the Anime with the games.

Eh, after this week is goes back to the normal "Double-Dipped Saturdays"

No More "Ash Monday" through "Pikachu Thursday"...darn...I kinda liked this pace.

~*~Made by Me~*~

They don't want us to see Perap yet. D= Well... Maybe D/P will be released in march... so CN is aring BF sooner so they will be ready for D/P? I confused myself...
    Don't kiss my eye!'

That ain't Lugia...

Fav Sinnoh Pokemon:

Having numerous reruns was always normal....for any anime. It's part of their routine, get use to it.

Credit goes to Scizor Master

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    PUSA has no control over CN.
    But why is that? Is it in their contract that PUSA has to dub as many episodes as they can and throw them in CN's face, or couldn't they just slow down themselves instead of expecting CN to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post
    So, for the millionth time, the DP anime can't start in America until after the DP video games are released. You're gonna have to sit through months of Battle Frontier reruns. Deal with it.
    But if they can release the DP video games in a few months, then does that mean they can start airing DP episodes long before September?

To think, people were mad when KidsWB aired two episodes a week. At least they aired reruns every few months. It seems CN is gonna finish or get dangerously close to finishing the season, early 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    But why is that? Is it in their contract that PUSA has to dub as many episodes as they can and throw them in CN's face, or couldn't they just slow down themselves instead of expecting CN to?
    CN ordered a 52 episode season. PUSA gives them the eps as soon as they're dubbed. It's CN's responsibility from there how they program CN's schedule.

If CN wants to blow through a season in under 4 months, then that's what'll happen. We'll just be in for a long wait till the next season.

But if they can release the DP video games in a few months, then does that mean they can start airing DP episodes long before September?
    The first 5 eps of D/P are actually part of Season 9, so we may see those way before September.

To think, people were mad when KidsWB aired two episodes a week. At least they aired reruns every few months.
    There were also obnoxious people who wanted May and Contests to die out after Hoenn end, (like you), but obviously that didn't happen and they were brought back for Battle Frontier. Likewise, Contests continue in D/P.

There are always strange things happening in the Pokemon fandom, to the people that spent the AG era throwing pity whinefests about their precious Misty being gone and they couldn't even figure out why Contests were introduced until the saga ended, to the whinfest about the new voice actors and whinefests about how we'll have to sit through months of repeats because of CN. (although the latter is very understandable).

People get mad because of stupid things in the fandom, and at least KidsWb didn't blow through seasons too fast.

To be honest, I hope they give reruns! I missed a few episodes last week, thinking that I could catch them on Saturday, and I ended up sleeping past the last Saturday episodes.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    There were also obnoxious people who wanted May and Contests to die out after Hoenn end, (like you),
    Lol, never woulda thought you'd remember that. But you remember everything that concerns May and Contests.
    Last edited by Kamex; 17th December 2006 at 9:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    Lol, never woulda thought you'd remember that. But you remember everything that concerns May and Contests. :rollseyes:
    I remember all the obscenities mentioned on these forums over the years. I never forget anything, hell, I remember stuff posted here from freakin' 2004 even.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post
    Actually, Nintendo of America has to translate the games and give everything an Americanized name before PUSA can use those names in the anime.

PUSA = NoA. Deal with it.

And yes, DP1 and some others are part of "BF" season.

And yes, there's possibility of reruns, but hey it's Cartoon Network, not Pokemon Network. And don't forget that new season of Power Rangers starts @ February xD

I can gaurentee you guys it will stop when we get to the Perap episode. NoA will get into some legal action because they dont want its US name revealed yet.

Or, they could just skip it.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast