Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AG 173: Sudowoodo! The Legend of Gold! speculation thread

Default AG 173: Sudowoodo! The Legend of Gold! speculation thread

The preview is up. Unless the animators are lazy, its not a shiny Sudowoodo because its entire body is gold (like it was painted..or similar to the Crystal Onix). This seems to be a contest of some sort to catch it. Bonsly does meet it. Meowth dresses up like a Sudowoodo.

Shocker...TR tries to steal the golden Sudowoodo with a new robot. Jessie seems to want it bigtime.

Oh, and another CotD.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

dag yo.

this sounds like an old-time Jotho filler, fun

it's not a bad thing, it's a nice change from what the rest of this arc is.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Ehh. I had a feeling that this wasen't going to be that stellar of an ep. TR's new robot looks really weird, and the guy with the green hair looks sort of like Drew's older brother. Other than that, looks like a basic filler.
    Burning Like Baby!

Thanks to Rod for the beyond awesome TC, and Saffire Persian for the sweet banner!

Wow, this episode has excellent animation. I would hate for such good animation to be wasted for a bad episode, so I'm really hoping the plot is pretty good.

It isn't a shiny Sudowoodo, but all golden.

Considering this episode is between the Anabel 2-parter, the Ranger/Deoxys 2-parter, the Harley/Team Rocket alliance ep, and the final Contest this saga, I guess this is our "breather" of sorts between all the major plot stuff.

phoenix12 Guest

dare I say...possible Bonsly evolution? as I see it, in that last emotional scene from the preview clip where the gold Sudowoodo is shielding itself from something (most likely the TR-mecha), Bonsly jumps to rescue, evolves...ha, kidding, of course...but ya never know, this BF arc has been crazy like that
    Last edited by phoenix12; 14th April 2006 at 4:25 AM.

Reminds me of Crystal Onix back in OI. Anyway, looks like some Sudowoodo and Bonsly interaction and a somewhat interesting plot from what I've seen.

Wow, the animation for this episode looks great! Figures that it has to be a filler... oh well. This episode might actually be interesting.

The CotD reminds me of someone, but I can't figure out who. It's bugging me.

"Uso, uso!"
    "Usoha, usoha!"
    "Uso, uso!"
    "Usoha, usoha!"
    etc...
    That was pretty much inevitable. But I won't complain, as there is something oddly amusing about two pokémon staring at each other with blank expressions and passing sylables two and throw.
    This is also the case when seeing a Sudowoodo flee in terror.

The rather weedy looking filler kid obviously has some sort of relationship with it (in other words, he's it's trainer), and I'm guessing he'll end up saving Sudo and thus gaining it's trust/friendship back. In other words, he's going to be the potential drawback for this week's episode! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Alopec
    The CotD reminds me of someone, but I can't figure out who. It's bugging me.
    As said above, he looks like Drew's older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    As said above, he looks like Drew's older brother.
    Maybe, but I don't think that's who he's reminding me of. ^^; It's something else that I can't put my finger on. Just the general style of the character seems familiar.

If I don't get some Sudowoodo licking action in here, there'll be Hell to pay...
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Hay, maybe we can all enjoy the hilarious antics of Takeshi with gold paint on his tongue.
    ~

He looks like the guy from "Exploud and Clear". The guy named Guy.

Looks like they went back to playing Battle Frontier during the preview. Doesn't look like too bad of a filler to me. Looks like there's some sort of hunt for trying to catch the Sudowoodo first. Let's just hope, for the sake of our mental virginity, that we don't have any scenes that involve Brock sexually assaulting Sudowoodo to the ground and licking it.
    (I'm sure someone has the animation somewhere)

EDIT: Dang many people already beat me to it. That's what I get for leaving this page open for 30 minutes to do something else without clicking Reply.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 14th April 2006 at 5:32 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Hay, maybe we can all enjoy the hilarious antics of Takeshi with gold paint on his tongue.
    That is exactly why they needed to use the best team for animating this episode.

If they can find a way to work Wobba in that little conversation I will be overjoyed.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

This Character of the Day has got me confused as well. He reminds of a mix of Drew and that crazy cowboy guy with the Heracross from the Absol filler. Neh?

Anywhays, before I say anything else, I must say this: Golden Sudowoodo makes me giddy 8D
    I mean, look at it! It's shiny, it's sparkly, it looks so smooth and slippery >Insert joke of May x Sudowoodo here<

And let's face it, a Sudowoodo/Bonsy encounter was inevitable. Other than that, it looks like a typical "OMGletzgehtit!" episode, with low-life cowboy people. Ooh, the best of both worlds >.>

Let's wait and see, shall we?

There goes my idea for the episode, with the Sudowoodo like bringing gold to a village and then Ash ect go looking for it.

But this has Crystal Onix written all over it, i'm pretty depressed about the Onix episode though. I mean Brock wasn't there in an Onix episode, god the writters could of made something good with those two :o

On another note Meowth makes a better Wailord :P

Well at least they are showcasing Johto Pokemon, but they are only showing the ones with possible Group evolutions or D/P lines D: Unless Dunsparce gets an D/P baby/evolution I won't except UU Johto's like them to show up ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KC
    He reminds of a mix of Drew and that crazy cowboy guy with the Heracross from the Absol filler. Neh?
    Totally agree.
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 14th April 2006 at 12:05 PM.

Oh no. Team Rocket try to catch it. I wonder what will happen. >>;

Damn, no shiny Sudowoodo, I was looking forward to that. Still, all gold's good too. 0o Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    That's actually the first thing I thought. 0o
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12
    dare I say...possible Bonsly evolution?
    Please no. >>; If that thing evolves before anyone else on the gangs teams, I'll kill someone. Anyway, if they're gonna advertise, it'd be easier keeping it as Bonsly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torky Worky xD
    Dunsparce
    HORJAY! God, I want a Dunsparce filler. Or somebody catches one. 0o Yeah, then it'd get screen time.

So the Sudowoodo is...not shiny? How odd.

All in all, I'm not really bothered about the plot (whereas most of the people here snap at anything that fills), and for once 'tis a Johto Pokemon being showcased. On the other hand though, it's more likely only because the writers want to show the link between Bonsly and Sudowoodo (like anyone wouldn't notice). I'm still wondering if the whole gold colour has anything interesting to add to the plot. The episode could have potential if the gold Sudowoodo wasn't just used as a generic filler Pokemon.

Maybe Pikachu and Swellow pulled that EgodsTehGoldenez! again and Sudowoodo is using Mimic?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

crobatconey/leafeon lunatic Guest

i dont think i will be looking forward to this episode

Geki Guest

When I first heard about this title a while ago I thought Brock's Bonsly was going to evolve into a Sudowoodo, but now I'm thinking it won't. Nonetheless, it looks like a cool episode.

Too bad its not a shiny pokemon but its still cool looking. This ep looks like an interesting filler. Im glad Sudowoodo appears again, its such a funny pokemon. Lets see some more shafted Johto pokemon please?? Ones that actually get battle time, not just random filler appearence. Anyway, Bonsly best not evolve, its so darn cute and proven to be a chick magnet for Brock. Its still drinking from a bottle, i doubt it will evolve any time soon. Well besides being a filler, which i dont mind fillers, it looks like a cool ep.
    Last edited by RaikousThunder; 14th April 2006 at 4:49 PM.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    When I first heard about this title a while ago I thought Brock's Bonsly was going to evolve into a Sudowoodo, but now I'm thinking it won't. Nonetheless, it looks like a cool episode.
    I'm not for crazy evolution speculation, but I urge you to keep an open mind... just remember that anything can happen, so the chance of an evolution for bonsly is still possible.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

He reminds of a mix of Drew and that crazy cowboy guy with the Heracross from the Absol filler. Neh?
    And he also has a bit of Damien in him (that guy with the Charmander back in the 1st season.
    That guy is cute! *_*
    Cant wait to see this episode!!!! CotDs are like one of the only reasons I watch Pokemon anymore

Ugly TR Mech...must...DIE!

A real gold Sudowoodo. I guess it can go right up there with the crystal Onix.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast