Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Every Rose....[PG-13/Contestshipping]

Wink Not Every Rose....[PG-13/Contestshipping]

Wow…I’ve posted my CS song-fic here and it got awesome reviews, so I figured, heh, what the hey…why not post my CS fanfic a little early too? ;D I just want to please all my reviewers. You guys ROCK. Period.

I might start a PM notification List. Wanna be on it? Tell me after you read! Lol :3

Okay, maybe I’m a little cocky. I dunno. >.>; Sometimes a little cockiness is good, you know?

Maybe not. >D I don’t know. Wait I’m rambling aren’t I? You want this story to start, right? Well…not before this:

Disclaimer: Who saw this comin’? You all should’ve. Well, I don’t own Pokemon or anything else of the sort. But anything you don’t notice…I do own!

Here goes nothing!

~Not Every Rose…~
    ~PG-13 Contestshipping Chaptered Fic~

Chapter One: Blind Date

We all know the saying. ‘Every rose has its thorns’. But in my opinion, I think that saying is crap. When a man loves a woman, they usually receive a bouquet of flowers, which are usually roses.

This story is a fable of that. So, my saying to you…is that not every rose has thorns, and I will prove it now.

~::~

A semi large house sat upon the hilltop, the sunrise beams lightly starting to warm the Earth. It was almost unnoticeable, seeing as it was mid-winter. Snow flakes covered the ground, the best snow that could possibly be there. It was perfect for snow forts and snowball fights.

“So…this is it.”

A voice came up from the house, on the second floor. It was a medium sounding voice of a young man. He paced back and forth across the room, continually worrying about something. What that fact was…he wasn’t sure he knew himself. It was all just a blur to him.

The boy was fully dressed, wearing a semi-blue t-shirt with a black light jacket overtop. His jeans were worn at the end, over his tennis shoes. His light green hair lay neatly over his face, even though he had yet to brush it that morning. Verdant green eyes that stared into nothingness across the room, not staring at one thing in particular.

This young man was Drew Bolton. He was almost 21 years old now, his birthday was the next day. He would finally be turning legal in this world. But something was just missing from his life.

He wasn’t sure what. But then again, today was the day he was to have his ‘blind date’. That was what his stomach was tying in knots for. He felt as if this day would be more different then any other. He didn’t quite know why though.

A sudden knock at the door startled the young man, almost causing him to jump out of his skin. He walked over to the door and looked through the peephole and grinned. It was his best friend. His name was Masaki. Drew opened the door and let his friend in. Of course, as always, his friend was a snappy dresser, wearing a flashy light blue shirt with a bright purple jacket. His black dress pants covered his black platform shoes.

Sometimes when Drew would be with Masaki, he couldn’t believe that he was such a good friend. Masaki actually looked like a clown when he dressed up. Again, however, Drew had to hold back a laugh when his friend sat down on the couch in the room.

“Yo, what’s up my man?” Masaki gave him a low five. “Ready for night, dude?”

Drew grinned. “Yeah, you know it. Who’s this girl you’ve got me hooked up with anyway?”

“Oh, man, Drew, she’s a major hottie, I’m telling you.” Masaki waved his hands, fanning himself for emphasis. “You’ll have no problem pulling her in, hook, line and sinker.”

“Yeah…yeah…” Drew commented, walking over to the window that was slightly opened. He stared out into the vast ocean of bright, shimmering snow. He looked over to the coffee table where the bouquet of roses sat that he was going to give his blind date.

Roses…

That word reminded him of someone.

He hadn’t seen her in years…that young coordinator he knew when he was young. Her name…was…May, he believed. He didn’t quite remember. He had retired as a Coordinator shortly after he had won the Ribbon Cup two years before. He hadn’t seen her at any competitions, unless she had changed so much he no longer recognized her.

No. That was impossible. She was unforgettable.

He looked over at Masaki who was bouncing his head to the music coming from his headphones. Drew laughed. May was about as unforgettable as Masaki was with his crazyness.

Well, it didn’t matter to Drew. May was behind him, just a flirt that he had and nothing more. Half of him wished that possibly May still remembered him as he remembered her. She was so beautiful when he was young and he could imagine her now as a young woman.

She would be so gorgeous, and he would able to finally run his fingers through her hair…

He shook his head. That was just all memories. Nothing he could do about it now. He didn’t even know where she lived, much less anything else about her. More than likely, she was with that Ash kid. He remembered him and all his cockiness. He smirked. Yeah, Ash would be a good one for May to be with. They were a lot alike in their personality and what they liked.

Masaki’s hand appeared on Drew’s shoulder. “Come on, dude. We gotta go if you’re going to meet the girl there.”

He nodded and grabbed his black coat and walked out of the room with Masaki trailing right behind him.

~::~

A limo pulled right up into an apartment area. Many kids and their pokemon played around together in the playground and in the snow. Drew looked out the window of the limo.

“…To be that young again…” He looked and saw a young girl running with another boy, chasing each other and the girl tripped, scrapping her knee on a root that was sticking out from under the white powder. His heart lurched for her suddenly, hoping she was alright. The little boy bent down to her and said some encouraging words. She stood up and smiled, hugging the boy and they continued to run and play together.

It brought a smile to his face.

“Hey, man!” Masaki lightly slapped his arms, getting Drew’s attention. “Hey…what’s up with you today? You’re all spacing out, dude.”

Drew only shrugged. “Nothing, Masaki. Let’s go.” He opened his door, making sure to grab the roses, and headed up the sidewalk with his friend.

The boy led him to the third floor and the second apartment. Flowers sat outside with a small table with chairs. Masaki knocked on the door and the entrance opened a little, a blue eye appearing.

“Oh, hey, Masaki. Are you here with your friend?” the voice asked. It was high-pitched but very calming. At Masaki’s nod, she smiled and shut the door. The locks from the other side made jiggling sounds until it opened fully.

A young girl stood there, wearing a yellow jacket, buttoned up to the first button. She wore casual jeans and dress sandals. Her hair was pulled back in a bun, the orange hair very straight and almost perfect.

Drew suddenly felt…overdressed.

“Yo, sup, girl?” Masaki gave her five. “I’d like you to meet my main man here. This is Drew Bolton.”

She stuck out her hand to Drew. “Hello, Drew. I’m Masaki’s friend. My name is Misty Waterflower.”

~~~~~***~~~~~

:O Did anyone see that coming? Hope not. ;D Review please!! Also…you see the name I used for Drew’s last name…Bolton and May’s last name is going to be…I dunno. What’s her last name in the anime? @_@

Oh, well, if anyone see anything familiar with later chapters, it’s because I’m obsessed with the Disney Original Movie, ‘High School Musical’ So…yeah xD

~Mimori Kiryu
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

I so did not see that coming. o_o WATERFLOWERSHIPPING!

May doesn't have a last name, @ least I don't think so.

Aww @ Drew's thoughts of May. Cute. ;; I love your writing. Keep going! XD You can add me to the PM list!

I agree with Chelc. Great work there. No errors. Seems a bit short but that's okay. I just really love your fic, Mimori Kiryu. ^^

Add me to the PM list too since I can't keep up with updates. ;; And good luck with the other chapters of this fic. =)

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Misty? How neat, I didn't expect that at all! I thought that unless it was May, it would be some random made-up character... but I'm glad you chose Misty. This will get interesting now. Wonderful idea, I love hearing about Drew when he's older! Can't wait to see May again as well. This is great so far, keep it up! ^^

Prettiful. :3 I loved it. It had the pure tone of CS. I love WS too, so nothing bad there!
    My tumblr or something: x

Shadowcat Guest

It's beautiful. I love both ships.

Now, interesting Mimori. Add me to the PM List if possible.

Great flow, excellent description and nice vocabulary.

Till next time,

Sapphire,

wait, I mean,

Lucy

That was wonderful!

I didn't see any errors. The way how you strung this first chapter together was wonderful and the description was awsome too.

I would like to be added to the PM list please ^_^

~W.A~
    My little twin: Myuuvuirocon (or Mooky for short =3 )

Originally Posted by Myuuvuirocon
    and yea everyone wants to beat him up....that makes me tickle all over=3
    There's a flip side to everything.

Nice Job! I'd like to be on your PM list! Nice descrption! Can't wait to see how May fits in too this story!

-Torchic23

Wow. O_O Seven replies. I feel special <3 I'm glad you all like it. ;3 The next chapter should be out by Monday afternoon. I'll PM you all that gave the notion that you wanted one ;D

Hey can I be on the PM list too?

I love the twist! When will we get to see May? Hehe..

Wow, that was unexpected. At first, when you mentioned the girl's yellow buttoned jacket, Misty was the first thing that came to mind. But then I'm like, "Nah, it couldn't be." >_>;;

I love twists--well, except for ones that are completely random and seemingly misplaced.

Drew seems a bit OOC in this story... Well, mainly around his friend. Aside from that, I wouldn't expect Drew to have such an odd friend; instead no friends at all if anything. Platform shoes? *shudders*

I love this story anyway. =D May I be on the PM list, please?

Lol! I seriously thought it was May, but it was Misty. Great first chap! Could you please put me on the PM list? I'd love to read more! ^.^
    By Me
    Slow Down And Look Around You, Throw Your To-Do List Away. The Clouds Look Like Sheep and Vice-Versa On A Do Nothing Day.

Anyone who's asked to be on the PM list has been added ^_^

;_; I wanted to update today, but I didn't have anytime to type the rest. It will be up tomorrow, I promise. <3

All of you who asked to be PMed will be. ;3

I can't wait then! I got your PM so I will read it when you have it posted but I will be gone for a lot of tomarrow for a Pokemon TCG tournament, I'll be posting soon!

EDIT: I just realized I posted my chapter of my story on the wrong thread. Stupid me. xD

Thanks everyone! ^^ Anyhoo....I take forever to update. :O Oops. I’m sorry, my reviewers. I really need to kick my arse in gear don’t I? Well…anyway, back to the story stuffs…

I decided that May will have the most generic last name in the world. ;D Her last name will be…Taylor. Yesh, it’s generic, but it’s something I can keep up with.

So…without further ado…here’s chapter two. And May’s first appearance. :3

Not Every Rose…
    Chapter Two: Unfortunate Circumstances

A young girl quickly rode her 10-speed bicycle through a busy town, trying to make it to her destination before her legs gave out below her. Her brown, almost cream-colored, hair blew in the wind behind her, the girl having to keep pushing the hair out of her stunning, blue orbs.

She finally saw her target place in the distance. It was just about time for it to start. Again. She finally was able to participate in the grandest event in the Orre Region, a place where she hadn’t ever been before the past few months. It was the first ever Orre Grand Festival.

Wild pokemon weren’t as common in the Orre Region, but now, with years passed, Pokemon now flourished in this region. It brought more trainers, onlookers and coordinators to this bland place. It was now a place of life.

May knew the dangers of this place. She had heard of the dangers of Team Cipher. She had dealt with Team Rocket, so she didn’t think that Team Cipher would make any difference, then with the rumors of the Shadow Pokemon that still lurked in the region…sometimes May doubted herself.

No. She was going to go on and participate in this Festival and have the best time of her life. Her pokemon were ready and she was about to win the Orre Region Grand Festival and win the coveted Sapphire Cup.

May parked her bike in the parking area and went to sign up for the following Grand Festival. She pulled out her ribbons in pride.

Her first ribbon, a beautiful red ribbon with gold trim, had been the Agate Village Ribbon. She had defeated one of her old rivals, by the name of Robert. He had been humble about losing and congratulated her. The second ribbon, decked out with blue strands and a silver crown in the center, was collected in Phenac City. The gym leader there was also a coordinator and she had defeated him. Justy was his name. He had also given her some inspiring words to go as far as she could with her coordinating skills. The third ribbon, a yellow ribbon was wrapped around a purple ribbon in the shape of two stars, was given to her upon winning at the Gateon Port contest and the fourth one was a stunning green ribbon that she received at the Outskirt Stand contest. But the most memorable contest that she had participated in was the final ribbon. The largest one by far that she had ever seen, and definitely the best, considering was pink. She had received it when she had won the Realgam Tower Contest. She had defeated her long time rival, Harley, in the final match.

She could’ve only wished that the one person she wanted to impress the most had been there. May wondered what he was doing now, if he even was a coordinator anymore. He’d probably gone to bigger and better things now that he was at least her age. Of course, she wouldn’t be 21 for another couple of months since her birthday was in September and it was March 18th still.

May walked inside the building, her pace speeding up. She could wait to get signed up for the Grand Festival. She saw the counter and the same, pink-haired, nurse dressed woman behind it. “Nurse Joy!”

“Oh, hello there.” She smiled, happily as May handed her the box with her ribbons inside and her identification. Ever since the Hoenn Grand Festival almost 12 years before and someone trying to enter the competition disguised as someone else, they’ve been checking for identification just in case somebody tried to be smart and sneak in. “Would you like to sign up for the Grand Festival?”

May nodded. “Yup! I’ve been waiting a long time!”

Nurse Joy typed up some info into the computer and scanned all of May’s ribbons for authenticity. The computer bleeped and Joy smiled. “Alright, May, you’re all set for the Grand Festival that starts a week from now!”

“Thanks, Joy!” May collected her ribbons and I.D. and she headed to the rooms upstairs. She had already rented a room that had actually cost her nothing, because she had participated in the Hoenn Grand Festival. So, May unlocked her room’s door and went inside.

The room was simple with a beautiful window view of the Orre Grand Festival building. The bed in the corner was adorned with blue bed linens and the couch was the same color. Deep brown cabinets were aligned in the area of the kitchen and pure white sink and stove. It was a nice room. May only wished that she wasn’t boarding alone. She wished that someone she knew was here but she didn’t know anyone. This time, she was alone.

May whipped around. She had heard a knock at the door. She threw down her purse on the couch and answered the door. She nearly screamed. It was him. Drew.

She opened the door to see him smiling at her. “Hey, there, May.” His voice came out smooth and much deeper than it had been when they were young. It was just right for him…made him even more sexy.

Wait. May didn’t think that…right?

“So are you going to invite me in or not, May?” Drew asked, politely, his black coat swaying in a slight breeze coming from May’s room window. She nodded and he walked into the room. He looked around, his verdant, green eyes taking in the room. He sat down on the couch. “So, what have you been up to, girl? Just contests and stuff like that?”

May nodded, sitting on a beanbag across from the couch. “Yeah, that’s it. So what are you doing here, Drew? I didn’t think you participated in contests anymore…?”

He shrugged. “I’m just hanging out here. I dunno.” He looked around the room, like he was looking for something important. “So, can I see your ribbons?”

May stood up and went to her dresser to get in the drawer, when suddenly a hand clasped over her mouth. She almost screamed with fright.

“Nice girl. I figured you would easily let me in if I looked just like your dear boyfriend from so long ago.” Drew snarled, softly into her ear. “Now, you know what I do for fun? I find nice treasure to play with.”

May gasped. She’d seen things like this on TV…never once thinking that it could happen to her. This wasn’t Drew……then who was it?

“Now, May…you’re going to listen to me and you’re going to come with me, right now. Okay?” He whispered into her ear.

The only thing she could do was nod. Maybe if she followed his directions…maybe he wouldn’t harm her and everything would be okay.

“Alright, boys, come on in and trash the place.” The Drew look-alike called out and about three other men, all with ski masks on, came in and started to throw things around, tearing the bed to pieces, smashing the kitchen appliances in. Amazingly, no one came to see what was wrong or anything. It was all silent after they stopped. The room was completely trashed. ‘Drew’ took May out of the room with her hands behind her back, his grip tightly around her petite wrist.

He led her down the stairs into a storage room. The three other men followed as well. After the door of the room was tightly shut, the Drew look alike stood in front of May, who was now tied to a chair. She also sat under a spot light.

“So why’d you bring me here, huh?” May demanded to know, even though she was afraid of the answer.

‘Drew’ only laughed. “What do a man and a woman do when they’re alone? All alone…”

He stepped back from her and he glowed brightly. He reappeared from the light, as a slightly older man, but in the same clothes.

“You see it work when you’re a shape shifter. You can become anyone you want to be. Of course, to get the most beautiful woman in this competition, I had to shape shift into the one person that you want to see the most. My ability allows me to look into a person’s soul through their eyes. As soon as I saw in those blue orbs of yours…all became clear.” He sneered.

May gasped. “You…you were Nurse Joy weren’t you??”

He grinned. “I see you’re smarter then you look, my young friend.” He snapped his fingers and two of the men came around and untied May, still holding her tight. They pulled her back to a mattress sitting on the bare floor. May’s eyes widened.

No…she couldn’t…they wouldn’t…no!

~*~*~

“So…how’s everything, Misty?” Drew asked her. They had decided on a casual bar and grill. Many people sat around them, watching the TVs and cheering for the different sports.

The TV near Drew and Misty simply had on the local news.

“Everything is great, Drew. You’re really a kind person.” She smiled. “Though I think that your choice of restaurant…may need to be improved.” She giggled.

Drew grinned. “Yeah, I guess so.”

People suddenly began to gather around TV near them. They were gasping in awe at what they were looking at and some even mumbled ‘that’s horrible’ and ‘I can’t believe that happened…’

Misty and Drew’s interest got the better of them and they stood from their seats and looked at the screen.

Again, to recap our Top Story, in the Orre region today, was the opening ceremonies of the first ever Grand Festival of the region. Everything was going as planned, with the Festival to start only a week after. But then tragedy struck the Hotel that many of the coordinators were staying.” the newscaster paused and the screen changed to a room that was completely wreaked. It scanned the whole room. “This room was found like this at around 3:00pm this afternoon. No forced entry seemed to be the cause of this, and yet no noise was heard as this happened. Almost a secret to all other coordinators in the Hotel.” The screen changed back to the newscaster and a picture of a young girl appeared in a box next to him. “This hotel room belong to the young 20 year old coordinator from Petalburg City, May Taylor. Her whereabouts are unknown as of now. Police believe that it might have been an argument that caused this but it is only speculation as of now."

Drew and Misty only stared at the TV with disbelief.

“I…I-That’s impossible.” Misty mumbled. “I know that girl…from a long time ago. There’s just no way that she did something like that.” Misty shook her head. “There’s something suspicious about this…”

The young boy couldn’t speak. His eyes only stared in disbelief. That was May. The same girl he knew when he was young…and now she was gone?

He knew her well enough. He knew she didn’t hate anyone enough to do something like that and disappear. There was more to it then that…

And Drew was determine to find out just what that might’ve been.

~~~~~~~~~~~

:O I’m getting suspenseful. ;D I doubt it, but I hope you all enjoy this chapter. The next one will be out quicker, I promise. I was just busy with school and homework this week. x_x I’m going to die from all the homework stuffs.

Well, review, criticize, flame, rate…whatever. I’m all ears. ^_~
    Last edited by Mimori Kiryu; 13th March 2006 at 9:53 PM.

AHHH CLIFFHANGER!!!

I waited forever for this hahaha. For some reason, Drew seems a little OOC?? He seems nicer than what he'd normally be...

I hope the next one's fast I was getting impatient HEHE *blush*

<---- CREDITS to Rainbow Latias. Sprites- Pokesho + elite2000

[IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sd07lc.jpg[/IMG]
    Current Fic: Butterfly Lovers (Contestshipping) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109994

No, it's not the generic May + Drew fic..

Banner credits to Saffire Persian.

Aww, good chapter! At first I thought it was going to be really weird, Drew just happening to just "pop" up at the GF, but I like how you changed the story around! Great plot so far, I like writers who don't rush the relationship! I can't wait for the next chapter!

;____;

It was getting so good, too. ;;

Nah, don't worry about updating. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. XD Update when you feel it's right and when you have time. We can all wait.

Since I really suck @ reviewing, here's the only mistake I found to help you out so you can edit:

I’m just hang out here
    You probably know you should add an -ing. XP

Yay. I love this fic!

Shadowcat Guest

How sad... May being raped... Or rather, forced to have sex with the guy..

So sad...

Drew and Misty saving the day? Possibility...

Hm...

Interesting fic Mimori, it's sucking me into what the fic is. Very interesting.

*gasps* OMG! How could that Drew look alike! What an (...)! This is getting good! Great chap. Can't wait for your next one! ^^
    By Me
    Slow Down And Look Around You, Throw Your To-Do List Away. The Clouds Look Like Sheep and Vice-Versa On A Do Nothing Day.

Very captivating. There were quite a few choppy sentices that really didn't seem to fit with the flow of this story but overall, it was still a wonderful chapter. Can't wait for the next chappie ^_^
    My little twin: Myuuvuirocon (or Mooky for short =3 )

Originally Posted by Myuuvuirocon
    and yea everyone wants to beat him up....that makes me tickle all over=3
    There's a flip side to everything.

Omg. ;_; Poor May! I definitely didn't expect that. Can't wait to see what else you have planned. I hope she'll be alright. And I think Drew's character is fine, especially since he's around 10 years older, so obviously he's going to have changed a little.

Keep up the good work!

O_o Lots of replies. :O Thanks to everyone who's replied so far! I love you all! *hugs all*

Chelc: I saw that after I posted and then SPPf wouldn't work. ;; I'll go fix it.

Do you have anything like helpful feedback or ACTUAL comments on the fic? Because that's what you're supposed to post. Patience is also a key to life- don't lose it.
    My tumblr or something: x

Sorry, guys for the delay...I've just been so busy. I promise by Wednesday that the next chapter should be here...^^;

Sorry again...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast