Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teru-Sama

Default Teru-Sama

[Before I begin, I know there was a thread a while ago regarding this, but I think there is more to be discussed (such as where to get the item and such).]
    Teru-Sama is an item in Pokémon Gold and Silver (I’m not sure if it is in Crystal). It can only be accessed through a glitch or while using a GameShark. It can be sold at a pokemart for 19660 pokedollars. It sits in the regular items area of your pack. It can be registered for use with the select button, but I have not found it to do anything. It can be attached to a pokémon and it can be thrown out. There is no in-game description of it. Here are some pictures:
    Teru-Sama at a pokemart
    Teru-Sama in your backpack
    So my question is: What does anyone know about it?
    As far as I can tell, it was meant to be a filler between items. Each item in the game has a number in hexadecimal assigned to it, so when there are gaps, Teru-Sama takes the place.
    What does the name mean? Teru-Sama could refer to a name, as Sama is, to quote wiktionary, “An honorific ending for names that indicates extreme reverence” in Japanese. I didn’t see anyone by the name of Teru in the credits (correct me if I’m wrong), so I assume it is a nickname for someone at Gamefreak.
    Other than a name, Teru in Japanese means “light or bright.” I’m not sure if this has any significance.
    Some people say it turns into a key item in Crystal. Some people say it can be acquired using a Pokémon Stadium glitch. Some think it improves a pokémon’s stats.
    My reason for starting this thread is to see what people know about it so that we can have a better understanding of the items that are programmed into the second generation of Pokémon games.
    I look forward to seeing what you know.

Sama = Ball.

Now give me another Japanes-language related challenge >=O!

The Teru-Sama is SUPPOSED to be the GS Ball. At least from what I hear.

I got it once, but i just sold it for money

I've heard it's the G/S version of the Clear Bell. I dunno if it's true, but that's all I know about it.
    "Those whose memories fade seek to
    carve them in their hearts...
    All dreams are but another reality.
    Never forget..."

Never heard of it before, but there is a GS ball in the game, so that may be it.

Well, sama doesn't mean ball, Trickster. Gulzar is right on the meaning.

Unfortunally, I don't have any solid info on the Teru-sama. It could be a test object or like you said, something to fill in blanks in the game's coding. Those are the most logical things it could be. However, I've heard the rumors about it being the GS ball as well, but don't know if it's a fan started rumor or not. Although, I suppose, it's possible that the GS ball was reprogramed into such a generic object durning the translation of the English game...

Can you test what happens when you trade a pokemon to crystal with teru-sama attached? Or can you do that on an emulator? (I assume you use an emulator...)
    Leaf Green Team

There's some useful information here

http://www.trsrockin.com/terusama.html

I think Teru-sama may be the English GS Ball "leftovers" since it was in the japanese version but it was removed. And another thing, why are master balls in your items pocket and not in your Pokeballs pocket??

Trainer Card made by IceDragon

My bishie... The One-Winged Angel...

Banner made by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Phreack
    I think Teru-sama may be the English GS Ball "leftovers" since it was in the japanese version but it was removed. And another thing, why are master balls in your items pocket and not in your Pokeballs pocket??
    Because he used a GS code =X

I've never seen it before, but looks kind of like a glitch to me :/

yerr i once read that it was something to do with surfing without a pokemon that knows surf, kinda like a surfboard or a boat or something. i think someone mentioned that in the link -Totodile- posted.
    I most probably dislike you.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie
    yerr i once read that it was something to do with surfing without a pokemon that knows surf, kinda like a surfboard or a boat or something. i think someone mentioned that in the link -Totodile- posted.
    at the top of the page. it's called ?????????? (exact #?) in r/b/y, but that's not here. only gotten through gmsrk, though.
    For what reason do we restrict our hearts so?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Trickster
    Sama = Ball.

Now give me another Japanes-language related challenge >=O!

The Teru-Sama is SUPPOSED to be the GS Ball. At least from what I hear.
    No, it's not.

You can get BOTH Teru-Sama AND GS Ball in Crystal :/

Look, the GS Ball is called the GS Ball in the English versions:

Teru-Sama takes up all of the empty item digits that are not used.

In RSE/FRLG, There is an Item called "????????" That has the exact same purpose.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...omo/GSBall.png

The onlt thing useful about Teru-Sama is that you can sell it for ALOT of money

Besides that, nothing.
    Banner by SapphireL!

I sold mine <3 XD It paid off though.

Lol... I have infinite Teru-Samas... They're in my Key Items pocket, so I can repeadetly sell them for a ton of cash...

And guess where I got it?

Pokemon Stadium 2!

I was looking at my Yellow (on Stadium), and noticed that there were Pokemon in my Box 13. (Yellow only goes up to 12, btw) One was a Beedrill (w/Stun Spore, Petal Dance, Submission, and Hi Jump Kick) and the other one was a regular Ditto, except for the fact that it was HOLDING a Clear Bell. So I said to myself... "Maybe I can trade this Ditto to my Gold, and have a Clear Bell!" I did, and as it turned out... Instead of Clear Bell, I got the Teru-Sama. Stadium still recognised it as the Clear Bell, though, so it was put into my Key Items. I can sell it over, and over, and over again without it ever running out!
    -Previously Good Eye, Mudkip!

[IMG]http://i2.*******.com/slmo2b.jpg[/IMG]

My trainer card

(First banner by Saffire Persian, 2nd and trainer card are by me!)

I am 100% against the Killing Ditto Project. I think the mere THOUGHT of wanting to destroy everyone's favorite transforming glob is sickening, and so are the people who are in favor of doing so. Whoever agrees with me should stick this in their sig (size 2, red). Started by Missingno. Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip and a Clarinet
    Lol... I have infinite Teru-Samas... They're in my Key Items pocket, so I can repeadetly sell them for a ton of cash...

And guess where I got it?

Pokemon Stadium 2!

I was looking at my Yellow (on Stadium), and noticed that there were Pokemon in my Box 13. (Yellow only goes up to 12, btw) One was a Beedrill (w/Stun Spore, Petal Dance, Submission, and Hi Jump Kick) and the other one was a regular Ditto, except for the fact that it was HOLDING a Clear Bell. So I said to myself... "Maybe I can trade this Ditto to my Gold, and have a Clear Bell!" I did, and as it turned out... Instead of Clear Bell, I got the Teru-Sama. Stadium still recognised it as the Clear Bell, though, so it was put into my Key Items. I can sell it over, and over, and over again without it ever running out!
    Because the slot of Data that Clear Bell takes up is unused in Gold ans Silver, so any Crystal-Only items like Clear Bell, GS Ball, and Blue Card would turn into a Teru-Sama.
    Banner by SapphireL!

I know that much... since it doesn't exist in gold.
    -Previously Good Eye, Mudkip!

[IMG]http://i2.*******.com/slmo2b.jpg[/IMG]

My trainer card

(First banner by Saffire Persian, 2nd and trainer card are by me!)

I am 100% against the Killing Ditto Project. I think the mere THOUGHT of wanting to destroy everyone's favorite transforming glob is sickening, and so are the people who are in favor of doing so. Whoever agrees with me should stick this in their sig (size 2, red). Started by Missingno. Master.

I know this for a fact, you don't fight a lv. 5 Celebi, you fight a lv. 30 Celebi.
    Il Menestrello:
    Claimer of many songs
    MyAnimeList

From Pixiv

Indeed, I think it's just something like a test item they wanted to make to ensure the game was working properly.
    The GSC Militia:
    -Double-Edge
    -.TraX.
    -Altmer

Any way you can get the GS Ball in Crystal aside from gamesharking it?

- Ninetails.
    Legends in the Mysts If you can't reach me here, register there and contact me.
    98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.

No, because the GS Ball doesn't exist as an item of the final version of the game, like Mew or Celebi, which these two Pokemon can only be obtained via cheating or special Nintendo events.
    CLAIMS
    BISHIES : DiZ-Kingdom Hearts II . Dr. Weird-Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    MEMBERS : Chaotic Houndoom . RedStarWarrior . blueguy . [Cano]
    GAME : Spyro: Ripto's Rage-Playstation
    COUPLE : Houndoom x Mightyena
    SONG : Planet Hell (Nightwish)
    - - -
    AKA
    Butch . Beautiful Butch . Butchimatic . BiZ
    - - -
    CLASSES
    Spriter . Storywriter . Psychic . Critic . Catlover

weelll, this stuff about hacking games really interests me. SO, has any1 tried talking 2 Kurt when u have the GSball/ Teru Sama? he supposedly takes it from u, and , after a while, give sit back and u goto Ilex forest and talk 2 the shrine and it gives u a fight with Celebi or sumthin...

but I don't believe that, but it's always fun trying glitches!
    Go to my shop! http://http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=125371

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTyphlosion
    weelll, this stuff about hacking games really interests me. SO, has any1 tried talking 2 Kurt when u have the GSball/ Teru Sama? he supposedly takes it from u, and , after a while, give sit back and u goto Ilex forest and talk 2 the shrine and it gives u a fight with Celebi or sumthin...

but I don't believe that, but it's always fun trying glitches!
    Teru-Sama IS NOT the GS Ball!!! Read my ealier posts in this thread

THe Celebi Event can onl;y happen in Japanese Crystal Versions that recived the Mobile phone event way back in the GSC era IN JAPAN ONLY.

Oh, and BiZ, GS Ball is Called the GS Ball in the English Crystal because it is still in the coding ;/

Blue Card, GS Ball, and Clear Bell =/= Teru-Sama.

In G/S, they're just empty slot void of use.
    Banner by SapphireL!

I heard that it has something to do with the "Surf Board" item that could be found in r/b/y. But, heck, I don't know.

That's pretty awesome, I never knew people can do that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast