Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teru-Sama

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill
    I heard that it has something to do with the "Surf Board" item that could be found in r/b/y. But, heck, I don't know.
    The "Surf Board" does not exist.

I've never heard of such thing.

If it has anything to do with Surfing Pikachu, it's a lie. IIRC You have to beat Stadium 2 (Aka Stadium 1 in English) using the Yellow Version Pikachu as one of your six Pokemon.

I can't completely remeber, but I KNOW it has to do with using the Yellow Pikachu.
    Banner by SapphireL!

No, the Surf Board exists in yellow version. It's a beta item. Obviously, judging by its name, it was going to be used as the surfboard for the surfing game. It also makes a "cameo" appearance: When you're in the Seafoam islands using your Pikachu-with-surf and you drop down the holes, instead of the generic picture of the Seel, you get a pikachu on a surfboard. I'll try to look up the sprite. Back to the subject: IIRC, it's a form of the "nickname" item in Yellow version. It doesn't replace it, but it does much the same thing in certain spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunsparce
    The "Surf Board" does not exist.

I've never heard of such thing.

If it has anything to do with Surfing Pikachu, it's a lie. IIRC You have to beat Stadium 2 (Aka Stadium 1 in English) using the Yellow Version Pikachu as one of your six Pokemon.

I can't completely remeber, but I KNOW it has to do with using the Yellow Pikachu.
    You´re wrong. The Surf Board does exist (gamesharkly, obviously). It´s name is ?????, you can buy it for $0 on Pokemarts GSing, it effect is obvioous, it lets you Surf without a Surfing Pokemon or the proper Badge

My current Diamond team.
    Information about me. Heh, as if you wished to know

I'm usually on the Fan-Comic forum, correcting the grammar of people is my job there.

Apparently we've come to a disagreement. You say that the effect is obvious, and I say it's obvious, but our effects differ.
    Gulzar, might I suggest next researching why when the "catch other trainer's pokemon" code is on and you use a master ball out of battle, it glitches up and takes you to random screens? I forget the screens, as it's been years since I've hacked R/B/Y. While I'm looking for the Pika sprite, I'll look into this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill
    While I'm looking for the Pika sprite, I'll look into this as well.
    A Surfing Pikachu has that sprite in ALL of the Handheld Games in both the First and Second Generation.

It's not exclusive to one location, either.

Edit: Meh. I don't pay much attention to RGBY anyways :/
    Banner by SapphireL!

Oh, okay, thank you. I wasn't aware of this. I suppose I made a mistake by not testing the scenario in more than one location and game.

Also, I got a video; it's an AVI, but it's 50.3 MB. It's a video of me using the surfboard and surfing on the water in Viridian. 12 seconds and 50.3 mb. I don't see how that works. :<
    Ask if you want it, since it's so long.

Whoa, dudes, totally off topic! I leave for two days and this happens. This thread is about Teru-Sama in Pokémon GSC, nothing to do with beta items in RBY. If you want to talk about the “surf-board” then make a thread in the RBY section. Sheesh…

Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill: Your research suggestion is a valid one, but please discuss programming in this thread.

Umm, keep the good ideas coming?

I suppose we can't really ever know what it's used for, unless we ask a game developer.

Perhaps the name references Super Nerd Teru in the game? That's what I first thought when I first heard the name. Then Teru-sama makes more sense. Maybe one of the game's designers was a fan of this Super Nerd Teru guy? You know that game designers can be weird (*reference to 'All your base are belong to us')

Either that, or Teru was a son/father/teacher/beloved pet of one of the designers.

[PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

I can't remember if this was red or gold(I think red), but I used a monster brain(an uncommon cheat device for pokemon) and somehow ended up with a teru-sama in my pack. When I used it, it allowed me to walk through walls. That's what my encounter was. I know there's another ????? item in red that allows you to walk through walls, and I don't know if my game cartridge was messed up and they got mixed up por what.
    Last edited by PokeCreator_09; 3rd July 2006 at 9:55 PM.

The teru-sama is a place holder item so it is every item maded but not obtainable, aka surf board, gs ball, clear bell, etc. on http://www.trsrockin.com some people have said you can give it to Kurt wait a while he gives it back and then you go to the shrine and fight celebi but sometimes it is messed up looking probably since it is beta programing
    btw teru-sama means teru= to shine, sama= important person
    it makes no since but thats the translation

Well, Celebi is important

I think Teru-Sama is a GS Ball, Im not 100% Sure though

-Kodan-

Credits go to Demonic for the awesome TC.

never got it, never heard of it. Serebii should have it in his site. GS BALL! cool adition.

teru-sama is mr. teru, isn't it?
    I can breed almost everything that is breedable!
    Diamond Friend Code: 0774 1721 9376
    Platinum Friend Code: 2707 9389 9977
    Looking for: Umbreon

Nope. San = Mr.

Miyamoto-San, Iwata-San etc. etc.

Sama is something else, and I've all sorts of different translations of both Teru and Sama over the years.

The Teru-Sama is a place filler. where blank spaces were, Teru-Sama would be in that spot. In Gold and Silver, spaces with the same hex value as the GS Ball, Clear Bell, and Blue Card (In Crystal) were Teru-Sama because that item's name/effect/basic information were absent in G/S because only those items were only programmed in Crystal.

To the rumor that you could give teru-sama to kurt in G/S and activate the Celebi event, that is plausible. If you had a Teru-Sama that took the place of where the GS Ball is in Crystal, it MIGHT happen. This is only if the programmers intended the celebi event and left beta info in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deokishisu
    This is only if the programmers intended the celebi event and left beta info in-game.
    Well, the shrine is in Ilex Forest in Gold and Silver isn't it?

Perhaps they intended it, but didn't get the mobile adapter stuff sorted in time for launch...

I mean, it makes sense - Crystal came out in Japan nearly a year after Gold and Silver's release over there.

Plausable, don't you think?

In japan a nintendo event gives you a GS ball which after letting kurt see it, you go to the shrine and Celebi comes out to battle. Tera-sama is all the items not in Gold/Silver and the GS ball. Since the GS ball is an item all by itself that is what the tera-sama must be.(The tera-sama is 100% the GS ball in Crystal but cannot be definite in G/S)
    Last edited by XDbonsly; 9th July 2006 at 8:41 PM.

I am a co-owner at the:
    Credit goes to Pepsa for the banner.Credit goes to crystal-zephyr for the sprites.
    Pokemon Online Battles, with all pokemon needs, along with all-around nintendo lovers!
    Name: Chris
    Friend code: 3909-4861-1196

Yes, you're right, but since Teru Sama is supposed to represent *more* than one item, this is why there is sometimes major glitches when you try to get Celebi using it.

Sometimes it may work without any problems, but other times it'll mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by muckers
    Yes, you're right, but since Teru Sama is supposed to represent *more* than one item, this is why there is sometimes major glitches when you try to get Celebi using it.

Sometimes it may work without any problems, but other times it'll mess up.
    yeah I got a teru-sama once on my silver and tried (poor silver.....)
    but on my gold it worked fine

I got The GS ball in my Crystal once. It worked halfway. I gave it too kurt. But he didn't give it back to me and he acted like he never saw it before and started asking me if I wanted to give him a apricon.
    Favorite Pokemon: Lapras, Kanto Starters,Jhoto Starters,Sandslash,Growlithe,Wobbufett,Pidgeot,Hou ndoor,Lugia,Suicune.

Sorry to post in a dead thread, but this is bothering me.

Teru-sama can mean a few things. As ???, it means "ball that shines." As ???, it is somewhat equivlent to Master Teru. Of course, teru means "to shine" in most cases, but sama can mean (?) Mr./Mrs. said politely, (?) sphere/ball, or even (???) summer.

I'm guessing it is closest to the first one. A shining ball would be closest to an actual item (beta GS Ball maybe).

Edit: Well, the forum won't display the kana and kanji. Everywhere there is a ? is a Japanese character.
    Last edited by jnzooger; 4th November 2006 at 5:14 PM.

jnzooger: Your analysis is well researched. It has become much clearer to me that Teru-Sama likely refers directly to the GS Ball, rather than being a developer’s name.

I believe that the Teru-Sama is the leftover beta programming for the GS Ball.
    Cloning is NOT cheating

I don't believe in using Ubers.
    Furret rocks, and Pokemon D/P/Pt sucks.

i sold it for 1000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast