Thread: Blade of the Immortal

Default Blade of the Immortal

I found this out from a friend and he let me read the first part of it and it seems great. Now the only problem is is that I have to order it because no bookstore in town has it.

I was wondering what other people thought of this manga and if they liked it as much as I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

Oh man. I LOVE Blade of the Immortal. Has an excellent plot, the characters are captivataing and realistic. The drawings are amazing. Truly a great manga. I encourage you to read more of it.

Amazing other than HK and myself is looking into Blade of the immortal.

I read the first volume of Blade of the Immortal, and I thought it was really good. Blew my mind actually >__< I really wanted to read more, but the library didn't have any more volumes. Which was annoying, because it was very addictive and creepy and I am desperate to find out more on the storyline!

-
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/5bxx86.png[/IMG]
    they see me rollin'
    they hatin'

There's somebody here who reads Blade of the Immortal? OH SNAPS.

Realistically, though, I guess I'm the only person (unless TSC has done so) who has read up to volume fifteen that Dark Horse has put out and owns all of them here (I'm thankful for Half Price Brooks). Which is a shame, since it is a damn good series that people tend to not notice because they believe that shounen manga is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :/

Anyway, would I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something that is out of the norm in terms of art, characters, and plot for manga. The characters are certainly unique in both designs and personalities and yet maintain a sense of realism about them since Samura is able to develop them amazingly, particuarly starting around volume four or so. The relationships between the lot of them progresses at a fair pace, and you can even begin to sympathize with the 'villians' of the story. The plot is simplistic at first, but eventually you get around to something of a betrayal story that is definitely not so typical. The original idea is pushed somewhat to the background which is slightly disappointing, and it also makes me wonder how long it will take to resolve the whole damn thing. Lastly, the art is what makes this manga so damn appealing as I can actually attest to Samura truly being an artist. While most manga-ka use pens (and occasionly 3-D renderings) for their art, Samura uses something similar to a pencil and charcoal for his art, which comes out to rough, beautiful effect.

The character development and art is what keeps me reading this great series (which is one of my top ten favorite manga series). Manji, the main male character of it, does indeed have an advantage that his opponents and allies don't, yet it is revealed in time     Spoiler:

Anybody who has some money to spend, don't bother going out and spending it on Naruto, One Piece, Shaman King, or whatever the hell. Blade of the Immortal is well worth your time and will blow you away.

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

Woah!!! Someone else reads B.O.T.I? I thought i was alone...
    Though unorthodox, it really is a great manga. I've read "beasts" and the volume where     Spoiler:

All in all, GREAT MANGA!
    URL=http://www.saiyanisland.com]
    [/url]

You know, we don't have to argue... you could always shut up and accept my point of view as hard cold fact.

Well the first issue that I've ordered has come in and I've finished it and it really is a great manga. So I've finally finished volume 1. Now I need to get volume 2. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

I have to note that Dark horse is pretty much catching up to the Japanese release. we're up to volume 15 and JP is at 18. Pretty damn close.

kykui Guest

Blade of the Immortal is like... the best thing since sliced bread. Awesome characters, awesome artwork, awesome plot.

Like everyone else here said, it will completely blow you away because of its sheer awesomeness. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by kykui
    Blade of the Immortal is like... the best thing since sliced bread. Awesome characters, awesome artwork, awesome plot.

Like everyone else here said, it will completely blow you away because of its sheer awesomeness. 'Nuff said.
    If that is the case, then why not have it in your current top ten in the favorite manga series thread? >_o

Anyway, just a quick question here: has any information regarding volume sixteen's release been put out yet? Because there certainly is enough material to do so, and Dark Horse seems to be on pace to catch up pretty damn soon as TSC stated earlier.

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

kykui Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HellKorn
    If that is the case, then why not have it in your current top ten in the favorite manga series thread? >_o

Anyway, just a quick question here: has any information regarding volume sixteen's release been put out yet? Because there certainly is enough material to do so, and Dark Horse seems to be on pace to catch up pretty damn soon as TSC stated earlier.
    ...Ahahah. Possibly from my not having read it in a long time?

And to the last question, I honestly have no idea. And I don't think a lot of people know either. I've read up to volume fifteen via Internet so... yeah. However, I searched around on the Internet just a few seconds ago... and unfortunately, all I found was the supposed cover to volume 16. With Dark Horse's label on it.

AKEBOSHI Guest

IMO better than Rourouni Kension (sp?). Immortal main character are done before, but it's worth reading, unless you mind the violence. I only read two volumes, so I'm looking forward to the third.
    Last edited by AKEBOSHI; 9th May 2006 at 5:03 PM.

Imo I like both alot but yea, BotI is better.