Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All That Glitters Is Not Golden! (449)

Default All That Glitters Is Not Golden! (449)

All That Glitters Is Not Golden!

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & co. find an unusual Pokémon inside a forest, a golden Sudowoodo which quickly runs away. When they reach the next town they tell the townsfolk of this Sudowoodo, they decide to go find it. However Team Rocket also have their eyes on this Golden Pokémon. Will Ash & Co. be able to save it from Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

sorry serebii but that link doesnt work!
    i wonder if someone catches it!

Quote Originally Posted by porygon2lover
    sorry serebii but that link doesnt work!
    i wonder if someone catches it!
    Of course the link doesn't work. There's no episode guide for it yet!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Sounds like a cool episode. The golden Sudowoodo is probably like the Crystal Onix since I don't think a shiny Sudowoodo is gold.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

So did the wild rumors come true? Did Bonsly evolve into a Sudowoodo? Did Ash capture the golden Sudowoodo?

Thats probably sarcasm but i'll just say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Theatre
    Did Ash capture the golden Sudowoodo?
    As far as I remember it already had a trainer.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Wow the Speculation thread for this episode was awfully quiet >_>; The new ending for this episode seems to be more popular than the episode itself XP

Though it will most likely be a rehash of the Crystal Onix episode :O

Did you guys forget the rules for Episode Discussion threads? Do not post unless you have seen the ep, pics or read a guide. And don't post asking what happened

This episode was DEAD before it got out of the water. Poor Sudowoodo.

Now make like a tree and DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. OF PAIN.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction

I take it you didn't like it then?

End of post.

This episode was okay, it wasn't the best that I've seen though. The Gold Sudowoodo ended up being a original colored Sudowoodo after its trainer used some machine on it, people trying to capture it when it was gold colored, and Team Rocket trying to capture it but failing as usual. Wasn't that interesting. Next episode's going to be better though.

Quote Originally Posted by skarmachild
    I take it you didn't like it then?
    It's only with best interests at heart that I say that. Sudowoodo has never been high on the 'preferred' scale in the anime. Looking at what they could have provided for it instead, this is definitely on the low end.

The hyper surrounding the Ranger special, the 10th Anniversary special, and the recently released May ending effectively shoved this episode to the back burner. Can't we just put it out of its misery?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Did have a couple of good Comic bits, such as when the CotD's Pokéball beam hits Jessie...

Also, a Zelda joke. Jessie dreams that throwing in a normal Sudowoodo in a lake, a fairy (who looks like Jessie) will give you a golden one, like in Zelda!

This episode looks pretty good judging by the pictures.

Hmm from normal to gold & at the end it returns normal again! nice episode though.
    Rarely coming here now.. so just chat with me on MSN/Smogon

Not much to right home about. While it was funny the plot was meh. A basic filler.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I saw Onix in a picture of this episode. Was it Brock's? Like, was he referinng to his?

Also, Sudowoodo running into that bar from TR, dancing around, and then realizing all those cowboys who wanna catch it are their, and then they chase it out of the bar. Lol.

Meowth's Gio fantasy of the day reminded me of the King Midas story with everything gold...Meowth really is desperate, isn't he?XD

What was the kid doing with his Sudowoodo anyway? I'm guessing he's some sort of inventor and used Sudowoodo as his lab rat. No wonder Sudowoodo ran away from him then, if that was the case! That poor tree...

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I don't know why, but I really love this episode.
    Of course, I've only seen pictures, it but looks pretty awesome to me. Maybe it's Sudowoodo. I don't know, but seeing this episode makes me really love Sudowoodo again. Feck that thing is awesome...and cute too.

I love that Ash only tries to catch a Pokemon when he can't. It's frikken hilarious >.>
    How Sudowoodo merely punched the Pokeball back and it hit Ash in the face was priceless.

The Gold Sudowoodo itself was a great idea. I'm not quite sure, but didn't Mr. CotD use the goldening machine so his Sudowoodo could repel water? Because he was in a lake and wasn't freaking out.
    Speaking of gold plating though, that Team Rocket Dream was messed. I mean honestly, wouldn't a gold robe get heavy? How about some comfy gold bed sheets to crush you into sleep paralysis? 8D

Overall, the episode may not have had anything too special to it, but that Gold Sudowoodo looked damn good. And what's with the randomness of Brock mentioning Onix? Curious that they're returning to Pewter in just a few episode, neh? ;O

This was a good episode!
    I love gold
    The trainer was really cute (and I mean like a new addition to my male hunk shrine cute)
    And they played an interesting song where they had the Battle Frontier lyrics in it. I love Akina! *_* wish she'd sing more openings.
    7/10

Especially since a pure gold robe would give him major neck and shoulder pains.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

not sure what to make of this episode...

some of the jokes were amusing, especially the Zelda homage, but otherwise it's just like a Jotho filler...

any mention of the Crystal Onix?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

The cliché trainer/pokémon relationship plot with added Team Rocket mecha ruined this one as far as I'm concerned. Sudowoodo isn't about friendship and trust. Sudowoodo is about insane, pointless antics and disturbing phallic oddities.
    Team Rocket and the Sudowoodo flailing around in mid run ( & the animation I suppose) saved this from being total garbage. And in the end, both factors provided me with a few laughs, which means this didn't fall flat on it's face. Jessie going for a spot of underwater jetpack fishing and Sudo waving to all the burly looking cowpoke in the bar before fleeing like a madman were some of the better highlights.

Just to note, that alternate 'Battle Frontier' song near the end was really nice sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction

I can see why you said that after seeing the pics. Reeks of mid-Johto.

I bet the image of Onix was in referrence to Olivine City's Janina's Onyx when she covered it in something (polish?) to repel water.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast