Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon XD^2: The Return of Shadow (PG-13)

Spoiler:- The Hint:

Anyway, the contest rounds were intense, and the May and Anabel winning was a seriously unique situation. I don't think that'll happen again anytime soon... Anyway, great Chapter, and I wonder what the Colosseum will be like? And will we see Ronald again? Hmm...

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    Here's something else to chew on.

Enigma Shadow's secret weapon is not a Pokémon, even though it is.

If you figure that out, you may figure out who Enigma Shadow's leader is.
    o_0 WTH? anyways, great chapter, i never would of thought of "card collector ronald"! cant wait to see more

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Here's something else to chew on.

Enigma Shadow's secret weapon is not a Pokémon, even though it is.

If you figure that out, you may figure out who Enigma Shadow's leader is.
    Could it be

Spoiler:- Hint:

If so then the leader must be     Spoiler:- Hint:
    Last edited by Dark_Scyther; 12th June 2006 at 8:12 PM.

Only if it were 40 feet tall and had rocket launcher claws or something.
    hhhhhmmmmmmmmm *rolls eyes suspiciously*

Ah yes, the leader of Enigma Shadow then has to be
        Spoiler:- ...:

~fuzzy out~

I never expected May and Anabel to tie, but it happened.

And XD 003 is    Spoiler:- spoiler:

And I go to my first guess of ES's leader:
        Spoiler:- ES's leader:
    Last edited by -Yoshi-; 13th June 2006 at 12:57 AM.
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

Spoiler:- ES's Secret weapon:

Spoiler:- ES's Leader:

Spoiler:- Another secret weapon theory:

I'm going to look at the ES's letter for clues:

Dear ONBS,
    I am honored to inform you that Enigma Shadow has returned and is in your precious Orre Region right now.

This is obvious, we don't need to look at this.

We are developing two things that will help our plan---together they will be able to turn any Pokémon into a Shadow Pokémon! You can't seriously think you'll be able to stop us.

I'm guessing one of these things will be the Mirage System, but I have another theory. Remember the stolen pokeballs?     Spoiler:

My mentor Dr. Yung would be proud of me for the work I've done based on his original Mirage System. The day when all Orre and all the world bows to me and XD003 will soon be at hand!~The Mastermind of Shadow Pokémon.
    This is a little farfetched, but     Spoiler:
    Notice how he says "The Master mind of Shadow Pokemon. Their secret weapon must have somthing to do with this.
    Last edited by ~*Myuu the Ryuu*~; 13th June 2006 at 2:04 AM.
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

Spoiler:

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
        Spoiler:- ES's Secret weapon:

Spoiler:- ES's Leader:

Spoiler:- Another secret weapon theory:

I'm going to look at the ES's letter for clues:

Dear ONBS,
    I am honored to inform you that Enigma Shadow has returned and is in your precious Orre Region right now.

This is obvious, we don't need to look at this.

We are developing two things that will help our plan---together they will be able to turn any Pokémon into a Shadow Pokémon! You can't seriously think you'll be able to stop us.

I'm guessing one of these things will be the Mirage System, but I have another theory. Remember the stolen pokeballs?     Spoiler:

My mentor Dr. Yung would be proud of me for the work I've done based on his original Mirage System. The day when all Orre and all the world bows to me and XD003 will soon be at hand!~The Mastermind of Shadow Pokémon.
    This is a little farfetched, but     Spoiler:
    Notice how he says "The Master mind of Shadow Pokemon. Their secret weapon must have somthing to do with this.

That was... amazing. That final spoiler is in NO WAY farfetched. That's really a great idea. I agree with you 100%.
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

Spoiler:

I will say this: the Poké Balls are an important piece of the puzzle, but not the most important. When I finally reveal it, it'll all make sense.

I will rule out one person right now though: it is NOT Baron Phobos. Now that I've played Trozei and have seen what his plot was, it's definitely not him---and the purpose of the Poké Balls is different here.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I will say this: the Poké Balls are an important piece of the puzzle, but not the most important. When I finally reveal it, it'll all make sense.

I will rule out one person right now though: it is NOT Baron Phobos. Now that I've played Trozei and have seen what his plot was, it's definitely not him---and the purpose of the Poké Balls is different here.
    Just a question, any chance the Trozei characters might get in this fic? That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by may lover
    Just a question, any chance the Trozei characters might get in this fic? That would be cool.
    I thought about rewriting chapter one to change Vivian into Aquarella, but decided against it.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Tasty guesses all around.....but for now, we have a Colosseum to go to!
    ================================================== =====

CHAPTER NINE: The Misty Mistbloom

By the time Rich and Anabel arrived at the front gate of Sorbera Colosseum, a large crowd had already gathered. Juna was there, giving an interview to the ONBS news crew covering the event. Rich and Anabel could not hear what she was saying, however. They just pushed through the crowd until they reached the front door of the giant domed Poké Ball-shaped building, and went inside.

An even bigger crowd filled the gigantic interior of the stadium, which had a floor of alternating red carpet and blue tiles. Many of the trainers gathered had their Pokémon out; Rich spotted a Masquerain, a Metang, an Electabuzz, and a Cloyster while Anabel saw a Smeargle, a Butterfree, a Weavile, an Octillery and a Walrein. They went up to the registration desk, where a Nurse Joy was stationed.

"Hello, there! Welcome to the Sorbera Island Colosseum! Rich, Anabel, how may I help you two today?"

"Wha.......you know our names too?"

"How can that be?"

"Ahaha, my sisters told me about you two. Not only that, the news reports on the ONBS feature you a lot too."

"You Nurse Joys sure are up on things. Anyway, I'd like to register for the knockout challenge."

"Ah ha ha, not so fast there, Rich."

Juna approached Rich and Anabel. Like the previous day at the Contest Hall, she had a very calm air about her.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Juna, the governess of Sorbera Island."

"Not only that," Nurse Joy added, "but she's a darn good trainer too. Are you going to enter this challenge, Miss Juna?"

"I could not pass up the opportunity to do battle with not only Rich and Anabel, but the other famous couple that people have been talking about. The pairs entering this tournament look like the best I've seen in quite a while."

"I don't understand," Rich commented. "What do you mean 'pairs?'"

"Sorbera Colosseum's rules are a little different from the other Colosseums in Orre. Seeing as Sorbera Island is the Island of Love, we only conduct Tag Battles in our Colosseum. You are encouraged to enter with your significant other, of course, but any tag team is allowed."

"Let's do it, Rich! If we combine our strength, the power of our love will do the rest!"

"Sure, I like that deal. Sign us up."

Juna turned to walk away, but turned back around quickly.

"Anabel, I've noticed. Isn't it rather uncomfortable being pregnant and wearing something that constricting?"

"Now that you mention it, it is pretty uncomfortable...."

"Come with me. We have a superb wardrobe staff here, so I will personally fix you up with something that's comfortable and attractive at the same time."

Anabel followed Juna while Rich waited at the registration desk. About fifteen minutes later they returned---Anabel was now wearing a sleeveless black dress with three gray stripes running down the middle, matching pants, and a band on each arm near the shoulder. There were three of Anabel's Poké Balls on one band, and the other three on the other.

"Hey, now! That's good work, Juna. She looks even better now, better than she ever has before."

"Are you saying I was ugly before?!"

"No, no no no no! You were perfect before, now you're......uh, more perfect. Yeah, more perfect. Those hormones must be going absolutely nuts....... So is everything set?"

"The tournament shall begin in just a few moments. I wish you two luck....and may we meet again, this time in the ring."

"Mr. and Mrs. Mistbloom?" An attendant had come out into the hall. "We're ready to begin. You're slotted to go out first."

"Excellent!"

"Take us out there!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The arena itself was arranged as a theater-in-the-round, just like the Contest Hall. Also similar to the Contest Hall, fountains flowed out from the walls and into the pool that ringed the arena floor, which was tiled and painted to resemble a giant Poké Ball. Two small bridges, one on the right and the other on the left, provided a way for the competing teams to enter.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" the announcer boomed. "Welcome! Welcome one and all to the knockout challenge at Sorbera Colosseum! We hope that you will enjoy the tag-team battles we will present for your entertainment. Now, let the tournament begin! Introducing our first two competing teams, Rich & Anabel versus Joseph & Milo!"

Rich and Anabel entered from the left bridge hand-in-hand. They waved to the crowd, then looked across at their opponents--and Rich jumped in surprise, recognizing one of them.

"Joseph?! From Snagem Colosseum!"

"Oh, hey there! I didn't think I'd be seeing you again! Who's that cute-as-a-button little lady you've got in tow this time?"

"This is my wife, Anabel. Anabel, this is Joseph. I battled him at Snagem Colosseum."

"Pleased to meet you!"

"Aw, the pleasure's all mine. My brother and I decided to hit the road a little while after we battled at Snagem........"

Joseph looked at his brother, who was dressed in a tie-dyed shirt and wore brightly colored glasses.

".......but I still think he needs some practice. You wanna help me out?"

"Come on, man!" Milo said airily. "I ain't no fighter, man. Let's all just get along, OK? Make love, not war!"

Rich and Anabel stared in disbelief while Joseph just shook his head.

"Milo, buck up, bro. You're not a bad trainer at all. Take it seriously for once."

"Geez man, I'm just hangin' loose.....but if you say so, I'll battle."

"Good! Hey, Rich, Anabel! My Eevees have been trained some more, and we're ready for a rematch!"

"Bring it on!"

"We're ready for you!"

"Now the rules. In the first two rounds of the tournament, each side will be allowed two Pokémon, one per trainer. The first side to lose both Pokémon loses the match. In the semifinals and finals, the matches are six-on-six with three Pokémon to each trainer. And now, let us begin! Round one, Rich & Anabel versus Joseph & Milo! Commence battling!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich and Tower Maiden Anabel
    ---vs.---
    Rider Joseph and Hippie Trainer Milo
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Let's rock, Vileplume." "It's go time, Glaceon!"

Milo calmly sent out a Vileplume while Joseph called out a creature that resembled a cat with long ears, an icy horn in the center of its head, and a tail and legs of blue ice.

"What's that? Rich, scan it and find its data."

"Will do."

Rich took out his P*DA and scanned Glaceon.

"Glaceon, the glacier Pokémon. Type is Ice, evolved from Eevee with an Ice Stone. It is said that Glaceon first evolved when a cruel trainer abandoned an Eevee in a frigid region. The cold temperatures and weather caused a random mutation in the Eevee's genetic code and thusly it took on the characteristics and abilities of ice. Despite having bodies nearly completely made of ice, Glaceon are very flexible, agile fighters."

"Oooh, great catch there. Looks like we'll have to fight hard, Blaziken!" "He's right. Give it your all, Scizor!"

"It's Rich's Blaziken and Anabel's Scizor against Joseph's Glaceon and Milo's Vileplume! It's time to throw down!"

"Blaziken, start this off right! Fire Punch on Vileplume!"

Blaziken loosed flames from its wrists, then rushed toward Vileplume with a fiery punch attack.

"Glaceon, cover it and counter with Ice Rock!"

Before Blaziken could connect, Glaceon jumped in the way and formed a gigantic rock of ice in front of itself. Blaziken punched the rock and it shattered, but doing so also caused Blaziken to hurt its fist due to the hardness of the ice.

"What?! How did that chunk of ice survive my Fire Punch?"

"I told you my Eevees had been in training since our last match. Now, Glaceon! While we're hot, make it colder---Ice Rush!"

The air around Glaceon became incredibly cold, and an ice-like aura surrounded it. It then dashed forward and tackled Blaziken, knocking the Fire type down.

"Scizor, you've got a shot! Go in for a Metal Claw!"

Anabel's Scizor took advantage of its close proximity to Glaceon as its claws glowed with a metallic shine. The first claw delivered an uppercut that knocked Glaceon into the air, then the second was a spinning blow that sent it all the way back across the arena floor to Joseph.

"No, Glaceon!"

"Awww, man, you dudes are uptight about this thing. Come on, let's chill and spread a little love. Petal Dance~"

Vileplume scattered petals from its head, then began thrashing about. It crashed into Scizor and inflicted a small amount of damage.

"I've got it! Blaziken, charge up a Fire Punch and get in close!"

Blaziken rushed Vileplume again, once more charging up a Fire Punch while doing so.

"Block it again with Ice Rock!"

Just like before, Glaceon jumped in the way and formed a giant rock of ice in Blaziken's path.

"Abort the Fire Punch and use Overheat on Glaceon!"

Joseph's face went blank as Rich gave the command. He knew he had been outsmarted. Blaziken immediately stopped charging the Fire Punch, absorbed superheated air and became a living fireball, then it crashed through the Ice Rock and delivered a catastrophic knockout blow to Glaceon.

"Oh no! I've been knocked to the dirt yet again!"

"Time to finish this up. Scizor, Swords Dance!"

Scizor waved its claws in the air to power itself up.

"This feels like y'all are tripping on something. Use Petal Dance again, my sweet weed~~"

Vileplume continued to thrash about, this time hitting Blaziken.

"Flamethrower!"

Blaziken loosed a stream of fire from its beak at Vileplume. It hit and did very high damage, but stopped just short of being a knockout.

"Scizor, Silver Wind!"

Scizor flapped its wings to scatter shining powder all over. This attack was the one that knocked out Vileplume.

"That ain't groovy......"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Your winners, Rich and Anabel! Congratulations!!"

Rich and Anabel basked in their applause for a moment before being led back to the waiting room.

To Be Continued........

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

So the girl's name is Misty? I can't think of anything better... Nice chapter, although Milo scares me O_O;

I like the new Eeveelutions you keep coming up with. Is there going to be one for each type by the end of the fic?
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

Regarding the Eevees, I don't know. Someone submitted that a while ago.

And do you mean Rich and Anabel's daughter? The Misty in the title refers to someone else, the answer should be blatantly obvious. Read over Juna's lines again and it should be clear.

I wanted to do a hippie character for so freakin' long you wouldn't believe it

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Ah. I haven't posted around here for quite a bit.

So I have to say... it's pretty good. Never would've thought that they would tie in the contest.

And the new chapter... I never really caught on that chapter name. But I think:    Spoiler:- The Misty Mistbloom:
    Very far-fetched.

(>.< I can't make accented e's for my life.)

~PEACE~

P.S. Yes, Butler, my story's up now. That's half the reason I posted. ^.^ There other half was the fact that you used 'connected' a bit too much...

//One sanctuary. One fandom. A new type of sophisticated... crack.
    ; died and rose again... for a while
    ; reviewer profile [ x ]

Sorry for not reviewing the last few chapters, exams are keeping my online time to a minimum... X_X
    For now, I'll just comment on the last chapter instead of the 3 I just read.

Pretty good battle you just created. Rich's and Anabel's pokemon did have a major type advantage though!

The Nurse Joys here are surprisingly well-informed! And that Joy's "ahaha"s sure sound alot like my name, don't you think?

"Let's do it, Rich! If we combine our strength, the power of our love will do the rest!"
    I'm not quite sure what to say of this...

"No, no no no no! You were perfect before, now you're......uh, more perfect. Yeah, more perfect. Those hormones must be going absolutely nuts....... So is everything set?"
    Wow... Anabel sure likes to twist her husband's words against him, doesn't she?
    "Come on, man!" Milo said airily. "I ain't no fighter, man. Let's all just get along, OK? Make love, not war!"
    "Awww, man, you dudes are uptight about this thing. Come on, let's chill and spread a little love. Petal Dance~"
    "This feels like y'all are tripping on something. Use Petal Dance again, my sweet weed~~"
    Milo's hippyness scares me too... O_O;

Seeing as you're turning out mini-chapters at an amazingly fast rate, I'm guessing the next one will also come out within two days, am I right?

Hippie Trainer Milo
    ROFL! XDDD that is hilarious!!! what made u put in a hippie trainer?

anyways,another "groovy" chapter

Sorry, I took it the wrong way if you know what I mean...

Good start and I like Glaceon.

~fuzzy out~

Regarding the Eevees, I don't know. Someone submitted that a while ago.
    I did. Glad you liked Glaceon enough to use it!

Anyway, this was another great Chapter Part. Rich and Anabel did have a massive type advantage, though, as Hahahabvc87 pointed out. Still, the hippie trainer was... interesting, for lack of a politer word. And Anabel's hormones are definitely raging like caged animals, because she went from being aggressive about the way she looked to being the same as one of those lovey-dovey Couples you find in the R/S/E games. *shakes head wonderingly*

Spoiler:- Two final things:

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

Live and love the hippieness. I just had to do it, and the "sweet weed" line actually made me double over in laughter as I typed it.

I may as well spoil it, since it's pretty obvious: the Misty in the title is THE Misty, and she will appear with Ash in a bit.

And Anabel's hormones are definitely raging like caged animals, because she went from being aggressive about the way she looked to being the same as one of those lovey-dovey Couples you find in the R/S/E games. *shakes head wonderingly*
    I was thinking specifically of the couple in the Battle Frontier who are near the Pyramid---the one where they talk about entering the Battle Salon.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Great chapter Butler. *hands out piece of my graduation cake* So, Misty and Ash are an item now? So, is May with anyone yet? (other then me, of course )

Another Fakemon.

Clawking
    Evo of Kingler
    Water/Dark
    King Crab Pokemon
    This Pokemon has thorns on its massive claws. It uses them to hit its opponent in battle, and with great force too.

Last edited by sceptilianmaster; 14th June 2006 at 6:43 AM.
    GoLurker

Another pokemon:

Grouder: Badger Pokemon

Type: Normal/Ground
    Ability: Keen Eye

Description: Grouder stand on two legs, and have long tails that they support themselves on. They are white, with brown and black stripes. Their paws conceal huge claws that can cut through iron.

Moves: Dig, Scratch, Quick Attack, Slash, Bite, Faint Attack, Hyper Beam, Extreme Burrowing*

Size: 4' 7", 78 pounds.

'Dex Entry: Grouder are fiercely territorial. However, they are very compassionate pokemon, and won't ever give up in a battle, if their trainer is in danger. They are very fast pokemon, and can dig at speeds of 40 miles per hour. They have very sensitive noses, and are used to fighting in the dark, and striking at opponents with their sharp claws.

**Extreme Burrowing
    Damage: 120
    Accuracy: 85
    Description: In a move similar to Dig, the pokemon will dig deep underground, and burrow in spirals upwards. If the move suceeds, the opponent will be trapped in a sinkhole, which makes the opponent stuck inside.
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast