Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon XD^2: The Return of Shadow (PG-13)

Thank you, Mawile XD. Glad to see you back. Now, on to the rest of Chapter One.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Agate Village wasn't far from the Lab, and as a result Rich and Anabel arrived there quickly. The village was built into the side of a mountain and ringed by a river that started from a huge waterfall on the east side, flowed around, and then headed up north towards the Northwest Orre Ranch. Several other smaller waterfalls flowed through the quaint, verdant town. At the top was a large house built out of an old tree, below it several paths with buildings made of gray stone.

Rich and Anabel parked the scooter, got off, and walked calmly down the wooden path crossing the river and up the hill at the entrance.

"So this is Agate Village," Anabel said as she looked around. "What a lovely place!"

"Indeed it is," Rich replied as he read through the travel booklet. "Agate Village: A quiet town built in the wooded area to the northwest of the Orre Desert. Known widely as the home of many retired trainers and also the location of the legendary Relic Stone, an artifact said to be imbued with Celebi's time traveling powers."

"A retirement village? Y'know, I wouldn't mind living here when we get that old."

"Me neither. Now, we've got to look for Eagun....."

"You children are looking to meet Eagun?"

An old man shuffled up to them.

"Yes. Do you know where he is?" Rich asked.

"Why, of course. Eagun lives up in the house at the top of the village. The one built out of the great tree."

"Thank you. Come on, Rich."

Rich and Anabel walked up the steep paths around the village on their way up to Eagun's home. By the time they reached the front door of his house, they were exhausted.

"Whew........" Rich gasped. "How do you think they walk up those paths?! We're sixty years younger than most of them and we're tired from it!"

"I don't know. But we're here, so.....we're here, I guess."

Anabel rang the doorbell on the house. Soon, an old woman in a gray shirt with her hair in a net answered.

"Hello, there. Is there something I can do for you?"

"We were told to come to this house. We're looking for a man named Eagun."

"Oh! You must be Rich and Anabel, the visitors Prof. Krane contacted us about. Come in."

The old woman let Rich and Anabel in, then closed the door. She took them into the kitchen of the house and sat down in a wooden chair.

"My name is Beluh. I'm Eagun's wife. He's just upstairs writing in his journal about his adventures with his Pikachu, so he'll be down soon."

Almost as if on cue, an old man with long white hair and a long white beard clad in a blue robe rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Beluh! Have the guests arrived.......huh?"

"Yes, dear, they have. Rich and Anabel just arrived a moment ago."

Eagun calmed down and sat in a chair opposite Beluh.

"Well then, I guess we can get right down to business. You saw Shadow Pokémon near Gateon Port?"

"That's right. Anabel and I were riding to the Pokémon HQ Lab from Gateon when we saw them."

"What a sad world this is, that Shadow Pokémon have appeared yet again. Let me explain how I can help you. In this village there is an artifact called the Relic Stone that is in my care. When a Shadow Pokémon is purified enough, the power in the Relic Stone can break the final lock on that Pokémon's heart and complete the purification process......"

Suddenly, a man dressed like a farmer rushed in through the front door.

"Eagun! Eagun, sir, there's trouble! Some outsiders shoved me down and went into the Relic Forest!"

"WHAT?!! Oh, forget the details! It can wait!"

Eagun rushed out, but the man stayed and turned around to face Rich, Anabel and Beluh.

"Heheheh. What a fool. The Admin in charge of our squad will deal with him. As for you three, you can't go anywhere after seeing me!"

The farmer spun around and turned into another armored thug.

///////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Spy Royce
    //////////////////////////////////////////////

"Heheheh. Here we go! Go, Venonat and Yanma!"

"Bah, this won't be hard. Go, Blaziken and Tyranitar!"

After Rich sent his Pokémon out, the Aura Reader activated and showed a black aura around Yanma.

"A Shadow Yanma........fine! Blaziken, Flamethrower!"

Blaziken reared back and blew a stream of fire at Venonat.

"Venonat, dodge and use Signal Beam!"

Venonat jumped out of the way of the Flamethrower and fired a multicolored beam at Tyranitar, causing some damage.

"Yanma, Shadow Rush!"

Yanma became surrounded with the shadowy aura and crashed into Blaziken at high speed, doing light damage.

"Tyranitar, he can't dodge another one! Fire Blast!"

Tyranitar aimed and blasted a large fireball at Venonat. This time the Bug Pokémon couldn't dodge, took critical damage, and fainted.

"Venonat! Awwww......Venonat, return. Go, Beautifly! Yanma, Shadow Mist!"

Yanma flapped its wings at high speed, casting a dark cloud towards Rich's team. This cloud muddled up the movement of Blaziken and Tyranitar.

"Blaziken, rid me of that Beautifly so I can focus on Yanma. Blaze Kick!"

Blaziken lept into the air. As it hit the peak of its jump, a fireball formed around its foot---then it smashed down onto Beautifly and knocked it out.

"Ahhhhhh!! Beautifly!!!!......return......"

"Tyranitar, use Shock Wave!"

Tyranitar sent a small pulse of electricity at Yanma. It hit and caused high damage.

"Shadow Rush!"

Yanma again surrounded itself with the shadowy aura and tackled Blaziken.

"Blaziken, use Brick Break! That should be enough!"

Blaziken reared back, then lunged at Yanma and hit it with its claws. Yanma didn't get injured much by this attack, but Rich seemed to be intending for that.

"That'll do! Snag Ball, go!"

Rich took a Poké Ball and threw it using the Snag Machine. The ball snatched up Yanma, fell to the floor, and began shaking.

After a few moments, it stopped shaking and pinged. Rich had Snagged Yanma.

"My bugs got stomped~~"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Royce ran off, leaving Rich, Anabel and Beluh.

"What a joke," Rich laughed. "That guy was easy."

"You're impressive," Beluh commented. "I'm concerned about my husband though. In his day he was called the greatest trainer, and he still thinks he is today. It seems that the Relic Forest might have been a trap. Please, go there and find him."

"Where is it?"

"Anabel, it is through a cave in the center of the village. Go down the hill next to the Pokémon Center to find it."

Rich and Anabel nodded, then rushed out. They ran down the paths to the Pokémon Center, then found the path leading to the cave. They followed it......and at the other side of the cave, there was a small forest. The trees were spaced just right for letting in enough sunlight, and a small river flowed through the area. In the middle, just ahead of Rich and Anabel on the stone path, was a pillar of rock with curved segments. Eagun was here, as was a female spy and a red-haired woman dressed in a purple and red one piece swimsuit.

"Get out of our Relic Forest!" Eagun shouted. "Or I'll be forced to kick you out myself!"

"You just can't get it through that old skull of yours, can you?" the woman shot back. "The leader of Enigma Shadow has ordered me, Vivian, to destroy the Relic Stone. I have no mercy for anyone who dares oppose us, even if it's a senior citizen like you!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Myth Trainer Eagun ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Vivian
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Vivian backflips over once, then steps forward and sends out a Quagsire]

"Off we go, Pikachu! Our first battle in a long time!"

Eagun threw a Poké Ball to send out his only Pokémon, Pikachu.

"Pikachu, use Slam!"

Pikachu rushed forward and slammed Quagsire with its tail. Quagsire took some damage from the hit.

"Hah, this isn't even funny. Quagsire, Earthquake!"

Quagsire jumped and stomped the ground, creating a shock wave. It hit Pikachu and instantly knocked it out.

"Hahahahah! Now how will you stop me?"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Fufufu......yes, I told you not to interfere. Your Pokémon has paid the price for your foolishness."

"Pikachu, my friend! Are you alright?"

"Piika!!! Piiiiiiiiiiikkaaaa....chuuuu....."

Rich and Anabel shoved past the peon to confront Vivian.

"What do you think you're doing? Get out of here!"

"Rich and Anabel, what a surprise. Bella, what were you doing? Get rid of these fools!"

"Yes, lady Vivian! Right away!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Peon Bella
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I won't disappoint you, lady Vivian! Go, Ponyta and Loudred!"

"This shouldn't take too long. Go, Milotic and Blaziken!"

Just as Rich sent out his Pokémon, the Aura Reader activated and revealed Loudred as a Shadow Pokémon.

"Shadow Loudred. Blaziken, use Blaze Kick on it!"

Blaziken rushed forth and smashed into Loudred with a fiery kick.

"Ponyta, hit back with Bounce!"

Ponyta sprang up into the air and came down hard on Blaziken. The attack did quite a bit of damage.

"Milotic, Hydro Pump!"

Milotic fired a pressurized jet of water from its mouth at Ponyta. The fire horse Pokémon took critical damage and fainted.

"Water........Ponyta, return! Go, Aipom! Loudred, Shadow Rush!"

Loudred surrounded itself with the shadowy aura and tackled Milotic.

"Blaziken, let's make this a quick one! Sky Uppercut!"

Blaziken reared back and swung, hitting Aipom with a powerful uppercut. The Pokémon was hit into the sky, and when it came down it had fainted.

"AIPOM!!! Awww....return."

"Milotic, let's finish this up. Dragonbreath!"

Milotic blew a cloud of foul-smelling breath on Loudred, weakening it further and paralyzing it.

"Shadow Rush, again!"

Loudred couldn't move due to the paralysis, however.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the Loudred. It absorbed its target, fell to the ground, and began rocking......

......once........

.......twice........

.....three times. Another successful Snag.

"Lady Vivian!!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bella ran off after her humiliating defeat.

"So you are not weak," Vivian addressed Rich. "I should have expected no less from the trainer who took down Queen Shadow. But I should inform you that we have resurrected Enigma Shadow, and we have a new leader. On that note, are you prepared to meet a watery demise?"

"Bring it on!"

"Very well. En garde!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Vivian
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Vivian backflips over once, then steps forward and sends out Quagsire and a Wartortle]

"I'll chase you out in Eagun's place! Go, Ludicolo and Alakazam! Alakazam, Thunderpunch!"

Alakazam's fists crackled with electricity, then it delivered a powerful blow to Wartortle. Surprisingly, Wartortle did not faint from the attack.

"What?! How did you make it through that?"

"I'm an Admin. My party has been trained to a higher standard than most."

"Fine, then I'll up it a notch too! Ludicolo, hit Quagsire with Giga Drain!"

Ludicolo rushed towards Quagsire, but Quagsire put up a Protect before it could hit.

"Hah, you thought I'd be that easy? Wartortle, Aerial Ace that Ludicolo!"

Wartortle withdrew into its shell, spun around, then flipped into the air and crashed down onto Ludicolo for a super-effective hit.

"Aghhh......Alakazam, Thunderpunch it again!"

Alakazam hit Wartortle with another electrically charged punch, fainting it.

"Ah, that's fine. Wartortle, return! Go, Octillery!"

As soon as the Octillery came out, Rich's Aura Reader activated. It was Vivian's Shadow Pokémon.

"Ludicolo, try another Giga Drain!"

Ludicolo again went after Quagsire......but Quagsire again blocked with Protect.

"Hahah! Keep fighting, it's rather entertaining. Octillery, Shadow Sky!"

Octillery launched a flash of black light into the sky, where it burst into an aura that covered the area. Soon bursts of flashing light rained down from the aura, striking Quagsire, Ludicolo and Alakazam.

"Alakazam, Psychic!"

Alakazam's eyes glowed blue, then a blue aura surrounded Octillery as Alakazam lifted it up. After a moment Alakazam crashed Octillery back down, causing some damage.

"Should I send Ludicolo after Quagsire again.......you know what, yes! Giga Drain!"

Ludicolo rushed once more at Quagsire. Quagsire began to form another Protect......but failed. Ludicolo hit Quagsire and began draining its energy. Before long, Quagsire was down and out.

"Ack! What?!?!"

"Protect fails more often if used in succession. An Admin like you should've known that.

"Oh, shut up with your attitude! Quagsire, return! Go, Metang! Octillery, Shadow Wave!"

Octillery sent out a wave of shadow energy, doing some damage to both of Rich's Pokémon. After it did, bursts of light rained down and struck Metang, Alakazam and Ludicolo.

"Alakazam, Fire Punch that Metang!"

Alakazam's fists this time turned into small fireballs, then it delivered a powerful blow to Metang.

"Ludicolo, Brick Break!"

Ludicolo jumped forth again and punched Octillery, doing some more damage to it.

"Octillery, Shadow Rush!"

Octillery surrounded itself with the shadowy aura and tackled Alakazam.

"Metang, Aerial Ace!"

Metang compacted its body then dive-bombed Ludicolo for a powerful hit. Bursts of flashing light again rained down from the shadowy aura, htting all the non-Shadows.

"Alakazam, Thunder Wave!"

Alakazam emitted weak pulses of electricity from its body, paralyzing Octillery.

"That's it! Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the paralyzed, weakened Octillery. The Shadow Pokémon was absorbed into the ball, which fell to the ground and rocked......

....once........

......twice.........

.......three times. Rich had successfully Snagged Octillery.

"My Shadow Pokémon! Oh, now I will make you pay! Go, Seadra! Metang, use Meteor Mash!"

Metang's claw glowed with a bright shine, then it delivered a crushing blow to Alakazam, who fainted as a result.

"So you took one down. Big deal. Return, Alakazam! Go, Blaziken!"

As soon as Rich sent out Blaziken, ever more bursts of light rained down and struck all the Pokémon in battle.

"Blaziken, finish off that Metang with a Flamethrower!"

Blaziken loosed a stream of flames at Metang. When the fire cleared, Metang had fainted.

"I won't be bested by you! Return, Metang! Go, Clamperl!"

"Ludicolo, Giga Drain!"

Ludicolo jumped onto Seadra and drained nearly all of its energy.

"Seadra, time for a Hydro Pump!"

Seadra fired a jet of pressurized water at Blaziken, but its attack missed. Bursts of light hit all the Pokémon one more time, then the shadowy aura cleared from the sky.

"Blaziken, Sky Uppercut!"

Blaziken rushed forward and hit Seadra with a powerful uppercut. Seadra, already weakened, couldn't take any more and fainted.

"...............Seadra....return......"

"Go for the win, Ludicolo! Giga Drain!"

Ludicolo pounced on Clamperl and drained all of its energy. The critical damage from this attack made Clamperl faint.

"Oh no! I've been washed out!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I don't believe this! How could I lose to you?!!"

"Your team was very weak......."

"Shut up! Tell you what, I'll let it go this time. But if you ever mess with me again, ooh, you'll be sorry for it!"

Vivian ran off.

"That was incredible work, Rich," Eagun complimented.

"Think nothing of it. We couldn't let them destroy the Relic Stone."

"Is your Pikachu okay, Eagun?" Anabel asked in concern.

"He's fine. Just a little shaken up, right pal?"

"Pika piiiiiiiiiiiikkaaa!"

"Now, I am glad you came to my rescue. Thank you. It is frightening, however, that Enigma Shadow has been resurrected. Please let me have your P*DA number so I can call you with anything I hear." Rich gave Eagun the P*DA number. "Very well. You should go back to the Pokémon HQ Lab and tell Krane what has happened. I will be in touch."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Pokémon HQ Lab, Krane met Rich and Anabel in the main lobby.

"So how was Agate Village?"

"There was trouble there. I battled several crooks with Shadow Pokémon, and not only that, they have resurrected Enigma Shadow."

"What?!! Is this true, what he says, Anabel?"

"Yes, unfortunately......."

"This calls for something special. Come with me."

Krane led Rich and Anabel to the room on the right side of the first floor, a room with a glowing plate on the floor and a touchscreen control panel right in front of it.

"This is the Purify Chamber, Rich and Anabel. We developed it three years ago to purify the Shadow Pokémon made by Cipher, but we didn't expect to need it again. I'll need to get in touch with Ein to work with him on the purification of these new Shadow Pokémon."

"Very well, where should Anabel and I go next?"

"Pyrite Town. It is to the southeast but is rather far. There you can participate in the first Colosseum Challenge. Is that what you plan to do?"

"Yes. Is that alright, Anabel?"

"Sure is."

"Let's hit the road, then."

"I wish you luck in the challenges!" Krane called as they left the Lab.

Enigma Shadow has returned! Rich managed to defeat two peons and Shadow Admin Vivian while Snagging their Shadow Pokémon. What awaits in Pyrite Town? Stay tuned!

END of CHAPTER ONE

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Again, great work. I'm surprised a freakin' ADMIN has such weaklings. Oh well, their loss is Rich's gain, I suppose.
    I liked Scizor before Scizor was cool.
    -

Hooray! Everyone's favorite Butler is back! With a sequel! *reads Prologue and Chapter 1*

Glad to see Rich and Anabel again (though because this is a sequel, I kind of expected it). *sighs* Enigma Shadow's back again? Geez, these people just don't know when to give up, do they? Ah well, great work as usual, and I'm already looking forward to the next Chapter!

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

ribonucleic Guest

Rich has some mad pokemon. Great work once again Butler, and it was nice to see some good battle scenes too.

Talking

another great chapter...yay!

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Ummm another great chapter. Just one thing wasn't an Admin named Vivian mentioned in the Next Orre Game ideas thread?
    Anime Bishie: Dorapion
    Clamied Ships
    Wes X Rui - Pokemon Collosseum
    Ron X Yori - Kim Possible

Yay! You've followed up the excellent Enigma Shadow quite nicely! The pregancy section: how do you do it?

I can't wait in particular for the Colosseum battles and Michael's Great Butler debut.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Stunning work! I can't say much more, but I liked how you had Vivian. As in the anime? Anyway, keep it up!
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

XD Moment of the Day.
    "Whew........" Rich gasped. "How do you think they walk up those paths?! We're sixty years younger than most of them and we're tired from it!"
    Seriously, I'm wondering that too. Maybe they all have an Abra to teleport them everywhere.

Plot Twist of the Day.
    Suddenly, a man dressed like a farmer rushed in through the front door.

"Eagun! Eagun, sir, there's trouble! Some outsiders shoved me down and went into the Relic Forest!"

"WHAT?!! Oh, forget the details! It can wait!"

Eagun rushed out, but the man stayed and turned around to face Rich, Anabel and Beluh.

"Heheheh. What a fool. The Admin in charge of our squad will deal with him. As for you three, you can't go anywhere after seeing me!"

The farmer spun around and turned into another armored thug.
    Wasn't expecting that. I quite enjoyed that surprise. ^-^

Other.
    "Fufufu......
    That kind of laugh always creeped me out.
    ~

Anyway, if you were trying to protray the game then you have been doing a good job at it. This is really something that I think Nintendo would cook up. I guess description isn't needed in every situation in this kind of story.

Seriously, great job on improving though. Every chapter I see a change in your description.
    Proud to work with NASA

Paired with aquajet16 <3

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could I have not noticed this yesterday?!?!

On other note: Good work. Very good, though you could've explained their actions more though. ^_^

Very short review. Bye!

~PEACE~

//One sanctuary. One fandom. A new type of sophisticated... crack.
    ; died and rose again... for a while
    ; reviewer profile [ x ]

I never expected the farmer being a peon, I thought he was the one that is always at the entrance of the relic forest. Nice way of introducing an admin at just the "start" of the story, but she was way yo week to be an admin (Enigma Shadow, what happened to you?, I thought that your admins were strong...) Looking forward to the next chapter, and guess what I'm going to say in this moment, you guessed, Keep It Up.

Is she pregnant? lol
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

Talking

whens the next chaoter going to be up?

whens the next chaoter going to be up?
    As soon as I get it up. Seriously, with all the nonsense going on right now, I'll do it as quickly as I can. Surely you'd want a quality chapter over something crappy and rushed, right?

I never expected the farmer being a peon, I thought he was the one that is always at the entrance of the relic forest.
    He was an imitation, the real one was knocked out and thrown in the water near the Taillow guy when he wasn't looking.

(Enigma Shadow, what happened to you?, I thought that your admins were strong...
    She was weak because she was the very first. Keep in mind that even though Tucker was the first admin before, he has a much longer history as a strong trainer. They had to rebuild from what little they had left.

On other note: Good work. Very good, though you could've explained their actions more though. ^_^
    Hmmmm? I thank you for your kind comment, but I must admit I don't really understand what you mean by 'explaining their actions.'

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Well, here it is.....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER TWO: Pyrite Colosseum Gold

Pyrite Town. Perhaps this was the place Prof. Krane was talking about when he mentioned 'the rough parts of Orre.' The whole town was built into a thin, shallow, and muddy valley. The steel buildings hugging the valley walls were all different colors and sizes, sharing only their dilapidated condition. As Rich and Anabel pulled up at the entrance to the town limits and dismounted the scooter, they eyed the area warily.

"Rich......I don't like the looks of this place. I bet there are lots of crooks about."

"Pyrite used to have a really bad reputation as a town of lawless chaos, but since Cipher was defeated it's become peaceful. I doubt we'll have much trouble."

Rich and Anabel walked into the town calmly, or at least as calmly as they could. Soon, a green haired man wearing all black and goggles on his head approached them.

"Hello! Welcome to Pyrite Town! I'm Cail, the town's gatekeeper. I hope you'll enjoy your visit here."

"See, Anabel? This guy's a good sort. I bet Pyrite's really improved since the last time I visited."

"In fact, I'd like to help you celebrate your visit myself. I'll do that by introducing you to the deepest tradition of Pyrite. Let's battle!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Rogue Cail
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I'll show you what it means to be Pyrite's gatekeeper! Go, Houndoom and Granbull!"

"Well, if that's your tradition, I'll show you mine--no mercy whatsoever! Go, Tyranitar and Salamence! Salamence, let's kick this off with a bang! Dragon Claw!"

Salamence breathed green flames on its claws, then flew forward and slashed Houndoom with great power.

"Houndoom, hit back! Crunch!"

Houndoom was able to quickly make contact with Salamence due to the dragon's close proximity to it. Houndoom viciously crunched down on Salamence's wing, causing it to roar in pain and fly over itself in circles to throw the attack off---which it eventually did.

"Tyranitar, Rock Slide!"

Tyranitar drilled the ground with its claw, kicking up several large rocks at Cail's team. Both Granbull and Houndoom managed to dodge, however.

"Ahaha! Take this, now---Brick Break!"

Granbull tensed up all the muscles in its body. It then rushed at Tyranitar and punched forcefully, causing very high damage.

"Salamence! Use another Dragon Claw on Houndoom!!"

Salamence repeated its earlier attack, breathing green flames on its claw and flying at Houndoom.

"Endure that hit!"

Just before the hit, Houndoom braced itself. It took the impact of Dragon Claw head-on, but did not faint.

"Now, Houndoom, follow it up with Reversal!"

Houndoom howled......a bone-chilling, echoing howl. As it howled its body began to glow red, then when it was glowing a bright crimson shade, it suddenly rushed forward and slammed into Tyranitar. Tyranitar fainted.

"Well! I must say I am surprised. You aren't Pyrite's gatekeeper for nothing! Tyranitar, return. Go, Milotic!"

"Granbull, Double-Edge!"

Granbull tensed up again, and rushed at Milotic. It hit with a crushing tackle and caused high damage to its target, then took some backlash to itself.

"Salamence, finish off that Houndoom this time! Hydro Pump!"

Salamence landed on Rich's side and fired a jet of water from its mouth at Houndoom. Houndoom attempted to Endure again.....but failed and fainted.

"Gwoooh! Houndoom, return! Go, Shiftry!"

"Milotic, Ice Beam!"

The moment Shiftry popped out of Cail's Poké Ball, Milotic instantly fired a beam of ice at it. It had no chance to defend, and was taken down instantly.

"Ahahahah! Well done, old friend! Well done!"

"Nooooooh.....Shiftry, return.....Machamp, it's up to you now! Granbull, Facade!"

Granbull glowed with rainbow colors then tackled Salamence. Salamence didn't take much from the blow.

"Do it, Salamence! Brick Break!"

Salamence flew up again, then dive-bombed Granbull with its claws extended out in front of it. The impact caused very high damage.

"Milotic, let's start to wrap this up! Surf!"

Rich thrust his arm out and pointed forward to accentuate this attack. Milotic formed a huge wave of water, then crashed it down on Cail's last two Pokémon---fainting Granbull and hitting Machamp fairly strongly.

"G-Granbull, return! Go, Machamp, use Cross Chop!"

Machamp lunged at Milotic with all four of its arms flailing in a crossing motion. Milotic managed to dodge the attack, but barely.

"Salamence, the finisher! Aerial Ace!"

Salamence turned around and dive-bombed Machamp from the air, instantly taking it down.

"Gwoooooooooooooh!!! I trained my party well, too!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Hahahah, I should've expected no less. I assume you're off to the Colosseum then?"

"That's where we were going," Anabel replied.

"I'll wish you luck there, then. Do check out the sights of Pyrite first, though."

Cail walked off. Rich then took out and opened up the travel guide, looking for things to see in Pyrite Town.

"Let's see, Anabel........Fateen's Fortune Telling Chamber: World-famous seer reads your fortune with a guarantee of accuracy! Sounds nice, wanna check it out?"

"Sure, Rich....it is right in front of us."

Sure enough, there it was.....a white building with the words "FORTUNE TELLING" painted over its door. Rich and Anabel went in, to find themselves across the table from a very old woman, Candles sat on the left and right sides of the table, a crystal ball in the middle.

"Be it a person, place or luck, I will help you find it. Welcome, children, to Fateen's Fortune Telling Chamber. I will be pleased to divine your fate."

"Yes, Miss Fateen......please, tell us what is in store for Anabel and I's marriage and what threats we will face from Enigma Shadow in the future."

"Very well, your trust shall not be betrayed. Kwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!"

Fateen peered into her crystal ball, then recoiled slightly.

"What is it?!"

"A-Anabel.....it is......I see the black auras of Shadow Pokémon. I also see something truly nightmarish....it is an evil force never before seen in the world that can transform Pokémon into Shadow Pokémon. Darkness clouds my sight......but I can see that you will be betrayed by someone you thought you could trust and seperated from each other at this villain's hand. Your bond will be put to tests beyond comprehension as you struggle to overcome the awesome might of Enigma Shadow's new leader and their evil plan."

"Is there more?" Rich asked nervously.

"No. Only that you must speak to both Sherles, the chief of police, and Duking, the leader of Pyrite Town. Go to the circular building just down the road from here, that is Sherles's police outpost."

Rich and Anabel nodded their thanks to Fateen, looked at each other gravely, and left. They went down the road without saying a word and entered the building Fateen had told them to. Inside there was a gray haired man in a police uniform sitting behind a desk. His gray moustache complemented his hair perfectly. Behind him were several wanted posters, the only one of any note being of a burly-looking man with jagged eyebrows and a jagged moustache.

"Hrm? Have I seen your faces before?"

"Perhaps, I've heard we've been on the ONBS before. My name is Rich Mistbloom, and this is my wife Anabel."

"Pleased to meet the two of you! My name is Sherles. I'm the chief of police in this town. Is there something I can do for you?"

"Rich and I have some rather bad news, Chief. Enigma Shadow, the evil organization we destroyed one year ago, has returned. They're in the Orre Region and producing Shadow Pokémon again."

"Oh! Oh my....that is not good. I'll get the word out at once for Orre's residents to be vigilant. Are you kids heading off to the Colosseum?" Rich and Anabel nodded. "Maybe first you should stop off and talk to Duking and Silva, the managers of the Colosseum and leaders of this town. They might have information for you."

"Thank you, sir. Anabel, we had better get going, we don't know what might be waiting for us."

"Yeah, but which house is Duking's?"

"It's the orange building with the Poké Ball painted on it," Sherles advised.

"OK, thank you. Let's be on our way."

Rich and Anabel left the police station and went farther into Pyrite Town. It wasn't long before Duking's office, a large white building (the cleanest and most upkept in all Pyrite) and the crumbling glass dome of the Colosseum all came into view. They went into Duking's office, where a muscular man in a black T-shirt sat behind a small desk. Standing next to him was a younger man with spiked silver hair.

"Is this the place to talk to Mr. Duking?"

"Wahahah! Indeed it is, lad!" The muscular man laughed. "I'm Duking and this is my assistant, Silva."

"Pleased to meet you two," Silva nodded politely.

"I already heard from Sherles that you were coming, Rich and Anabel." Duking seemed much more serious now. "It's terrible that Enigma Shadow has resurrected itself again. I have no information to give you, sadly. All I can say is that I hope you'll have time to compete at the Colosseum. Whoa! Speaking of which, I've got to be off to the Colosseum now! Silva, tend to these guests for me, OK?"

Silva nodded, then Duking got up and left.

"Well.......there's not much I can do for you, either. We don't take reservations for the Colosseum here, you need to sign up at the front desk there. I would recommend checking out the Museum, though. It's that big white building just before the bridge over where The Under used to be."

"Thank you, Silva."

"You're most welcome, Anabel. I'll be wishing for Enigma Shadow's defeat from here. I'll tell you what, though---this sure isn't a time to be dressing up like a Plusle. What a bummer....." Rich and Anabel's eyes went wide at Silva's offhand comment. "Oh! Strike that from the record! It's not like I said I wanted to wear ladies' dresses or anything like that. I will be wishing for your success."

"Uh, thanks, I guess. Rich, let's go."

Rich and Anabel left the building, walked a bit further down the road and went into the large white building. Right at the front they were greeted by a very short man with combed-over blue hair who was wearing a white lab coat and swirly glasses. He jumped when he heard them enter, and spun around in shock.

"Waaah! Who goes there?!! Chobin knows who you two are! You are burglars!"

"No we're not!"

"My husband and I came to tour the museum!"

"Chobin won't fall for your tricks! Chobin will mash you and stop your burglaring........"

"Chobin! What is the matter? Why are you screaming?"

A young man with spiky red hair appeared and approached Chobin. He was dressed in a yellow shirt with black sleeves, blue and orange pants, and he had a pair of round goggles around his neck.

"Oh, sir! These two were going to beat Chobin up and steal the museum's treasures!"

"Chobin, Chobin, Chobin.......these are the guests I told you to prepare for! Rich and Anabel Mistbloom!!!"

"Oh!!! Chobin apologizes, then. Chobin did not recognize Rich and Anabel."

"Sigh.......I welcome you to the Orre History Museum. I am Michael, the curator, and this is my aide Chobin. We founded this museum as an offshoot of ONBS to remind Orre's citizens of the two Shadow Incidents in our land---one of which I stopped when I had your Snag Machine three years ago."

"Oh, wow! He could teach us a thing or two, right Rich?"

"You said it."

"So anyway, would you like a guided tour of our exhibits?"

"Sure!"

"I'm game."

Michael turned and was about to leave, but Chobin spoke up again.

"Sir, Chobin needs to go off to the Colosseum. May Chobin take the Robo Groudon? Chobin has stored his Pokémon in it."

"Fine, Chobin, have fun."

"Chobin wants to see you again, Rich. Chobin wants to battle you at the Colosseum."

Chobin then left. Resuming the tour, Michael led Rich and Anabel into an elevator that went up one floor. They all got off at the stop, and Michael began leading them around. There was a statue of Wes and Rui, golden sculptures of Entei, Raikou and Suicune, a statue of a tall man with wild hair and a short, fat man that looked like an evil clown, and finally, a plaque with an inscription on it. Michael read the inscription aloud.

"'Dedicated to Wes and Rui, the heroes of Orre. Stopped Cipher's Shadow Pokémon plan with a Snag Machine stolen from Team Snagem.' Let's move on to the second Shadow Incident."

Michael led them back to the elevator, which took them up to the third floor. He showed them around the exhibits, which included statues of himself, Prof. Krane, a man with tall white hair and swirly glasses with Chobin, and a short old man that Rich and Anabel knew as Mr. Verich. Next to Verich's statue were statues of his sons, Ardos and Eldes. Without a word, Michael led Rich and Anabel to another elevator, which took them up to his office on the roof. Bookcases lined the white-tile walls and a large oak desk sat a bit out on the floor. A TV screen was mounted on the wall, and as they entered the office the news was coming on. The newscaster was a woman dressed in red with elegantly shaped purple hair.

"We bring you ONBS News. ONBS has recieved word that Enigma Shadow, thought to have been defeated one year ago, has resurrected itself in the Orre Region. Citizens in all areas are urged to practice extra vigilance especially if you own Pokémon, as Enigma Shadow may try to kidnap them for creating Shadow Pokémon. An attack on Agate Village has already occured, and authorities suspect Gateon Port or Phenac City may be targeted next."

"I can't believe they've come back," Michael said gravely. "I had hoped the work of our Museum and the ONBS would prevent it from happening again, but sadly it failed."

"We're here, Anabel and I. While we challenge the Colosseums, we'll Snag all the Shadow Pokémon we see."

"Speaking of the Colosseums, I had a thought. I would like to have a battle with you. After all, you're a Shadow Pokémon Snagger just like me."

"I accept your challenge. Six-on-six?"

"Yes. Let's begin!"

What awaits at Pyrite Colosseum? And can Rich defeat Michael, another Shadow Pokémon Snagger? Stay tuned!

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    "Waaah! Who goes there?!! Chobin knows who you two are! You are burglars!"[/I]
    Still same old Chobin. I liked that.

So Rich VS Michael I can't wait to see this.
    Anime Bishie: Dorapion
    Clamied Ships
    Wes X Rui - Pokemon Collosseum
    Ron X Yori - Kim Possible

Hmmmm? I thank you for your kind comment, but I must admit I don't really understand what you mean by 'explaining their actions.'
    Like writing out what they are doing. Saying what they were doing. And things.

Anyway, the chapter was nice, I didn't expect Micheal to be there at the Museum. I didn't even expect there would be a museum either. ^_^ And where is the ONBS?

That's all.

~PEACE~

//One sanctuary. One fandom. A new type of sophisticated... crack.
    ; died and rose again... for a while
    ; reviewer profile [ x ]

Hehehe. Chobin and his Robo Pokemon... Ah, I miss them now. Wonder what his Pokemon are like now? And Rich vs. Michael... That is going to be an intense battle. Is Rich going to call Lugia? One of his Pokemon was knocked out, and hasn't been revived yet. After all, he does have that flute thing, and Michael might just have the three bird Titans: Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno (perfect setup for a battle. Just think of a certain movie...). After all, they were Shadow Pokemon in his time, not to mention the Lugia (XD-001). So in my opinion, Michael is going to be an incredibly tough battle for Rich (even if he doesn't have any Legendaries. Though a Lugia-Moltres-Zapdos-Articuno scene would be interesting. Or a normal Lugia vs. Dark Lugia). Anyway, great Chapter again, and I hope to see more soon!

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

ribonucleic Guest

YAY, a big battle is coming up. Hopefully it is going to be a really long battle. Oh and once again great chapter Butler.

Talking

rich vs. micheil? this is gonna be one interesting battle!

Okay, Chobin hasn't changed one bit. And thats a good thing. I can see it now . . .
    PKMN Trainer Rich vs. Musuem Curator Michael! I salute you!
    I liked Scizor before Scizor was cool.
    -

Like writing out what they are doing. Saying what they were doing. And things.
    Well, I do that to try and paint a vivid, complete picture of what's going on. I can see exactly I how I want it to look in my mind, the challenge is trying to get the readers to recieve the same image.

Hehehe. Chobin and his Robo Pokemon... Ah, I miss them now. Wonder what his Pokemon are like now?
    You'll find out.......    Spoiler:

And Rich vs. Michael... That is going to be an intense battle. Is Rich going to call Lugia? One of his Pokemon was knocked out, and hasn't been revived yet. After all, he does have that flute thing, and Michael might just have the three bird Titans: Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno
    Michael does have six Pokémon in his party, giving him a numbers advantage over Rich at this time.     Spoiler:

I didn't expect Micheal to be there at the Museum. I didn't even expect there would be a museum either. ^_^ And where is the ONBS?
    The new ONBS Skyscraper, which will be in the next chapter.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 27th April 2006 at 12:50 AM.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

You'll find out.......    Spoiler:
    Figures. Oh well, it'll be fun to watch how the Colosseum challenge plays out.

Michael does have six Pokémon in his party, giving him a numbers advantage over Rich at this time.     Spoiler:
    I almost feel sorry for Rich, then...     Spoiler:
    Hope the next Chapter's done sometime soon, I can't wait!

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

cool......

So Michael wasn't in the Lab 'cause he runs the Museum, that answers one of my questions. Seems like Chobin hasn't changed in this years... One of the things that startled me was Fateen's prediction, it sounded quite creepy you know, seems like they will meet someone very friendly who will be Enigma Shadow's new leader,     Spoiler:
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

Quote Originally Posted by -Yoshi-
    So Michael wasn't in the Lab 'cause he runs the Museum, that answers one of my questions. Seems like Chobin hasn't changed in this years... One of the things that startled me was Fateen's prediction, it sounded quite creepy you know, seems like they will meet someone very friendly who will be Enigma Shadow's new leader,     Spoiler:
    Chobin's too good a character to change. I almost wanted to have Rich beat him in the Museum, but then I'd lose the chance to have a serious competition in the Colosseum.

Fateen's prediction was meant to be creepy, but it will make perfect sense once the story ends.

And the guess on Enigma Shadow's new leader? I won't tell, but your odds of being right are 50/50.

Figures. Oh well, it'll be fun to watch how the Colosseum challenge plays out.
    It's going to be much like the Battle Dome crossed with your standard Gym, if Rich defeats three opponents and Chobin there he wins the emblem of Pyrite Colosseum.

I almost feel sorry for Rich, then... *narrows eyes in suspicion*     Spoiler:
    Hm. Hope the next Chapter's done sometime soon, I can't wait!
    Heh, that won't happen now but it might later.

I don't know when I'll have the Michael battle and the Colosseum Challenge up just yet, but I am nearly finished writing the Michael battle.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast