Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon XD^2: The Return of Shadow (PG-13)

Wow... I caught up, and I have been missing out on some very well descriptive action. Well done, you have caught my attention for two hours straight. Not many fanfictions will do that to me.

Your description is making a dramatic jump toward betterment. I noticed humor, surprises, and dialouge are your strong points. I have nothing else to say, only that I am looking forward to the next chapter
    Proud to work with NASA

Paired with aquajet16 <3

Here's a little hint for y'all to chew on: Greevil and Eldes are NOT together. What does it mean? You'll find out soon enough.

About the colors of the Hexagon Brothers matching their teams: I knew that, but I decided that they should have shadows of different types just to throw their opponents off.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Hey Great Butler! I liked the battle between Rich and Anabel verus Misty and Ash. I also liked the two new Pokemon they have there. Man, I want that Laprince!

Also, yay the Hexagon Brothers are back! They are always fun!

Can't wait for the next part.

~Good night, and good luck~

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Here's a little hint for y'all to chew on: Greevil and Eldes are NOT together. What does it mean? You'll find out soon enough.
        Spoiler:- *thought process*:
    Banner by LoffyGlu
    Amidst the revival of the criminal organization Cipher, relationships are put under a crucial test of endurance. Some will grow tighter, some will shatter. But how do you fix a bond that has already been broken?

Current Chapter: Chapter Twelve: Fools' Gold

You cannot comprehend the true horror of Ronald McGiygas

Once again great chapter TGB! I love how Resaix had two differnet types! Is Greevil dead?

Keep it up?
    -XD
    Fan Fictions:
    Pokémon Advanced Sinnoh: Coming Soon
    The Cresselia Project: Coming Soon

The Diamond and Pearl Project:
    COMING SOON

Pokémon Pearl Friend Code: Coming Soon

Is Greevil dead?
    I don't really think so. Eldes could've just ditched him and left to battle his brother. >.>

Yeah.

~PEACE~

//One sanctuary. One fandom. A new type of sophisticated... crack.
    ; died and rose again... for a while
    ; reviewer profile [ x ]

Spoiler:

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Wow I haven't reviewed for a while. I liked the Final battle, that was awesome. I thought that the battle could go either way really. I like the part of this next xhapter so far, and how you diversified Resix's team a bit. And so Ardos and Eldes are apart eh? Well Ardos still has the 'ol Cipher blood in him, but Eldes has turned on him and gone to stop Enigma Shadow (And whoever else remains from Cipher)

~fuzzy out~

Spoiler:- Eldes and Greevil:
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

This fic uses a standard I saw and liked in another one: Verich is the family's surname. Greevil Verich is the father, Ardos Verich and Eldes Verich the sons.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Wow, you have already posted a chapter and a segment, and I haven't replied. In a short way:

"The Misty Mistbloom"
    Pretty exciting, I liked the battles between Juna and the battle between Ash and Misty, seems like Anabel got a huge spotlight in this cahpter!

And for the current chapter:

I don't really know what is going to happen, but I guess Ardos and Eldes will not meet in it. And again the Hexagon brothers not knowing how to count, something funny would have beeen if someone was really missing and they counted right for the next time...

Keep It Up!!!
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

The next two chapters ("Citadark Rainbow" and "Sad Story......Verich Brothers") will essentially run into each other as one big chapter despite being divided.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

That answers my question, but I have another, I think that the one of Sad Story... Verich brothers will be a battle and flashbacks of Ardos and Eldes childhood, isn't that right?
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

You're right on the money.......the Ardos and Eldes chapter will put the focus on them for the time being. Rich and Anabel will play only a very minor part.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I want this to go a bit faster, so I'm going to make the matches tag battles to speed it up.
    ================================================== =====

Greesix, Purpsix and Yellosix all were lined up in front of Ardos, all near crying.

"General Ardos!" Greesix whined. "He was too tough! There's no way we could've beaten this thing he pulled on us!"

"Calm down, all three of you. What is the report from the last two Hexagon Brothers?"

"They're holding off Eldes just outside," Purpsix said. "From the looks of things, though, they won't win."

"Great, great, this is just great! The Shadow Emperor's plan is very close to completion! We cannot allow this to happen! I know Resix's already been beaten by Rich in addition to Eldes. Greesix, Purpsix, pair up and go down to the factory's lowest level. You are to take them on as a team."

"Mission accepted, General!" Greesix replied before running out of the room with Purpsix.

"You, Yellosix. Go outside and tell the others to let Eldes through without a fight."

"Huh? You want us to.......just let him through?"

"Yes. We need all the power we have to stop Rich and Anabel. Your mission is to simply wait outside. If Rich and Anabel beat Greesix and Purpsix, they'll come up. Face him on your own, and you'll have Browsix and Blusix backing you up if you fail."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the cave was a large room, filled with strange machines of all shapes and sizes. Rich and Anabel stepped up to a computer screen near the gate.

"Let's see here......think this thing has any information?"

"It should. Rich, try pushing some buttons on it and see what happens."

Rich tapped some buttons on the computer's keyboard, and it responded by activating a prerecorded program.

"Welcome to the Shadow Pokémon Factory on Citadark Isle. At this facility, we manufacture Shadow Pokémon under the guidance of General Ardos of Enigma Shadow."

"Ardos......the guy who we thought was Eldes's twin?"

"You're right, Rich. That might explain why Verich's cruiser was here....something isn't right."

"This factory uses the highest forms of technology in its operation. By combining old data from the former Cipher Admins Ein and Gorigan with the newest technology invented by our Shadow Emperor himself, we output only the highest quality of Shadow Poké---"

Suddenly, the computer shut off.

"Hey, you two! What are you doing here?"

Rich and Anabel turned to see Greesix and Purpsix behind them.

"Well, so all the Hexagon Brothers are here? I'll battle you and beat all six, so don't waste your time."

"It's your time that will be wasted!" Purpsix screamed.

"We six brothers are bound by sixfold brotherly love! Our power is sixfold! And our obedience to General Ardos is sixfold as well! But when Purpsix and I team up.....our sixfold power doubles again! Come on, kiddies, we'll take you both with our sixfold sixfoldedness!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich and Tower Maiden Anabel
    ---vs.---
    Shadow Peon Purpsix and Shadow Peon Greesix
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You kids should go home and play with Mommy. Go, Swalot!" "I'll own you with my sixfold strength! Go, Shiftry!"

"Our mothers aren't here, but I'd be glad to endulge you in a little bit of battling. Salamence, go!" "I hope you two are ready for a sixfold loss. Go, Alakazam!"

Rich's Salamence and Anabel's Alakazam stared down Purpsix's Swalot and Greesix's Shiftry.

"Alakazam! Open this up with Psychic!"

Alakazam began to lift Swalot into the air with its psychic power, but Swalot quickly put up a Protect and cut the attack off.

"Salamence, Flamethrower!"

Salamence loosed a stream of fire from its mouth with a vicious roar, hitting Shiftry hard. Somehow it avoided fainting, but sustained a burn from the attack.

"Hahahah! Shiftry, you hit them right back with everything you've got---EXPLOSION!!!"

Shiftry absorbed energy into its body, then released it in an explosive blast. It fainted along with Alakazam while Salamence took a good bit of damage. The blast just bounced off Swalot's Protect.

"I should have known. Alakazam, return! Go, Metagross!"

"Shiftry, return! Taking its place is its sixfold partner, Raichu!"

Greesix's second and last Pokémon was a Shadow Raichu.

"Raichu, Shadow Bolt!"

Raichu absorbed shadow energy into its body, then zapped Metagross with a bolt of black lightning.

"Use Fire Blast on Raichu, Salamence!"

This time Salamence launched a large fireball, which exploded when it hit Raichu. It scored quite a hit.

"Metagross, Psychic!"

Anabel's Metagross's eyes glowed blue as it lifted Swalot into the air with psychic power. It then slammed Swalot down, inflicting a critical hit and instantly knocking it out.

"Swalot! Oh, you kids are gonna get it now. Return! Go, Weezing!"

Purpsix sent out a Shadow Weezing, his last Pokémon.

"Weezing, Shadow Sky!"

Taking a deep breath, Weezing absorbed shadow energy into its body. It then launched a spark of the shadow energy into the air, which burst and formed a shadowy aura that covered the ceiling.

"Shadow Rush, Raichu!"

Raichu surrounded itself with the shadowy aura as it tackled Salamence. The dragon was near fainting.

"Use Ember to weaken Raichu just a little bit more!"

Out of Salamence's mouth this time came a few small bursts of fire. Raichu took a weak hit, but this was what Rich had intended for.

"Metagross, attack Weezing with Meteor Mash!"

Metagross's claw glowed like a star as the steel Pokémon raised it into the air. After a moment, Metagross brought the claw smashing down onto Weezing to inflict critical damage. Bursts of light then rained down from the shadowy aura, striking Salamence and Metagross.

"Raichu, defeat Salamence with a Shadow Bolt!"

Raichu knocked out Salamence by zapping it with the Shadow Bolt attack.

"You did well, Salamence. Return. Go, Tyranitar! And while we're at it, Snag Ball, go!!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Raichu. The ball sucked Raichu into itself before falling to the ground and tilting..........

....once......

....twice......

....and three times.

"I feel crushing humiliation sixfold!"

With Raichu snagged, Rich and Anabel could turn their attention to Weezing.

"Metagross, hold off. Weezing isn't much of a threat."

"How, how dare you call my Weezing not a threat? Hit her with Shadow Poison!"

Purpsix's Weezing blasted Metagross with shadowy sludge, but failed to do much damage. More bursts of light rained down and hit Tyranitar and Metagross.

"Let's put an end to this! Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a second Snag Ball, this one at Weezing. After absorbing its target the ball fell to the ground and began rocking.

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

"Oh, Mama, I've lost!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"General Ardos will not be pleased! Greesix, what do we do?"

"Sixfold retreat! It's our only option!"

Greesix and Purpsix ran back into the elevator they had come down in and escaped. However, both of them had dropped computer disks. Rich picked them up.

"Look here, Anabel. "Shadow Pokémon Program Disk 2" and "Shadow Pokémon Program Disk 3." These things have got to be important for something."

"Yeah......but they escaped, and the elevator isn't coming back. What do we do?"

"I saw an elevator outside as well. Maybe we can take that one."

"Good idea." Rich and Anabel headed towards the gate, but then she stopped. "Wait, Rich. There's a Healing Machine here, I think we should refresh our Pokémon before going forward."

"You're right."

Rich put his six Poké Balls into the machine and activated it. The balls flashed white three times, then Rich took them out and Anabel put hers in. She took them out after three flashes, and then they went back outside and into the elevator going up......................

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The elevator ran for what seemed like forever. Finally it reached its stop, and Rich and Anabel got out. They were now at the peak of Citadark Isle, near the giant sphere. Underneath the giant sphere was the source of the lava flowing down the island's face, and connecting the sphere to the island were several cement columns and a steel bridge. Yellosix was waiting for them at the bridge.

"Well, well, well. I see you've beaten three of us already."

"That's right, and I intend to beat the other three as well."

"I don't think that's going to happen. Because I'll zap you right into submission here and now! Let's fight!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Peon Yellosix
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Yellosix throws two Poké Balls, sending out a Perap and a Shadow Ampharos]

"Oh, so we open with a Shadow this time? Salamence, Tyranitar, let's go! Salamence, use Rock Slide!"

Salamence slammed its claw into the ground, kicking up several large rocks at Yellosix's team. Ampharos took a hit, but Perap managed to dodge.

"Ampharos, retaliate with Shadow Break!"

Shadow energy pulsed into Ampharos's yellow body, then the aura surrounded it as it rushed into Tyranitar to cause a bit of damage.

"Perap, Hyper Voice!"

Yellosix's Perap squaked loudly several times, inflicting small damage on Rich's team.

"Tyranitar, send that Perap outta here with a Thunder!"

Tyranitar absorbed power, then loosed it into the sky in the form of several lightning bolts. The bolts then crashed down onto Perap, instantly knocking it out.

"Gyah! Even my brothers can't do that! Return, Perap! Go, Grumpig!"

Yellosix sent out a Shadow Grumpig next.

"Salamence, weaken Ampharos a bit more with Flamethrower!"

Salamence attacked with a stream of flames, hitting Ampharos hard.

"Keep on fighting, Ampharos! Shadow Break!"

Ampharos again absorbed shadow energy, began giving off the aura, and tackled Tyranitar.

"Grumpig, follow that up with Shadow Half!"

Grumpig performed a strange dance to send out blades of shadow energy. The blades hit all four battling Pokémon, halving their health.

"That actually helped me! Tyranitar, Mega Punch!"

Rich's Tyranitar dashed forward and punched Grumpig with great force.

"Now, it's time. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Ampharos. The severly weakened Electric type was absorbed into the ball, which then fell and began rocking.......

......once.

......twice.

......and three times.

"Gahhhh! Nothing's left but this......go, Shedinja! Shadow Ball!"

As soon as it emerged from its Poké Ball, Yellosix's Shedinja formed a lump of dark energy and hurled it at Salamence. Still, though, it did little.

"Tyranitar, take Shedinja out with Flamethrower. Our victory is soon at hand."

Tyranitar attacked Shedinja with the blast of fire, instantly knocking it out. Yellosix recalled it and looked on in desperation, as Grumpig couldn't move---a side effect from using Shadow Half.

"This is it! Go, Snag Ball!"

The Snag Ball was thrown at Grumpig. It scooped up its target, fell, and tilted......

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

"Oooooohhhh, I hate brats!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You're tough enough that I might let you become my little brother. Think it over, and next time we meet, tell me what color you want!"

Yellosix ran off, then Browsix and Blusix came out of the sphere to confront Rich and Anabel.

"That's it, you swaggering brats!" Blusix shouted. "General Ardos has ordered us to destroy you, and destroy we will!"

"The General's inside the sphere," Browsix added. "He's dealing with some important business....an impudent intruder came marching right up on Citadark Isle and started demanding to see General Ardos at once."

"You just let him through?" Anabel asked.

"Oh HELL no!" Browsix replied. "He beat us all upside the heads with his Pokémon! Because of that, we're mad as hell and we'll take it out on you two!"

"Let's make this interesting," Blusix said. "Since my brother and I have one Shadow Pokémon apiece, we'll make this battle a tag team match with one Pokémon from each trainer. Agreed?"

Rich and Anabel nodded.

"Good. Now fall in defeat!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich and Tower Maiden Anabel
    ---vs.---
    Shadow Peon Browsix and Shadow Peon Blusix
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Here we go, Noctowl!" "Go, Sunflora!"

Both Browsix's Noctowl and Blusix's Sunflora were Shadow Pokémon.

"We should be able to do this with no problems. Go, Blaziken!" "I agree, Rich. Go, Metagross!"

Rich's Blaziken and Anabel's Metagross stared down the Shadow Noctowl and Shadow Sunflora.

"Blaziken, start off with a Sky Uppercut to Noctowl!"

Blaziken began loosing flames from its wrists, then dashed forward and hit Noctowl with a powerful jumping uppercut.

"Metagross, you do the same with Sunflora! Meteor Mash!"

Metagross raised its mighty claw, which was glowing brightly, and smashed it down onto Sunflora for critical damage.

"Noctowl, don't put up with that! Use Shadow Rush!"

Noctowl surrounded itself with the shadowy aura as it rushed Blaziken.

"Sunflora, Shadow Rave!"

Blusix's Sunflora loosed a wave of shadow energy spikes, hitting both of its opponents.

"What an easy battle. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Noctowl. The ball fell after grabbing its target, and.....

.....rocked once........

......rocked twice..........

......and it rocked a third time.

"Oh! Oh! Oooohhhhhh!!!!"

"Metagross, hold off. There's no need to attack."

"Shadow Rave!!"

Sunflora launched more spikes of shadow energy, but again it did little.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw another Snag Ball, this one at Sunflora. The three tilts went very quickly, and Sunflora was captured.

"Yeah! Stars like you beating me down! I hope you're proud!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"We're not your playmates forever!"

"Browsix's right, and when I get serious, the consequences could be really bad. That's why I took it easy on you!"

Browsix and Blusix ran off, then Rich took a deep breath.

"Well, Anabel. Are you ready to go in there and confront Ardos?"

"Let's do it."

Rich and Anabel walked down the bridge to the sphere and entered.........

END of CHAPTER TEN (1/2)

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Six times six equals thirty six... too many six!! And do the snag balls always have to tilt three times before pinging?

This buggy question has been disturbing me after I read this chapter: If the hexagon brothers could hold off Eldes, then go off and fight Rich and Anabel again, along with a healing machine in the base, what's stopping them from holding Rich and Anabel off indefinitely with two of them battling while the other four go off to heal their pokemon, and repeat the process when the two brothers are defeated?

Grah! Three new Chapter Parts, and I couldn't respond to them! Oh well, I'm back now. The conclusion to the Sorbera Colosseum challenge was great, really. Though I almost didn't expect Ash and Misty to be the final pair until I saw Juna and her husband as the third. But both battles were amazingly intense, though a question was bugging me after Round Three. How'd Juna's husband get his hands on Regirock? I thought Regirock was a Shadow Pokemon that Rich Snagged in the last fiction. Anyway, Ash and Misty were really good, just as they should be, and I love the humor you're sprinkling throughout the story. And the return of the Hexagon Brothers helps that tremendously. Wonder what the Verich family is doing... And I can't wait for the next Chapter!

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

loved the chapter butler! keep it up!

EDIT: yay! im a plain trainer!

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Hahahabvc87: the Snag Balls tilt three times because that's how many times they tilt in the games. And yes, the Hexagon Brothers could swap places and heal indefinitely, but they're too stupid to figure that out.

TPM: It's already a known fact that there are more than one of the Regis (Brandon had one Regirock in his anime episode, and another one appeared in the Lucario movie) and the legendary shadows from the last time were all clones.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

dududum! Oh well, and I kinda figured that the Regis have multiples, once you get in about the 80s for Mt. Battle everyone has em! I'd also like to say that you made the Hexagon Brothers go by fast, thank you! They are real funny, but they annoy me in battle because of the number of them!

~fuzzy out~

I knew Hexys were to stupid to actually heal their pokés. What if they are smart but the helmet's to tight!?!

Great chapter! Keep it up, whater jsut keep going!,
    -XD
    Fan Fictions:
    Pokémon Advanced Sinnoh: Coming Soon
    The Cresselia Project: Coming Soon

The Diamond and Pearl Project:
    COMING SOON

Pokémon Pearl Friend Code: Coming Soon

Great chapter, I can sort of see you're hurrying up to the Ardos/Eldes chapter. I can't wait for their battle!
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

It's not going to be the longest chapter, but I promise it will be a good one. It's already shaping up much better than I had anticipated.

Basically, it will wrap up the loose ends between the two of them and flesh out their stories a bit more.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

And now, the second part of the Citadark Isle mini-arc.
    ================================================== ======

CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Sad Story of the Verich Brothers

As the door leading inside the giant sphere closed, Rich and Anabel looked around at their surroundings. The whole inside was made of steel painted various shades of gray. Small cubicle walls divided the entrance from the main section of the chamber. In the small entrance room there was a healing machine and a computer, but on the other side of the door two male voices arguing could be heard.

"I'm telling you, Ardos, this is really important!" one of the voices screamed.

"I don't care what it is," Ardos replied. "I am not leaving Citadark Isle and the Shadow Pokémon Factory to be wrecked by Rich and Anabel! The Shadow Emperor's orders bind me to this place, and even if they didn't, I would rather stay than go with you."

"Something's going on," Rich whispered.

"You're right. I think we'd better go in," Anabel answered.

As the argument continued, Rich and Anabel stepped quietly to the door dividing them from the scene, and after a moment Anabel pressed the button to open it. There, right in the middle of the chamber, were Eldes and Ardos.

"---no matter what you say, fool, I will not fall for your tric--huh?!!!" Ardos turned and noticed Rich and Anabel. "You two! The Hexagon Brothers must have failed again!"

"Rich, Anabel!" Eldes shouted. "What are you doing here? It's far too dangerous!"

"We came to shut down Enigma Shadow's new factory. Right, Anabel?"

"That's exactly why, Rich. But why are YOU here, Eldes?"

Eldes looked down. It was obvious he was anguished about something, even though his eyes were concealed behind his sunglasses.

"Some......very important information has come to my attention. Yes, very important. It required me to come here on my own to find my brother, but he refuses to listen to me....."

"What?"

"Ardos is.........so THAT'S why you two look so much alike! I remember we thought Ardos was your stalker when we first met him!"

"....back when I was an Elite Guard serving Queen Shadow Maria and Lady Parfrida, back when everything was how it should've been. But no, it's all thanks to you two lovers that our plan was utterly ruined the last time. Even as such, our new Shadow Emperor should be thanking you for one thing: since the whole chain of command collapsed one year ago, as Enigma Shadow's boss in the Orre Region he became the supreme head of the entire organization. Still, you don't know how furious your meddling has made him, and his Generals---myself and another one, who is out on an espionage mission right now---have been tasked with preparing the way for his master plan."

"Ardos, do you even hear yourself? We weren't brought up that way! We should be trying to stop Enigma Shadow together, not me trying to stop you from helping them!"

"Silence! Your foolishness will not be tolerated here! And after all, I'm sure you remember our childhood more than that............."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A playground. Sand pits and climbing toys of all shapes and sizes were scattered about. Several children, including a very young Ardos and Eldes, were playing on a large, Tentacruel-shaped jungle gym.

"Hey! Look at me!" young Ardos shouted as he climbed across the monkey bars connecting two of the Tentacruel's tenacles. "I'm floating like an Alakazam!"

Young Eldes came down the slide and looked up at his brother.

"Ardos, that's cool! But be careful and don't fall!"

"I won't fall! In fact, look at THIS!"

Ardos swung his body over the monkey bars and held himself upside down by his feet.

"Hahahahah! Ahahahaha! Yay, this is fun!"

Suddenly, a Nincada appeared right in front of Ardos's face.

"Nin? Nincada?"

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!"

Ardos flipped over again, fell off the monkey bars face-first into the sand, and was knocked out. The Nincada just jumped down and continued to stare inquisitively at the unconsious boy.

"Nin cada?"

"Ardos! For hurting my brother, I'll capture you!" Eldes took a Poké Ball out of his lunchbox and threw it at the Nincada.

The ball rocked three times, and Eldes caught the bug. A younger Verich, who still had some hair and didn't walk with a cane yet, rushed out of a nearby building.

"Eldes, what happened to your brother?"

"He was hanging off the monkey bars upside down when a Nincada appeared in front of him and startled him. He fell off.......but I caught the Nincada!"

"I'm very proud of you, Eldes. When we go home later, you'll get some candy as a reward......."

As this was going on, Ardos had awoken and heard the whole thing. Sand covering his face, he looked up, seething in silent rage at his brother and father.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"........ever since that day I've known it to be my destiny to go down a different path than you. They always favored you, even our mother never bothered to tell me who she was until zero hour for Queen Shadow's plan."

"Wait a minute," Rich cut in. "What does that mean?"

"Who is your mother?" Anabel asked.

"Lady Parfrida. She and Master Greevil carried on a short but torrid love affair many years ago. He left her without knowing she was pregnant with Eldes and I.......and as soon as we were born, she dropped us on Master Greevil's front door and disappeared."

"I've spoken to our mother in her prison cell. She still has no regrets about running Enigma Shadow, unfortunately, however she does regret not trying to reconnect with our father Verich when we were born."

"'Verich' is not my father. My father is Cipher's Grand Master Greevil."

"Do you even hear yourself now, Ardos? That's ridiculous! And another thing, don't you remember how generous I was to you when we were younger?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many children were sitting around a long lunch table, including young Ardos and young Eldes. Ardos had a lunchbox with a Snorlax, Electabuzz and Swellow on it, Eldes had one with a Salamence, Marowak, Manectric and Lapras. They both opened their lunchboxes at the same time---inside was rice and some Octillery-shaped sausages.

"Ooh, lunchtime!" Eldes said in glee. "I'm hungry!"

"Looks like daddy made us good lunches today," Ardos replied.

Ardos and Eldes picked up their forks and began eating. Soon, however......

"Hey! My last Okutan-chan!"

A young girl with brown hair who looked surprisingly like a young May had forked the last Octillery sausage of the boy with long purple hair sitting next to Ardos.

"Oh, Harley's so silly! Of course he'll give me this!"

The May lookalike ate the sausage and ran off. Young Harley gasped and clenched his fists.......then he grabbed Ardos's nearly full lunchbox and ran off with it.

"Hey! Give me my lunchbox back! Harley, when I get........"

Ardos got up to go after Harley, but Eldes held him back.

"Don't get into a fight, Ardos! Here, you can have my lunchbox to replace it."

Eldes pushed his lunch over to Ardos....................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"......see? We were not brought up to be evil! Now, please, come with me. This is a very dire situation."

"No. We have already been destined to run our seperate paths. So give up and leave."

"I...I cannot give up. You must come back with me to Sorbera Island."

"Ah HA!! I knew you were with them! We were planning an attack on Sorbera Island, and you want to trap me there so you can force me to call it off!"

"Not in the least! I've come for a very important........" Suddenly, a ringing sound filled the room. "Oh, excuse me."

Eldes took a boomerang-shaped device from his robes and pushed a button on it. A hologram screen appeared, and on the screen was a Nurse Joy.

"Hello?"

"This is the Nurse Joy from Sorbera Island's Pokémon Center. Am I addressing Mr. Eldes Verich?"

"Y-yes, that is I......."

"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this, Eldes. Your father has passed away."

Eldes nearly dropped the communication device in shock. Rich and Anabel's jaws both dropped, and even Ardos became silent.

"I'm sorry again, Eldes. Do you have a copy of his last will and testament?"

"..........yes, yes I do. I'll be along shortly to iron out the details. Thank you for all your help, Nurse Joy......"

Eldes turned off the device and tucked it back into his robes.

"Are you happy now, Ardos? I came to get you because our father was on his deathbed in Sorbera Island's Pokémon Center. Now he has died without doing the one thing he wanted to most---seeing both his sons for the last time. You should be ashamed of yourself. Now, come along with me. You will see him before the cremation."

"No. He was no longer my father. My allegiance lays with Enigma Shadow as it always has. The moment you turned him away from me, you both became my enemies."

Eldes clenched his fists and tried to hold back, but his anger finally caused him to snap.

"You are lost, then, Ardos! You are a lost soul! What Queen Shadow and our mother did was evil! What this mysterious Shadow Emperor is doing is evil too!"

"If you stand against me, I will destroy you."

Ardos snapped both of his wrists forward, popping a Poké Ball from each sleeve into its respective hand.

"I will do what I must to stop you and your evil master."

"Eldes, leave it to us. I'll fight him and Snag his Shadow Pokémon."

"No, Rich. This is between me and him. Ardos, you may think you can win, but your faith in evil and Enigma Shadow shall be your downfall!"

"Your arrogance blinds you. Even if I should lose, the Emperor is steadily gathering strength. He will become more powerful than either of us."

"That will remain to be seen. Right now it's only you and me, Ardos."

Eldes drew two Poké Balls from his belt.

"This is it!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Supertrainer Eldes ---vs.--- Shadow General Ardos
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Ardos leaps into the air, spins around, and strikes a ninja-like pose. He then sends out a Shadow Crobat and a creature resembling a Mawile but with two jaws on its head, big red eyes, and spots]

"What is that? It looks like a mutant Mawile!"

"What is it is right, Eldes."

Rich took out his P*DA and scanned the frightening-looking creature.

"Mapulp, the deciever Pokémon. Type is Steel/Dark, evolved from Mawile by holding Precious Metal in a trade. Mapulp may seem innocent at first, but they will viciously and randomly attack as soon as you drop your guard. Their teeth are constantly growing, and to strength their jaws as well as keep the teeth from getting too long, they often chew on the carcasses of dead opponents. Female Mapulp are known to be flirts with the males, however they usually eat the male after mating."

"So that thing even eats its mate? Somehow it fits you, Ardos. Go, Hikarijask and Snorlax!"

Eldes threw the two Poké Balls, sending out a Snorlax and a creature that looked much like a Ninjask but with a shining white aura around it. Rich scanned it with the P*DA.

"Hikarijask, the savior Pokémon. Type is Bug/Flying. Hikarijask evolve from Ninjask when the Ninjask's trainer has done a selfless deed to help others. Many consider it to have near-legendary status. It has the power to wipe evil from hearts, and is said to be able to instantly purify Shadow Pokémon."

"Wow.....what an amazing Pokémon...." Anabel said in wonder.

"You and your voodoo light tricks. Crobat, put that thing in its place with a dose of Shadow Poison!"

Ardos's Crobat absorbed shadow energy, then fired out a blob of dark sludge at Hikarijask. Surprisingly, the attack did very little.

"What?!"

"Surprised? The power of good will stop the power of evil any day. Hikarijask, show him what I mean! Time Bell!"

Hikarijask gave off a sound that was not unlike that of an angel's singing. Both it and Eldes's Snorlax were powered up by the sound, but the real meaning was the effect it had on Crobat. Shockingly, as Rich viewed it through the Aura Reader the shadowy aura around it faded away.

"Eldes, what did you do? The Shadow Pokémon aura is gone!"

"Time Bell is an attack that instantly purifies any Shadow Pokémon that hears it for a short time."

Ardos gritted his teeth in rage.

"You can use all those tricks if you want, but you will not prevail! Mapulp, Crunch!"

Mapulp attacked Hikarijask by crunching on it with both jaws, inflicting a bit of damage.

"Snorlax, Earthquake!"

Snorlax lept up into the air and smashed down to create a powerful shock wave. Crobat and Hikarijask weren't affected, but Mapulp was instantly knocked out.

"....I just realized, that thing is the Nincada that caused me to fall off those monkey bars, isn't it?!!"

"It's since evolved, but yes, it is."

"I'll destroy it AND you then! Mapulp, return! Go, Houndoom! Crobat, Shadow Poi---oh yeah, that won't work right now. Sludge Bomb!"

Crobat launched bursts of sludge at Snorlax, inflicting some damage. It then screeched loudly as the shadow aura overtook it again.

"Houndoom, Flamethrower!"

Houndoom loosed a stream of fire from its mouth at Hikarijask.

"Mirror Coat!"

Hikarijask's skin glowed brightly like a mirror as the flames hit. It took damage, but bounced most of the attack back to hit Houndoom.

"Now, Hikarijask, Hidden Power!"

Yellow orbs surrounded Hikarijask, then it launched them forward to hit Crobat for super-effective damage.

"Finish them with Rock Slide, Snorlax!"

Snorlax pounded on the ground, sending rocks flying at Ardos's team. Houndoom managed to dodge, but Crobat wasn't so lucky. It was hit directly and fainted.

"That's two for me, Ardos."

"Yeah, I know! Crobat, return. Go, Aerodactyl!"

Ardos's next Pokémon was a Shadow Aerodactyl.

"Aerodactyl, Shadow Rush!"

Ardos's Aerodactyl surrounded itself with the shadowy aura, then dive-bombed Snorlax to cause critical damage.

"Sludge Bomb!"

With a feirce roar, Houndoom blasted Snorlax with sludge to knock it out.

"Alright, Snorlax, take a rest. Go, Metagross! Hikarijask, Assist!"

Hikarijask glowed, then it used a Psychic attack to do some damage to Aerodactyl.

"Metagross, Meteor Mash!"

Metagross floated up to Aerodactyl and swung a claw at it, but missed.

"Hmph. Aerodactyl, cast out a Shadow Sky!"

Aerodactyl released a streak of shadow energy into the air. When it hit the chamber's ceiling, it burst into an aura that covered the whole area.

"Houndoom, Flamethrower again!"

Houndoom loosed another Flamethrower at Hikarijask, but Eldes just grinned.

"You'll go down with the ship! Hikarijask, Mirror Coat!"

When the flames hit Hikarijask, it fainted---but not before reflecting enough of the attack to knock out Houndoom as well.

"At least I took down that annoying bug. Houndoom, return! Go, Tauros!"

"I wouldn't count this fight over yet. Hikarijask, you did well. Return. Go, Flygon! Metagross, Meteor Mash again!"

Metagross flew up and swung at Aerodactyl again, this time hitting it and instantly knocking it out.

"You've only got one left, Ardos....."

"And it's my best one! Aerodactyl, return! Go, Kagesei!"

Ardos's final Pokémon was a Shadow Pokémon that looked like a black and purple Shedinja.

"Kagesei? What is it?"

"Eldes, let me scan it and see!"

Rich took out his P*DA again and scanned Kagesei.

"This creature is not recognized. No data available."

"What?! If my P*DA can't recognize it, what kind of species is it then?"

Ardos chuckled smugly.

"This is a Pokémon that the Shadow Emperor gave to me. It's one of a kind. We created it by exposing a Shedinja to very high levels of shadow energy. As a result, it evolved into a purely evil creature that cannot be purified. It can even turn regular Pokémon temporarily into Shadow Pokémon!"

"That's terrible!" Eldes shouted. "How could you be so abusive to your Pokémon?"

"The Emperor and I share the same opinion. Pokémon are nothing but tools for battle, and therefore their powers should be raised to the highest degree possible. Anything less results in a weak, flawed specimen."

"You.....you MONSTER!" Anabel screamed. "I'll destroy you myself! I'll----"

Rich had to once again hold Anabel back from acting on her raging hormones.

Bursts of light rained down from the shadowy aura, hitting Tauros, Metagross and Flygon.

"Tauros, use Frustration!"

Tauros's body glowed bright red, then it smashed into Flygon for very high damage.

"Grrrr.....I guess it makes sense because you abuse your Pokémon, that Frustration would be so strong. Flygon, Fire Blast!"

Eldes's Flygon launched a large fireball at Kagesei. It hit, but much to the surprise of everyone but Ardos, it did little.

"How can that be? Fire attacks defeat Shedinja easily, so shouldn't its evolution......?"

"That's where you're wrong. My Kagesei is a Dark/Ghost type. No attack is super-effective against it, even Shadow attacks! Now show him what you're capable of! Shadowfication!"

Kagesei's eyes glowed with a sinister black aura, then Eldes's Metagross began to roar in pain as it was forcibly transformed into a Shadow Pokémon.

"Metagross! No......I can't let him harm you any more. Return!"

Eldes took out Metagross's Poké Ball and tried to recall it, but it lept up into the air and fired a Shadow Wave attack right at him. It hit Eldes and knocked him down, so Rich rushed over and helped him back up.

"Eldes, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. But my Metagross!"

"Remember, he said it would be temporary, and you can just use Hikarijask to purify it. For now, beat him at his own game!"

"You're right. Metagross, use Shadow Rush! Shadow Break! Shadow Rave! Whichever one you're able to!"

Luckily for Eldes, Metagross had learned Shadow Break, the strongest of the three techniques. It absorbed shadow energy, began glowing with the shadowy aura, then rushed Tauros for a critical knockout blow. Ardos angrily recalled Tauros, then more bursts of light rained down from the shadowy aura. They hit only Flygon this time.

"Flygon, Crunch!"

Eldes's Flygon flew forward and crunched on Kagesei. However, once again it did little.

"Kagesei, let's teach him a lesson now. Ice Beam!"

Ardos's Kagesei raised its two arms until they formed 90 degree angles to its body, formed an area of supercooled air between them, and fired out an Ice Beam that knocked out Flygon.

"Flygon!! Return.......go, Latias!"

"Whoa!" Rich said. "I never knew he had a Latias!"

"Metagross, Shadow Break again!"

Metagross again absorbed shadow energy, began giving off the aura, and tackled Kagesei, but instead of being hurt the attack seemed to heal it.

"How can that be? I hit you directly!"

"Kagesei's ability is Shadow Absorb. All Shadow attacks replenish its health! I cannot be stopped!"

More bursts of light rained down, striking Latias.

"We have to do something! Latias, Dragon Claw!"

Latias's claw began to glow with a bright green hue, then it glided forth and slashed Kagesei.

"This is of little concern to me now. Shadowfication!"

Kagesei again cast Shadowfication, leaving Eldes with a Shadow Latias.

"Metagross, use Shadow Blitz if you know it!"

Again Eldes got lucky, his Metagross knew the weakest shadow attack. It hit Kagesei, restoring a small amount of health. More bursts of light rained down from the shadowy aura, but no Pokémon were harmed this time.

"Latias, whichever one you know: Shadow Blitz, Wave, Rush!"

Eldes hit luck a third time, as Latias had learned Shadow Blitz as well. The attack restored a small amount of Kagesei's health.

"Kagesei, hit that dragon with Shadow Ball!"

Raising its arms again, Kagesei launched a ball of dark energy. It caused quite a bit of damage to Latias.

"...I'VE GOT IT! Metagross, use Shadow Blitz---on Latias!"

Metagross turned and attacked Latias, doing very little damage.

"What's he doing?" Rich wondered.

"I know! If he doesn't attack Kagesei, its health won't be restored. He just has to wait it out until the effect of Shadowfication wears off!"

Still more bursts rained down, to no effect, then the aura cleared.

"Latias, Shadow Blitz!"

Latias turned to Metagross and attacked it, causing little.

"Finish off Latias with Shadow Ball!"

Kagesei launched another Shadow Ball, knocking out Latias.

"You just helped me win the match, Ardos. Return, Latias! Go, Latios! Metagross, Shadow Blitz on Latios!"

Metagross used its shadow attack to slightly damage Latios, then it was finally freed from the effect of Shadowfication.

"Now what, Ardos? You can't use Shadowfication on them both! Latios, Dragon Claw!"

Latios's claw glowed brightly with a green tint, then it glided forth to slash Kagesei.

"Ice Beam!"

Kagesei launched an Ice Beam, hitting and doing decent damage to Latios.

"Metagross, time to finish this off! Meteor Mash!"

Metagross raised one of its mighty claws and crashed it down onto Kagesei. Finally, at long last, the battle was over. Kagesei fainted.

"W-What? My Shadow powers were bested??!!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You do not know what you have done, fool. Now the Factory is lost! We will not be able to make any more Shadow Pokémon for the time being, and the Emperor is going to be furious.......but it's all just fine. If our plan works out as it should, we will own this planet before you can blink. Today I will leave quietly. But don't any of you dare think this is where it ends. I'll exact my revenge on all three of you someday, mark my words. For now, I bid you farewell!"

A burst of smoke filled the room, and when it cleared Ardos was gone.

"That was awesome battling, Eldes!" Rich complimented.

"Thank you......but my father....."

"It's okay," Anabel comforted. "He's in a better place now, and I'm sure he's looking down and smiling at you for everything you did for him. After all, you came all the way out to Citadark Isle just to fetch your brother, and then you even battled him. All of that was for your father. I'm sure he'd be very happy with you right now."

"Gee, Anabel, thanks. I feel better already........hm?" Eldes noticed something out of the corner of his eye. "What's this?"

The three of them walked over to a desk. On the desk was a computer and a disk.

"'WARNING---Shadow Pokémon Factory Main Computer.' Hey, Anabel. I bet if we put in those three disks we found, it'll shut down the factory."

"Good idea. Try it."

Rich put the three disks into the computer, then pressed some buttons on its keyboard.

"Malfunction in Shadow Pokémon Factory software. Engage production shutdown."

"Good," Eldes said. "No more Shadow Pokémon. Now, I wonder what's on this disk?"

Rich picked up the disk, then the three of them retreated to the computer at the entrance. He put it in and pressed some buttons.

"Dang! Anabel, Eldes, it's heavily encrypted. I can't crack this."

"Wait," Anabel pointed out, "it's displaying data on that mystery Pokémon. Download it on to your P*DA."

Rich plugged his P*DA into the computer and downloaded the data. He then downloaded all the encrypted data as well.

"I know someone who can help," Eldes suggested. "Do you two know Prof. Krane?" Rich and Anabel nodded. "I bet he can help us. Let me ring him up and see."

Eldes took out his communication device and tapped in a number. Soon, a hologram of Krane appeared.

"Prof. Krane, Pokémon HQ Lab."

"Professor, it's Eldes."

"Eldes! Where are you right now?"

"I'm on Citadark Isle with Rich and Anabel. We just shut down the Shadow Pokémon Factory."

"Great! So is there something I can do for you?"

"We found a data disk that contains a lot of heavily encrypted data. We need someone to decipher it."

"You've come to the right place. Ordinarily I'd tell you to send it to ONBS, but Enigma Shadow would go there first to find it and delete it. I have a fellow who works at my lab named Datan, he'll be able to crack it. You'd be surprised at how good he's gotten. Send me the data and we'll crack into it for you."

"Okay. Rich, please place the disk there."

Eldes pointed to a round plate on the communication device, so Rich put the disk on it. The disk then vanished.

"Got it, it came through just fine. Listen, Rich, I'll share this with Wes and Michael and we'll work on it. I'll e-mail you anything we find out, and I'll arrange for new data to be downloaded to your P*DA automatically."

"Thanks, Professor."

"Gotta go, now. Thank you for everything." Eldes turned off the device and put it away. "Come on, Rich, Anabel. I'll take you back to Sorbera Island."

"That's good," Anabel replied, "because we wrecked Juna's hydrofoil....."

"No big deal. Let's just leave this dank island already."

And so Rich, Anabel and Eldes depart Citadark Isle to return to Sorbera Island. Their stay was eventful. Rich and Anabel battled through the Hexagon Brothers, but it was Eldes who had to face off against his own brother, Ardos, in the climactic clash. Sadly, Eldes's father Verich passed away....a fact that underscored the difference between Eldes and Ardos with their reactions. What will happen when they return to Sorbera Island? Stay tuned!

END of CHAPTER ELEVEN

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Well it would make sense that Verich would die at some point since he's a pretty old man. Overall liked the pokemon and a battle between Ardos and Eldes.
    Anime Bishie: Dorapion
    Clamied Ships
    Wes X Rui - Pokemon Collosseum
    Ron X Yori - Kim Possible

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast