Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon XD^2: The Return of Shadow (PG-13)

Quote Originally Posted by litestars
    I'm that good at finding typos.

~PEACE~
    No, it's correct as it was. "Maw" is another word for mouth.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 1)
    Next: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 2)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Nice filler. Rich's Pokemon are healed between battles, right? Otherwise, I can tell Snattle will make mincemeat out of him.
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

woo! another great chapter! keep it up!

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

No, it's correct as it was. "Maw" is another word for mouth
    It was? I had a feeling it was.

~PEACE~

P.S. From now on I'll just lurk here, 'kay? Since I have nothing to do but praise you on your work.

//One sanctuary. One fandom. A new type of sophisticated... crack.
    ; died and rose again... for a while
    ; reviewer profile [ x ]

Nice filler. Rich's Pokemon are healed between battles, right? Otherwise, I can tell Snattle will make mincemeat out of him.
    It's presented like the Final Four in Colosseum---beat the lead-up trainers and get a heal before fighting the boss.

This chapter's just about done, so it's time to reveal new dub titles.

4: Justy Desserts!
    5: Enter the Juggernaut!

Now that that's out of the way, on to the Snattle fight!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Snattle

[Snattle steps forward, holds his hands in the air, then points menacingly at Rich. He then sends out a Porygon2 and a Jynx]

"You're about to be impeached, governor. Go, Blaziken and Tyranitar!"

Right after Rich sent out his Pokémon, the Aura Reader suddenly activated and detected Snattle's Porygon2 as a Shadow Pokémon.

"So you've got a Shadow Porygon2 now? Fine. Blaziken, attack with Blaze Kick!"

Blaziken lept up and sped down right towards Jynx with its leg extended and flaming.

"Mufwofwo. Jynx, dodge and use Hypnosis!"

Jynx took several steps backwards. This caused Blaziken to crash into the ground where it had been standing. Just as it stood up, Jynx was easily able to then lock eyes with it and put it to sleep with a mysterious spell.

"Blaziken, no!"

"Mufwofwofwo! Send him to beddy-bye, Jynx! Dream Eater!"

Jynx's body glowed with a strange aura as it began to power up, then it sent shadowy clones of itself at Blaziken. The clones hit, absorbed all of Blaziken's energy, and made it faint.

Snattle took a bow to no one in particular, proud of his easy work. Rich meanwhile recalled Blaziken without a word and gritted his teeth as he threw another Poké Ball, sending out Milotic.

"Your Pokémon stand no chance against me this time. Give up now!"

"No. You're going down, Snattle."

"Psssh.....I guess I'll have to teach you the hard way. Porygon2, Shadow Bolt!"

Porygon2 absorbed shadow energy then fired it out in the form of a dark lightning bolt at Tyranitar. Tyranitar recieved quite a shock from this attack.

"Tyranitar, it's time for something different. Metronome!"

Tyranitar waggled its claws back and forth, then one of its arms glowed with a silver shine as it swung and punched Porygon2 with a powerful Meteor Mash.

"Mfph. Jynx, Hyper Beam!"

Jynx crossed its hands and focused, then blasted a massive energy beam at Milotic. The attack hit and caused very high damage.

"Goodbye, Milotic. Use Shadow Bolt!"

Porygon2 zapped Milotic with another dark lightning bolt, making the Water Pokémon faint.

"Return, Milotic! Looks like I need to change it up a little......Alakazam, go! Use Thunder Wave now!"

As soon as Alakazam was released from its ball, it emitted weak electrical pulses from its body to paralyze Porygon2.

"Porygon2, Shadow Sky!"

Porygon2 focused and sent a burst of shadow energy into the sky. It went up very high, then exploded into an aura that covered the entire area above Realgam Tower.

"Tyranitar, use Crunch!"

Tyranitar rushed at Porygon2 and crunched it with its powerful jaws.

"That's enough. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Porygon2. The ball absorbed its target and fell to the glossy arena floor. It then tilted...............

.......once..........

......twice..........

.......and three times, then it pinged. Bursts of light rained down from the shadow aura and struck all the Pokémon.

"Well done, Rich. Unfortunately for you, there's still no chance of your winning. Go, Venomoth! Jynx, use Mega Punch!"

Jynx rushed towards Alakazam and swung its fist forward, but Alakazam put up a Protect shield to block it.

"Good thinking, Alakazam. Now, take that Venomoth down with Psychic!"

Alakazam's eyes glowed with a blue aura, then the same aura surrounded Venomoth. It only did a bit of damage, however, before Venomoth broke the attack with its own Protect.

"Mufwofwo! It won't be that easy! Venomoth, Silver Wind!"

Venomoth launched a wave of sparkling powder at Alakazam. This attack was super-effective and all but knocked out Alakazam.

"Arghh......Tyranitar, take down that Venomoth at all costs! Get in close and use Fire Blast!"

Tyranitar began running towards Venomoth. Snattle smirked wickedly.

"That was a foolish choice. Venomoth, Silver Wind!"

Venomoth began sending more sparkling powder at Tyranitar, but Rich's Pokémon suddenly loosed a fireball from its mouth at the Bug type. The fireball burned right through the powder and struck Venomoth with incredible power, knocking it out.

"Venomoth! Aha.....very clever, Rich, very, very clever. Return, Venomoth. Next up is.........Castform!"

As soon as Snattle sent out his Castform, more bursts of light rained down and struck the battling Pokémon.

"Jynx, I've had enough of this foolishness. End these games! Mega Punch!"

Jynx came forward again and smashed Alakazam with its fist. Alakazam couldn't take any more, and fainted.

"This....this cannot.......return, Alakazam! Go, Salamence! Brick Break!"

Salamence burst from its ball and immediately took to the air. It glided around then dove and smashed Castform with its claws for a powerful hit.

"Castform! Water Pulse!"

Castform took a deep breath then exhaled sonic water waves that hit Tyranitar forcefully.

"You use Brick Break now, Tyranitar!"

Tyranitar's claw glowed red, then it smashed Castform in much a similar way to Salamence's. Castform was knocked out by this attack.

"Mufwofwofwo.......hmmmm, Castform, return. Things aren't going as well as I had hoped, so good luck........go, Scizor!"

Scizor appeared on Snattle's side of the arena, then more bursts of light rained down to strike all four Pokémon.

"We needn't show any mercy, Jynx. ICE BEAM!"

Rich knew what would result the moment Snattle ordered the attack. Jynx launched a beam of ice at Salamence, and the dragon fainted instantly upon being hit.

"Salamence, I'm sorry.....return. You're my last hope, Ludicolo! Use Fire Punch, let's go!"

Ludicolo's fists burned with fire, then it struck Scizor---Scizor, being incredibly weak to fire attacks, fainted instantly.

"Well that wasn't what I had hoped for. Return, Scizor! Now, I'm down to my final encore as well. Go, Banette! Let us battle to the bitter end!"

Snattle's final Pokémon, a Banette, was tagged by the Aura Reader as a Shadow Pokémon.

"Tyranitar, we need to get Banette out of the way. Thunder Wave it!"

Tyranitar weakly jolted Banette with electricity, paralyzing it. Right then, still more bursts of light rained down, striking Ludicolo, Tyranitar and Jynx.

"Jynx, there's a spot in dreamland with that Ludicolo's name on it! Hypnosis!"

"Don't look into its eyes, Ludicolo!"

Jynx began to cast the Hypnosis spell, and Ludicolo began to fall under. However, Ludicolo suddenly shut its eyes and pulled out of the spell's influence. Snattle's attack was utterly ineffective.

"Yes! Ludicolo, fight back! Hydro Pump on Banette!"

Ludicolo launched a powerful jet of water at Banette, striking it hard.

"Water Pulse, Tyranitar!"

Tyranitar breathed sonic water waves to strike Banette. The attack did a small amount of damage, but this seemed to be what Rich wanted.

"Banette........."

Snattle didn't even bother ordering an attack, as Banette was quite obviously paralyzed completely. The flashing lights rained down once more on all the non-Shadows.

"Jynx, one last try! Hyper Beam!"

Jynx blasted Ludicolo with the massive energy beam attack. It scored a critical hit and knocked out Ludicolo.

"Ludicolo, return! Looks like we've got only one chance left.......Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the Banette. The ball absorbed the Shadow Pokémon and fell to the floor, then it began rocking.

It rocked once.......

Twice........

Three times, then it pinged.

"Gaahhhh! It's all up to you now, Jynx!"

Bursts of light rained down on all the Pokémon, then the shadowy aura cleared from the sky.

"Tyranitar, I taste victory---and it tastes sweet! FIRE BLAST!!!!!!"

Tyranitar attacked with one last, massive blast of fire. It struck Jynx with incredibly powerful strength, making the menacing Psychic and Ice type finally faint.

"My promise! My political career had so much promise!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Grrrrrrrr......." Snattle was clearly enraged, but he managed to mask it well. "You have bested me again, I hate to admit. This time I will pull out quietly and abandon my plans, but don't you dare think this is where it ends! One day, Enigma Shadow and I will take great pleasure in destroying you thoroughly!"

Snattle ran off to the right hand elevator, and escaped the Colosseum. Rich and Anabel ran over to where Trest and Justy were tied up and freed them.

"Are you two alright, Mr. Mayor, Justy?"

"Ahhh, feels good to stretch my bones," Trest said in relief. "Those scoundrels just ambushed Justy and I in Phenac, then took us here."

"Well, it's over now," Anabel assured them.

"So you're Rich and Anabel? Allow me to introduce myself formally. I am Justy, the Leader of the Prestige Precept Center in Phenac City. Everyone just calls it Pre Gym, though."

"And I'm Phenac's Mayor, Trest. I must say, your battles were fantastic, Rich. I feel you deserve this, so please, take it."

Trest extended his hand and opened it---the emblem of Realgam Colosseum was held inside.

"Really, I may have it? I didn't win a legitimate competition."

"You knocked out four strong trainers, so it's good enough for me. Please, I insist."

Rich took the emblem from Trest and held it in his hand. He looked at it and smiled, then added it to his case along with the Pyrite Emblem.

"Very well, then. Justy and I must be going back to Phenac now, why don't you come along with us?"

"An excellent idea, Mayor. They could help teach some of my Pre Gym students."

"So what do you say?"

"I'm game. Are you, Anabel?"

"I sure am!"

And so, Rich defeated Snattle and freed the Mayor of Phenac City along with Pre Gym's Leader Justy. But it wasn't until after a series of fierce battles in the Realgam Colosseum that earned Rich the Realgam Emblem---the second step to Orre Colosseum and the Orre League championships. With Enigma Shadow on the run for now, our heroes head to Phenac City. What new adventures await them there? Stay tuned!

END of CHAPTER THREE

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Well I guess tehy get to go to Rich's hometown now.

Good work here, hhmmm Snattle's toughness makes me wonder what the next admin will be like.
    Anime Bishie: Dorapion
    Clamied Ships
    Wes X Rui - Pokemon Collosseum
    Ron X Yori - Kim Possible

Whoa, Snattle was as tough as I expected him to be. Without that between-battle heal, Rich might have actually lost! I loved Rich's quote about impeaching Snattle, though. That was simply hilarious. so I guess that we'll see a little education going on in the next Chapter... maybe a Rich vs. Anabel practice match? I'd like to see that... not to mention whatever Enigma Shadow's got planned next. Overall, another great Chapter, and I can't wait for the next one!

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

Sorry for my mandatory absence, but I managed to catch up. The battle with Snattle was something to look forward to. I thought Rich was actually going to lose for a second, but he pulled through. The next chapters look intruging as well, like "Enter the Juggernaut" The name alone enthrills me.

I also like how well you protray the game's characters. Example: the hexagon brothers.
    Proud to work with NASA

Paired with aquajet16 <3

cool,man snattle was tough! thats one of the reasons why i dont like jynx!

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Before I get to the replies, I have two new preview titles to tease your taste buds with.

10: Citadark Isle Factory! Return of the Hexagon Brothers!
    11: Tragic Battle! Eldes vs. Ardos!

Good work here, hhmmm Snattle's toughness makes me wonder what the next admin will be like.
    I'm debating that right now. As I see it, there might only be a scattering of Shadow Pokémon and only one Admin over the next several chapters.

loved Rich's quote about impeaching Snattle, though.
    I had to do it. That just came naturally.

The battle with Snattle was something to look forward to. I thought Rich was actually going to lose for a second, but he pulled through.
    My experiences with almost-00ber Jynxes helped me write that.

. The next chapters look intruging as well, like "Enter the Juggernaut" The name alone enthrills me.
    Believe it or not, the Juggernaut 3-parter is shaping up to being very funny as well as having great battles.

(Don't you know who I am?!! I'm the Juggernaut, *****!)

I also like how well you protray the game's characters. Example: the hexagon brothers.
    I like my characters to have distinct personalities, and I usually try to keep existing characters' personalities intact. I have changed some, like Ein, Venus and Miror B. though.

cool,man snattle was tough! thats one of the reasons why i dont like jynx!
    I used Jynx because it's popular and pretty darn strong too.

Anyway, the next chapter is going to be rather short. It's just a transition chapter between Snattle and the Juggernaut arc. It shouldn't be too long before it's up.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    Before I get to the replies, I have two new preview titles to tease your taste buds with.

10: Citadark Isle Factory! Return of the Hexagon Brothers!
    11: Tragic Battle! Eldes vs. Ardos!
    10: Citadark Isle is the factory, wow makes me wonder where the headquarters is.

11: Will a character die possibly. Also eager for the return of Eldes.
    Clamied Ships

Quote Originally Posted by fireKP1
    10: Citadark Isle is the factory, wow makes me wonder where the headquarters is.

11: Will a character die possibly. Also eager for the return of Eldes.
    To answer:

This isn't a spoiler so I can say it. The new headquarters is in northern Orre, where Mt. Battle used to be. Recall that it melted down in "Enigma Shadow," and now all that's left is a huge lava crater. Noone dares go there for how dangerous it is.

11 will be a a very long battle chapter with occasional flashbacks and cut-ins.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Hmmm... chapter 11 should be interesting, I can't wait for it. I've always wanted to see Ardos vs. Eldes....
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

Chapter 4 is coming together quickly, it should be done quite soon. Meanwhile, here are two more dub titles, for the second and third Juggernaut episodes.

6: The Canyon Conundrum (Colosseum Training! Vs. Gonzap!)
    7: Juggernaut's Snagem Showdown (Juggernaut Rematch in Snagem Colosseum!)

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Hmmm. Could Juggernaut be Gonzap? He's pretty muscular. Or Gonzap's twin? ^_^;
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

Wowza! Is it just me or is this fic great? It is! I just finished reading this oh and it's so good...it's so good...
    And it's so good it inspired em to make a new fanfic! It's called Battle Frontier and have Chobin as a villain LOL!

Oh back on topic. I never noticed any spelling errors even though this pulled me in so much I never checked.

I think the leader is     Spoiler:

Defenitly keep it up! Or else I'll get Chobin's 'pawns' to attack you! LOL
    -Blue Meowth
    Last edited by Moonlight Locust; 19th May 2006 at 11:51 PM.
    Fan Fictions:
    Pokémon Advanced Sinnoh: Coming Soon
    The Cresselia Project: Coming Soon

The Diamond and Pearl Project:
    COMING SOON

Pokémon Pearl Friend Code: Coming Soon

Hey, hey, hey, looks like we got a new reader here! Welcome in, Blue Meowth! Thank you for your enthusiasm, it is very appreciated. If you enjoyed what has happened in this fic so far, you should check out the first installment, "Enigma Shadow," to learn more about the Shadow Pokémon plan of one year prior to this one. I think you will enjoy that too.

I'll be looking forward to your Battle Frontier/Evil Chobin fic, too!

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    I'll be looking forward to your Battle Frontier/Evil Chobin fic, too!
    As will I. I've read your first XD fic Butler, it was great! This one seems awesome too. You've got me (along with every other reader of this fic) Guessing who the evil villain is. I'll keep my thoughts to myself, until I can near 100% confirm them. I also by the way, have been starting a fic idea along the lines of XD in regions other than Orre. I hope some people here will read it.

~fuzzy out~

[QUOTE=fuzzyqwilfish]I also by the way, have been starting a fic idea along the lines of XD in regions other than Orre. I hope some people here will read it.

~fuzzy out~[/QUOte/]

I would read that fic when you would start production on it.
    Clamied Ships

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyqwilfish
    As will I. I've read your first XD fic Butler, it was great! This one seems awesome too. You've got me (along with every other reader of this fic) Guessing who the evil villain is. I'll keep my thoughts to myself, until I can near 100% confirm them. I also by the way, have been starting a fic idea along the lines of XD in regions other than Orre. I hope some people here will read it.

~fuzzy out~
    Glad to hear from ya, Fuzzy. I'd definitely read your XD fic. I just love the whole XD-type storylines with Cipher/other organizations, Shadow Pokémon, and the like---there's so much you can do with them.

I'm putting the finishing touches on chapter four now, it should almost certainly be up tonight.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

This chapter is pretty short, and a little dull. It mostly is just to serve as a path to the Juggernaut arc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER FOUR: Justy Desserts!

One would never guess Phenac City was in the heart of the desert. It shined with abundant water flowing through the city's canals and fountains. The stone canals formed the city's boundaries, and the structures of the canals fused into the stone houses. The water flowed out from a dome at the far end of the city (the dome being the now-abandoned Phenac Stadium) through the canals and to where the currents met at one of the gates.

Phenac was built in three levels. A Pokémon Center, a shop and a home or two were built around the fountain on the first level. Up the stairs, the second level had the Mayor's home, the Pre Gym, and the rest of Phenac's private houses. Finally, on the third level was the old Stadium by itself.

While Justy had gone off to reopen the Pre Gym, Rich and Anabel had followed Trest to his home. Inside the Mayor's house was a luxurious atmosphere. A fuzzy red rug covered much of the floor, and around the room's perimeter were a plush red couch, a big-screen TV, a music software player, and a pair of bookcases. Trest sat down on a black leather chair behind his large oak desk and beckoned Rich and Anabel to sit across from him, which they did.

"I wish to thank you again for helping Justy and I out of that predicament at the Realgam Tower. I shudder to think what would have happened if you hadn't defeated Snattle and freed us."

"Really, it was nothing. Anabel and I, we couldn't have left you there."

"But still, the thought of what they may have had planned frightens me. Three years ago, when Cipher made its return under Grand Master Greevil, Snattle led an entire army of Cipher members into our city. He took myself, Justy, and almost all our citizens hostage, then replaced them with their troops. They even took our Nurse Joy, leaving the Pokémon Center unattended! Trainers who happened to stumble upon Phenac were left unable to heal their Pokémon!"

"That's terrible!" Anabel said. "Though I guess I shouldn't put it past them...."

"Thankfully, Michael---who is now the curator of Pyrite's Museum---came to our city and saved us. He defeated all the Cipher troops then took down Snattle. I wonder if they had planned a similar stunt this time by removing Justy and I from the picture first?"

"That may be exact---"

Before Rich could finish his sentence, ONBS came on the TV. Trest, Rich and Anabel all turned to face the image of Ancha on the screen.

"We bring you an ONBS breaking news item! Trest, the Mayor of Phenac City, has been freed from imprisonment in the Realgam Tower along with the Pre Gym's leader Justy. Reports say they were rescued by none other than Rich and Anabel Mistbloom, the trainers touring Orre and taking on Enigma Shadow. The leader of the gang holding them was Snattle, a high-ranking member of Enigma Shadow wanted after his escape from prison.

Unfortunately, Snattle escaped the Realgam Tower before authorities could arrive. The police do suspect, however, that he was the mastermind behind an Enigma Shadow takeover attempt of ONBS as well as the heist of one million dollars worth of Poké Balls from the Outskirt Stand. All citizens and organizations in Orre are urged to take extra caution as Enigma Shadow has returned with a vengeance."

Rich and Anabel turned back to Trest as the news report ended.

"Well, I don't know what to say. You kids are talented beyond your years, that's for sure. You know what? I'm sure Justy has finished preparing the Pre Gym by now. Why don't you go pay him a visit? I'll send an e-mail if I happen to hear anything."

"Good idea, Mr. Mayor. Rich, let's go."

Rich and Anabel got up and left the Mayor's home. They walked down the road a ways and soon found themselves at the front door of the Pre Gym. It was a large building, shaped like a stone half-circle. "PRESTIGE PRECEPT CENTER---Pre Gym Entrance" was written on a sign next to the door. Rich and Anabel went inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The interior of the Pre Gym was neatly arranged. On the left side of the wide chamber was a short flight of stairs leading to some tables arranged in front of a whiteboard---space which was used as a class area. To the right, another short flight of stairs leading up to an area with a large metallic desk, a bookcase and two devices for battle data-keeping. These two areas overlooked the third raised area, a battle arena in the center. On the far end of the battle arena was a large Poké Ball rising from the floor.

"Anabel, isn't this a bit strange?"

"What do you mean?"

"We know Justy went here, and this is a popular training school, so why is there noone here?"

"Good point......perhaps Justy went out while we were visiting the Mayor. We can just wait for him-----"

The large Poké Ball rose up from the ground, an elevator underneath it. Justy stepped out.

"No need to wait, I was just downstairs in the training area making preparations. Are you two up to teaching my students?"

Rich and Anabel nodded, so Justy guided them into the elevator. He got in after they did and pushed the button to make the elevator go down.

The basement of the Pre Gym was an expansive training facility. It had areas of grass, sand, rocks, and other environments. A number of boys and girls sat on the grass in the center of the chamber, waiting for their lesson to begin. Justy stepped out of the elevator and stood right in front of it, blocking the students from seeing Rich and Anabel just yet.

"Mr. Justy, when is our class going to start?" a boy complained.

"Now, now, Vincent, don't be rude. I have prepared a special surprise for you all today. Today's class will be taught by a pair of traveling trainers who were kind enough to take time out from their journeys to stop off here. It is my honor to present as today's special Pre Gym teachers.........Rich and Anabel Mistbloom!"

Justy stepped aside, allowing Rich and Anabel to leave the elevator. They walked down the stairs to the training ground, and took a bow.

"Yes, thank you, Justy."

"Hey!" a girl called out. "You're that guy from Larousse City!"

"Hahah, yes, that is me. It is a great honor for my wife and I to be able to teach you all today. It's even more special for me because I was born here in Phenac, and now I get the chance to teach the next generation of great trainers in Orre."

"Let's start off with some basic questions," Anabel began. "Raise your hands if you know the answer. If you are battling against a Gyarados, what type of attack is most effective?"

Another girl raised her hand, and Anabel pointed to her.

"Electric, Miss Anabel."

"Very good!"

"To follow that up, does anyone know what attack Gyarados could learn to defend itself from electricity?"

Vincent, the boy from earlier, raised his hand.

"Vincent?"

"That would be Earthquake, sir."

"Correct! You all seem to be very knowledgeable about Pokémon. Hah, with a teacher as good as Justy it should be no surprise. Let's try something a bit more difficult, then. Anabel?"

"Right. Okay, try this one: you have a Skarmory, and you are battling an opponent with six Shedinjas in a Single Battle. In two turns, how can you defeat all six of them?"

There was a moment of silence as the class thought the question over, then several kids raised their hands. Anabel pointed at a young boy on the opposite end of the grass field.

"Miss Anabel, you would use Spikes then Whirlwind."

"That's correct! Would you care to explain how that works?"

"Spikes sets out a layer of spikes that damages Pokémon as they enter the battle. After laying out Spikes, a Whirlwind will force your opponent to switch Pokémon. The Spikes will instantly knock out a Shedinja, then the next one to come out will be defeated as well, and so on."

"Very well done!" Rich complimented. "Justy, you sure teach these kids well! They might know enough to teach me and Anabel!"

"Ahahahah. That won't be necessary. Class, would you like it if Rich gave us a different surprise?"

The class responded positively to Justy's question, while Rich and Anabel just looked on without a clue as to Justy's intent.

"Very well, then. Rich, as a lesson for my students I would like to challenge you to a battle."

"Oh, that's what you want! I'd love to battle you, the students could learn a lot from something like that."

"Good. Let's move to the battlefield, then."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A short while later, everyone had gone up to the first floor for the battle. Rich stood on the left side of the battlefield, Justy on the right. The students and Anabel all stood at the rail of the classroom's platform to watch. Justy's aide, a woman with her brown hair done up in a 'beehive' shape, stood on the battlefield right in front of the elevator.

"The battle between Rich, champion of the Larousse City Battle Tower, and Justy, the leader of Pre Gym, will now begin! Each trainer will use up to five Pokémon in a Single Battle, and the match will end when one trainer wins three rounds! Trainers, send out your Pokémon!"

Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Pre Gym Leader Justy
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Let's go, Cacturne!"

"If that's how you want to play, I'll bring out Blaziken! Go!"

"Rich's Blaziken versus Justy's Cacturne! Round one, begin!"

"Blaziken, get us off to a quick start! Blaze Kick!"

Blaziken jumped up and flew towards Cacturne with its leg extended and flaming.

"Cacture, dodge and use Sandstorm!"

Cacturne jumped out of the way of Blaziken's attack, then waved its arms. A vicious sandstorm was whipped up and enveloped the arena. Not only that, it made a number of false Cacturnes appear to confuse Rich and Blaziken.

"Blaziken, don't fall for that! Overheat!"

Blaziken took a deep breath, drawing in superheated air, then blew it back out as a massive fireball. The flames pierced through the sandstorm.....and hit one of the fake Cacturnes. It did nothing.

"Cacturne, now use Double Team!"

All the Cacturnes waved their arms and spun around----then suddenly, there were dozens more false copies.

"Agggghh.....how am I to......Blaziken, Flamethrower! Hit as many as you can!"

Rich's Pokémon grew angry and began loosing flames from its mouth. It hit several fake Cacturnes, but still couldn't hit the real one.

"Yes! Now, Cacturne, Aerial Ace! Let's go!"

All the Cacturnes suddenly stopped moving, all at once. They all shook their arms, then jumped and rushed Blaziken like ghouls born of sand. Even though dozens of them were fakes, every Aerial Ace was real---Blaziken took catastrophic damage, and fainted.

"Blaziken is unable to battle! Round one goes to Justy and Cacturne!"

Rich grunted as he recalled Blaziken. Justy was smiling as he removed Cacturne from the battle.

"See, class, Cacturne's Sand Veil ability makes it hard to hit in a sandstorm. When used in tandem with Double Team, Cacturne becomes ridiculously hard to land a hit on. Now for the next segment of our lesson! Go, Castform!"

"This time, I won't go down as easily. Tyranitar, let's go!"

"Rich's Tyranitar versus Justy's Castform! Round two, begin!"

"Tyranitar, use Substitute!"

Tyranitar vanished in a puff of smoke, leaving a doll of itself behind.

"This calls for a Rain Dance, Castform!"

Castform cried out cutely. This made the sandstorm fade, then clouds filled the upper reaches of the building and rain began to fall. This caused Justy's Normal type to transform into the Water type Rain Castform.

"Tyranitar, get ready.....you know what I want from you....."

"Ahaha, I think this round will be mine as well. Castform, Water Pulse!"

Castform launched sonic waves of water at Tyranitar's Substitute. Powered up by the rain, they hit the doll and instantly defeated it. The real Tyranitar returned.

"Now, show him your preparations! Focus Punch!"

Tyranitar's claw glowed bright red, then it swung and hit Castform with incredible force. The attack was too powerful for the small Pokémon, and it fainted.

"Castform is unable to continue! Round two goes to Rich and Tyranitar, and the match is tied at one all!"

Rich and Justy recalled their Pokémon, then Rich turned to the class.

"Class, take a note of that. If a Pokémon that is about to use Focus Punch is hit by an opponent's attack, it flinches and loses the chance to attack back. You can get around that by using Substitute, as even if the Substitute is broken Focus Punch will still succeed."

Rich turned back to the battle, and drew out another Poké Ball.

"Next up, I'll have to go with.......Magneton, go!"

"Then I'll counter with Alakazam!"

"Rich's Alakazam versus Justy's Magneton! Round three, begin!"

"Alakazam, Fire Punch!"

Alakazam rushed Magneton and swung its flaming fist, but Magneton put up a Protect to block.

"Good dodge, Magneton. Now use Lock-On!"

Magneton's eyes glowed green as its gaze fixed on Alakazam in preparation for an attack.

"Hrmmm.....what could follow Lock-On.......oh, of course! Alakazam, we can deal with that. Fire Punch again!"

This time, Magneton could not protect itself and keep its aim at the same time so the Fire Punch hit. It caused quite a bit of damage.

"Haha, it's time for the second half of our combo. ZAP CANNON!"

Electricity began pulsing between Magneton's segments, then a huge orb of electric energy formed between them and was fired at Alakazam.

"Block that with Light Screen!"

Alakazam crossed its spoons, and red light poured out of them. The light congealed in front of the Pokémon and formed a glowing shield. When the Zap Cannon hit the light, it exploded and filled the room with smoke. The smoke slowly cleared to reveal Alakazam and Magneton both fainted.

"Both Alakazam AND Magneton are unable to battle! The point goes to both Rich and Justy, tying the match at two all!"

"Alakazam, return. I understand why you're the Pre Gym leader, Justy. You're quite a challenge, but I'm afraid this is where it stops. Milotic, let's go!"

"Haha, you return too, Magneton. I've not had a battle this enjoyable in quite some time. Your strategy of blocking my Lock-On and Zap Cannon combo was quite creative. No matter the outcome I bet my students will learn a lot. It's all down to this now, Nosepass! Go!"

"Rich's Milotic versus Justy's Nosepass! Final round, begin!"

"I suspect he's got something up his sleeve....why would he send a Nosepass against my Milotic?"

"Rich, think about it,"
    Anabel said telepathically to Rich. "Nosepass can use electrical attacks."

"Oh, right! I forgot about that, thanks!
    Milotic, let's not mess around. Hydro Pump!"

Milotic aimed a powerful blast of water at Justy's Nosepass, but missed.

"Good job dodging, Nosepass. Let's up the stakes with Double Team!"

Nosepass waved its arms, then seven more Nosepass appeared and mixed themselves up with the real one.

"Not this nonsense again....I can't lose to it this time. Milotic, give them the best Hydro Pump you've got!"

Milotic took a deep breath, then blasted another jet of water out. It hit three of the Nosepass, but they were all fakes.

"Yes! It's working! Nosepass, let's go for the win---Thunderbolt!"

The five remaining Nosepass lined up and launched electrical bolts from their noses at Milotic. Rich smirked......he knew what had to be done.

"Milotic, Mirror Coat!"

Milotic's body began glowing with a mirror like shine. When the bolts hit it, they were reflected back at the attackers with doubled intensity. When the real Nosepass's reflected attack hit it, it fainted.

"Nosepass is unable to continue! The round goes to Milotic, and the victory to Rich!"

"Hahah! What a battle!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Wow, Rich, you really are something. I haven't had a battle this enjoyable in a long time, nor have I lost like that in recent memory. In fact, I think my last two losses in that vein were to Michael three years ago and Wes nearly a decade ago."

"It wouldn't have been nearly as interesting without your effort, Justy." Rich turned to face the students, whom Justy was already facing. "Well, how was it? Did you all enjoy today's special lesson?"

The students responded very enthusiastically, and Anabel joined in by applauding gently.

"That was very good, Rich. I'm impres--oog......"

"Anabel? What's wrong, Anabel?"

"I.....ugh....feel....fai---"

Suddenly and without warning, Anabel fainted, fell over the rail, and hit her head on the floor.

"ANABEL!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, Anabel woke up in a bed inside Phenac's Pokémon Center. Also in the room were Rich and Justy, who were talking to a Nurse Joy with a Chansey by her side.

"Tell me, Nurse Joy. Is she going to be alright?"

"Oh, there's no worry, Rich. She suffered very minor head trauma from the fall, nothing more. Had she fallen from a higher distance it may have been different, but I say we should be glad that wasn't so."

"I'd say. I'm glad she's alright, I don't think my students could have handled a tragedy right in front of their eyes during a class."

"R.....Ri......." Anabel said weakly, trying to get Rich's attention.

Rich did notice her weak pleading. He turned around to her and took her hand in his.

"Anabel, I'm here for you. I'll always be. It was an accident what happened, but we can get through this."

"I know this is a rather inopportune time to mention this, Rich, but......"

"What, Justy?"

"I had a tip on where you should go after Phenac. But now, with all that's happened, I doubt you'd want to leave."

"T-tell him......Justy....."

"If you insist, Anabel. Rich, far to the north of Phenac is Eclo Canyon. Recently built there is the Snagem Colosseum."

"Snagem? As in Team Snagem? When did they get a Colosseum?!!"

"As I understand it, they negotiated it as part of a deal to stay out of jail. I don't know all the details, but they seem to have turned away from being criminals and now are dedicated wholly to battling. I also heard rumors about a Shadow Haunter and a Shadow Illumise being there."

"Those are the two Shadow Pokémon I missed Snagging earlier on. So perhaps the members of Team Snagem picked them up....."

"I'd guess so. I've also heard another rumor. There's supposedly this incredibly strong trainer that dominates the tournaments at Snagem Colosseum. He calls himself Juggernaut and battles with an amazingly strong team of Pokémon."

"Sounds exciting, Justy. I'd love to go....but I have other commitments. I have to stay here and take care of Anabel. I'd be breaking the promises I made to her if I didn't."

Anabel pulled on Rich's sleeve gently to get his attention.

"Please, go....I....I'll be fine......."

"Are you sure, Anabel?"

"Yes....I want you to go there....follow....follow your heart...."

"Anabel, my heart is here--with you! Are you absolutely sure you want me to go so far away from Phenac while you're here?"

"You....you must go there. The emblem of Snagem Colosseum......"

Anabel struggled to say more, but couldn't.

"......I understand. I will go to the Snagem Colosseum and defeat Juggernaut....for you." Rich stood up and turned to leave, but stopped and turned back. "If we must be apart, I'd like to give you something at least so part of me is here."

Rich took out an elegant flute, carved out of a beautiful seashell. He set it on the table next to Anabel's bed.

"Lugia's Flute.....keep it while I am gone, Anabel." Rich gently kissed Anabel, then got up and again walked towards the door. He stopped right before leaving. "Nurse Joy. What do you say is the prognosis?"

"She'll recover, but she's going to be very weak for a while. I want to keep her here so we can run some more tests, which should be done by the time you return from Eclo Canyon."

"Good. Thank you. And Justy, thank you for all your help as well. Wish me luck in the Snagem Colosseum challenge."

"Good luck, Rich. Thank you for all you did for us, rescuing Trest and I from Snattle and all."

"Good........lu....."

Anabel tried to wish Rich luck, but again, was too weak. She was only able to wave her hand weakly. Rich nodded to her, then left silently.

"He's a truehearted person....." Nurse Joy commented. "Very honorable......right, Chansey?"

"Chaaaan! Siiiiiiiiiii!!!"

"Justy, I'm sorry, but I'll have to ask you to leave now."

"I understand, Joy. Anabel, I will be hoping for your speedy recovery."

Justy left the room and closed the door behind him.

"You're a very lucky lady, Mrs. Mistbloom. You've got a lot of people watching out for you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich was already on the road, riding north through the desert towards Eclo Canyon. He was driving with a blank expression on his face, and his thoughts weren't on what he was doing. He was too worried about Anabel and already missed her.

Rich and Anabel took in one of Phenac City's most famous attractions, the Pre Gym, firsthand. They helped teach a class with Justy, then Rich defeated the Gym's leader in a closely fought match. But sadly Rich and Anabel are now apart, the latter in the hospital while the former heads off to the next Colosseum challenge. Will Rich be able to defeat the mysterious Juggernaut and bring the Snagem Emblem back to Anabel? Stay tuned!

END of CHAPTER FOUR

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

hey~

haven't reviewed in a while... sorry for that! >_<
    You are giving us hints that Anabel is pregnant... or is she... or maybe she is and you only want us to think she is but she isnt... It's getting a bit fishy with all these red herrings you're throwing at us...

I can't comment a lot at the moment, but I will soon! (The weekend is young)

P.S. The flute has returned!!!! That can only mean one thing...

Hooray for filler! Anyway, it was pretty good. More Anabel is pregnant hints and all. Can't wait to see who this "Juggernaut" guy is.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Anabel fainting > equals that Anabel is pregnant! Of course you're not gonna reveal that right away TBG aren't you.

Double team was something very annoying when I battled Justy.

Also great chapter as always.
    Clamied Ships

I just got a theory.     Spoiler:

But that's just me.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast