Thread: Super Trouper---An Abilityshipping Songfic One-Shot

Default Super Trouper---An AbilityShipping Songfic One-Shot (rated PG for caution)

I got this idea out of the blue some time ago, and I began cultivating it to do after I finished Enigma Shadow. It's my first attempt at anything very different than Enigma Shadow, so I hope it turns out well. Credit for the lyrics.

In we go...........

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Trouper
    beams are gonna blind me
    But I won't feel blue
    Like I always do
    'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you

Ash Ketchum wasn't used to this. Battling under incredible pressure was one thing. But this battle was at just the wrong time.

It was the Battle Frontier championship. He had finally earned the seventh and final Symbol from the Battle Pyramid's leader Brandon, and now stood inside the Battle Dome for his match with the champion, Wallace.

I was sick and tired of everything
    When I called you last night from Glasgow
    All I do is eat and sleep and sing
    Wishing every show was the last show

Usually he had support from his friends in tough matches like this one. Right the night before, however, he had a particularly bitter argument with his closest one---Cerulean's gym leader, Misty. They had once been very close, but a new crush of Misty's drove a wedge between the two. Ash, depressed and frustrated after the dispute, called his friend Anabel from the Battle Tower and asked her to come watch his match with Wallace.

So imagine I was glad to hear you're coming
    Suddenly I feel all right
    And it's gonna be so different
    When I'm on the stage tonight

Anabel had promised to try and make it, but the distance between her home and the Battle Dome was very long and it would be difficult for her to make it in time. Ash, even though he knew this, was counting on her to be there. Now that he had pretty much broken up with Misty, he could devote his attention to someone else--Anabel. They were in love but could never say so to each other. They were both shy, and had Misty found out she'd have had Ash's head for it. Ash had planned to dedicate his performance before the thousands of spectators in the Dome to her, and it would be perfect if she was there.

Tonight the
    Super Trouper lights are gonna find me
    Shining like the sun
    Smiling, having fun
    Feeling like a number one

As one of the Dome's staffers powdered up Ash's face in the makeup room beneath the arena, he closed his eyes and reflected. "I shouldn't let that argument ruin my battle," he thought, "but I still wish Anabel will come." Ash thought back on his battles with Anabel and the other Frontier Brains. Noland with his Articuno friend, beating Greta with Snorlax, the last visit to the Dome where Tucker's Arcanine and Swampert failed to stop his winning, Brock and Lucy's crush on each other (a particular favorite), rushing all over an island to defeat Spenser, Brandon and his collection of legendary Pokémon, and of course Anabel with her telepathic powers. He couldn't lose now. But even if he did perform well, it would be a put-on. He was miserable, there was no way to deny it.

Tonight the
    Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me
    But I won't feel blue
    Like I always do

In the past Ash had been often accused of being preoccupied with battling all the time. Sometimes this was true. But now something else gripped his heart, blocking out everything else. Anabel. Ash needed desperately to see her tonight, talk with her, hold her.

Facing twenty thousand of your friends
    How can anyone be so lonely
    Part of a success that never ends
    Still I'm thinking about you only
    There are moments when I think I'm going crazy
    But it's gonna be alright
    Everything will be so different
    When I'm on the stage tonight

As his time in makeup drew to a close and the match was getting ready to start, Ash thought some more. He had felt like this before. When he competed in the Hoenn League championships seemingly so long ago, he searched for Misty in the stands at every battle. She was never there. By the time Ash faced his friend Tyson in the top eight, he was so depressed he couldn't focus on the battle anymore. Tyson won, but barely. To this day Ash believed he could've beaten Tyson and regretted being distracted. And he knew he shouldn't feel that way again before a big match but he couldn't help it. Indeed his dream was to be a Pokémon Master, but now his love for Anabel was there all the time too.

Tonight the
    Shining like the sun
    Smiling, having fun

When Ash stepped out of the makeup room to head off to wardrobe his friend and loyal partner Pikachu greeted him with a happy "Pika!" The sight of his Pokémon friend consoled Ash somewhat, but he still felt out of it. Pikachu could sense its trainer's sadness.

"Piiiika.....pika pi?"

"It's okay, Pikachu. We'll go out there, beat Wallace, and put on a great show for that crowd, okay pal?"

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiika pi pikachu!!"

But Ash knew this was only a ruse. He could go and win the battle, but the feeling of being cheered on by thousands of people was an empty one. There was only one person he cared about, and that was Anabel.

Tonight the
    But I won't feel blue
    Like I always do

The wardrobe staff got Ash ready with much speed, and soon he found himself standing on the platform that would take him up to the Battle Dome's arena. Looking up at where he'd shortly be going, Ash became even more depressed. What if Anabel wasn't there and as a result he lost? He couldn't stand the thought of being humiliated now in front of thousands of people. As any wise performer knows, Ash knew that most audiences don't choose a favorite---they'll cheer for the winner regardless of who it is. An image of himself having to sidle off in defeat brought Ash down even more.

So I'll be there when you arrive
    The sight of you will prove to me I'm still alive
    And when you take me in your arms
    And hold me tight
    I know it's gonna mean so much tonight

Up above Ash could hear the announcer introducing Wallace to the crowd. They went wild for the 'trainer with the elegance of water.' A while back Ash had learned from his friend Max that Wallace was known for his flamboyance and was skilled at firing up an audience by playing to them. The prospect of having to face this opponent quietly made Ash very nervous and needing of Anabel's support even more. Scott surely didn't name Wallace as the supreme Frontier Champion for nothing. As Wallace finished up his little show, Ash felt his platform begin to move. Up he went, to face that terrifying crowd above.....

Tonight the
    Shining like the sun
    Smiling, having fun

"Aaaaaaaand now," the announcer called out, "we bring in the trainer who's won all seven Frontier Symbols in record time! Hailing from Pallet Town, here's Ash Ketchum!"

Ash's platform rose into the arena and the crowd began cheering. The lights blinded him at first, then a feeling of sickness began to overtake him as he looked around at the audience frantically searching for Anabel. He thought about backing out.....but it was too late now. This would be the worst day of his life......but then he thought he heard a voice.

"Ash, I'm here for you."

Turning in the direction of the voice, Ash spotted her---a girl with purple hair dressed in light blue and purple. Anabel. He waved to her, and she waved back. Ash smiled. His love was here, and now the show could go on.

Tonight the
    But I won't feel blue
    Like I always do
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 20th April 2006 at 1:08 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I really liked this Great Butler. I also liked the song you put in this one shot. You must really liked ABBA huh? (I never really heard any of their songs, but they sound like a good band). Maybe you could put this story a little longer like what happens after the battle Ash is in. Anyways, good work.

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

I've never heard of the song but it was still a wonderful one-shot. Hope you make more.

LiveJournal
    Proudly claimed Barrett x Dorothy (Rune Factory 2)

I'm glad you guys liked it! I was a bit nervous about how it would turn out, but I guess that wasn't necessary.

As for the song itself, I think abbasite.com might have a clip of it. Failing that, many Abba fansites have the full song. It's also on the Abba Gold DVD (great compilation of their music videos, would be perfect if it had Angeleyes and Summer Night City. But I digress.)

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I'm totally love this one Great Butler. I've indeed support Abilityshipping.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Great story! Even though I'm not a Abilityshipper, this story is nice! The song fits the story very well too!
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

I never really caught on with the song (meaning I never understood it, XD), but the plotline itself is pretty good.

Made by Voltaic

Arrow has claimed Altoshipping in the Couple Claiming Thread Ver. 3.0! Also supports Abilityshipping and Chikoshipping...and BoltBeamShipping (Articuno/Zapdos), and Pidgeot/Swellow, which as far as I know don't have names yet

Claimed Larry "Pixy" Foulke from Ace Combat Zero as my bishie, 'cause he's one hell of a fighter pilot. And he's got an awesome plane.

Proud owner of the Flying Type Pokemon Fanclub!!!
    Where the name of "Arrow" comes from

I'm glad everyone liked it

I never really caught on with the song (meaning I never understood it, XD),
    A 'super trouper' is the spotlight that shines on a performer on stage, if that helps any.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Wow your story awesome^^ I love it. I wish theres was another chapter for this story.
    .::Signature is being remodel::.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    A 'super trouper' is the spotlight that shines on a performer on stage, if that helps any.
    Hmm...yeah, that makes mse sense. Thanks. ^^

Made by Voltaic

Arrow has claimed Altoshipping in the Couple Claiming Thread Ver. 3.0! Also supports Abilityshipping and Chikoshipping...and BoltBeamShipping (Articuno/Zapdos), and Pidgeot/Swellow, which as far as I know don't have names yet

Claimed Larry "Pixy" Foulke from Ace Combat Zero as my bishie, 'cause he's one hell of a fighter pilot. And he's got an awesome plane.

Proud owner of the Flying Type Pokemon Fanclub!!!
    Where the name of "Arrow" comes from

Pretty interesting story so far.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I figured since you were nice enough to tell me how my one-shot was, I'd tell you how yours was. This is very good, nice description, not rushed.

~Kitteh

Thank you Kitteh, much obliged.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    Thank you Kitteh, much obliged.
    No problem. XD

~Kitteh

I love your story, great job. It was descriptive, sweet, and awesome! xD Keep up the good work!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/1zq7mte.jpg[/IMG]
    S A T O H I K A
    PearlShipper since 2006