Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow

Hybrid View

Default Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow

As the title suggests, this is loosely based on "Gale of Darkness." It uses a mix of original and existing characters, and.....well, read it and find out.

I will say that I'd rate it PG for now, for some violence.

With that, let the fic writing commence!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROLOGUE

“On this dark and stormy night in Larousse City, two champions are about to meet. We are about to see one of the greatest battles in history!”

The announcer’s voice boomed over the crowd assembled in the arena. The location was the Battle Tower, an arena for world-class Pokémon battles based in Larousse City. This night, the champion, Rich, was going to face off against a brand new challenger who had won his way up the ranks with record speed.

“And now, the challenger. Hailing from the beautiful city of Altomare, he is perhaps the biggest threat to our champion’s title we’ve ever yet seen. Now entering the arena……..Adio!”

The elevator on the right-hand side of the arena rose, and a young man with a leather jacket and spiked yellow hair stepped off. The MC approached him.

“So, challenger, you have a shot that only few people get. You’re gonna throw down with our long-time champ! How’re you feeling?”

“I’m extremely confident. I know how this ‘champ’ battles, and I’m gonna take him down!”

The audience responded with lukewarm applause, for the champion was very popular.

“The crowd ain’t quite feeling you, Adio. Maybe they’ll get into it once they meet our champ. From Phenac City in Orre, it’s the super champ of unrivaled elegance! Now entering the arena………the champ………..RIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ”

The audience exploded with loud cheering as the left-hand elevator came up and Rich, a person with smooth blue hair and an elegant suit entered the arena. Both competitors headed to the center of the arena.

“So, champ,” the MC began, “Your challenger’s a handful, I can vouch for that. How do you plan to handle him?”

“Same way I handle everyone else,” Rich replied. “Dazzle with power and swift knockouts!”

The audience cheered again.

“Let me explain the rules of the match. Each trainer has examined the opponent’s team and using that information, chosen one of their Pokémon to hold in reserve. This is a five-on-five Double Battle match. The first trainer to lose all five of their Pokémon loses, and the winner is the champion. In case of a match that’s too close to call, a panel of three referees will review footage of the match and decide the winner. Do you both accept the rules?”

Both trainers silently nodded.

“Good. Then go to your respective sides and prepare for battle.”

Adio stood at the arena’s right side, Rich at the left. The stage was set.

“Adio, as the challenger, you shall select your initial two battlers first. Now! Will the champ’s elegance top Adio’s raw power? Will there be a changing of the guard here at the Battle Tower? Let’s find out! TITLE MATCH! Adio versus Rich! Let the battle begin!!!!!!”

The audience erupted in cheers once more.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Adio---vs.---Tower Champ Rich
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Time for my glorious victory!” Adio taunted. “Sharpedo and Camerupt, go!”

Adio threw two Poké Balls. A Sharpedo, a shark-like Dark and Water Pokémon, and a Camerupt, a camel with the Fire and Ground types, appeared.

“Annnnnnnnnnnnnddddd we are off!” the announcer exclaimed. “Adio leads with the Brutal Pokémon, Sharpedo, and the fiery Camerupt!”

“So you use those two, Adio?” Rich said. “Let’s do this. Ludicolo and Milotic, go!”

Rich threw his Poké Balls. The dancing Ludicolo and the beautiful Milotic appeared. As anyone who faced Rich knew, these were not opponents to be messed with.

“Rich leads with two Water types, Ludicolo and Milotic! Many a challenger has felt the wrath of these foes!”

“I’m not afraid of your water power, Rich! Sharpedo, Crunch!”

Adio’s Sharpedo lunged at Milotic with fangs bared and crunched. Milotic recoiled from the hit.

“Adio scores a strong hit to Milotic!”

“Alright, challenger, playtime’s over! Milotic, Surf! Ludicolo, use Thunderpunch!”

Ludicolo and Milotic lept to the attack. Ludicolo’s fists crackled with electricity, and it delivered a super-effective blow to Sharpedo. Immidiately after that, Milotic launched a massive wave of water to both Camerupt and Sharpedo.

When the water receded, both challengers were fainted.

“Double KO for the champ! Adio needs to get his act together quickly!”

“Arrrgghhh!! Return, Camerupt and Sharpedo!”

Adio recalled the two fainted Pokémon, then threw two more Poké Balls.

“Flygon and Metagross, go!”

The dragon-like Flygon and the metal spider Metagross appeared.

“Adio brings in Flygon and Metagross! How will the champ resp—“

Suddenly, a blast from outside rocked the tower. No one knew right away what had happened.

“Hold the phone, folks!” the MC interrupted. “What the hey’s going on??”

“Wishmaker Tower was bombed and is on fire!” the announcer shouted.

Mass hysteria resulted. Many audience members fled the arena.

“Wishmaker Tower…..my parents and fiancee……NOOOOOOOOO!!!” Rich cried. “I must go help!”

“Wait there, chump!” Adio yelled back. “You leave, you forfeit!”

“Uh……..” Rich obviously was struggling with the decision. “I will…….I…….I…….FORFEIT!!!”

“Then Adio is the champ.”

Rich rushed out of the arena with Milotic and Ludicolo. When he finally got outside after several long minutes, a horrific sight greeted him.

The grand, exquisite Wishmaker Tower lay in ruins. It had collapsed.

“Mama….P-Papa……Maria…..”

“Rich…….” Someone approached him. “There is some happiness here.”

“What?”

“Their bodies were already recovered. They were inches from escaping when the tower collapsed.”

“Wha……wha……WHY!!!!?!?!? ………Ludicolo….Milotic….let us try to help……”

“Lumpahhhhh…….”

“Lotic, milllll……..”

And so, Adio became the champion of the Battle Tower. Rich was so devastated that he left Larousse and returned to his hometown of Phenac City, where he lived in seclusion for four years. But the fallen champion will rise again….and with his companions, a new legend will be born………….
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small note, I created the character of Rich as the brother of Wallace from R/S/E. They're twins, so Rich looks exactly the same as Wallace does.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Pretty good. I like the plot and the characters, the scenery is very good as well. One thing I like the most is the combination of the movies and Orre. I wonder what will happen next. Keep it up, and write as good as you can.
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

Cool. An XD story....Can't wait for more. Keep it up.
    ...Yo.

Not much to say about me, except that I'm back after being gone for a long time, and no one knows who I am. xD

Hoping to get back into serebii forums, yayz

Thank you for the reviews. Believe you me, if you liked the prologue, you'll love it when I hit my stride.

Spoiler:

I should also say that Chapter One came out at over FIFTY pages, so it'll come here in spurts over the next few days.

Oh yes, and I apologize for not mentioning this earlier: Orre places do play a pretty important part, but Orre itself is not explored.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I wonder if the destruction of Wishmaker tower is caused b yCipher or some other shadow pokemon organzation. Anyhow considerating that could one fo the shadows be Jirachi? Great work so far and eagerly awaiting Chapter 1.
    Anime Bishie: Dorapion
    Clamied Ships
    Wes X Rui - Pokemon Collosseum
    Ron X Yori - Kim Possible

Spoiler:

CHAPTER ONE: The Return of Rich

The two men exited the Larousse City-South City monorail quietly, but were soon surrounded by people who recognized them.

“Rich!!!! You’ve come back at last!”

“We missed you so much!”

“And Steven from Hoenn is with you??? This is so awesome!”

Rich and his friend Steven, a gray haired young man wearing a sharp black suit, stood surrounded by cheering fans.

“Thank you…..thank you…..it is good to be back,” Rich told the crowd.

“We’ll meet and greet at another time,” Steven said, “but we have business we must attend to, so please let us go for now.”

The crowd obliged and parted. Rich and Steven calmly walked through the station, and out.

“I’ve forgotten what a lovely city this is…..it’s been so long.”

“You’re right, Rich. I haven’t been here in a while myself.”

“So I guess we should head right to the Tower and sign up?”

“Sure.”

The two trainers ventured through the city toward the Battle Tower. Some people recognized them, but mostly their trip went uninterrupted. Soon, the grand tower stood before them. It reached into the sky and had an elegant plaza out front. Many tourists came to see the grand fountains.

“Wow,” Rich said. “It gets grander every time I see it.”

Steven agreed, then the two went towards the entrance. Before they could go in, a tall man with wild white hair, tight purple clothes and a purple cape exited.

“Rich…..you have returned at last….may your quest be successful. Fufufu….I bet we will see each other again.”

The mysterious man then rushed off, leaving the stunned Rich and Steven.

“Rich…..who was that person?”

“H-his name is Nascour. He isn’t someone you want to associate with, trust me.”

The two shrugged, entered the tower, and went up to the front desk.

“Hello,” Rich said to the secretary at the desk. “We’d like to sign up for the next tournament.”

“R-R---ich???”

“It is me, indeed. I’m planning a comeback, and if you don’t mind, I’d like to get in quickly.”

“Sure! It is a great honor to see you again, sir. Take the red conveyor to Tucker’s office and meet with him about signing up. Good luck!”

Rich nodded his thanks, then the two friends stepped onto the conveyor belt.

“Ahh…..I feel so good being back. It doesn’t erase the memory of what happened here four years ago, though.”

“What exactly did happen, Rich?”

“Steven, it is a sad tale but one you should know. I was in a match to defend my title when Wishmaker Tower was bombed. My parents and fiancee were in the tower, and died when it collapsed. I was so broken that I couldn’t battle any more, so I went home to Phenac and secluded myself until now.”

“Oh my…that is quite sad. Well, we’re here, so let’s perk up and not miss our stop!”

The two got off the conveyor and knocked on the office door.

“Come in!” a gruff sounding voice yelled from inside.

Rich and Steven entered the office. Tucker, a bizarre man who wore wings and an athlete’s uniform, sat behind the desk.

“This better be good. I’m busy, you know!” Tucker began to scold. His mood quickly changed when he realized who he was dealing with. “Wait, aren’t you Rich, the famous Tower champion? And Steven, the former Pokémon League superstar?”

“The one and only,” Rich replied. “Actually, the two and only, but still.”

Tucker pressed the intercom button on his desk and talked into it. “Hey, Jamie darling? I think you better get in here and see who’s here to enter the tournament.”

“Right away, sir,” a woman’s voice responded.

The woman came in quickly. She wore a red business uniform and had blonde hair. She also had a very smart air around her.

“Jamie, you know those legendary trainers hailed as two of the strongest I’ve told you about? Rich and Steven?”

“Yes I do, Tucker, sir…”

“They stand before you.”

“W----wow…I-I am honored to make your aquaintance, sirs.”

“No problem,” Steven told her.

“Now you guys, you want to enter the tournaments in my tower?”

Rich and Steven nodded.

“Excellent. We need big draws like you two here to pull in some moolah, you feeling me? Yeah….so all you have to do is fill out this form and sign it. We need your names, all six Pokémon on your team, and your signature. Then you’re all set.”

The two quickly filled out and signed the forms.

“Great. Now, Jamie, show these two to their rooms.”

“Right away, sir. Steven, Rich, please follow me.”

Jamie exited the office. Rich and Steven followed her, and soon were on an elevator going up the tower.

“There are some rules you must follow,” Tucker’s assistant told the two. “First of all, what Tucker says, goes. His judgement is final in all matters here. You will use the consoles on the walls in your rooms for several things. You can view the tournament tree, reserve a match, and contact Tucker if you need him. Do you understand?”

“Yes, we do,” Steven said.

The elevator stopped and the three got off. Jamie handed Steven and Rich each a numbered key.

“Excellent. Then use these keys to get into your rooms. Please enjoy your battles.”

Jamie got back on the elevator and left.

“Well, Steven….good luck. I hope we get to battle each other!”

“Hahaha, I do too. That would be a great match. Good luck, pal.”

The two shook hands, then headed to their rooms. Once in his room, Rich immediately sat down at the console and activated it.

“I better check out the competiton before I sign up.”

He selected the tournament tree, which appeared on the screen.

================================================== ===
    +++++++++++++Battle Tournament Lineup++++++++++++++++++++
    RICH vs. PETER
    ROD vs. LAURA
    JOHNNY vs. GINA
    SILVER vs. ASHLEY
    STEVEN vs. JOHNSON
    FRANKIE vs. DONNA
    CHARLIE vs. MARC
    CHIP vs. EIN
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

“Hmmm…interesting. Let me see about my first opponent.”

+++++++++++++++++Roller Boy Peter+++++++++++++++++++++++
    -Skiploom -Zangoose
    -Mawile -Girafarig
    -Espeon -Lairon
    --------------------------------------------
    A team with low potential.
    ----------------------------------------
    Emphasizes Attack power.
    Focuses on offense over defense.

“Huh. This shouldn’t be too bad, so I’ll enter right away.”

Rich pushed some buttons on the console, then Tucker appeared on the screen.

“Hey there, son!” Tucker greeted him. “Ready for a match, are you?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“You checked out your opponent’s team?”

“Yes.”

“Great. Now, this kid shouldn’t be too big a challenge for a guy like you. He’s a bit green, so do your best to teach him the ropes, got it?”

“Of course, Tucker.”

“Excellent. All I need now is the three Pokémon you will battle with.”

Rich thought to himself. “Let’s see. I don’t want to mess this up, obviously….so I shall choose…” Then he spoke aloud to Tucker. “Tucker, I will battle with Blaziken, Milotic, and Tyranitar.”

“Finished! Now, come right to the arena. Yours was the first scheduled match anyway. And hey, good luck out there.”

“Thank you, Tucker.”

Rich switched off the console and left the room.

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ”””””
    The atmosphere in the arena was electric. No one knew what it was, but something big was going to happen. Tucker himself normally didn’t MC the first round matches, but something tonight was different.

“Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the new Battle Tower championship tournament!” he shouted, even though he held a microphone. The crowd responded with cheers. “And tonight, our first match is gonna be one great one, I promise you. A moment that has been waited for for years is finally upon us!” More cheers. “Let’s get to the battle. Battling out of the blue corner, our newest challenger was once hailed as a man among men and one of the strongest trainers in Larousse City, nay, the WORLD! Put your hands together for our very own comeback kid, the master of elegance, the trainer of exquisite power….here he comes…….RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The audience exploded in cheering so loud it rocked the stadium. They had waited years for Rich’s return, and now their idol had come up from the left hand elevator and entered the arena.

“Rich, son, what’s it feel like to be back here at last? The crowd loves you!”

“Nerve racking, really. I don’t want to let my fans down…thank you, thank you.”

“Make it a great show, son. Now opposing Rich, out of the red corner…a first timer here, so give him some love, folks! Here’s the skating wonder, Peter!”

The right elevator came up and Peter skated into the arena. The audience cheered, but not as loud as they did for Rich.

“Peter, I don’t know what I should say. You’re matched against one of the best we’ve ever seen.”

“Even if I lose, I see it as a learning experience.”

“Great attitude there. Take your places, trainers!” Rich and Peter took their spots on the colosseum floor. “And now, let’s get it on! Round 1 match! Rich versus Peter! Let the battle begin!!!!!!!!!!!”

The bell rang as the audience cheered loudly once more.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.----- Roller Boy Peter
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Alright, let’s do this! Blaziken and Milotic, go!”

Rich sent out Blaziken, a Fire-and-Fighting type that looked like a huge chicken, along with Milotic.

“Rich leads off with Blaziken and Milotic! We know the power these creatures have!”

“Well, OK, then I’ll go with Skiploom and Lairon!”

The flower-like Skiploom and armored Lairon appeared on Peter’s side.

“Peter sends out Skiploom and Lairon!”

“Alright, Milotic, use Ice Beam!”

Milotic reared back. A ball of ice formed near its mouth, which it shot at Skiploom.

“Skiploom takes a brutal hit and is down!!!”

Skiploom tried to get up, but fainted and collapsed.

“No! Skiploom, return!” Peter withdrew Skiploom and threw another Poké Ball. “Girafarig, go!”

Girafarig, a bizarre Normal and Psychic type with a small head on its tail, appeared.

“Peter sends out Girafarig to replace Skiploom! Can he overcome Rich’s awesome power?”

“Lairon, use Iron Defense!”

Lairon’s body briefly shone with a metallic glow. It had increased its defensive power.

“Lairon muscles up its defense!”

“No problem. Blaziken, return!” Rich withdrew Blaziken voluntarily and threw a new Poké Ball. “Tyranitar, go!”

Tyranitar appeared on Rich’s side. It was a huge Pokémon with a large body and exceptional strength.

“And Rich counters with Tyranitar!! That’s one foe that should never be underestimated!”

“Milotic, Surf!”

Milotic launched a huge wave of water at both foes. When it went down, Lairon had fainted.

“Lairon, return!” Peter withdrew Lairon.

“Peter’s down to his very last one! He needs a miracle now!”

“Girafarig, use Stomp!”

Peter’s Girafarig jumped at Tyranitar and tried to stomp on it.

“Tyranitar, Counter it!”

Tyranitar caught the Girafarig, spun it around, and threw it across the stage. Girafarig struggled to its feet……then collapsed.

“No! I-I’ve lost…..” Peter recalled Girafarig.

The bell rang and the crowd cheered. The battle was over.

//////////////////////////////

“Rich is the winner!!”

Tucker congratulated Rich as Peter left the arena.

“Rich, we expected nothing less from you. What a dominating performance! How’re you feeling right now?”

“Great!”

“Excellent to hear that, son! Folks, we might have a titanic battle coming soon if he keeps it up! Stay tuned!”

To be Continued.....

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

The next morning, Rich awoke and immediately went to the console to see the results of all the first round matches

+++++++++++++Battle Tournament Lineup++++++++++++++++++++
    RICH vs. ROD
    ASHLEY vs. GINA
    STEVEN vs. FRANKIE
    EIN vs. MARC

“Well, looks like Steven won his match too. Wait….Ein??? E-Ein’s here? Uhhhhhh………guess I won’t worry about that. Let me check out this Rod.”

+++++++++++++++++Bug Catcher Rod+++++++++++++++++++++++
    -Yanma -Masquerain
    -Dustox -Aipom
    -Noctowl -Altaria
    --------------------------------------------
    The average team this tournament.
    Skilled at enfeebling, then attacking.
    Emphasizes Speed.

“I know exactly how to defeat this guy.”

Rich then rang up Tucker, who appeared on the screen.

“Hey there, Rich! Are ya ready for your Round 2 match?”

“I sure am. This time, I want to battle with Slowking, Alakazam, and Tyranitar.”

“Gotcha! Come on down to the arena!”

Tucker disappeared from the screen.

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””

“And now, the first of the Round 2 matches! In the blue corner, the master of artistic battling! Rich!!!!!”

The crowd cheered as Rich came up on the left-side elevator.

“Rich, you won the first round match very easily. What are your thoughts on this one?”

“I think it might be a fun battle.”

“Alright. And now, out of the red corner is a champion of Bug types! Please welcome Rod!!!”

Rod came up on the right-hand elevator to a chorus of cheers.

“Hey there, challenger. Did you see Rich destroy his last opponent?”

“I sure did.”

“Did you work out a strategy for this battle?”

“I did my best, but he’s tough.”

“Good luck to both our battlers. And now, it’s battle time! Round 2 Match! Rich versus Rod!!!!! Let the battle begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

As the crowd cheered again, the match bell rang.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ----vs.---- Bug Catcher Rod
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Take this, Rich! Noctowl and Yanma, go!”

Rod threw his Poké Balls, releasing Noctowl and the worm-like flying Yanma.

“Rod opens with Yanma and Noctowl on his side!”

“Alakazam and Slowking, go!”

Rich sent out the fox-like Alakazam and the Water and Psychic type Slowking.

“Rich counters with Alakazam and Slowking!”

“Alakazam, Ice Punch!”

Alakazam’s fists sparkled like ice, then it delivered a super-effective hit to Yanma. Yanma fainted.

“Yanma is down!!!”

“Aaaaaagh! Yanma, return!” Rod recalled Yanma, then threw another Poké Ball. “Altaria, go!”

Rod sent out Altaria, the dragon bird known for its elegant cloud-like wings.

“Rod sends out Altaria, but will it be enough?”

“Noctowl, try a Faint Attack!”

Noctowl faded into shadow, snuck up to Alakazam, and delivered a super-effective hit. Alakazam fainted, too.

“Alakazam faints right back!”

“Great hit, Rod! Come back, Alakazam!” Rich withdrew the fainted Psychic-type. “Tyranitar, go!”

The massive Tyranitar appeared on the field.

“Rich sends out his Tyranitar! What a battle!”

“Slowking, finish this! Blizzard!”

Slowking opened its mouth and fired a blast of ice and snow at both Altaria and Noctowl.

Both Pokémon fainted.

“Whoops! I lost!” Rod recalled his team.

The bell rang to end the match.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go Rich! Go Rich! Go Rich!” the crowd chanted.

“Whoa! Another great win for Rich it is! Your thoughts on the match?”

“Rod, you have a lot of potential, but you need to diversify your team. I played upon your over-reliance on Flying types to win.”

“Some words of wisdom from the comeback kid. Will he keep it up, maybe to the championship??? We’ll find out next time----“

“Hold it right there! Rich, you’re ours now!”

Three men in differently colored uniforms with helmets lept from the crowd into the arena.

“Hold the phone, people! Looks like three goons want a piece of our superstar!” Tucker shouted with his typical dramatic style.

“You dishonored us, remember? Now we’re back for revenge!” the blue-uniformed one said.

“Cipher? Why are you three Cipher Peons here?” Rich responded.

“Hahahaha!” the green one taunted. “Cipher disbanded when Greevil was arrested, but master Nascour tried to bring us back. You defeated us then, so Cipher fell apart for good. We have nothing to do with Cipher now!”

“Bluno!” the red one yelled. “Battle him! Verde and I will go look for the other ones!”

“Right away, Rosso!” Bluno answered. Rosso and Verde ran out of the stadium.

“Rich. You destroyed us before, but now it’s different. Get ready for battle!”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Mystery Troop Bluno
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Time for my revenge! Grumpig and Muk, go!”

Bluno released the Psychic-type Grumpig and the poisonous Muk.

“Bluno leads off with Grumpig and Muk!” Tucker said, narrating as usual.

“Fine! Slowking and Tyranitar, come back out!”

Rich sent Slowking and Tyranitar back into battle.

“Rich counters with Slowking and Tyranitar!”

“Slowking, Psychic!”

Slowking aimed a powerful blast at Muk. It was so powerful, Muk fainted.

“Another one-hit KO for Rich!”

“Whatever. Muk, return!” Bluno recalled Muk. “Marshtomp, go!”

Bluno released Marshtomp, a Water and Ground type.

“Bluno sends out Marshtomp!”

“Tyranitar, attack with Dragon Claw!”

Tyranitar wound up and took a powerful slash at Marshtomp.

“Tyranitar hits Marshtomp with a brutal hit, but Marshtomp is still standing!”

“Marshtomp, use Shadow Rush!”

The crowd gasped. Shadow Rush was a forbidden attack.

Marshtomp dashed at Slowking and rammed right into it.

“A big hit against Slowking!”

“Tyranitar, finish it with Earthquake!”

Tyranitar jumped and stomped on the ground, shaking it violently. Marshtomp and Grumpig were knocked out by the impact.

“Oh noooooooooooo!! My Shadow Pokémon was defeated!!” Bluno recalled his defeated Pokémon and fled the arena.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go Rich! Go Rich! Go Rich!”

“Wow,” Tucker said in amazement. “You defeated that goon like he was nothing! This kid’s just too strong, folks! Stay tuned!”

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

Later that night, Rich and Steven were in the tower’s cafeteria eating dinner.

“Did you win your match, Steven?”

“Yeah, I did. Frankie wasn’t too tough—my Steel types ran right through his Rock types. But who were those guys who ambushed you after your battle?”

“Those guys were once members of Cipher, the criminal organization that tried to take over the world three times. Twice in Orre, once in Hoenn. In Hoenn, I defeated them. It would appear they’re in a new organization now….”

“Mr. Champion…….” Another voice spoke up, and a tall lady with dark blue hair approached the table.

“Yes? What can I do for you?” Rich asked her.

“My name is Anabel,” she began. “I am the owner of the Battle Tower, and I have some very important information to tell you.” Anabel sat down. “I understand you would like to know who those three goons were?”

“Yeah, I would…”

“They were from Enigma Shadow…..the terror group that bombed Wishmaker Tower four years ago.”

“Whhaaaat??? Th-those guys were behind that? If I had known that……”

“Now, I understand your anger but wait. They’re only Shadow Peons, the lowest ranking members. Speaking of which, did they use a strange Pokémon in battle?”

“Yeah…a Marshtomp that used the Shadow Rush move.”

“Ugh. I knew it…….listen, I know you guys have a history of clashing, but you need to see my father Ein about this.”

“E-Ein?? As in Cipher Admin Ein??? This is a trap, I know it…..”

“Please, Rich…..this matter must be dealt with. Please trust me.”

“Uh……alright, I guess. Steven, let’s go.”

The pair got up from their table and followed Anabel. A few minutes later, they stood inside a lab in the tower.

“Papa? Mama? Are you here?”

A tall man with slicked back hair the same color as Anabel’s entered the room along with a woman wearing a pink ball gown.

“Anabel….I am pleased that you brought Rich, as I requested,” the man said.

“Ein? Venus? What is all of this??” Rich wondered aloud.

“Rich, I know we battled when we were in Cipher,” the woman, Venus, told him, “but we’ve straightened out. Both of us.”

“And I understand you battled someone using a Shadow Pokémon here?” Ein asked him.

“I guess. It was a Marshtomp that fought using Shadow Rush.”

“Yes……see, I briefly was a member of Enigma Shadow. I created that Shadow Marshtomp along with some others. I quit when I learned just a small part of their plan, but it would appear someone else made more Shadow Pokémon after I left. I need you to undo what’s been done.”

“Well, I’m honored that you look to me for this….but how do you expect me to do it?”

“Well, first of all, I’ll tell you what I know. Their plot involves two legendary Pokémon: Ho-oh and Jirachi. Using the power of these two, they somehow plan to take over the world.”

“That’s horrifying!” Steven interjected. “Something must be done!”

“Agreed,” Ein continued. “I know nothing more than that, but I know someone who can tell more. Victoria, the head of the museum in this city, is an expert on Ho-oh and Jirachi. She can help us.”

“Well, can we meet her?” Rich asked him.

“Yes, and we can do it right now.”

Ein pressed some buttons on the wall, then a woman with black hair appeared on a screen. Rich was taken aback by her striking green eyes.

“Victoria?”

“Ein! Good to see you,” the woman answered. “What can I do for you today?”

“Victoria, I have two friends who would like to learn the legends of Ho-oh and Jirachi.”

“Oh, alright. I can do that. Are they there?”

Rich and Steven stepped in front of the screen.

“Oh! My students are Rich and Steven, the famous trainers? Excellent! Now, you two, listen carefully because these legends are extremely important. Ho-oh is the legendary Rainbow Pokémon. It is said to roost in a region called the Metalico Islands. It also plays a part in the legend of Kyogre and Groudon, whose feud at the beginning of time wiped out all but just a little life on the planet. The legend says that Ho-oh protected the few living things that survived. To meet Ho-oh, you need the Element Plates: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, and Pearl. One must bring all five Plates to the location where Ho-oh roosts, Sulfur Hill in the Metalico Islands, to awaken it.”

“Wow….” Rich was in awe of the woman’s knowledge.

“Moving along, Jirachi has the ability to grant wishes. It is also hidden somewhere in the Metalico Islands, but no one knows quite where. If Jirachi’s power fell into the wrong hands, it could be devastating.”

“So we must try to defeat Enigma Shadow to keep them away from Jirachi and Ho-oh?” Steven asked.

“Exactly. Their purposes are evil, and they will stop at nothing to get their way. I fear the worst if they get their hands on even one of the two.”

“Well, Victoria, thank you for this.” Ein told her, then she disappeared from the screen. “Now, Rich, let me see your PokéNav.”

Rich handed Ein the small egg-shaped device. Ein opened the back, tinkered with the inside, closed it, and gave it back to Rich.

“Rich, I have modified your PokéNav and added a new feature. When you Snag a Shadow Pokémon, it’ll be added to your list. It will list the name of the Shadow Pokémon, the location where you Snagged it, and the trainer you Snagged it from.”

“Snagged? Snagged from trainers??”

“Oops, I got ahead of myself. Take this, too.” Ein handed Rich a device that looked like a shoulder pad with an electrical cord. The cord led to a silver glove. “Please, put it on.”

“Uh….OK.” Rich put on the device. “What is it?”

“It’s a Snag Machine that I built. If you use the glove to throw a Poké Ball, it’ll be transformed into a Snag Ball. With a Snag Ball, you can Snag a Pokémon from its trainer in battle.”

“What???!?! You expect me to go around stealing Pokémon from others?!”

“Oh no, of course not….to a point. I want you to Snag only the corrupted Shadow Pokémon away from the criminals that use them.”

“Well, alright…..but how will I tell which ones are Shadow Pokémon?”

“With this.” Ein handed Rich a device that looked like a pair of binoculars. “That’s a Shadow Scope. If you look at a Shadow Pokémon through it, it will appear to give off a black aura that regular Pokémon will never have.”

“Actually,” Anabel spoke up, “I’ll do that. I’m going with him!”

“Anabel?!?!?” Ein was shocked. “I can’t say I approve of you going along on such a dangerous quest.”

“I understand, Papa, but I can’t stand what Enigma Shadow is trying to do. I wish to see them punished with my own eyes, and I trust Rich to be the one to do it.” Anabel took the Scope from Rich.

“I guess……but please be careful.”

“I promise, Papa.”

“Good. Now, Rich, one more thing. I registered myself, Venus, and Victoria in your PokéNav’s Match Call function. If you ever need any of us, do feel free to call. In fact, try calling Victoria now.”

“Alright, Ein, I will.” Rich opened the PokéNav, selected Match Call, then selected to call Victoria.

“Hello?” Victoria’s voice was on the other end.

“Hello, Victoria, it’s Rich. I was just testing my PokéNav.”

“Alright. Have fun out there. I’m rooting for you to become champion! Bye!” Victoria hung up.

“Great, it worked. It’s late. Go to bed, all.” Ein said.

“OK. Good night.” Rich, Steven, and Anabel left the room.

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ””””””””””””””””””””””””””

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

A new snagger! How exciting! Also the return of Bluno, Rosso, Verde. Ein and Venus...together?!? Never would have expected that...Overall, I can't wait for more. 10/10.
    ...Yo.

Not much to say about me, except that I'm back after being gone for a long time, and no one knows who I am. xD

Awesome! Engima Shadow...This is such a good story. I can't wait for more. Rich is so lucky....Keep it up!
    ...Yo.

W.O.W. This is a true fan-fiction. You set the standards for me now I love your descriptions, and length. I feel so in-depth when I read it!!!

10/10

'Nuff Said

Thank you for the kind reviews. I've got much more up my sleeve yet, so do keep on reading.

To be honest, I originally wrote this having not seen either Jirachi Wish Maker OR Destiny Deoxys, I simply based some of the legends and settings around things I read on the 'net, and I used Colosseum's Realgam Tower as the model for the Larousse Battle Tower in this fic. The rest of the legends I created on my own.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

CHAPTER THREE: The Riddle of Port Emerald

The group was on the yacht ferrying them to Port Emerald, discussing their adventures.

”Isn’t it amazing?” Rich wondered aloud.

“What?” Anabel asked him.

“How this all began. It was Steven and I going to battle in a tournament…..now we’re involved in saving the world..”

“Isn’t that a bit of an exaggeration?”

”Not quite, Ashley,” Prof. Ivy replied. “You see, once Ein notified me that you were coming to Sapphire Isle and why, I did some research on the topic. This is the tale………as you know, at the beginning of time Kyogre and Groudon were involved in a duel to the death. Once they were stopped, all was peaceful....but then….one hundred fifty years ago, a crooked magician named Gino created a dark power he called the Enigma Shadow.”

“So that’s what Lawrence was talking about…..”

“Eventually he became more and more power hungry. He took the name Lord Artes, combining the legendary Pokémon Articuno and Moltres. Using the Enigma Shadow, he built an empire that encompassed much of the world. Also, he tried to revive Groudon and Kyogre, but failed. His star shone for a thousand days, then….one of his former magician assistants and advisors, named Derby, rebelled. Using his own magical powers, Derby created a staff containing a power called the Justice Light. Derby and Artes built up their forces and met in a climactic battle at Waterloo in Johto….”

“My hometown?!” Ashley exclaimed.

“Yes. Artes and Derby dueled fiercely until both of their Pokémon squads were exhausted. Artes forfeited….but it was a bluff. He viciously attacked Derby with his Enigma Shadow powers, knocking away the Justice Light from Derby’s grasp. Before Artes could deliver the finishing blow, a bystander heroically rushed in, picked up the staff, and used the Justice Light to defeat Artes. It is said that before he died, Artes uttered a spell meant to keep his powers alive until someone else could claim them, then cast his entire empire to break apart. Today, it would appear that the Enigma Shadow terror group is interested in awakening his power to rule.”

“That…” Steven was speechless. “I-I don’t know what to say….”

“Just keep it under your hats. Say, before we get to Port Emerald, Bloomfield’s office, and my lab, why don’t some of you have a battle?”

“Great idea, Professor. What do you say, guys: me and Anabel against Steven and Ashley, each trainer only usng one Pokémon?”

“I agree,” Steven answered. “Let’s do it!”

Rich and Anabel stood on one side of the ship’s large cabin, Steven and Ashley on the other.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich and Tower Maiden Anabel
    ---vs.---
    Super Trainer Steven and Super Trainer Ashley
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Come on! I choose…….Milotic, go!”

Rich threw the Poké Ball to release Milotic.

“We’ll do this just like how we beat Lawrence! Go, Scizor!”

Anabel sent out Scizor, a Steel and Bug type with menacing iron claws.

“So you’re using those two? Fine! Aggron, go!”

Steven deployed his Aggron.

“I think I can do this! Go, Exeggutor!”

Ashley used Exeggutor, a large Grass and Psychic type that looked like a coconut tree.

“Milotic, Hydro Pump!”

Milotic attacked with a powerful blast of water, but Aggron dodged the move.

“Scizor, attack with Silver Wind!”

Scizor blew a shiny dust at Exeggutor. The attack did a lot of damage, but Exeggutor survived.

“Time for a counterattack! Solarbeam!”

Ashley’s Exeggutor blasted Milotic with a strong beam of light. Milotic fainted.

“Arrghhh!!! Anabel, win this one for me!”

Rich recalled his fained Milotic.

“Ahahaha! Aggron, Water Pulse!”

Steven’s Aggron blew circular waves of water at Scizor, doing some damage.

“Silver Wind again!”

Scizor repeated its earlier attack, defeating Exeggutor.

“Steven, good luck!”

Ashley recalled her Exeggutor.

“Aggron, we need to win this battle! Iron Tail!”

Aggron swung around to hit Scizor with its heavy tail.

“Scizor, Counter!”

Scizor caught Aggron’s tail using its iron claws, then spun Aggron around and threw it. Aggron was defeated.

“Ah…..that was an excellent battle, even in defeat!”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Anabel and Steven recalled their Pokémon.

“That was good for a quick battle to pass the time,” Ashley said.

“It sure was,” Rich agreed.

“We should be there soon,” Grubba added.

“This is the captain speaking,” a voice suddenly blared over the loudspeaker. “We have arrived at Port Emer----wait! Something’s wrong!”

Steven and Rich rushed into the captain’s room.

“What’s going on, sir?” Rich asked.

“There appears to be some kind of hostage situation involving Enigma Shadow at the harbor. The wire says that two Shadow Peons have taken over the port and are demanding an ‘Emerald Plate.’”

Steven looked through the binoculars in the captain’s room.

“I can see them!!” he exclaimed. “Rich, we must stop them!”

“Yes, we must! Captain, pull this ship up to that one, then allow us to leap aboard and battle.”

“As you wish….”

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ””””””””””””””

In the harbor, Bluno and another Shadow Peon stood aboard a ship with the entire crew cowering behind them. They held bullhorns to speak to the crowd on the land.

“This is the last time we’re gonna say it!” Bluno shouted. “We have come on orders by the great Queen Shadow!”

“Give us the Emerald Plate and we’ll go!” the other peon added.

A large man in a red suit stepped forward.

“I keep telling you, we don’t have anything like that!”

“Ah, Governor Bloomfield,” Bluno replied. “You are quite the foolhardy one. Queen Shadow told us it was here, and—“

“Hold it right there!!” Steven yelled. The yacht had pulled up to the Shadow Peons’ ship, and Rich and Steven stood on the deck facing the crooks.

“Ah, Rich and Steven! I never thought I’d see you again after the Battle Tower fiasco!”

“Bluno, you know these people?” his companion asked.

“Why yes, Hoyt, I do.”

“What gives you two the right to come here and mess with us?!?!?” Hoyt burst out.

“Uh….”

“We come in the name of Chancellor Lawrence and the Island Congress!” Rich interjected.

“Ahahah….” Bluno taunted. “You think we fear him?”

“That’s it! Rich, time to battle!”

Steven and Rich jumped from their yacht to the ship for the battle.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich and Super Trainer Steven
    ---vs.---
    Shadow Peon Hoyt and Shadow Peon Bluno
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go, Grumpig!”

Bluno threw a Poké Ball and released his Grumpig.

“I’ll add……Torkoal, go!”

Hoyt sent out Torkoal, a turtle-like Fire type.

“All right! This will be easy, Steven! Go, Mi---….” Rich began to reach for Milotic’s Poké Ball but stopped. “Wait…I can’t use Milotic because it fainted in the practice battle before….well then, I’ll send out Tyranitar!”

Tyranitar appeared and roared to show off its power.

“Claydol, go!”

Steven paired his Claydol with Tyranitar.

Anabel stared at Torkoal.

“Rich!! Torkoal is a Shadow Pokémon!”

“Thanks, Anabel!” Rich responded, then whispered a strategy to Steven,

“Got it! Claydol, Rock Slide!”

Claydol launched a flurry of rocks at both opponents. Grumpig took some damage, and Torkoal took more.

“Grumpig, Ice Punch!”

Grumpig hit Claydol with an icy punch, doing a good amount of damage.

“Torkoal, Shadow Blitz!”

Torkoal withdrew into its shell, began spinning, and struck Tyranitar twice for good damage.

“What??! What was that attack?!” Rich wondered.

“Gaaahahahhaah!!” Hoyt taunted. “It is a brand new Shadow attack we just created! Like it? Hope so, ‘cause there are more out there!”

“Whatever! Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw one of Ein’s special Snag Balls at Torkoal. The ball burst open with a flair, grabbed Torkoal, fell to the floor, and began rocking…..

…the ball glowed red, indicated a successful Snag.

“All right! There’s a Snag!”

“Ahhh……Bluno, help me!”

“Claydol, attack with Hyper Beam!”

Claydol blasted Grumpig with a strong beam, defeating the Psychic-type.

“We just can’t handle this! Return, Grumpig!” Bluno withdrew Grumpig and threw his only other Poké Ball. “Marshtomp, go!”

Marshtomp appeared for Bluno’s side.

“Rich!” Anabel cried out again. “There’s the Shadow Marshtomp from the Battle Tower!”

“OK! Tyranitar, Seismic Toss!”

Tyranitar grabbed Marshtomp, jumped into the air, and flung Marshtomp down.

“Marshtomp, Shadow Rush!”

Marshtomp charged at Tyranitar and did some damage.

“Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw another Snag Ball at Marshtomp…..

…..and successfully Snagged it.

“Yes! I finally Snagged Marshtomp!”

“Oh no!!! Master Spenser will punish us!!!”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Anabel and Ashley had been watching the battle, and they lept aboard following Rich and Steven’s victory.

“It doesn’t matter that you defeated us,” Bluno explained. “Our boss on this job is already elsewhere on the island and he’s gonna grab a really rare Pokémon for Queen Shadow along with the Emerald Pl—“

Two police officers cuffed the Shadow Peons.

“You’re under arrest. Time to go downtown.”

The Peons were lead away, then Bloomfield approached the group.

“Rich, and Steven….I am pleased that you have freed our harbor from those awful men! Allow me to introduce myself. I am Bloomfield, the governor of Port Emerald.”

“Pleased to make your aquaintance, Steven and I are.”

Anabel and Ashley joined the three on the ship.

“Steven and I are?!” You sound like Yoda!” Anabel joked.

“That was good, Anabel…” Ashley whispered to her.

“Anyway….” Steven said, getting serious. “We came here to see you, actually.”

“Important matters, I know. Grubba contacted me before you departed Sapphire Isle. Come to my office, we’ll talk there.”

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

A few minutes later, Rich, Steven, Anabel, Ashley, Grubba, and Prof. Ivy sat in Bloomfield’s office. Bloomfield himself was sitting behind his desk.

“So, my friends….what is it you came to see me about?”

“Well, two things…” Rich began. “First of all, we’re investigating the organization that sent those troops that were at the harbor, Enigma Shadow. Simply put, they’re looking for the Element Plates to awaken Ho-oh.”

“Ah, yes, I do know that legend. I believe they plan to take over the world?”

“Yes,” Steven replied. “As a means to that end, they’ve created Shadow Pokémon that don’t hesitate to attack people.”

“What?! I guess that’s what that Marshtomp and Torkoal I saw at the harbor were?”

“Exactly,” Ashley told him.

“I see…..is there anything else I need to know?”

“Well,” Grubba spoke up, “We wanted your take on the situation with Chancellor Lawrence……”

”Oh, that?!? Let me tell you kids, this island’s descended into a state of lawless chaos since he became head of the Island Congress. He’s too concerned with getting more power for himself then properly running the islands besides Sapphire Isle. Not only has this island gone to seed, but nearby Ruby Island is collapsing too and I fear for Pearl Key next. Listen, do what you must on this island, but I seriously am powerless to help you if anything bad happens.”

“Well…” Rich said. “Thanks for the help and the warning. We’ll just check out the happenings here and be on our way,”

“Good. Before you get going, I’d recommend you visit the Pokémon Center to prepare for the inevitable battles.”

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ”””””””

The group, minus Grubba who had stayed behind at Bloomfield’s office, was walking down the road to the Pokémon Center.

“I don’t understand what Bloomfield meant,” Rich commented. “This seems like a nice tropical town to me.”

“Remember,” Steven reminded, “even the best of appearances can hide the worst of circumstances. I’m sure that Bloomfield wasn’t making that stuff up, so we must stay on guard.”

They arrived at the Pokémon Center. As soon as the doors opened, trouble greeted them.

“Stop!! Thief!!” someone screamed, then a Shadow Peon rushed out holding a small brown Pokémon that somewhat resembled a Sudowoodo. In the process he also knocked down Jimmy T.

“What? What’s happening?!” Anabel shouted.

A girl ran up to them.

“That man, he stole my Bonsly!!”

“Bonsly??” Ashley wondered.

“It is one of the newly discovered Pokémon,” Prof. Ivy said. “And this is Lynn, a student of mine. I gave her the Bonsly along with another new Pokémon, Munchlax, as her first two. Are you OK, Lynn?”

“Yeah…” Lynn whimpered. “But…..I don’t want them to do bad things to my Bonsly!”

“Lynn, my friends and I will find your Bonsly and return it safely to you,” Rich comforted. “All we need to do is heal our
    Pokémon and we’ll head out.”

“Th-thank you…..Rich!?!??!”

“Yes…”

“I’m so glad you’re the one who’s going to help me! I’m a big fan!! Please…let me come with you!”

“Aw, thanks for the compliments…..yes, you can come with us to find Bonsly.”

“Thank you!!!’

“No problem.”

Rich, Steven, Anabel, and Ashley went up to the desk and handed the nurse their Poké Balls.

“If you don’t mind,” Steven said, “we need those back right away.”

“No problem,” the nurse responded. “We have new Restoring Machines that can do it in a snap.”

The nurse placed the Poké Balls into an odd device. They glowed white, then the nurse took them out and gave them back to their respective trainers. Right at that moment, Rich’s PokéNav received a call.

“Hello?”

“Rich, it’s Ein!” the caller said. “Listen, I forgot a couple of things I wanted to give Anabel and Steven when we met on Sapphire Isle, so I’m on my way to Port Emerald.”

“Got it. When should I look for you?”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll meet you after you’ve wrapped business there. Bye.” Ein hung up.

“Well, I guess we better get going,” Rich commented to the others.

Before they could go, a man in a farmer’s outfit rushed in.

“Professor Ivy!! It’s horrible!!”

“What? What is it?”

“Poachers! They went into your forest and one of them had Lynn’s Bonsly!”

“Whaaaaaaat!?!?!!?!?? Rich….you know what this means. You and your friends must save my lab and this island!!”

“We accept the mission, Professor!”

“Wait!” Lynn cried out. “I’m going with you!”

“Alright,” Steven said. “Let’s go!”

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ””””””””””””””””””””””””””

The group stood at the entrance to the forest from Ivy’s main lab. Rich consulted his PokéNav’s Shadow Detector, which told him there were Shadow Pokémon in the area.

”Well,” Anabel commented, “that means Enigma Shadow is definitely in the east.”

They began to walk eastward, but then a large, dark-green bug Pokémon with intimidating pincers jumped the five.

“Whoa! A Scyther!” Ashley shouted. “But wait….it’s shiny! A different color than normal!”

“Wait….” Rich got an idea. “Lynn, are you ready for battle?”

“Yes, why?”

“Go! Battle and catch that Scyther for yourself! Better you have it than Enigma Shadow!”

“Good luck, Lynn!” Steven encouraged.

“OK….” Lynn nervously stepped forward. “I can do this! Munchlax, go!”

Lynn threw a Poké Ball that released Munchlax, a small brown Normal type. The wild Scyther jumped forth to attempt a Fury Cutter attack.

“Dodge, Munchlax!” Munchlax dodged the attack. “Now, Mega Punch!”

Munchlax jumped up and punched Scyther firmly in the face, knocking it back. Scyther tried to Slash Munchlax next.

“Mega Kick!!!”

Munchlax dodged under Scyther’s blades and kicked it squarely in the stomach, knocking it down.

“This is your chance, Lynn!” Anabel called.

“Alright…uh….Poké Ball, go!!”

Lynn threw a Poké Ball at the Scyther. The Bug and Flying type was grabbed by the ball, which then fell to the ground and began rocking.

The ball glowed red. Lynn had caught Scyther.

“All right!! I did it!”

“Good job, Lynn!” Rich congratulated.

“Thanks! Now let’s go find those Shadow Pokémon!”

“Agreed.”

The group began their walk again, with Lynn fawning over her Scyther’s Poké Ball. Soon, they encountered a young man whose bug cages blocked the path.

“You there!” Rich called out.

“What? What do you want?”

“We’re searching for something in this forest, and your cages are blocking our path. Could you kindly move them?”

“No, man! I’m searching for a rare shiny Scyther in this area! Wait your turn!”

“A rare Scyther? We already caught it.”

“Whaaaaaaaaat?!??!?? Just for that, I’ll use my Shadow Pokémon on you!”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Bug Maniac Ken
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“My sweet Bug Pokémon, defeat this punk! Go, Pineco and Pineco!”

Ken threw two Poké Balls, releasing two Pineco.

“This’ll be a snap! Blaziken and Alakazam, go!”

Rich sent out Blaziken and Alakazam.

“Alakazam, Fire Punch!”

Alakazam hit one of the Pinecos with a fiery punch, defeating it.

“Oh, my……Pineco, return!” Ken withdrew Pineco and threw another Poké Ball. “Clefairy, go!”

Clefairy appeared on the field.

“A Shadow Pokémon!” Anabel called out.

“Thanks, Anabel! Blaziken, Flamethrower!”

Blaziken defeated the other Pineco by blasting it with a jet of fire.

“Agh….Pineco, come back! Clefairy, Metronome!”

Clefairy began waggling its finger, then it used a Hydro Cannon attack that knocked out Blaziken.

“Blaziken, return! Alakazam, Ice Punch!”

Alakazam punched Clefairy with an icy fist, not only damaging it but freezing it solid too.

“Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the Clefairy. It scooped up Clefairy, fell down, rocked……

…..and glowed red.

“All right!”

“My sweet Pinecos……..no….”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Y-you mean thing!! You’ll pay for this!”

Ken ran off.

“Well, Rich…” Steven said. “Looks like he didn’t know anything. Should we press on?”

“Of course.”

”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””””””””

Deeper in the forest, an old man with a long white beard and a staff was speaking with a Shadow Peon. Nearby was Lynn’s Bonsly, crying in a cage.

“I’m proud of you, Stanley,” the old man said.

“Thank you, master Spenser,” Stanley replied.

“You have done well. As soon as we get the word from Nascour, we will move out. Queen Shadow will be quite pleased that you got that Bonsly and will likely give you a Shadow Pokémon.”

“What about the Emerald Plate and that Rich guy?”

“The Emerald Plate search was unsuccessful. We could not find it anywhere on this island. As for Rich, we need not worry about him. If he shows before us, we will defeat him handily.”

“Oh well, then here he is!!!”

Rich and his friends stood at the mouth of the clearing, having heard the entire conversation.

“Ah, Rich. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Spenser, a Shadow Admin. I cannot believe Anabel has joined you.”

“You and Tucker betrayed me and all the other Frontier Brains!” Anabel responded.

“Aehehehe…..you do not know how wrong you are, Anabel.”

“Bonsly!!” Lynn cried out.

Lynn tried to run over to Bonsly’s cage, but a Furret sent out by Stanley knocked her back.

“You two are dirty fiends!” Rich angrily said. “I’ll take you both on!”

“Ahehehe. That would not be wise, Rich.”

“You’re not alone, Rich!” Lynn stepped up beside Rich. “I’ll battle with you!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich and Pkmn Trainer Lynn
    ---vs.---
    Shadow Admin Spenser and Shadow Peon Stanley
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Furret, time for battle!”

Stanley’s Furret stepped onto the field in front of him.

“And for this battle, I shall choose…..Crobat!”

Spenser threw a Poké Ball, releasing his Crobat.

“Tyranitar, go!”

Rich sent out Tyranitar.

“Um….go, Scyther!”

Lynn released her newly-caught Scyther. It hit the field with a shine.

“Crobat, Sludge Bomb!”

Crobat blasted a stream of sludge at Tyranitar, doing some damage.

“Furret, use Strength!”

Furret forcefully slugged Scyther, doing decent damage.

“We can do this….I can do this! Scyther, Fury Cutter!”

Scyther slashed Furret, doing heavy damage.

“Good job so far, Lynn! Tyranitar, Rock Slide!”

Tyranitar launched a flurry of rocks at both opponents, defeating both of them.

“Ahehehehe….good move, Rich…but it is futile..Crobat, return!” Spenser recalled Crobat and threw another Poké Ball. “Slaking, go!”

Slaking appeared and roared.

“Furret, come back! Go, Breloom!”

Stanley released his Grass and Fighting type Breloom.

“Scyther, Fury Cutter again!”

Scyther slashed Slaking for decent damage.

“Slaking, Brick Break!!”

Slaking punched Tyranitar with amazing power, knocking it out.

“That’s fine! Tyranitar, come back! Go, Blaziken!”

Rich threw a Poké Ball and Blaziken appeared in a burst of light.

“Breloom, Mach Punch!”

Breloom swiftly punched Blaziken, doing light damage.

“Blaziken, use Sky Uppercut!”

Blaziken hit Slaking with a strong uppercut, doing heavy damage.

“Scyther, another Fury Cutter!!”

Scyther slashed Slaking again, finishing it off.

“Ah….you two are quite strong. Slaking, return! Go, Lapras!”

Spenser sent out his Lapras as his final Pokémon.

“Rich, that Lapras is a Shadow Pokémon!”

“Thanks, Anabel! Blaziken, Flamethrower!”

Blaziken used the fiery attack on Breloom, causing it to faint.

“They’ve beaten me, Spenser!”

“Don’t worry about it, Stanley! Lapras, Horn Drill!!!!!”

Lapras delivered a brutal drilling attack to Scyther, defeating it.

“Scyther, come back! Munchlax, go!”

Munchlax appeared, and Spenser stared at it.

“Ahehehehe….that would make a good companion to our Bonsly!”

“You can’t have it, and my Bonsly isn’t yours! Rich, finish this guy!”

“Right, Lynn! Blaziken, Sky Uppercut!”

Blaziken hit Lapras with an amazingly strong punch, stunning it.

“This is it! Snag Ball, go!!!!!!!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball that grabbed Lapras, fell, rocked…..

….and glowed red.

“Aww yeah!!”

“Ahehehe. You have indeed bested me….”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Rich and Lynn. The bond you two share with your Pokémon is marvelous, I must say. But you will not defeat Enigma Shadow, and that’s a fact! Farewell, until we meet again!”

Spenser and Stanley fled the forest, then Prof. Ivy and Ein rushed into the clearing.

“Oh, Anabel! I’m so glad you’re safe! And Rich, of course!” Ein remarked.

“Papa, it’s so good to see you again!”

“Have the invaders that compromised my lab been defeated?” Prof. Ivy asked.

“Yes,” Lynn replied. “Rich and I did it together. I also caught a shiny Scyther and got my Bonsly back!”

“Well done, Lynn. You should be ready to go off on your own now. As for you, Rich, your next destination is Ruby Island. You must investigate the reports of strange happenings at their trademark casino.”

“Got it, Professor,” Steven replied. “Ein, what about that stuff you wanted to give us?”

“Yes, thank you for reminding me. First, Steven….” Ein took out a Poké Ball and handed it to Steven. “This is my Alumineon. After I saw you battle in Larousse, Steven, I decided you should have it.”

“Really? I can just have it?”

“Yes. I think you are a truly worthy trainer, and your handling of Steel types is excellent. Now, Anabel. I want you to have this.”

Ein took out a golden Poké Ball with the letters “GS” carved into it and handed it to Anabel. She held it and stared at it.

“Papa…..what exactly is it?”

“It is the GS Ball, a legendary Poké Ball given to me by Kurt from Azalea Town. Professor Oak had it before him, and before that Prof. Ivy owned it. What it contains is unknown, as no one has ever been able to open it. It is said that one with a pure heart will hold it when the world’s darkest hour comes, and that person shall be able to open it and summon the Pokémon inside. I know you have a pure heart, Anabel, and I get a feeling that you will be able to use it when the time comes.”

“Well, thanks.”

“By the way,” Rich added, “looks like Spenser dropped one of those disks along with an odd green key. See? Let’s look at the disk first.”

Rich took out the Famicom Viewer from his bag and put the disk in.

[=====================================]
    SHADOW POKÉMON PROJECT
    REPORT #3

This is an urgent report from Port Emerald. We have landed and searched the island, but we cannot locate the Emerald Plate. All that has been found is a strange green key. To avoid further wasting of time, I urge that we hunt the other Plates first and get this one last.

Shadow Admin Spenser
    Port Emerald

“Uhhhh….this is a problem….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

“…..and that is our new plan, Queen Shadow. It does not matter that Spenser lost.”

Nascour once again was conferencing with Queen Shadow in her underground lair.

“Nascour, times like this are when I appreciate that you and your former Cipher henchmen joined me. That plot is genius, I must say!”

“Thank you, your greatness. I must be off now, as the Dark Lugia’s construction demands my oversight.”

Nascour disappeared from the video screen. Queen Shadow pondered for a moment, then pressed a button on her desk. A hologram of a shady looking yellow haired man in a black cloak appeared.

“Lord Regidon, do you copy me?”

“Yes I do, Queen Shadow.”

“Has Nascour briefed you on his plan yet?”

“I did receive some details.”

“Excellent. Have you any news of your own?”

“Why yes, and good news too. Our operatives found the Ruby Plate.”

“Wonderful!”

“I have directed them to stay and prepare for Rich’s defeat, while I picked up the Ruby Plate and will transfer it to Nascour.”

“Fair enough.”

“Also….I have found an apprentice, one that is younger and quite skilled………”

Suddenly, strange music began playing in the background.

“What is that infernal racket, Regidon?!?”

“Tucker, watching that Numa Numa Dance video on the internet again….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

The heroes, Prof. Ivy, Ein, Bloomfield, and Lynn stood at the docks.

“That adventure was fun,” Steven said.

“I agree,” Rich replied, “I must also say…Lynn, you were truly exceptional. Perhaps when this crisis has ended, I would like to take you as my student.”

“I would be honored to study with you, Rich, but first I’d like to do some training on my own. Maybe we’ll run into each other in the future.”

“Good idea. Now, let’s go to Ruby Island!”

Rich defeated Spenser with aid of his new friend Lynn, but did not find the Emerald Plate. Where could it be? As for Queen Shadow, she appears to be ready to ratchet up the pressure on Rich and his friends. Can they win?

END of CHAPTER THREE

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Very nice chapters Butler. There is no typos and the story is even better than the prologue, many interesting things are happening and their making the story way much better, like the apperence of Alumineon and the GS ball. I'm looking forward to the next chapters, Keep it Up!
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

You would be surprised at the history this thing has. I initially began planning it in 2004 as a Pokémon version of "National Treasure"---the Element Plates would lead to a great treasure buried at the site of the first Pokémon League deep beneath Mt. Silver. I toyed with that, decided it didn't work, then I played Colosseum for the first time in early 2005. As soon as I did, I knew I wanted to use Shadow Pokémon in something, and began linking up the "National Treasure" concept with the Shadows......

I don't want to say too much more as I might spoil the plot twists I have up my sleeve. Just expect to be shocked.

Chapter Four should be out pretty soon, I just need to fix the names of some of the XD Shadow Attacks, which had no english names when I initially wrote it.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I've nothing better to do right now, so here's Chapter Four ahead of schedule. You Steven/Ashley fans out there---look alive, they get some spotlight love in this one. A certain magician trainer also makes his Enigma Shadow debut here......and the plot thickens!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER FOUR: The Riches of Ruby Island

As soon as the heroes stepped off the yacht, they could tell Ruby Island was different than the others. Bright lights pointed up into the sky and a single huge skyscraper towered over.

“Whoa….” Ashley was in awe. “This place isn’t one you would come to to sleep all day!”

‘You’re exactly right,” Steven responded.

“So, guys….” Rich added. “Remember, Prof. Ivy mentioned a casino. I’d guess that tower is it, so let’s go check it out.”

The others nodded, then they walked to the tower and entered. Rich stepped up to the registration counter.

“I would like to rent the best suite you have.”

“Yes….of course…” the clerk answered. “Your name, please?”

“Richard W. Mistbloom.”

“We welcome you, mister Mistbloom……your room is the penthouse on the top floor. Here is your key…….”

The clerk handed Rich a card key, which he took. The four then entered the main lobby and sat down.

“Your full name is Richard W. Mistbloom?” Anabel asked. “What’s the W for?”

“Wallace. My full name is actually Richard Wallace Mistbloom. What’s yours?”

“Anabel Linda Ein.”

“Huh? Ein is your last name?”

“Yeah. Ein is my father’s last name, his real first name is Michael but he likes Ein better.”

“Alright……”

“Yo Rich! Fancy seein’ you here!”

Jimmy T. walked up to the group.

“Hey there, Jimmy!” Steven greeted. “What’s up?”

“I’ve been traveling these islands to dance, and I keep running into you all! You know what, Rich? I want to battle you!”

“A challenge? I accept!”

Rich got up and took position to battle Jimmy.

“Good luck Rich!” Ashley called.

Out in the middle of the lobby, Rich and Jimmy stood at opposite ends facing each other.

“Four Pokémon on each side. Are you ready, Jimmy?”

“Awwwww yeah! Let’s rock!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Disco King Jimmy T.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Time to get shakin’! Go, Bellossom and Ludicolo!”

Jimmy threw two Poké Balls, releasing Bellossom and Ludicolo.

“Go, Alakazam and Ludicolo!”

Rich sent out Alakazam and his own Ludicolo.

“Alakazam, Ice Punch!”

Alakazam hit Bellossom with an icy punch, doing high damage.

“Ludicolo, fight back! Show ‘em a groovy Hydro Pump!!”

Jimmy’s Ludicolo blasted Alakazam with a jet of water for a strong hit.

“Now, you show him what you can do! Ludicolo, Ice Beam!”

Rich’s Ludicolo answered right back with an icy attack that defeated Bellossom.

“Waahh!! That ain’t cool! Bellossom, come back! Go, Magneton!”

Jimmy threw another Poké Ball, deploying Magneton.

“Alakazam, Fire Punch!”

Alakazam hit Magneton with the fiery punch, strongly damaging it.

“Magneton! Zap Cannon ‘em off the dance floor!”

Magneton focused, then hit Alakazam with a massive electrical blast. Alakazam fainted.

“You got some good moves, Jimmy! Alakazam, return! Go, Blaziken!”

Rich replaced Alakazam with Blaziken.

“Ludicolo, you got the last dance here! Hydro Pump!”

Jimmy’s Ludicolo repeated its attack on Blaziken, immediately defeating the Fire and Fighting type.

“Whoa!! Blaziken, return! My most cherished Pokémon….Milotic, go!!”

Rich threw a Poké Ball and his majestic Milotic appeared.

“Now it’s your turn, Ludicolo! Fire Punch!”

Rich’s Ludicolo hit Magneton, causing it to faint.

“Time to get the groove shakin’! Come back, Magneton! Now, in this harsh battle, I shall use the very first Pokémon I got as a child……Minun, go!!!”

The tiny Electric type Minun appeared.

“Ludicolo, get this place dancin’! Rain Dance!”

Jimmy’s Ludicolo danced around, summoning rain---which was odd seeing as they were indoors.

“Now! Rock this house, Minun! THUNDER!!!!!!!”

Minun forcefully blasted Rich’s Ludicolo with Thunder, defeating it. Rich was down to his last one.

“Return, Ludicolo! Come on, Milotic…..HYDRO PUMP!”

Milotic reared back, then attacked Minun with a strong water attack. Minun fainted, leaving Jimmy with only Ludicolo.

“Minun, return!”

Suddenly, an upbeat disco tune began playing on the hotel’s radio system. Ludicolo, hearing it, began dancing energetically.

“It’s time for our big grand finale! Ludicolo, Giga Drain!!!!!”

Jimmy’s Ludicolo jumped onto Milotic and drained its energy. Milotic struggled against Ludicolo’s attack, but eventually fainted and fell to the ground.

“Jimmy is the winner!” Anabel called out.

“Awwwwww yeaahhhhh!!!!!! That’s the way I like it, uh huh uh huh!!!!”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rich recalled Milotic, then held its Poké Ball in his hand and stared at it.

“You did well, old friend……there’s no shame in your loss.”

Jimmy walked over, then pulled out his cell phone.

“Rich, that was one groovin’ battle, man. Let me register in your PokéNav!”

Rich entered Jimmy’s number in the PokéNav, then a tall gentleman in a tuxedo and top hat walked up to the group.

“Ah, Rich and friends, you have come at last. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the governor of Ruby Island, Max Bet.”

“Mr. Bet, my name is Anabel, and this is Ashley, and Steven.”

“No need for explanations. Bloomfield from Port Emerald told me you were coming. Allow me to show you to your room.”

“Alright,” Steven replied. “See you again, Jimmy.”

“I’ll be lookin’ forward to it!!”

Rich, Anabel, Steven, Ashley, and Governor Bet entered a grand elevator, then began up to the top floor.

“My friends….” Max Bet began, “I am sure you would like to know why you were told to come here, no?”

“Of course,” Ashley answered.

“I’ll tell you. Besides being this island’s governor, I am also the director of this hotel and casino. You see, strange things have began happening here. Patrons have been spotting Shadow Pokémon, and even worse, it’s been rumored that gamblers who win the Double Header----jackpot on the slot machines and Super 21 at the blackjack table ---have been recruited to their side and given Shadow Pokémon. I want you to find out what’s going on, and drive Enigma Shadow from this island.”

”Wow…” Rich said in awe.

The elevator then stopped, and they got off. Rich approached the big double doors at the end of the hall, and opened them using his card key. The group entered the expansive room.

“I shall soon be leaving you to your devices,” the governor told them. “This room is perfect. Four beds, one for each of you. There’s also a spa, a mini-bar, and a big screen TV. Please do enjoy your time here…”

Max left the room, then the four heroes looked at each other.

“Good thing I won the Battle Tower tournament. That money will go a long way towards paying for this!”

Anabel and Steven laughed at Rich’s joke, then Ashley picked up the TV remote.

“I gotta say…..I have never seen a bigger TV than this one, ever!!”

“Let’s see what’s on,” Steven suggested.

“Good idea.”

Ashley pushed a button on the remote, and what appeared to be a news program appeared.

“This is Ron Burgundy with the breaking news story that has engulfed the entire region. Of course, it is the bombings at the harbor of Port Emerald!”

“What!!?!?” Rich nearly fainted in shock. “Y-you think….they….were aiming at….us???”

“Here is what we at MNB know right now. At about 8:55 am today, a series of explosions rocked the harbor of Port Emerald. It appears that a bomb was planted in each of the seven ships in the harbor. Also, witnesses reported battling a shady man nearby who used a Milotic to attack them following his victories. The man appeared to be a member of terror organization Enigma Shadow, but his identity remains a mystery.”

“I think you might be right, Rich….” Anabel said in horror.

“We now go to Chancellor Lawrence addressing the Island Congress live. You stay classy, Metalico Islands.”

Following this statement, the image on the TV changed to that of a dark chamber. A representative from each island sat in a box, with the box seats arranged in a circle around a pit. Lawrence stood on a platform in the middle.

“My fellow residents of these islands, these are dark days!” he thundered. “The fair harbor of Port Emerald has been attacked in a vicious deed surely that of Enigma Shadow!! I fear….I fear that as we are now, we will be unable to sufficiently protect our lands. Therefore, I am taking emergency powers to keep order and declaring martial law…..”

Rich picked up the remote and turned the TV off.

“I can’t stand to watch anymore.”

“Understandable,” Ashley replied. “Say, me and Steven are gonna go down to eat. You two want anything?”

Rich and Anabel shook their heads, then Steven and Ashley left the room. Suddenly, Rich collapsed to the floor.

“Rich!!!!” Anabel shouted, then ran over to help him up. Rich was a mess, crying.

“I-I….can’t do this…..anymore….”

“What? What’s wrong?”

“Anabel…..I know I try to look like I have confidence in myself when I battle….but now..ever since the Wishmaker Tower incident….now…e-every step I take…reminds me of that!!!”

“I can’t say I blame you…..”

“And then….this…..knowing that we all came this close to being hit by them too…..I shouldn’t have ever gotten involved in this conspiracy…”

“Come on, Rich! I’m sure that even if you hadn’t been so hurt by what Enigma Shadow did, you would fight them anyway….think of the Pokémon they’re hurting by turning them to Shadow. Think of what would happen if they succeeded and took over. We’d all be puppets for Queen Shadow, Nascour, and Lord Regidon!”

“Anabel…….y-you’re right…..” Rich jumped up, recomposed. “You’re really inspiring, thanks! We must stop them at all costs!”

“Now that’s the Rich I know!!”

“But……to get into their plot here, we would have to win the casino’s Double Header, no?”

“Yeah, I’d think so.”

“There’s no guaranteed way to do that unless we cheat.”

“Uh….you know what? You’re right. This isn’t good.”

“Actually…..I’m sure the governor wouldn’t mind if we did cheat a little bit….we both have Alakazams, so……”

Rich whispered his plan to Anabel, who smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a lab somewhere far away, Nascour, Regidon, and another man in a sleeveless trench coat and red cap stood around a hologram of Queen Shadow.

“I must say that I am impressed with how you had him attack Port Emerald, Nascour.”

“Thank you, your greatness, but that wasn’t my idea. It was Noland’s.”

“Yes, it was I!” the red-capped man said. “I figured once Rich heard about it, he’d break.”

“Good work, Noland. Regidon, what is the status of our other projects?”

“The Dark Lugia is nearly complete, my queen. When it is done, Nascour shall pilot it.”

“Excellent.”

Suddenly, two men in lab coats rushed into the room.

“Master Noland!”

“What, Paul? What’s got you and Harrison so worked up??”

“M-master Noland!!!” Harrison said in excitement. “We did it!! XD-02 is complete!!”

“XD-02?” Queen Shadow wondered.

“It is the ultimate Shadow Pokémon,” Paul explained. “We used DNA found on Faraway Island to make it.”

“I am proud of each and every one of you. I shall be coming there to see it with my own eyes quite soon.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, after telling Steven and Ashley of their plan, Rich, Anabel, and the others went down to the casino. Rich walked up to the chip counter.

“I would like to get $40,000 worth of credits over four cards, please.”

“Yes….....Mr. Mistbloom, we have been expecting you…….” The clerk then handed Rich four credit cards. “Four cards, earch with 10,000 credits on them…..”

“Thank you.” Rich took the cards, keeping one and giving the others out among his friends, then handed the clerk $40,000. The four entered the casino.

“Well, which one should we go for first?” Ashley wondered.

“Let’s do the slot machines first,” Steven answered. “I’ll take this one, so Anabel and Rich…..”

Rich and Anabel nodded, then released their Alakazams.

“We’ll wait here,” Anabel told Steven. “You and Ashley have……fun!”

Steven and Ashley left Rich and Anabel and walked to the slot machines. They sat down, put their cards in the machines, and began playing. They played for about fifteen minutes, then Steven looked towards Rich and Anabel and raised his hand to his face. Rich and Anabel nodded.

“Ashley……I feel lucky.”

“You do, Steven? Take a spin, then!”

Steven pulled the handle on his slot machine. The reels spun, then stopped on three golden Poké Balls. Sirens and bells went off to signify Steven’s jackpot win. Suddenly, a blonde woman walked up to him.

“So, you’re our latest jackpot winner…..want to meet my friends??”

“Your friends aren’t members of a certain….organization…..are they?”

“Oh, we just make these special Pokémon that are really strong………”

“So Enigma Shadow IS here!!!! I ain’t going anywhere with you!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Super Trainer Steven ---vs.---- Beauty Sheila

“Ohoho……you will learn, yes you will….go, Kirlia and Jumpluff!”

Sheila threw two Poké Balls, sending out Kirlia and Jumpluff.

“I choose…..Alumineon and Claydol!”

Steven released his Claydol and new Alumineon.

“Jumpluff, use Shadow Mist!”

Jumpluff waved its arms and created a shroud of dark mist that clouded around Steven's team.

“Alumineon, Iron Tail!”

Alumineon hit Kirlia with its tail, defeating the Psychic type.

“Wow, that thing is strong…just like master Noland told us……..Kirlia, return!”

“Claydol, Ice Beam!!!”

Claydol hit Jumpluff with an icy beam, causing it to faint.

“Nooooooooo!!!! M-master….I’ve failed you…”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Waaahhh!!! You’re gonna pay for this!!!

Sheila ran off, then Anabel and Rich came up to Ashley and Steven.

“Heh…..I guess our plan worked?” Rich asked.

“Yes it did, and quite well!” Steven answered.

“Let’s see…” Anabel thought. “How about Ashley and I hit the blackjack tables next?”

“Good idea,” Ashley agreed.

Anabel returned her Alakazam to its Poké Ball, then Steven released Metagross. Anabel and Ashley walked over to the blackjack table and sat down.

“How many chips you girls want?” the dealer asked gruffly.

“10 grand for each of us,” Ashley answered. The dealer shoved some chips to her and Anabel, then asked for bets. Each of the four people at the table bet one chip, or $100. The dealer then dealt out cards, giving Anabel a 5 and a 7, Ashley a king and a 3. The dealer himself showed an ace up.

“Any of you want insurance?”

They all shook their heads, then the dealer looked at his down card.

“Too bad! Blackjack!” he exclaimed, flipping over a 10. “Bets for the next hand?”

Anabel and Ashley repeated their earlier bet. Ashley got a 2 and a 3, Anabel a jack and a 5, the dealer showing a 9.

“I’ll hit,” Anabel said. The dealer gave her an 8 as the next card, totalling 13. “Hit again.”

“Busted!” the dealer called, as he gave her a 10. “Now you, blonde lady?”

“Hit me,” Ashley replied.

“You’re gone!” was the answer to a 9. The dealer flipped an ace, giving him 20. “New bets, people?”

Before Anabel placed her bet, she turned to Rich and Steven, and showed a black chip to them. She then bet $5,000. Ashley went in with another $100 bet. As the cards came out, an ace with Jirachi on it landed in Anabel’s hand.

“Whoa!!! Look at this!” the dealer shouted. “If I deal you another card, and it’s a jack with Ho-oh, you have won the Ultimate Blackjack contest! Here goes!” He dealt another card-----the infamous Ho-oh jack. “You’ve won!!! Congratulations!!!”

“Wow!! What do I win?”

“A Shadow Pokémon!”

“No, I don’t want that.”

“What?!?!?! This job is nuts….boss must be kidding!” the dealer spun around and revealed himself as a Shadow Peon. “Maybe I can salvage this by beating you!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Tower Maiden Anabel --vs.-- Shadow Peon Donald
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go, Luvdisc and Chimecho!!”

Donald sent out his Luvdisc and Chimecho.

“Time to show you a thing or two! Snorlax and Manectric, go!!!”

Anabel threw two Poké Balls, sending out Snorlax and Manectric.

“Manectric, Thunderbolt!!”

Manectric blasted Luvdisc with electricity, defeating it.

“This is a joke! Luvdisc, come back! Chimecho, Psybeam!”

Chimecho shot an odd beam at Snorlax, doing very little damage.

“Aha, now show him! Shadow Ball!!!”

Snorlax formed a dark lump, then fired it at Chimecho. Chimecho fainted.

“Awww! The boss really had it in for me with this job!!!!”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Oh, forget this!”

Donald ran away, then Steven and Rich came up to the table.

“Good work, Anabel!” Rich said. “You sure did a number on him!”

“Thanks!”

“Now what, though?” Steven wondered aloud.

“Wait…..” Ashley said. “Look at this.” She held up a paper that had fallen on the floor. “’The Great Butler’s Magic Show.’ And it’s tomorrow!”

“Butler…….” Rich thought. “That name sounds very familiar. I cannot place it though….”

“It doesn’t matter, really,” Anabel answered. “We’ll go rest and then tomorrow we’ll check it out.”

.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the Shadow Pokémon Lab, Queen Shadow stood in front of a tank filled with cloudy blue fluid. Noland, Nascour, Regidon, and the researchers stood behind her.

“Excellent,” the queen said. She looked up into the tank, which contained a shadowy creature. “I am proud of each and every one of you. This Shadow Pokémon will be our ultimate weapon in this phase of the plan.”

“Thank you, your greatness,” Nascour answered.

“Now our plan is nearly complete. We have one Element Plate, XD-02, and the Dark Lugia almost ready for launch. What we need now is Jirachi and the other Plates. Regidon, what is the status of those projects?”

“Queen Shadow…..we have all of the Element Plates.”

“What!?!?! Is this true?!”

“Yes, my queen. Except for the Emerald and Sapphire Plates, we have them all. Nascour has the Ruby, Karen stole the Pearl Plate on Pearl Key, and Brandon found the Diamond Plate at Diamond Rock.”

“Hmmmm……..Regidon, give them orders to hold their positions even if Rich finds them.”

“Huh? You mean….you WANT Rich to battle them?”

“Ahaha…..you will see in time….Noland.”

“Yes, Queen Shadow?”

“Add this upgrade to the Dark Lugia.” Queen Shadow handed Noland a piece of paper. “Make sure this is in there. Rich may beat all the Shadow Admins.....but even if he does, he cannot win….ahahahha….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

The next day, the heroes sat in the stands of the casino’s showroom, waiting for the show to start.

“I’m excited!” Ashley commented. “I really like magic shows.”

“Me too,” Rich answered, “but I still have a strange feeling about this...”

“It’s starting!” Steven told them as the lights went down.

“And now,” the announcer called, “the man, the myth, the legend! The one and only! Here comes.....The Great Butler!!!”

A spotlight shone on a tall man in a white suit on the stage. He waved his hands, magically summoning a wand. The crowd cheered for his trick.

“Thank you!!! I am The Great Butler! I’m here to entertain you with my magic, but I cannot do it without my assistants. Behold!” Butler waved his wand, making a tall box appear. “This box is empty, see?” He opened the box to show the crowd, then closed it. “I shall summon my main assistant from ths empty box!”

With that, Butler tapped the box with his wand. It transformed into a top hat, which Butler caught. He set it on the floor and waved his wand over it. The hat levitated, revealing a Gardevoir underneath. The crowd went wild.

“Did you see that?!?” Anabel exclaimed. “That was amazing!”

“Gardevoir!!” Butler shouted. “And my other assistants, Mightyena and Dusclops!!”

The hat exploded in midair and transformed into a Mightyena and a Dusclops.

“Thank you, thank you! For my next trick, I shall defy all laws of science! Go, Tropius!”

Butler threw a Poké Ball, releasing his Tropius.

“Now, Gardevoir...Mightyena....Dusclops.....get on Tropius!” The three Pokémon jumped onto Tropius’s back. “Folks, this weight is rather heavy, as you may imagine. Watch as I effortlessly levitate the entire stack!”

Butler waved his wand, and Tropius began to float in the air with the others on its back. The crowd watched in stunned silence.

“Behold!!” Butler spun the wand, causing Tropius to effortlessly rotate in the air. The crowd cheered.

“Thank you! Tropius, come back!” Butler led Tropius down, then returned it to its Poké Ball. For my next trick, I will need two volunteers. Anyone?”

“Let’s do this, Anabel,” Rich said.

“Pick us!” Anabel called as they both raised their hands.

“Let’s see....how about the blue haired lady and her guy friend over there!” Butler pointed straight at Rich and Anabel, who screamed with excitement and ran down onto the stage. “May I have your name, sir?”

“Rich.”

“Welcome to The Great Butler’s Magic Show, Rich. And you, pretty lady?”

“I’m Anabel.”

“Rich and Anabel. Give ‘em a hand!” The crowd cheered for Rich and Anabel. “This trick will honestly be death-defying, and I promise you the thrill of your lives! Rich, Anabel, stand on these two platforms here.” Rich and Anabel each stood on a platform on the stage. “Folks, you can see that Rich and Anabel are not protected in any way, shape, or form. They shall be subject to the strength of legendary power! For this trick, I’ll need help from my very special assistant, Regice!!!”

At Butler’s command, the back of the stage exploded. A platform rose up with the large Regice on it.

“Ashley...” Steven said. “I have got a real, real bad feeling about this...”

“I do too.....”

“As you likely know, Regice is the legendary Pokémon of ice,” Butler continued. “Its freeze abilities are unmatched. What we will do.....is have Rich and Anabel blasted by its ice!!!! That is, ice of negative 150 degrees!!!” The crowd gasped. “And now, the big moment! Five.....four.....three......two.......one........ ...Regice, do it!!!!!!!!!”

Regice reared back, glowed with black mist, and blasted a huge beam of dark ice at Rich and Anabel.

“Metagross and Aggron, stop that thing!!!”

Steven lept from the crowd and released Metagross and Aggron, who absorbed the attack without harm.

“Whoa! What are you doing?!?!” Butler cried out.

“You fiend!” Steven responded. “That wasn’t a harmless magic trick, you were going to hurt them with a Shadow Pokémon!”

“It all adds up!” Rich added. “The Shadow Admin here is Butler!”

“Ohohohoho!!!!” Butler laughed. “You kids are quite intelligent! Now, we shall do the grand finale, a spectacular showing of the magic Pokémon show in battle!”

“Bring it, Great Villain!” Rich jumped off his platform to battle Butler.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Admin Butler
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Butler holds his hands together, makes two fists, then pulls them apart to make a wand appear]

“I think I shall give you a taste of my power before I destroy you. Tropius and Gardevoir, go!”

Butler re-released Tropius, and Gardevoir came up next to it.

“This won’t be too big a deal! Milotic, Tyranitar.....go!!!”

Rich threw two Poké Balls, sending out Milotic and Tyranitar.

“Gardevoir, show them your powers! Thunderbolt!!”

Gardevoir hit Milotic with electricity, stunning it and doing strong damage.

“Milotic!!! Use Ice Beam!”

Milotic tried to attack, but couldn’t.

“Hahahaha!! See? Thunderbolt paralyzed your Milotic! Tropius, finish it with Magical Leaf!”

Tropius blasted glowing leaves at Milotic, knocking it out.

“Milotic.......come back! Go, Ludicolo!” Rich threw another Poké Ball, releasing Ludicolo. “Tyranitar, Rock Slide!”

Tyranitar launched rocks at both Gardevoir, which took some damage, and Tropius, which was knocked out.

“Good trick! Tropius, return! Mightyena, it’s your turn!” Mightyena jumped into the battle with a growl. “Gardevoir, Psychic!”

Gardevoir aimed a psychic blast at Ludicolo, which did an average amount of damage.

“And now, Mightyena, Crunch!!”

Mightyena followed up Gardevoir’s attack by crunching on Ludicolo.

“Ludicolo, use Hydro Pump!” Ludicolo blasted Mightyena with a jet of water. “Tyranitar, Crunch!”

Tyranitar delivered the powerful Crunch attack, finally defeating Gardevoir.

“Argh! You are quite skilled, I admit! Gardevoir, return! Now, this is the end of the games for you. Go, Salamence!!!”

Butler threw a Poké Ball, summoning the massive dragon Salamence.

“Salamence, Aerial Ace!!”

Salamence flew up in the air, grabbed Ludicolo, spun around, and threw Ludicolo down. The attack caused it to faint.

“No! I-I........Ludicolo, come back! Go, Alakazam!”

Rich replaced Ludicolo with Alakazam.

“Hahahahah!!!! Mightyena, Crunch again!!”

Mightyena crunched on Alakazam, instantly causing it to faint.

“Ahahahah, what’s wrong, Rich? Could it be that one of us is actually stronger than you? Tell you what, I’ll cut you a deal. Forfeit now and join us, and you won’t be harmed!”

“You.......I will never join you. Never!!!” Rich began to lose his calm. “What you monsters did to me and my family and what you’re doing now....both are despicable!!”

“Oh, is the Great Rich losing his temper now?” Butler teased. “Go on, fight me. You won’t win.”

“Yes I will, as I can do some tricks of my own! Gooooooooooo.........Salamence!!!!!”

Rich sent out his own Salamence, to the shock of all.

“Rich, you have a Salamence?” Anabel asked.

“Yes. I deposited Slowking in the PC system last night and added Salamence to my team. Like it, Butler?!?!”

“It is a fine creature....but no match for me! Mightyena, Frustration!”

Mightyena glowed red, then charged at Rich’s Salamence. The attack did little damage.

“Tyranitar, time to win this! Brick Break!”

Tyranitar punched Mightyena with incredible force, knocking it out.

“This isn’t over, Rich!! Come back, Mightyena! Go, Dusclops!”

Dusclops arose from a shadow on the floor to take Mightyena’s place.

“Salamence, show that magician what you can do! Dragon Claw!”

Rich’s Salamence attacked Butler’s Salamence with a brutal claw move, defeating it.

“Hmmm....that isn’t right! Salamence, return! Go, Regice!!!”

Butler waved his wand, cuing a bolt of black ice that struck the ground, summoning Regice.

“Rich, be careful!” Anabel called. “That’s his Shadow Pokémon!”

“Like you’re gonna Snag it!” Butler taunted. “Regice, Shadow Chill!”

Regice blasted a beam of dark ice at Rich’s Salamence, doing heavy damage.

“Tyranitar, Rock Slide!”

Tyranitar once again used Rock Slide, doing decent damage to both Regice and Dusclops.

“Dusclops, Destiny Bond!”

Dusclops and Rich’s Salamence glowed with dark light, then both fainted.

“Ah, clever move! Salamence, come back! Blaziken, go!”

Rich sent out his last Pokémon, Blaziken.

“Blaziken, Sky Uppercut!”

Blaziken delivered a powerful uppercut to Regice, knocking it down to its back.

“This is it! Snag Ball, go!”

Rich wound up and threw a Snag Ball at Regice..........

...and Snagged it.

“Yes! We got Regice!”

“My show is ruined! I have no more tricks!”

“Noooo.....how can this be??!?! After I was so nice to you and all.....”

“Huh?” Ashley wondered. “What do you mean?”

“Take a look,” Butler answered, then took out a shiny flower from his suit pocket. “This is a Time Flower, capable of recording events and playing them back later. When I activate it, Anabel, make sure you watch it through your Shadow Scope.”

“Alright...” Anabel responded, confused.

“Behold!”

Butler opened the Time Flower’s petals, creating a hologram of when Rich met the governor after battling Jimmy.

“Whoa!” Anabel shouted, startled. “Butler was Max Bet! The governor!!”

“Are you kidding??!!” Rich was equally startled.

“Yes, I posed as the governor of this island to observe you, knowing I would have to battle you. I can’t believe Jimmy beat you but I couldn’t.....”

“I don’t get it....” Steven said. “I remember the Fake Groudon incident of years ago. Butler, didn’t you become a full-time magician, not to mention your love for Dianne?”

“You question my love for Dianne?!” Butler grew angry. “I joined Enigma Shadow out of love for her! It is the only way to protect her from the coming disaster! You just wait, Rich. I may have lost now, but I shall return and take great pleasure in destroying you with my amazing magic! And we already have the Ruby Plate, so your efforts were futile!! Ahahahahahahh!!!!”

Butler waved his wand again, disappearing in a puff of smoke.

“That....was disturbing,” Rich said. “But look, he dropped another one of those disks.”

SHADOW POKÉMON PROJECT
    REPORT #4

Ancient prophecy discovered at Diamond Rock:

Five stones, wielding the power of the rainbow.....
    They shall be gathered....
    The end is not the end.....
    The true face of evil shall show....
    The seas will rage, the ground crumble, and the sky fall.....
    The Hero of Light will fight against the cataclysm......
    But he alone is not strong enough.....
    An ally will come forward at the darkest hour.....
    He will do a brave deed to aid the Hero....
    And the world shall be balanced again.

“Whoa,” Rich said in shock. “That’s some heavy stuff there....”

“It sure is...” Steven agreed. “I gotta unwind after all this. Want to go to White Castle?”

“What, and end up like Harold and Kumar?!” Ashley joked. “Let’s go back to the room and relax.”

All agreed, then they left the theater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nascour, Noland, and Queen Shadow stood inside the completed Dark Lugia at the lab.

“All functions are completed,” Noland reported. “Development went well ahead of schedule, as did testing and reasearch and development.”

“Excellent,” Queen Shadow replied. “This airship will be what we need to complete the mission once and for all.”

Suddenly, Donald and Sheila ran up into the airship.

“Master Nascour!” Shiela yelled.

“What? What is it?”

“We were defeated!” Donald whined. “So was master Butler!”

“Ugh. So I assume Rich got the disk with the prophecy on it?”

“Yes, master Nascour....”

“You fools disgust me! Where are the rest of the plans?!”

“I don’t....”

“Idiots!! Tear these islands apart until you find those plans! And bring me those fools, I want them alive!!”

“Yes, Darth......uh, Nascour!!!”

Donald and Sheila fled the ship after Nascour’s outburst. Suddenly, Noland’s cell phone began ringing.

“Hello? You.....you what!?!???! Are you serious? You obtained the DNA for that too!??!? Clone it and make a Shadow Pokémon at once!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

The next morning, the heroes prepared to set off for Pearl Key.

“Well,” Rich said, “I must say that was a rather interesting leg of our quest.”

“To be sure,” Steven agreed.

Suddenly, the image on the TV switched to the news, like earlier.

“I’m Ron Burgundy, and this is another breaking news report! We are receiving word of bizarre weather conditions from various regions. First, the arid desert region of Orre is reporting heavy rains, as much as a foot every 24 hours. For that we go to Ancha, stationed at the weather lab in Realgam Tower.”

At that, a blue-haired woman appeared.

“Yes, Ron, this is completely unheard of for the Orre region. The rains began yesterday and have not stopped since. Meteorologists are baffled by the storm, which did not appear on any radar, instead it just seemingly materialized over Orre yester---“

The TV went to snow, then Ron reappeared.

“We seem to have lost our connection with Ancha. While we try to get her back, we have another quick news flash. Chancellor Lawrence, due to the recent rise in violence, has halted all boat travel among the Metalico Islands region.”

Anabel turned the TV off, then turned to Rich in disgust.

“Now what do we do?!!”

“Hehehe. I knew this would come in handy one day. Go, Milotic!” Rich released Milotic, then grinned at the others. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“I think I am....” Anabel responded, then she released a Kingdra. “We Surf to Diamond Rock, taking a stop at Pearl Key.”

“Great! Let’s do it!” Ashley answered excitedly.

Only two islands remain for the heroes to save. But with the Dark Lugia complete and another ultimate Shadow Pokémon being prepared, it may be too late. Queen Shadow’s plot is quickly progressing---it may be far too late to stop her.....

END of CHAPTER FOUR

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I came here from the link. I never knew you had a fanfiction. By the way, I deleted Pokemon Discoveries for total reconstruction.

Grammar

It's much better than my grammar, that's for sure. That is a very good thing.

Plot

I like it so far, but I can't really judge it. I only read the introduction part. Besides, it's too early in the story.

Vocabulary

I love your choice of words in the story.

Detail

A little less conversation, and a little bit more detail would be nice, but that's just me. Always note that different reviewers have different thoughts.

Proud to work with NASA

Paired with aquajet16 <3

Thank you for your review. I'll be looking forward to the new Pokémon Discoveries, I liked that thing.

Yeah, the lack of description and overload of conversation are my weak suits, I'll admit. I don't like putting lots of description because it ends up feeling forced, and the conversation is due to the fact that having someone walk somewhere isn't as fun to read as it is to watch.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Ok, this story is very promising. The plot is good, the Frontier Brains as villians is original and you've clearly put thought into it.

However, when you come to battles, you skim the surface. It goes like this: Pokemon comes out, Pokemon attacks, enemy faints. Add detail into them, make them exciting. There are good ideas here, and I love reading this. But description is ice-thin and you need to greatly improve.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

I'll try, but like I said earlier--every time I try to put more description, I end up going overboard and making the descriptions all robotic lists, too.

Thank you for your review.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Well, I'll give it a shot and see if I can beef up the description in battles here. I'm not going to change the battles with the random peons, but since the Shadow Admin/other boss battles are the most important ones, I'll do my best to spice them up.

This is the first half of a double chapter, with two boss matches. I also parodied "Electric Soldier Porygon!" a bit minus the seizures. Enjoy. I'll post the second half tomorrow.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER FIVE: The Key of Pearls

Rich and Ashley jumped onto the Pearl Key dock from Milotic’s back, then Anabel and Steven got off of Kingdra. Rich and Anabel recalled their Pokémon, then looked around.

“So this is Pearl Key?” Steven wondered. “Doesn’t seem like there’s much here.”

“Still, though,” Rich answered, “it probably would be a good idea to investigate anyway.”

“You’re right,” Ashley agreed, “but where should we begin?”

“Only place we can begin, the Pokémon Center.”

All agreed, then they walked to the Pokémon Center. When they entered, the first thing they saw was Jimmy screaming crazily at a computer as a blue-haired girl tried to repair it.

“Jimmy?!”

“Rich? What are you doing here, man?”

“Well, we stopped here on the way to Diamond Rock......what’s going on?”

“A couple of Shadow Peons attacked me when I was eating! They stole my new Pokémon, Manene!”

“Manene?” Anabel asked. “What is that?”

“It’s a new Pokémon, the baby form of Mr. Mime,” the girl answered, then she turned to the others. “My name is Rebecca, and I’ve been trying to help Jimmy using my knowledge of computers. You see, Jimmy says that after they kidnapped Manene, they walked up to this computer....then went inside!”

“How is that possible?” Steven said.

“I’m not sure, but I have every reason to believe it is so. Right after I started trying to get into the system, the whole thing crashed.”

Before more could be said, the nurse’s voice came over the loudspeaker.

“This is an emergency! The PC transfer system has become jammed going between Pearl Key and Larousse City. Do not, I repeat, do NOT try to send your Pokémon between here and Larousse.”

“Oh boy,” Anabel said in dismay. “I think we’ve got to get in there. I mean, it’s the only way we can find out what’s going on. Rebecca, isn’t there any way you can get us into the computer system?”

“Well.....there is one way, but it’s very dangerous. The last person to do this was in the hospital for a month with seizures.”

“Come on,” Rich insisted. “We need to get in there!”

“Fine. But first.....Rich is your name, right?”

“Yes.”

“Alright. Rich, before I allow you to go in there, you must prove yourself by battling me. Double Battle, two each. Agreed?”

“I accept your challenge! Let’s go!”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Super Trainer Rebecca
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“I will choose first, Rich. Metagross and Shiftry, go!”

Rebecca released her two Pokémon, Metagross and Shiftry.

“Hmmmm.....good call. Go, Salamence and Blaziken!” Rich threw two Poké Balls, releasing Salamence and Blaziken. “Salamence, Flamethrower!”

Salamence attacked Metagross with a jet of fire from its mouth. Metagross tried to dodge, but got caught on its leg and took high damage.

“Shiftry, Hyper Beam!”

Shiftry blasted Blaziken with an amazingly strong beam attack, defeating it.

“Arggh! Good move! Blaziken, come back!”

“Metagross, use Meteor Mash!”

Metagross aimed a powerful punch at Salamence, but the dragon flew up a bit, making Metagross's attack sail harmlessly underneath.

“Earthquake!!!!”

Salamence stomped the ground, causing shock waves. The attack did little damage to Shiftry but defeated Metagross.

“Ah, you are lucky that Meteor Mash missed! Metagross, return! Shiftry, Hyper Beam!”

Shiftry, however, was tired from the last attack and couldn’t move.

“Salamence, show her everything you’ve got! Fire Blast!!”

Salamence loosed a huge stream of fire at Shiftry, so much that it caused the air to crackle. When it cleared, Shiftry was down.

“I guess....you are skilled enough to go in!”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Fine. I guess since you defeated me, I can tell you how to go inside the computer system. Rich, take this Poké Ball....” Rebecca took out a Poké Ball and handed it to Rich.

“Thank you, but I don’t want to hog all the glory. Ashley, you want this?”

“Yeah, sure!”

Rich handed the Poké Ball to Ashley.

“Ashley, inside that is the newest model of Porygon, the virtual Pokémon. When you go inside the system, release it from the Ball. It will grow to much larger proportions inside the system, so it can transport you around. When you want to get out, just tell Porygon and you’ll return here. OK?”

“Got it, Rebecca.”

“Good. Now, you four....hold on, because this is gonna be a bumpy ride!”

Rebecca tapped some keys on the computer, then a huge flash of light enveloped the room....

================================================== ==========

The heroes came to in a huge hallway with gigantic cords and pipes lining the walls.

“Whuh??!” Rich blundered. “Where are we?”

“Could this be the inside of the system?” Anabel suggested.

“It is indeed.” All four looked up to see Rebecca on a huge screen above them. “You are now inside the computer system. I have detected the problem to a clogged transfer tube straight down that hallway. Ashley, send out Porygon right away.”

“Alright. Here goes!”

Ashley threw the Ball, summoning Porygon. It looked around, then grew to massive size.

“Whoa!” Steven said in shock. “Porygon got huge!”

“That was supposed to happen,” Rebecca answered. “You see, the inside of the computer system is incredibly massive. It would take you forever to walk to where you need to go, so just ride on Porygon’s back. You can even battle there if you encounter any enemies along the way. Good luck!” Rebecca disappeared from the screen.

“Well, I guess we should get going,” Ashley suggested. “Porygon, let us get on your back.”

Porygon happily complied, floating down enough to let the heroes get on its back.

“Good, now take us where Rebecca told us to go, please,” Rich asked.

Porygon nodded, then began to float down the corridor. Before they got far, however, a Shadow Peon appeared from the ceiling and attacked.

“Ha! You’re mine now! I’ll beat you and get promoted to be an Admin!”

Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Peon Sidney

“Go, Magmar and Politoed!”

Sidney sent out his Magmar along with Politoed.

“Ready for this? Go, Milotic and Alakazam!”

Rich sent out Milotic and Alakazam, but before he could attack, Anabel cut in.

“Rich, be careful! They’re both Shadow Pokémon!”

“Two at once?! This is a new one......Alakazam, Thunderpunch!” Alakazam hit Magmar with the electric punch, stunning it. “Now, Milotic, Dragonbreath!” Milotic breathed hot air on Politoed, doing a bit of damage.

“Magmar, fight back! Flamethrower!” Magmar couldn’t attack because of being stunned, though. “Politoed, Water Gun!”

Politoed weakly squirted Alakazam with water. The psychic Pokémon didn't even seem to have felt it.

“Time to do this! Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the Politoed. It fell onto Porygon's back and began tilting as it rolled backwards.......

"NO!!" Anabel screamed. "Don't let it fall!"

Anabel jumped across the surface of Porygon's back and managed to catch the ball just before it fell. It was glowing red.

"Alright! Gotcha!"

"This is not good! Magmar, Shadow Rush!"

Magmar, managing to overcome its paralysis, began to give off the shadowy aura as it crashed into Milotic. Milotic took some damage, but not much.

"This is it! Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw another Snag Ball. Magmar, in its weakened and paralyzed state, could not put up a fight and was Snagged easily.

"Oh! My Shadow Pokémon!!!"

Sidney jumped off of Porygon and disappeared.

“Well, that wasn’t too tough. What’s ne----“ Before Rich could finish his sentence, Porygon crashed into a barrier and fell.

“Ouch!” Ashley winced. “At least we’re all OK.”

“Hahhahaahhaah!!! So, we meet again, punks!!” a voice taunted from the darkness.

“What? Who is that?” Anabel called.

“You don’t remember me? From the Battle Tower?”

“Wait....that voice......”

“Yeah, Rich! Quiver in fear, for I have returned!” the figure stepped from the shadows and revealed himself as Adio, Rich’s hated rival from the Battle Tower.

“Adio!??!?!” Steven said in shock. “Why are you here?!”

“Hahaha. You don’t get it, do you? I had that Shadow Flygon for a reason, you know. Ever since the Wishmaker Tower incident....even before.....I was a member of Enigma Shadow.”

“Whaaaaaaaat?!!!? You mean to tell me......”

“That’s right, Rich. It was all part of our plan. The attack was designed to break your spirit, like it did, that way I could take over the Battle Tower and raise money for our plot. But, you just had to come back and mess us up, huh?!”

“That’s right, you creep!” Rich screamed in rage. “Now I know who to blame for all my pain over the past four years! I won’t allow you demons to continue! This stops, right here, right now!!!”

“Hahahaahaahah!!! We are in here to collect mass amounts of Pokémon to turn to Shadow, as you can see.” Behind Adio was a glowing blue net that was holding back gigantic Poké Balls. “I can’t believe you think you can stop us. Even if you can defeat me, our leaders Nascour, Regidon, and Parfrida are still out there. Even as such, I am fed up with all your meddling!! You, Rich, and your worthless friends have a date with eternity!”

Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Enigma Shadow Adio

[Adio crosses his arms and grins wickedly. The look on his face is one of pure evil]

“Time for me to finish you off! Glalie and Granbull, go!”

Adio threw two Poké Balls, sending out an Ice-type Glalie and the intimidating Normal-type, Granbull.

"Grrr....now that I know just who you are, I'll fix you......Blaziken and Tyranitar, go!"

Rich, in fury, flung the two Poké Balls straight at Adio. Had they not popped open to let out Blaziken and Tyranitar, they would have hit him too.

“Rich, that’s a Shadow Glalie!” Anabel called.

“Thanks, Anabel! Blaziken, Sky Uppercut!”

Blaziken rushed towards Granbull. As it did, its fist began to glow with blue light. Granbull held its ground as well as it could, but when Blaziken finally delivered the crushing blow, it was too much. Granbull had gone down, resulting in Rich having a distinct advantage early on.

“You’re a feisty one, Rich. Come back, Granbull! Go, Nidoking!” Adio sent out Nidoking, the Ground and Poison type. “Glalie, Shadow Wave!”

Glalie glowed with dark mist, then hit Blaziken and Tyranitar with a wave of black light.

“Tyranitar, Earthqu---“

“Stop, Rich!!” Anabel suddenly yelled. “Do you know what you’re doing?!? Earthquake, with Blaziken out?!”

“Trust me, Anabel! If you never trust me again, do it this time. I know what I’m doing! Tyranitar, Earthquake!!” Tyranitar hesitated, not sure if it should still do the attack. “Believe in me, Tyranitar!” Tyranitar nodded and jumped, producing a large shock wave. Nidoking and Blaziken both fainted, while Glalie took heavy damage.

“Well, gee whiz, look here! The “champion” is beating up on his own Pokémon now!”

“You’ll see, Adio. You’ll see dang well what I’m doing, and you've lost your Nidoking already! Blaziken, come back! Go, Salamence!!”

Rich sent out his Salamence, which roared to intimidate Glalie.

“Hahaha! Are you kidding!? Salamence now? What a joke!! Nidoking, return! Go, Kingdra!”

Adio threw his Poké Ball, releasing a Kingdra.

“Salamence, show this punk trainer real power! Dragon Claw!”

Salamence lunged at Kingdra with claws bared, slashing brutally. Kingdra barely was able to keep fighting.

“Kingdra, Ice Beam!! Show him something!”

Ice formed at the end of Kingdra's snout, then blasted out with great force. Salamence, being both Dragon and Flying types, never had a chance of surviving the attack.

“Hahahahahahah!!! Real power? More like pathetic power!”

“Grrrrrrghhh.......Salamence, return! Go, Alakazam!” Rich sent out Alakazam to replace Salamence. “I got my target locked, and it’s Shadow Glalie! Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Glalie. The ball grabbed Glalie and fell to the floor.

It then glowed red, showing a successful Snag.

“Yes! Chalk up another Snag for me!”

”Very cunning, Rich! Go, Absol!”

Adio sent out the Dark type Absol in the place of his Snagged Glalie.

“Now Tyranitar, it’s go time! Dragon Claw!”

Tyranitar blew fire onto its claws then slashed Kingdra, finishing it off.

“This isn’t over! Kingdra, return! Go, Munchlax!”

Adio threw a Poké Ball to summon a Munchlax.

“Rich, that Munchlax is a Shadow too!” Anabel said.

“Thank you! Alakazam, Thunderpunch!”

Alakazam's fist cracked with electricity, then it delivered a strong punch to Absol.

“Absol, Slash!”

Absol's claws popped out of its paws, then it slashed Alakazam, defeating it in one hit.

“Nooooo!! Alakazam, come back.........”

“You can give up now if you want, Rich! Come on, you know you want to join us!”

“No! I’ll still beat you! Milotic, it’s showtime!!”

Rich threw the Poké Ball containing his beloved Milotic, sending it into battle.

“Munchlax, Shadow Rush!”

Munchlax didn’t attack, instead it glared at Tyranitar and its eyes flashed red.

“Shadow Rush......Hyper Mode!! Tyranitar, Brick Break!” Tyranitar punched Absol with crushing power, making it faint. “Milotic, Dragonbreath!”

Milotic breathed a cloud of foul-smelling air onto Munchlax. Munchlax almost seemed to snap out of Hyper Mode for a moment from the horridness of the smell, but didn't.

“Hahaha, now you’ll pay. Munchlax, Hyper Shadow End!”

Munchlax charged furiously at Tyranitar, doing so much damage that Tyranitar was knocked out. Munchlax also hurt itself badly in the attack.

“Hahah!!!! Ah, is the mighty Tyranitar hurt by a Munchlax?! Hahahahhah!!!”

“Grrrrrgghhhh....Tyranitar, return! Hmm...if I try to Snag Munchlax and fail, he’ll defeat me, so hopefully I’ll fight him again. Milotic, Hydro Pump!!!”

Milotic blasted a strong jet of water at Munchlax, knocking it out.

“WHAT!?!?! I lost again?? This can’t be!”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“I admit that we underestimated you, Rich. But just because you’ve bested me yet again means nothing. Chief Noland and his researchers at the Shadow Research Institute have created a Shadow Pokémon with power unlike anything the world has ever seen, XD-02.”

“XD-02?” Anabel asked. “What does that mean?”

“I suppose it wouldn’t compromise the project if I told you. The XD means “Xtreme Dominator,” the 02 as the descendant of XD001, Shadow Lugia.”

“Wasn’t Shadow Lugia the work of Cipher though?”

“Fufufu! I’ve told you too much, Rich! I’ll only add that if you don’t turn back now, you’ll meet XD-02 and face its wrath! Farewell!”

With that, Adio pressed a button on his jacket to teleport away. The net over the giant Poké Balls then began to fade.

“Uh, Ashley?” Steven said. “Before that net fades, don’t you think it would be a good idea to get out of here?”

“Yeah, you’re right! Porygon, take us out of this place!”

Porygon nodded, then began to glow with blinding light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Queen Shadow, her real name now known, was standing at her desk speaking with Noland over a com-link.

“Are you absolutely sure about this, Noland?”

“As sure as one can be, Queen Parfrida.”

“It does make me a little nervous, since I’m sure you remember what happened the last time someone tried that....”

“No need for worry, your highness. We have crafted a special brain for it, one that forces it to obey without fail. The catch is...”

“Ugh! Noland, you waste my time with these catches!!”

“Oh no, Queen Shadow, it’s really nothing! The only way for it to be purified and break free from the limits on it is twofold---it must encounter a Celebi, then it must be Snagged by Rich. Even then, it will not go crazy like the prototype version did years ago.”

“Oh, fine then. Considering that Celebi are extremely rare and that Rich wouldn’t have a chance of Snagging it, I’m not worried. Give the order to upgrade XD-02 at once.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Damn, I thought Lucy (Pike Queen) would be Queen Shadow. And Rich should have caught the Munchlax. Oh well, there's always a second chance. Dragonbreath isn't, as you say, a cloud of foul-smelling air, but dragon flame, sort of goldish-green crackling with energy.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

I am reviewing in return for your own review, The Great Butler, though I can't say I completely understand the context of the story. It certainly is an interesting style of storytelling--I'll give you that.

The battles, while not immensly detailed, have improved. Nice work, but it can be better. I'll be reading more. ^^
    Heart Break - ff.net - LJ - PotS

COLLEGE. >.<

Rarely online.

Jack of Blades: Actually, 'Parfrida' is the queen's real name---you have already seen who she is while disguised. Who? I won't tell.....yet. It'll be revealed in about three chapters. (Kind of like     Spoiler:
    and     Spoiler:
    ) I always pictured Dragonbreath as foul, judging from its description ("Hits the foe with an incredible blast of breath") and the old quote from Clair when you got her TM in G/S/C: "TM## is Dragonbreath. No, it has nothing to do with MY breath." Eh, guess it can be chalked up to different interpretations. Dragon Claw, however, I would love to see my design used for it in the anime--I love the image of a Salamence blowing fire on its claws then slashing its foe with them.

gladdecease: Thanks for returning the favor. It's not meant for you to understand the whole plot in the grand scheme of things right away; Rich's motivations, Enigma Shadow's plan, et al. I have planned a huge grand finale where it *will* all make sense in the end, though. Adio's confession that he was in on the Wishmaker Tower attack is the first clue......

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

And now, the second half of Chapter Five---where we will break into the news business and meet a pair of rather surprising new allies.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wake up, Rich! Wake up!”

Rich groaned then slowly opened his eyes. Rebecca, Anabel, Steven, and Ashley stood over him.

“Wha...what happened?”

“The exit from the computer system did a number on you,” Rebecca told him. “Thankfully, it only knocked you out for about twenty minutes. It appears that the clog in the system has been fixed, but now there’s trouble at the MNB Station!”

“What?!” Rich sprang up in shock. “They attacked the news studio now??”

“It appears so. They’ve apparently got Ron and the station’s staff as prisoners too.”

“Well, then, we gotta go there!”

“Wait, Rich,” Steven cautioned. “They’ve got the station locked down with Shadow Peons. We won’t get in.”

“Heheh....” Ashley snickered. “About that....look what I got!” Ashley held up four Shadow Peon uniforms, to the shock of the others.

“Where did you get those???!” Rich asked.

“Rebecca was able to impersonate a former Cipher Admin, Lovrina, and order them online.”

“Also, when I ordered them, we discovered they came from a place called “Halfmoon Cove.” I’d bet that Enigma Shadow’s base is there, wherever this place is.”

“Probably right,” Anabel agreed. “But right now, we need to get going. Ashley, give me one of those uniforms.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Shadow Peons guarded the entrance to the MNB Station when the disguised heroes walked up to them.

“Halt!!” one of the guards shouted.

“Who are you?”

“We’re former Cipher members looking to join up,” Rich told them. “My name’s Geftal, the other guy’s Kolax, and the girls are Leden and Jaymi.”

“Wait...I remember you guys! You four worked for Master Greevil on the Citadark Isle project, right?”

“Uh....yeah,” Ashley answered.

“Come on in, then!”

The guards opened the doors, guided the heroes in, then closed them.

“We’re excited to have you on our team....” one of the guards said, then he hesitated. “Wait a second. Something isn’t right here----if Eldes and Greevil turned themselves in, thus voluntarily disbanding Cipher, how could you be in Cipher now? And how did you get our uniforms if you aren't members yet??!"

"Just who are you people?!"

Rich and Steven ripped off their disguises and confronted the real Peons.

“We’re your worst nightmare!”

Pkmn Trainer Rich and Super Trainer Steven
    ---vs.---
    Shadow Peon Art and Shadow Peon Ruko

“Grrrr! We’ve been tricked! Go, Wigglytuff!” “We let you in, but we’ll kick you out! Ninjask, go!”

Art and Ruko sent out a Wigglytuff and a Ninjask.

“Ahaha, you two are gullible! Salamence, go!” “Metagross, let’s do this!”

Rich and Steven countered by sending out Salamence and Metagross.

“Be careful, you two! Those are both Shadow Pokémon!” Anabel called.

“Hahahaha. Like knowing that will help you! Ninjask, Shadow Half!!”

Art’s Ninjask glowed with dark mist, then waves of shadow energy descended onto the field. All four Pokémon recoiled as if they had been struck with some force.

“Whoa! What did you do?”

“Shadow Half---allows me to cut everyone's energy in half! Quite a useful move, huh?"

“Urrggh.....Rich, remember Hoyt, that guy we fought back at Port Emerald?”

“Yeah?”

“I guess he wasn’t kidding when he said they had new Shadow Attacks.....and that one was vicious.”

“I agree. Salamence, Crunch!”

Rich’s Salamence lunged forward with fangs bared. Ninjask's speed didn't help it get away, and Salamence crunched down on it with great force.

“Bah, who cares? Wigglytuff, Shadow Rush!"

Wigglytuff began to give off the aura indicative of a shadow attack, and while it did, it rushed into Metagross at high speed. Steven's Pokémon seemed not to take much damage from the attack.

“Metagross, Psychic!”

Metagross focused, then blue light surrounded Wigglytuff as it lifted the Shadow Pokémon into the air. After a moment, Metagross slammed Wigglytuff into the ground powerfully.

"Good job helping me weaken them. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Ninjask. After taking the impact from its own Shadow Half and then Salamence's Crunch, it was too weakened to fight back. It was sealed in the ball easily.

"Shoot! No!!!!"

"He may have fallen, but I will not be as simple. Shadow Rush!"

Wigglytuff gave off the aura again, then jumped toward Salamence and slammed into it.

"Steven, I think we've done enough. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a second Snag Ball, this one at Wigglytuff. It fell to the ground and rocked once.....

twice.....

three times, and a snag.

"We need backup! These guys are too much!"

Art and Ruko fled down the hall. Before anyone could say a word, strange sounds came from a side room.

“Did you guys hear that?” Ashley asked.

“I did,” Anabel answered. “Want to go check it out?”

“Might as well. Come on, Steven, ladies.....”

The four walked to the room’s door, opened it, and spotted several men tied up on the floor.

“Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!” one of them screamed. “More of those thugs!!!”

“Help!!!” another cried.

“We aren’t thugs!” Rich assured them. “We’re here to help you!”

“Let me get you out of those ropes,” Steven said, then he did just that. The men stood up and stretched.

“Thanks, in that case. My name’s Champ, and I’m the sports guy at this station. Lemme introduce you to our crew. This guy here is Brian, the feature reporter, and last but not least is Brick the weatherman.”

“Nice to meet you guys. I’m Anabel, along with Rich, Steven, and Ashley. We’re fighting those crooks that are holding the station hostage.”

“Wait,” Brain broke in. “The guys who tied us up were ranting about a ‘Rich’ and an ‘Anabel’ that were screwing up their plans. Would those folks be you?”

“Yep, that’s us,” Rich confirmed. “What exactly happened here?”

“Well, they just broke in and took us all hostage,” Champ began. ”They said that they wanted to use the station to send coded messages to their followers elsewhere in the region. Oh yeah, and there was this creepy blue-haired woman with them, seemed like she was the gang leader.”

“She had a really cute little pink creature with them,” Brick commented. “I don’t know what it was but I really want to know.”

“A cute pink creature?” Ashley wondered aloud. “Why does that sound so familiar........that’s it!! Jimmy’s Manene!!!”

“You’re right!” Steven realized. “Do you know where they went?”

“Probably up to the newsroom,” Brian told them. “Uh....wait!! That means Ron is trapped there too!!! Here’s what I want you to do. Take this key.....” Brian handed Rich a key. “Use it on the director’s room door to find our boss, Harken. He’ll help you out. And hey, good luck out there, Rich.”

“Thanks. Come on guys, let’s get going.....”

Before Rich even could finish his sentence, the door opened and Skrub stormed in.

“Not you again! Remember me, from the Academy?”

“Uh........somewhat.”

“Humph. I’ll beat you down so badly that you’ll remember from now on!!”

Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Peon Skrub

“This shouldn’t be all that hard. I’ll smash you down and get a promotion! Metang and Golem, go!”

Skrub threw two Poké Balls, sending out Metang and Golem.

“Oh yeah, I remember you now! Dakim’s underling! Go, Ludicolo and Salamence!!”

Ludicolo and Salamence appeared, then Anabel took out the Shadow Scope and focused on Metang.

“Rich, he’s using a Shadow Metang this time!”

“Many thanks, Anabel! Salamence, Crunch!” Salamence flew forward and crunched on Metang. Metang's Steel type helped it resist the blow, which would've been much stronger otherwise. “Ludicolo, Giga Drain!”

Ludicolo jumped onto Golem and began to drain its energy. Golem tried to throw it off, but fainted in the end.

“Feh, who cares? Golem, come back! Go, Sealeo!”

Skrub released a Sealeo, which caught Anabel’s eye.

“The Sealeo is a Shadow too!”

“Haha, now our increased power shall be made painfully clear! Metang, Shadow Down!”

The dark mist surrounded Metang, then Salamence and Ludicolo, but nothing else happened.

“Hm? What did that do?”

“Hahah, you’re about to find out. Sealeo, Shadow Break!!!!”

Sealeo focused as waves of shadow energy appeared from its body, then it suddenly jumped forward and slammed Salamence with incredible power. Salamence fainted.

“Wha--?! How----“

“Shadow Down makes your Pokémon less able to withstand attacks. Perfect for setting up big hits, like I just did!”

“Gah! Salamence, come back! Go, Milotic!” Rich recalled Salamence and sent out Milotic. “And now, Metang is mine! Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the weakened Metang, which after three rocks successfully Snagged it.

“It doesn’t matter at all now. Sealeo, Shadow End!”

Sealeo surrounded itself with thick black clouds and charged Ludicolo with crushing power, knocking it out and also hurting itself badly.

“Ludicolo, return! Skrub.....this is it for you, since your strategy injured your Sealeo.......Snag Ball, go!!”

Rich threw a second Snag Ball at Sealeo, and thanks to its being weakened, the Snag was successful.

“Twice we meet, twice I fall. This shouldn’t be.....”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Alright, alright, alright! I admit, you’ve defeated me thoroughly. But I shall have the last laugh!” Skrub pointed to a button on the wall. “When I press this, it will activate a lovely little thing we call a TIME BOMB!!!!”

All the others in the room recoiled at Skrub’s threat.

“No!!” Brick cried out. “Don’t go booming up our station with your traps!”

“Hahahaha!!! It’s too late for you all, because I will press it!”

Skrub began to reach for the button, but before he could reach it, he was jolted from behind and fell down. Grubba walked into the room with his Manectric.

“Hohoho. I see I got here right in the nick of time, eh?”

“Grubba, sir!” Ashley said in relief. “How did you know we’d be here?”

“Actually, I didn’t. I got word that there was trouble on this island, but I got hung up on my way here. When I arrived, these two Shadow Peons rushed past me screaming that “fake Cipher Peons” defeated them at the MNB Station, so I came right here and happened upon this.”

“Well, it’s good that you helped us,” Rich thanked. “Problem is, their Shadow Admin is up ahead in the studio. Come on, let’s get going....”

“Wait, Rich. You and your friends go and beat their Admin. I’ll stay here and keep watch.”

“Fine, Grubba.”

Rich, Anabel, Steven, and Ashley walked out of the room, shut the door, and started down the hall. Soon, another door with the words “Director’s Office” on it appeared.

“This is the door, right?” Rich asked.

“I think so,” Steven answered. “Come on, open it.”

Rich inserted the key, turned it, and pushed the door open. The room inside was dark, and appeared abandoned.

“Hello?” Anabel called. “Anyone here?”

“Sweet Pikachu’s Thunderbolt!!” a voice screamed from behind some boxes, then a mustached man in a red suit jumped up. He clutched a special type of Poké Ball called a Luxury Ball. “Take one more step, you thugs, and Baxter and I will run you straight out!!”

“Ron??!” Rich said, stunned. “Ron Burgundy, the anchorman?”

“Yeah. What’s it to you, crooked dude?”

“Calm down! We’re here to help you!”

“Wait......are you that Rich guy who they were whining like babies about? The one who just beat up their operative inside the computer system??”

“The one and only.”

“Oh dear....!!! Please, forgive me for being such a fool! I’ve been cooped up in here hiding with my boss ever since those criminals appeared.”

“Harken? Where is he, then?”

An older man in overalls stepped forward.

“I’m Harken. Thank you so much for coming to rescue us. I have one last mission to give you.....” Harken handed Rich a card key. “Take that and go to the studio. You must, MUST defeat those people once and for all!!”

“Don’t worry about it. You two stay safe here, and we’ll go.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich swiped the card key as soon as the group reached the studio doors. When the doors opened, the blue-haired woman stood on the other side with an important looking man in a suit. Jimmy’s Manene was off on the side in a cage, mimicking them.

“Fwahahaha!! You have arrived, at last! Come on, make yourselves comfortable....”

The four rushed up to the two and confronted them.

“I’ll get to the point. Give back Jimmy’s Manene and get out of here!”

“Ah, Rich. Do you realize how simple your mind truly is? Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Shadow Admin Karen, a champion of Dark-types. This station had something we needed......” Karen showed them the Pearl Plate. “The Pearl Plate is one of the five Element Plates that we need to awaken Ho-oh, and you hold another.”

“There’s gonna be a big fight here, I guess....”

“See, Rich, you aren’t so dumb after all.”

“But who is this guy?”

“Wes Mantooth!!!” Ron screamed, then rushed into the exchange. “My hated rival!!”

“Ron, I didn’t think you’d have the guts to come and fight!” Wes taunted. “Let me make a proposal. We’ll broadcast the battle live on TV---Karen and I against you and Rich!!!”

“I accept! Come on Rich, it’s time to give these creeps a Burgundy-style beatdown!”

Rich stepped up next to Ron and prepared for battle.

“Let’s do it!”

Pkmn Trainer Rich and Anchorman Ron
    ---vs.---
    Shadow Admin Karen and Newscaster Wes
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Our queen will be quite pleased when I bring her you in a cage. Go, Houndoom!” “Hahahah, the news guy with the bad suit is going to challenge us on our turf? Castform, teach him a lesson!”

Karen sent out Houndoom, an evil-looking dog-like Dark and Fire type while Wes brought out Castform, a Pokémon with control over the weather.

“That Pearl Plate is going to be ours! Tyranitar, go!” “Baxter, show that Wes Mantooth what happens when he challenges the great Ron Burgundy....who is still number one in the ratings, lest you forget!"

Rich's Tyranitar popped out of its Poké Ball, while out of the black and gold Luxury Ball came Baxter---a majestic Arcanine.

"Rich, Ron, watch yourselves! Those two are both Shadow Pokémon!"

Wes grunted scornfully.

"So you're the Anabel Queen Shadow warned us about. I see Rich can't do this on his own, so he had to bring in an empty-headed female like you. Quite pitiful."

"H-how dare you call me empty-headed! Rich, be the man here and beat them down!"

"The only one getting a beating will be your little boyfriend here. Castform, Shadow Sky!"

A burst of black light shot straight up from Castform's body, then spead over the top of the room like a cloud.

"Time to throw down, Baxter. Body Slam!"

When it jumped and slammed down onto Houndoom, Baxter's immense size only aided the attack---Houndoom took high damage.

"Shadows and darkness will always win out over light........Shadow Fire!"

Houndoom sucked waves of shadow energy into its mouth like a vacuum, then blasted Tyranitar with a dark fireball. Surprisingly, it seemed to do high damage.

"Huh?! How are fire attacks so strong against Tyranitar?"

“It may be called Shadow Fire, but....we’ve made them all a separate type! All the shadow attacks can override all type disadvantages now!”

“That.....is not good. Tyranitar, Thunder Wave!”

Tyranitar emitted weak pulses of electricity from its body. These pulses jolted Houndoom, who became paralyzed from them. Afterwards, the dark cloud covering the room seemed to burst open, letting shadow rain and bursts of light fall on the battle. The bursts damaged Baxter and Tyranitar, the non-Shadows, then stopped.

"No more holding back, Castform! Drop a Shadow Bolt!"

Castform's tiny body crackled as it charged up, then it unleashed a bolt of dark lightning that defeated Tyranitar.

"Tyranitar, return!" Rich recalled Tyranitar, then hesitated briefly. "Now I can see how evil you people really are. Look what you've done to that poor Castform! Its tiny body can't handle doing all these giant attacks you've forced it to!"

Indeed, Castform was breathing heavily and seemed exhausted.

"It's not like any of us care," Karen replied with a condescending tone in her voice. "Pokémon are meant to serve humans. But in their natural states, they are just not strong enough to do the work we require of them. That is why we made Shadow Pokémon."

Rich just gritted his teeth, furious at what he was hearing. He then plucked another Poké Ball off his waist and threw it, sending out Salamence--who was just enough rested from its previous battle to go on.

"Baxter, use Overheat on Castform!"

Flames began to fall out of Baxter's mouth as it reared back. It then charged forward while shooting flames from its mouth, making itself a living fireball. It crashed into Castform with great power, injuring the small Pokémon badly.

"The target is Houndoom! Snag Ball, go!"

Just like that, Rich threw a Snag Ball at Karen's Houndoom. It blew fire at the ball to try and deflect it, but failed and was scooped up. After three rocks, the ball pinged, having Snagged its target.

"You're an annoying one, Rich. Go, Exeggutor!"

Karen next sent out an Exeggutor, a Pokémon with three heads which also resembled a living coconut tree.

"There's another Shadow, you two!" Anabel called.

"It won't be as easy as Houndoom was. Shadow Rush!"

Exeggutor hit Baxter with a shadow aura-powered tackle attack. The elegant Arcanine didn't even flinch, however. As soon as it did, more bursts of light rained down from the Shadow Sky hurting Baxter and Salamence.

"Buckle down and focus, Castform! Shadow Chill!"

Castform took a deep breath and then aimed a powerful beam of dark ice at Salamence. Salamence dodged but the attack clipped its wing and froze it.

"No matter, we're cooking now! Baxter, use Crunch!"

Exeggutor found itself quickly on the recieving end of a powerful Crunch from Baxter. Trying to throw Baxter off, it stumbled over and fell backwards.

"Baxter, let it go. We may want to win, but we don't do it like that."

Baxter complied, releasing Exeggutor and backing off. Exeggutor stood back up.

"That was classy, Ron, if I do say so myself. Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Wes's exhausted Castform. It didn't put up any kind of a struggle like Houndoom did; indeed, it may have even wanted to be Snagged. Regardless, it was captured by Rich easily.

"I'm a loser in ratings and in battle........"

"I'll back you up, Wes! Go, Magnet----"

Karen reached to her waist, but discovered her third and final Poké Ball was gone.

"Magneton!!! Where has it....."

Rich laughed at her, then Ron joined in.

"Could it have vanished because you tried to cheat? You know the rules for tag battles.....a champion such as I would, so don't even try to dispute me."

A short old man in a purple and gold cape entered the room, followed by a very tall man, clad in black and red to match his red hair. All eyes fell on the pair......and things went silent.

"I-I......" Rich was in shock. "G-G-Greevil? Greevil and Eldes?!?!"

"It is fine," the old man responded. "Once I was Cipher's Grand Master Greevil, and yes, this is my son and most trusted assistant Eldes. However, we have since moved on from that nonsense. Now I wish to be known simply as Verich once more, the wealthy trader and owner of this station."

"We locked you two up!" Karen sputtered with frustration. "Why are you here?!"

"To stop you," Eldes answered cooly. "Rich, this battle will present no problem for you. My father and I stole the Shadow Magneton from Karen when she imprisoned us."

"Thank you!"

"Gah!! This isn't going to work at all! I guess I'm on the short end of this, so I'll go out with a bang. Explosion!"

A great blast of energy came from Exeggutor's body. The sheer force of this attack caused all three Pokémon to faint, but since Karen had no more left, she had lost.

"I give! You can have the station back!"

"This is all your fault, Greevil! Had you not interfered, I'd have won!"

"Not quite. You know very well that I told Queen Shadow that if I was to lead Cipher, I'd not accept her lording over me with Cipher decisions. And it's Verich, thank you."

"Whatever! Rich, take this thing already!"

Karen flung the Pearl Plate at Rich, then fled with Wes. Rich picked it up, looked at it, and put it in his bag.

"Thank you," Anabel said gratefully. "But why?"

"Well, Eldes and I wanted to lead quieter lives after we were defeated two years ago so we sailed down to these islands and bought this station. The frightening fact is, Enigma Shadow has had a paid hit on me ever since the XD001 debacle. You see, Cipher was nothing more than an alias for Enigma Shadow's operations in Orre. The first incarnation, I don't know, but mine was to test the Shadow Pokémon formulas. XD001 was nothing more than the prototype they forced us to make for the ultimate Shadow Pokémon."

Before anymore could be said, Jimmy and Rebecca rushed into the room. Jimmy quickly freed his Manene from the cage, but they were both still in a panic.

"Thanks for saving my Manene, man, but it's all over!"

"What? What do you mean?" Steven wondered.

"There's trouble at the entrance," Rebecca explained. "Chancellor Lawrence's three bodyguards, Pluto, Neptune, and Jupiter, have come looking for you, Rich, because they claim to have proof you were behind the Port Emerald bombings!"

"WHAT?!?! That's false! I'd never do such a thing, and we were on Ruby Island when they occured!"

"I know, man, but we gotta get a groove on outta here before they come any closer. Grubba's fighting them all at once....I know he's got an Entei, but still......"

"We can help," Eldes offered. "Our cruiser is parked behind the station. My father and I can take you all as far as Diamond Rock."

"Let's do it!" Ashley shouted, more fearful than enthusiastic.

Rich, Anabel, Steven, Ashley, Rebecca, Jimmy, Verich, and Eldes all rushed out through the emergency back door.

"You stay classy!" Ron called after them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Noland stood before Parfrida in her throne room in the Halfmoon Cove cave......

“There is bad news, Queen Shadow. Very bad news.”

“What?”

“Karen lost to Rich just now at Pearl Key.”

“That was expected. No big deal.....”

“Worse still, Verich has betrayed us again. He helped Rich escape while that Grubba held up the Chancellor’s guards.”

“Grrrrrr....treason!!!!! Can you get me a view of the battle?”

“Yes. Activating observation camera AK97635......view focus engaged........activating main viewer.”

A projection of the MNB Station lobby appeared. Grubba was locked in a brutal battle with the three grunts, using his Entei, Manectric, and Glalie to singlehandedly fight Pluto’s Articuno, Neptune’s Zapdos, and Jupiter’s Moltres.

“This is troubling, Noland. Deeply troubling.......do we know their next destination?”

“Yes, we do. Diamond Rock, most likely to hunt the Diamond Plate and the legend of Black Lugia.”

“Fine, Brandon should be able to handle him adequately. What of the other operations we had going?”

“Hehehehheheh........look at this!”

Noland held up a large blue crystal that glowed with light.

“Is.....is that what it appears to be?!?!?!”

“Yes, my queen.....this is the missing link, the key to powering the satellite.....”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Verich's cruiser sailed out on the ocean, away from Pearl Key.

“You think Grubba will be alright?” Ashley worried.

“I’m sure he will,” Steven answered.

Verich shuffled into the room.

“Sorry, but I need to interrupt here. I’m getting bizarre reports on the wire about unusual weather events----Eldes, where’s the remote?!”

“Right here.” Eldes took out the remote and pressed a button, turning on the TV in the cabin.

“This is Ancha, live from Realgam Tower in Orre. The bizarre weather has continued all over the region, even causing evacuations. First we go live to Marcia in Pyrite Town. Marcia?”

“Yes, Ancha, the weather here is completely out of control! It is raining, yes, raining heavily here. This is a region that doesn’t get much rain ever, as I’m sure you know. Experts are baffled as to what is causing the rain, which is falling at a rate of two feet a day. The director of Pyrite Colosseum, Silva, has called for help from Hoenn’s Weather Institute, so we’ll see how that ends up.”

“Marcia in Pyrite Town, thanks. Now to Phenac City, where another bizarre weather event is taking place. Snow. Yes, snow in Orre. A report we have received from Phenac’s mayor says that the temperature there has fallen to 24 degrees Fahrenheit—a record low not just for Phenac City but for the whole Orre region---and that snow has been falling heavily. Evacuations of Phenac may happen quite soon, but Mt. Battle and a 30 mile radius surrounding it has already been, and people are being warned to stay away from the area after a 7.3 earthquake shook the area in tandem with a massive high pressure system causing temperatures of over 200 degrees.....yes, two hundred degrees.”

Eldes turned the TV off, and Rebecca just stared at the blank screen.

“No......if that is true........Verich, can you do me a big favor?”

“Yes, Rebecca, what is it?”

“I need satellite pictures of Mt. Battle as soon as possible.”

“I can do that, so just wait a few minutes.....” Verich walked out of the room.

“Why do you need those pictures, Rebecca?” Rich asked.

“The reports of earthquakes and extremely high temperatures at Mt. Battle is a troubling sign....if the legend is true, it means.......Groudon is awakening!”

“What!?!?!” Jimmy screamed in shock. “Explain to me, so I know where I can turn on the funk and where I can’t.....”

“The legend of Groudon and Kyogre,” Rebecca explained. “in it, it is said that a Groudon sleeps in each of the world’s biggest volcanoes-----like Mt. Battle. When it is about to awaken, the area around the volcano is stricken by strong earthquakes and amazing heat, culminating with an earthquake over magnitude 20, then the mountain will melt and the magma within forms Groudon. If I can get some images of Mt. Battle on my computer, I can analyze their wave energy patterns and compare them to data I already have to determine if we indeed are on the verge of a disaster when and if Groudon awakes.”

Verich returned to the cabin, holding several sheets.

“Here are your images. We will arrive at Diamond Rock tomorrow morning.”

Rich’s adventures on Pearl Key gave him a much deeper understanding of Enigma Shadow’s plot. Adio, his rival, was revealed to have been an agent of the organization when the Wishmaker Tower bombing occurred, confessing that the attack was intended to hurt Rich directly. After beating Adio once again, Rich saved the MNB Station and earned the Pearl Plate by defeating Shadow Admin Karen. Only one island remains, but the danger is increasing. With Lawrence’s bodyguards accusing Rich of bombing Port Emerald, the possibility of Groudon awakening, and the completion of XD-02 at the Shadow Research Institute, Rich will need to hurry to stop the plot before it is too late......

END of CHAPTER FIVE

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Snazzy Snorlax Guest

I've never played the GCN games, but this fic really makes me want to. Good on ya!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast