Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow

Hehe, time to return the favors.

I like the story so far. I like the latest Chapter, Chap 7, the best so far.

Keep it up! I'll be waiting to read the next Chapter.

a certain someones identity will finally be revealed........
    Is it Parfrida's?
    I liked Scizor before Scizor was cool.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor King
    Is it Parfrida's?
    Somebody has to be Noland's boss.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Well, Butler, here's a return favor for you.

...Wow. That's about all I can say. This is a truly wonderful fic. Butler, I compliment you. There's really nothing I have to say about this in a negative sense, it's just too good. Although one of the few things I will comment about is the fact that the battle scenes practically start playing a Pokemon Colosseum/XD battle in my head for imagery. It's gotten better since the first chapter (yes, I sat down and read all seven after you reviewed my fic), but maybe a little more description? Although I really like the various references you have made to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Queen Shadow ~ Shadow Queen, the entire Arena thing at the beginning of the story, not to mention the champion's belt...     Spoiler:
    ). Great work though, keep it up.

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

...Wow. That's about all I can say. This is a truly wonderful fic.
    Thank you very much! (Gives Butler Empire banquet cake to TPM)

Although one of the few things I will comment about is the fact that the battle scenes practically start playing a Pokemon Colosseum/XD battle in my head for imagery.
    Really, that was what I intended for. I have a difficult time working out the battles in an anime style, so I modeled them on Colosseum/XD battles instead.

Although I really like the various references you have made to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    Great game. Deserves all the mention it can get.

Queen Shadow ~ Shadow Queen
    I didn't intend for that at first, but it is a nice little coincidence now that I see it.

the entire Arena thing at the beginning of the story, not to mention the champion's belt
    Tucker's Engrish was taken right from PM:TTYD too, but I'm sure you saw that.

Spoiler:
    I can confirm she will have interesting powers........

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

It won't all be up for a while, but I may as well begin. Here we go with chapter eight of the saga..........................
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER EIGHT: Shutting the Shadows Down

“Queen Shadow?”

“Yes, what do you want, Noland?”

“Things worked out just right. We will soon be bringing you THE catch.”

“Heheheh......perfect......PERFECT......”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the wreckage of the airship, a fallen iron beam had smashed in and blocked the door from the central chamber to the cockpit. Glass was shattered all around, and there was a ringing. Nothing more, just a persistent ringing..........

“Ugh.....” Anabel sat up slowly, then Steven and Ashley did the same, “Where are we? What’s that ringing?”

“It...sounds like.....Rich’s P*DA!” Steven realized.

“You’re right!” Anabel grabbed the Snag Machine from the floor and opened the P*DA. “Hello?”

“Anabel?!?!”

“Papa, is that you?”

“Yes!” Ein said with panic in his voice. “You’re alright?”

“Yeah, but I’ve no clue where we are. What’s going on?”

“Prof. Becker from Diamond Rock called me. He noticed from your Satellite Trackers that you had crash-landed on an island due north from there, and Rich’s was missing. He was really worried about all of you, and now I am too....”

“An island, due north.........this must be New Island.....”

“The enemy’s Shadow Research Institute is there, so be extremely careful. Say, what did happen to Rich?”

“He’s.......” Anabel choked up. “He didn’t get out of the danger area before the crash.........he’s gone...”

“Oh no........I’m very saddened to hear that.....just try to keep your head up for now and get off of that island, please, Anabel......”

“I’ll be fine, Papa.”

“Good luck, then.”

Ein hung up.

“Hey, look......” Ashley pointed out. “There’s their lab.....and it’s pouring rain. We won’t be safe here for very long.”

“That means we have to get going and go inside the Shadow Research Institute. Anabel, do something for me and Ashley....for Rich.....put the Snag Machine on, and finish his mission.”

“I.....I will.”

Anabel put on the Snag Machine.

“Come on, Steven....Ashley.......I, for one, will not allow them to get away. Not after what they’ve done now!”

Steven and Ashley nodded, then all three ran out of the wrecked airship into the rain. Steven had to let his Metagross out briefly to break through the blocked passage. They ran down the rocky coast of the island until they reached the lab’s main entrance.

“No! It’s locked!” Anabel shouted. “These doors are locked!”

“There’s always another way in,” Steven observed. “Look.”

He pointed towards a large, old pipe sticking out of the lab’s foundation nearby.

“We aren’t sewer rats.....” Ashley complained. “But we have to do it.”

All agreed, then they walked to the pipe and climbed down into it..........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a well-lit chamber at the bottom of the pipe, a shadowy man briefed a pair of Shadow Peons.

“You listen up. The three that are left will be inside the Institute soon, and we can’t allow them to ruin the plans of Chief Noland. Do you understand?”

‘But sir,” one of the Peons complained, “all of them are way too tough for us to handle.”

“If you are incapable of anything else, hold them up until reinforcements arrive.”

Anabel, Steven, and Ashley appeared behind the man’s back.

“Who are you?!”

“Ahaha,” the man laughed without turning. “I see my friends have arrived, just as I predicted.”

After that, he turned around. It was Rich, except missing the artist’s cap he always wore.

“Rich?!?!?!” all three screamed in shock.

“Ahahaha, yes, it is I! I bet you’re wondering why I’m down here with these two grunts, eh? It’s because this whole time, I’ve been a double agent! I really did blow up those ships on Port Emerald and everything!”

“Why, Rich.....why........”

“Anabel, you will be turned to our side as well. All three of you will be.”

“You aren’t my Rich, the one I know!”

“Ahaha. Naive girl, you are in denial. I am truthfully, in truth, truly the one and only true Rich. I have been working on this project for years, and it is your destiny to join me.”

“No! You can’t be.....”

“I told you, I’m real. If you won’t be turned, you will suffer. Go, Milotic!”

Rich threw a Poké Ball and sent out Milotic. It stared at Anabel.

“Come on, Milotic, it’s me....Anabel! You know who I am!”

“Hohoho. So foolish, so foolish. Milotic, show her what we do to dissenters! Shadow Flood!”

Milotic, truly a Shadow, attacked Anabel with a blast of dark water. Steven and Ashley caught her from falling.

“Fu......enough of this. Milotic, return. Boys, it’s your turn now! I shall await you with the traitors in my office!”

Rich recalled his Shadow Milotic, and fled the room. The two Peons stepped forward to challenge Anabel, who stood up and called Ashley to her side.

“I don’t care anymore. Ashley and I will teach you a lesson!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Tower Maiden Anabel and Super Trainer Ashley
    ---vs.----
    Shadow Peon Kapp and Shadow Peon Punte
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Exeggutor, go!” “We need to win this......Raikou!”

Ashley sent out Exeggutor while Anabel used Raikou, a rare and legendary Pokémon.

“Heheheh. I wish our boss still had the Snag Machine, that Raikou would look awful nice in Queen Shadow’s collection. Nidorino, go!” “And I’ll go with.....Nidorina!”

Kapp and Punte sent out Nidorino and Nidorina, two Poison types.

“Raikou, Rain Dance!”

Anabel’s Raikou roared loudly, then rain began to fall.

“Exeggutor, Psychic!”

Ashley’s Exeggutor blasted Nidorina with psychic energy, knocking it out in one hit.

“Somehow I think Boss over-estimated us.......Nidorina, return! Go, Nidoqueen!”

Punte recalled Nidorina and sent out its evolution, Nidoqueen. As soon as it appeared, the P*DA began to signal.

“Hm? Oh, I see......it’s saying that Nidoqueen is a Shadow.”

“Watch and learn. Nidorino, Sludge Bomb!”

Nidorino splashed sludge all over Exeggutor, doing damage and also poisoning it.

“This isn’t going to work. Raikou, come back! Go, Snorlax!”

Anabel voluntarily withdrew Raikou and sent out Snorlax.

“Exeggutor, use Psychic again!”

Exeggutor complied and used Psychic to KO Nidorino.

“You might be right about Boss, Punte. Return, Nidorino! Go, Nidoking!”

Kapp replaced his Nidorino with Nidoking, which the P*DA signalled as another Shadow.

“Nidoqueen, Shadow Rush!”

Nidoqueen damaged Exeggutor by tackling it.

“Snorlax, Body Slam!”

Snorlax jumped and crushed itself into Nidoking, doing heavy damage.

“Exeggutor, Stun Spore!”

Exeggutor shook spores about. When they hit Nidoking, they clung and made it immobile.

“Nidoqueen, another Shadow Rush!”

Nidoqueen’s attack went exactly as it did the first time, except Snorlax was the target this time.

“Nidoking, try a Shadow Blitz!”

Nidoking tried to attack, but the spores clinging to its body made it unable to do so.

“Is this how it’s done? I throw the Snag Ball now? Alright. Snag Ball, go!”

Anabel threw a Snag Ball at Nidoking, quickly capturing it.

“That’s nice......”

“No! The boss is gonna chew me out good for this!”

“Cool it, Kapp!”

“Exeggutor, Stun Spore the Nidoqueen now!”

Exeggutor launched the spores at Nidoqueen, and succeeded in restraining it.

“Argh! Nidoqueen, Shadow End!”

Nidoqueen brutally smashed into Exeggutor, knocking it out and doing heavy backlash damage to itself.

“Exeggutor, come back!”

“Ashley, wait. Don’t even bother sending out anything. Even if the Snag Ball fails this time, I can handle this myself.”

“Go ahead, Anabel.”

“Snag Ball, go!”

Anabel threw a second Snag Ball, this time at Nidoqueen. Like before, it snatched away the Shadow Pokémon with little effort.

“That was rather simple.....”

“Yaaahh!!! Boss is going to take out both of us now!”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“What do we do now?”

“What else can we do, Punte?! Run away!!!”

The two Peons dashed past the three heroes and climbed up the pipe to escape.

“Well, that was quite easy. Where do we head to now?”

“I bet we should follow where Rich went and see what we find.”

“I—I guess. Come on, Ashley, Steven, let’s get moving.

The group walked to the door that Rich had escaped through and opened it. Behind it was a large chamber with metal floors and walls, mostly empty.

“Is this place empty?” Ashley wondered.

“Ugh....no....” Steven pointed out in shock. “LOOK!!!!”

A person lie face-down on the floor. On closer inspection, it was another Rich. This one had the cap, and his clothes appeared burnt and torn.

“Is....is this one a fake or real?” Ashley asked.

“I don’t know. Let me look.....”

Anabel walked over to the Rich and looked him over. After a moment, she found a CD case in his pocket and held it up.

“It’s.....it’s him. How many people do you know that carry around the soundtrack of “ABBA Saves Thanksgiving” with them when they travel?”

“Not many,” Steven agreed. “But that would mean...he really is......”

“Noooooooooooo!!!!!” Anabel screamed. “RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCHHH!!!!!!”

Anabel put her face down on his head and began crying. Steven and Ashley looked at each other in sadness, then Ashley suddenly got an idea.

“Hey, Anabel....I know it’s crazy, but that CD just might be helpful here......”

“Sniff.....you know, you may be right. Give me a CD player.” Steven handed Anabel his CD player. “I hope this works.....please, work........”

She put the CD in the player and tapped some buttons. A song began to play......

You seem so far away though you are standing near
    You made me feel alive, but something died I fear
    I really tried to make it out
    I wish I understood
    What happened to our love, it used to be so good

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me, SOS?
    The love you gave me, nothing else can save me, SOS
    When you're gone
    How can I even try to go on?
    When you're gone
    Though I try how can I carry on?

A tear dropped from Anabel’s eye when she heard the words, but then.........

“Grruggh......ugh.....my aching.......Anabel?!?!?”

Rich rolled over and sat up, injured but alive!

“Rich!!!! You’re alive!!!!”

The two embraced, then Steven and Ashley rushed over as well.

“Well, now I’ve seen it all,” Steven commented. “Welcome back.”

“I second that,” Ashley added. “But wait---where are your Pokémon? Did those thugs steal them?”

“Heheheh......you should know me better. I’ve always got a trick up my sleeve.”

Rich motioned for Anabel to lean over, which she did. He then opened a secret compartment on the Snag Machine, reached in, and took out six Poké Balls. When he threw them, his Milotic, Ludicolo, Alakazam, Salamence, Tyranitar, and Lugia appeared.

“Like that? I slipped ‘em in before I gave the machine to Anabel.”

An elevator a few feet away came down, and the first Rich stepped out.

“Anabel, how can you distrust me so? I told you, I’m the real one!”

“Nonsense. You’re the fake, he’s real. How else would he know that his Pokémon were there?”

“They made me tell him that I put them there.”

”Shut up! I’m the real one, period! Let’s fight!” Rich #2 recalled his Pokémon and tried to stand, but couldn’t.

“Rich, you’d better stay still for now or you’ll get hurt more.”

“Alright, Anabel.......”

“There’s only one way to determine who’s telling the truth,” Rich #1 said. “Anabel, ask me any question about myself. I guarantee I’ll get it right.”

“Alright. Hmmm.......OK. What was the very first Pokémon you got, and where did you get it?”

“Easy. Sootopolis City, and it was a Torchic. That’s why I had a Blaziken.”

“HA! WRONG!!” Rich #2, the real one, shouted. “It was a Feebas I got in Phenac City! You dirty impostor!”

“Humph. It’s far too late now for that to help you, anyway. You can’t get off this island! Even if you defeat me, Chief Noland will crush your sorry hides! Battle time!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Tower Maiden Anabel ---vs.--- Shady Guy Rich

“I gotta say, I like being you, Rich. After I beat her down, I can go run around and everyone will hail me because I’m you! Ahahaha!! Manectric and Fearow, go!”

“You aren’t going to get away with it! Alakazam and Quagsire, go!” Anabel sent out her Alakazam and Quagsire. “Alakazam, Ice Punch!”

Using its psychic power, Alakazam levitated and flew towards Fearow. Its fists became icy orbs. When it delivered the blow, Fearow took a critical hit and fainted.

"Ahahaha, not half bad. Perhaps I underestimated you a bit. Return, Fearow! Go, Snorlax! Manectric, use Swagger!"

Manectric looked right at Quagsire and howled. Quagsire grew angry and glowed red, but then it ate a Lum Berry to heal itself.

"Take advantage of it, Quagsire. Brick Break!"

Quagsire slid forward and punched Shady Rich's Snorlax powerfully.

"I will dazzle you with elegant power! Snorlax----"

"That's my stuff, you miserable fake! Anabel, beat him down!"

Who is the fake Rich? Can Anabel defeat him? At least the real Rich was found battered but alive. Stay tuned!

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Things are looking bad! Well, at least Rich is alive. Still one of the best fics I've read. KEEP IT UP!
    -

Good grief...
    Wil the PM: TTYD parallels never cease? Dooplis was an annoying guy, you know. This guy brings up bad memories.
    Back to the review, though. Another great chapter (or at least the start of it), though sudden endings in the middle of a battle are the kind of cliffhangers that keep me occupied for a while (questions like "Will this happen next? Or maybe this... If this happens, will this happen?" You get the point). Anyway, no apparent mistakes, and I've gotten used to the battle scenes in my minds eye (my point about the Colosseum/XD battle scenes was that it can occasionally get tedious. But that's probably me being overly critical). Great work, keep it up!
        Spoiler:

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Finally finished reading all of it. augh....lots of reading.
    10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This story is getting so good, I thought it was actually going to become a game. I wish it would....
    ...Yo.

Not much to say about me, except that I'm back after being gone for a long time, and no one knows who I am. xD

Hoping to get back into serebii forums, yayz

Wil the PM: TTYD parallels never cease? Dooplis was an annoying guy, you know. This guy brings up bad memories.
    Again, as with Shadow Queen this one's unintended. It was actually based on the Shady Guy who appears at the end of Colosseum with a Shadow Togetic, but it isn't Cipher Peon Fein this time around. It's actually someone who's appeared in earlier chapters----you won't find out for a while who it is, though.

though sudden endings in the middle of a battle are the kind of cliffhangers that keep me occupied for a while (questions like "Will this happen next? Or maybe this... If this happens, will this happen?" You get the point).
    I only put those when I don't have the time to finish the whole chapter and there's more left than can be edited into the previous post.

Athough, if you continue the Paper Mario ties, this will be the last chapter. ^^
    There's at least 10 chapters.

(my point about the Colosseum/XD battle scenes was that it can occasionally get tedious. But that's probably me being overly critical).
    No, I completely understand your point. It's just the way I write---I find I just can't emulate the anime's battles well so I do what I feel more comfortable with. I did try to fit in some anime-style stuff though, like how Salamence kept looping around to attack in the Lawrence battle.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Things are getting really good! For some reason, I don't like Ashley... I just don't like her. Is there more to her than meets the eye?
    Now I think I know who Queen Shadow is! I think that it is     Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Thats what I think right now. Keep up the good work!

기쁨 곱하기 슬픔 나누기
    웃음은 더하기 욕심은 빼기

Things are getting really good! For some reason, I don't like Ashley... I just don't like her. Is there more to her than meets the eye?
    I'll go as far as to say no to your question. When I initially wrote this, I felt it needed four main characters. If I could go back and redo it from scratch, I might have made her a recurring character similar to Jimmy instead of a co-star.

Spoiler:
    I'll confirm that it is *not* her. She's an Admin working with Noland. If I made her Queen Shadow, her fans would eat me alive. :P

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Back to the action..............I'm not going to rewrite all the battles in this chapter, because it is very long and would take me forever to redo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

"She's going to beat ME down? Ha! I laugh at you! Snorlax, Shadow Ball!"

Shady Rich's Snorlax stood up and formed a ball of dark energy between its hands. It then threw the lump of darkness at Alakazam, easily KO'ing it.

"Anabel!"

"Don't you worry, Rich. I'll win this. Return, Alakazam! Go, Scizor! Try a Steel Wing!"

Scizor leaned forward, sticking its wings straight up into the air. They began to glow with a metallic shine, then Scizor rushed forward and rolled into Shady Rich's Snorlax.

"Wow, I'm scared..." Shady Rich taunted. "Manectric, Thunder Wave!"

Manectric emitted a weak electric pulse from its body. These waves went into Scizor and paralyzed it.

"Scizor!"

As soon as Manectric's attack had ended, Anabel got Scizor's attention and threw a Cheri Berry to it. Scizor ate the berry quickly, healing its paralysis.

"Quagsire, Earthquake!"

Quagsire jumped up and crashed itself down, creating a powerful shock wave in the ground. Scizor took a blow, while both of Shady Rich's Pokémon fainted.

"What?! You dirty.......gah! Return, Manectric and Snorlax! Go, Houndoom and Milotic!"

"Scizor, Baton Pass!"

Scizor transformed into a Poké Ball, which then spun around and burst open, sending out Raikou.

"Houndoom! Flamethrower!"

Houndoom blew a stream of intense flames at Raikou.......but the legendary Pokémon put up a Protect shield before it made contact. The attack bounced harmlessly off the shield.

"Grrr.....you make me very angry! Milotic, Shadow Rush!"

Milotic didn't do the attack, however. Its eyes flashed red, and a red cloud surrounded it.

"Hyper Mode........I get the feeling I've seen someone do that before. Quagsire, Earthquake!"

Quagsire's quake attack knocked out Houndoom, hurt Milotic greatly, and bounced off Raikou's Protect.

"Houndoom, return! Milotic, Hyper Shadow Flood!"

The dark red cloud surrounded Milotic again as it twisted and coiled itself around, then the Shadow Pokémon took dead aim at its target........Anabel herself. Milotic blasted a gigantic jet of dark water from its mouth at her. She cringed, preparing to be hurt.......but then the real Rich jumped in the way and took the blow instead. He was thrown clear across the room and landed near the elevator Shady Rich had entered on.

"RICH!!!"

"Anabel, I'm alright! Just Snag that Milotic from him!"

"OK! Raikou, Thunder Wave!"

Raikou jolted Milotic weakly with a tiny electric bolt, paralyzing it.

"Now! Throw a Snag Ball!"

"Got it. Snag Ball, go!"

Anabel threw a Snag Ball at the Shadow Milotic.

After scooping it up, the ball rocked once.......

the ball rocked twice.........

the ball rocked three times, and pinged.

"Yes! I did it!"

"Hahahahah. So I've lost. I guess I underestimated you."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Whatever. Go ahead into the lab, I won’t stop you.”

“That’s it?”

“Yes, Ashley, it is. I lost, so as your reward, you may go inside the Shadow Research Institute through this elevator. I must advise you though: Chief Noland’s office is locked up good and tight with four passwords. To break the lock and fight him, you’ll have to seek out four scientists and defeat them to get the passwords. Can you do it? I think not! ‘Til we meet yet again, punks!”

Shady Rich teleported from the room.

“That was disturbing,” the real Rich comments. “I feel better now, so may I....?”

“Of course. Papa didn’t give the job to you for nothing.”

Rich stood up, and Anabel gave him back the Snag Machine. He put it on and stretched.

“Ahhhhh, feels good to stretch my bones after all of that and get back to work. You did a good job, Anabel.”

“Thank you.”

“Now let’s be on our way. We’ve got no time to waste!”

Complete once again, the full group stepped into the elevator to go up one floor. When it arrived on the ground floor and the four stepped out, they were in a room filled with mysterious liquid-filled tanks connecting to a huge machine in the room’s center. There appeared to be no one around, either.

“Hm?” Steven wondered aloud. “Nobody’s here.”

“I bet we can break into their computers here for useful knowledge,” Ashley suggested.

“Good idea.”

“Yes, Rich.......very good idea....” a voice seemed to say from somewhere.

“What?! Who was that?”

“I didn’t hear anything,” Anabel said. “Now, into the computers.”

“Uh, fine, I guess.....” Rich flustered.

Rich, Anabel, and Ashley went up to the computer on the central machine while Steven watched from behind a pipe for danger. Anabel tapped some keys on the computer, then the whole room roared to life.

“Whoa!!!!”

“Welcome to the Shadow Research Institute of New Island,” a voice on the computer said. “Here, we work to create powerful creatures with hearts of darkness called Shadow Pokémon.”

With that, a picture of a Munchlax appeared on the screen.

“Shadow Pokémon can be made in two ways: by sealing off the chambers of an existing Pokémon’s heart, as was done with this Munchlax for example.” The Munchlax disappeared and was replaced by a Regice. “The second method is to clone a new specimen using just a small amount of DNA, for example the Shadow Regice. We have found that the cloning method creates more powerful Shadow Pokémon, but it is also longer and more complicated.”

The Regice disappeared, then a picture of Ein appeared.

“Papa?!?!”

“Shadow Pokémon were innovated by Ein, a prominent Orre scientist. He created forty-eight for Cipher for testing during the first phase of our plan. In the second phase, the new Cipher led by Greevil used XD001 Shadow Lugia to hijack a cruise liner carrying many Pokémon, using 82 of them to further the first method known as ‘reverse purification.’ Over the next two years, the development of our ultimate plot was carried out in secrecy here. Ein abandoned the project early on however, so he was replaced by Noland.”

The image of Ein was switched for one of Noland.

“Noland has accelerated the process greatly. Recently, work was completed on the development of XD-02, Shadow Lugia’s descendant and possibly the most powerful creature ever to live on this earth. The DNA used to make it was found far in the south seas, a place called..........”

Suddenly, the message cut off and a scientist stormed into the room.

“What?! You’re on the blacklist from Headquarters!! Why did our guards let you in?”

“Anabel defeated them. Now, cough up the password and go away.”

“Ha, as if. You’re gonna have to work for it!”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Scientist Ringo
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go, Spinda and Linoone!”

Ringo sent out a Spinda and a Linoone.

“I’ll get that password. Tyranitar and Lugia, go!”

Rich, meanwhile, released his Lugia and Tyranitar.

“Rich, he’s got a Shadow Spinda!” Anabel informed him, back in her usual role.

“Thank you much. Lugia, start us off quick, alright? Aeroblast!”

Lugia charged up and fired an Aeroblast, quickly defeating Ringo’s Linoone.

“No! Linoone, come back! Go, Pikachu!” Ringo threw another Poké Ball and sent out a Pikachu. “Spinda, Shadow Panic!”

Spinda cast a dark cloud that caused both Lugia and Tyranitar to become confused.

“Pikachu, Volt Tackle!”

Pikachu then charged itself up and tackled Lugia, doing heavy damage and also receiving some backlash damage to itself.

“Tyranitar, Dragon Claw!”

Tyranitar managed to overcome its confusion and slash Spinda.

“Psychic, Lugia!”

Lugia tried to attack Pikachu, but its blast missed, hit the floor, and reflected back into it.

”Hahah, I knew I had a good strategy. Spinda, Shadow Crush!”

Spinda charged into Lugia, defeating it.

“Ugh! Gotta give you credit though, that was good. Lugia, return! Go, Salamence!”

Rich threw a Poké Ball to send out Salamence.

“Pikachu, Volt Tackle again!”

Pikachu charged Salamence again, causing damage and receiving backlash.

“Salamence, Flamethrower!”

Salamence defeated Pikachu by blowing fire at it.

“Pikachu, return! Spinda, Shadow Blitz!”

Spinda ran and tackled Salamence, doing a bit of damage.

“This is it! Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball, snatching Spinda away from Ringo.

“Feh......Chief’s gonna cut my paycheck now.”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Fine, you can have the password. It’s “Tropius twist.” But that doesn’t help you at all, really. In order to break the lock, you’re gonna have to put the four passwords in the right order, which you’ll NEVER figure out! But for now, just go through and face more challenges.”

Ringo stepped aside to allow Rich’s party through his door.

“Uh, thanks, I guess.”

They went through the door into the next room. This one was totally empty, except for giant gears rotating off to the side, a locked door, and a catwalk far above.

“Great,” Ashley complained. “What do we do now?”

“Hmmm.....” Steven looked around, then spotted a sign on the rail next to the gears. “Look at that sign. ‘Air Conditioning System: Do Not Touch.’ Well, I have a feeling we’re going to have to touch them.”

“What exactly do you propose?”

“Rich, the symbol on the door over there looks like a ‘Cooling Seal’ sign. That means, if we warm this place up, it’ll open. There’s a rail and a pool blocking us from the gears, but that’s why we have these.”

Steven sent out his Metagross and Claydol. Rich smirked, understanding, then released Alakazam. Anabel quickly followed suit with her own Alakazam, Ashley with Exeggutor.

“I get it,” Anabel realized. “Might it have to do with the fact that we have all these Psychic types?”

“Uh huh. What we’ll do is my Metagross and Claydol, they’ll combine their psychic powers with the powers of your Alakazams to pull a gear or two out of the chain, which’ll break the air conditioning system. The plant will warm up, and the lock on the door will open.

“Brilliant,” Rich acknowledged. “Let’s get to work.”

“Psychic!!!” all four called at once. The eyes of the Pokémon all glowed blue, and blue light surrounded and jammed the gears. The mechanism began to spark, then three gears fell out of their slots and into the water. All the gears after those three stopped.

“Air conditioning system failure detected,” another robotic PA voice said. “Initiate immidiate unjamming system fix.”

“Hahah, foolish,” Rich laughed. “An unjamming system won’t do them any good if there’s nothing to unjam in the first place. But why isn’t the door opening?”

“The cool air’s trapped in here. No vents. However, I’ve got an idea......Arcanine, go!”

Ashley sent out Arcanine, to Rich’s surprise.

“Why?”

“We can use Flamethrower on the door. The worst that could happen is that it catches fire, and you need to use your Water types to fix it.”

“I guess. Do it.”

“Arcanine, Flamethrower!!”

Arcanine blew fire on the door.

“Major temperature increase detected. Locking mechanism on first floor elevator room failing.”

Suddenly, an alarm sounded and the door fell off its track.

“Heh, that worked well.”

“Sure did, Ashley.”

All of them recalled their Pokémon, then went into the next room. Strangely, it was decorated in many different shades of red with burgundy curtains and Seviper statues all around. An elevator shaft was at the far end of the room, but the elevator itself was gone.

“Uggh,” Anabel groaned. “The elevator’s gone. This room seems kinda familiar though, but it still gives me the creeps.”

“I can understand,” Rich agreed. “We gotta figure a way out of here, and quick. This place is weird.....”

The elevator came down the shaft from the second floor, and a tall, creepy looking woman with long brown hair stepped out.

"Rich......I knew you would come here to our Shadow Research Institute...."

“Lucy?!?!” Anabel said in shock.

“Yes, yes.......of course, she is referring to the fact that I am Lucy, the former Pike Queen.......Noland and I have been tasked with watching this lab......we didn’t think you’d make it here.” Lucy taunted cooly, then she took a sip of wine from the glass she held.

“Just get out of the way!”

“Now, now, Rich........there isn’t any need for you to be so hasty about it. I’m not going to move anyway, and there really isn’t any chance of you knocking me out of the way........” She took another sip, then put down the glass and continued. “I battle and live in a classy way like you, as you can see.......”

“The wine I can understand, but I think this room’s décor is ugly.”

“You have no appreciation of good taste then..............your fate is now sealed. We shall battle......I will defeat you, and drag you and your friends into an endless pit of darkness and despair..............”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs. --- Shadow Admin Lucy

“I beseech you......keep me amused, at the least. Shuckle and Raticate...........”

Lucy calmly threw two Poké Balls, sending out a Shuckle and a Raticate.

“Oh, you’re going to get much, much more than that. Hopefully you find a loss amusing! Milotic and Tyranitar, go!”

Rich released his Tyranitar and Milotic.

“Yes, your struggling is quite fun to see........Raticate, Super Fang........”

Raticate viciously bit Tyranitar, cutting half its health.

“I’m not afraid of you! Milotic, show her a Hydro Pump---see if she finds that amusing!”

Milotic, angry at what had been done to Rich earlier, attacked Shuckle with an incredibly forceful blast of water. Shuckle fainted right away.

“Hah....not bad.......Shuckle, come back.........go, Onix........”

Lucy sent out an Onix next.

“Tyranitar, Hyper Beam!”

Tyranitar did severe damage to Raticate with a powerful beam attack.

“Onix, Iron Tail.........”

Lucy’s Onix smashed Tyranitar with its hard tail, doing heavy damage.

“Raticate, Hyper Fang attack.....”

Raticate chomped on Milotic, hurting it quite badly.

“Surf ‘em away, Milotic!”

Milotic lauched a wave of water that finished off Raticate and one-hit KO’d Onix.

“Hahah........good work......Onix and Raticate, return........Jynx and Seviper, go.....”

Lucy sent out her final pair, Jynx and Seviper.

“Rich, those are both Shadow Pokémon!”

“Well, aren’t you observant..........Seviper, Shadow Poison......”

Seviper finished off Tyranitar with a shot of dark slugde.

“Tyranitar, good work. Return! Go, Salamence!”

Rich replaced the fainted Tyranitar with Salamence.

“Milotic, Surf!”

Milotic attacked with another wave, doing mild damage to both of its opponents.

“I think I may need to take a risk here. Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Seviper. It scooped the snake up, fell, and began rocking.

The ball glowed red, indicating that it had been Snagged from Lucy.

“All right! There goes yet another Shadow!”

“Grr......now I am angry.......Jynx, Shadow Break.......”

Jynx jumped forward and punched Salamence, knocking it out because of the damage it had from the Ringo battle.

“Fine, it’s over anyway! Salamence, return! Go, Alakazam!” Rich sent out Alakazam quickly. “Alakazam, Thunder Wave!”

Alakazam weakly jolted and stunned Jynx.

“Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw another Snag Ball, this one at Jynx. Once again, the Snag was successful.

“Grrrrrrrrr.........you, you do not realize what you’ve done........”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go on up the elevator.........your fates are now in the hands of Noland, and he is nowhere near as forgiving as I am....”

Lucy spun around and teleported away. The Poké Balls held by all four heroes glowed, indicating that all the Pokémon had been restored.

“Looks like we got a free heal out of that,” Steven observed.

“Yeah,” Rich agreed, “it helps. We should press on, I think.”

The heroes stepped into the elevator and went up to the second floor..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up in Noland’s office on the top floor of the Institute, he was once again speaking with Parfrida over the com-link.

“I have bad news, Queen Shadow. It appears that Rich is still alive and has defeated Lucy.”

“This is unacceptable, Noland. You had better deal with him quick, I mean it.....”

“That isn’t all. I’ve tried for hours, but we cannot locate Nascour anywhere. It would appear that his tracker is broken.”

“What is going on with you idiots!??!!? He’s got the Element Plates!!! If he vanishes, we can’t finish our plan how we intended!! I mean, sure, we can still do everything we wanted, but having Ho-oh to Shadow it was ideal.”

“I apologize, your highness. I fear, however, that it’s too late. Rich is coming, and he may be going to Halfmoon Cove to find you very soon. We vastly underestimated what he could do.”

“Noland, this is a warning and you had better heed it. If you lose to Rich, and I have to get personally involved in fighting him, heads including yours will roll. Literally. Do you understand me?!”

“I do........”

“You better. I will not stand for our masterpiece being ruined so close to the end! More than your job is on the line now, Noland....DESTROY HIM!!!!!!!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The elevator arrived at the second floor and the heroes got off. This room appeared to be some sort of holding room for the Shadow Pokémon, with pens lining the walls. All of them were empty.

“I guess we’re too late,” Steven said. “All of the holding pens are empty. The Shadow Pokémon are gone!”

“Wait, wait.....another computer!” Ashley pointed to another computer console on the wall. “Think this one might have some information on it?”

“Let’s find out.”

Rich pressed the computer’s button, activating it.

“SHADOW RESEARCH INSTITUTE: CONSOLE TWO.

Our plan is coming along quite nicely. The Shadow Pokémon production quotas have been filled, including final adjustments to XD-02. To fully complete our plan however, designs have been drawn up for an ultimate super weapon called the Millenium Satellite. In order to use it properly, we have used the giant electromagnetic satellite dish atop Halfmoon Cove to pull the Millenium Comet out of its usual orbit and into the Earth’s skies 993 years too soon. This also appears to have caused catastrophic global weather shifts. We didn’t anticipate this, but since we were going to cause weather disasters anyway, it isn’t a problem. The Millenium Satellite is designed to drain power from the Millenium Comet and transfer it to XD-02, making the ultimate Shadow Pokémon all that more powerful. Not just any energy source could be used for this machine, so we sought out the strongest known one in the world-----“

Once again, the message cut off. This time, a general worker came in through the opposite door.

“Yo, what are are doing here?!”

“Shutting your factory down. You?”

“I’m just watching for this Rich dude who the chief was carrying on abou-----aacckk!!! It’s you!”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Worker Carlo

“I’ll shock you straight out of here! Go, Plusle and Minun!!”

Carlo sent out his only two Pokémon, Plusle and Minun.

“Eh? That’s it? This’ll be easy. Tyranitar and Salamence!”

Rich released his Tyranitar and Salamence.

“Rich, don’t get too cocky. Those are both Shadows, and when a Plusle is in battle alongside a Minun, they get much stronger.”

“Actually, that may be different here, since the Shadow attacks are weird and different than regular ones. But I digress. Tyranitar, Protect!”

Tyranitar shielded itself within a shell of green light.

“Plusle, Minun, give him a taste of your Double Shadow Bolt!”

In a surprising move, Plusle and Minun touched their tails together, causing a huge dark bolt to shoot out at Salamence for a lot of damage. A second bolt went towards Tyranitar but was blocked by the shield.

“Hmmm. I guess they have more tricks than I thought.......Salamence, Earthquake!”

Salamence’s Earthquake attack severly injured Plusle and Minun, while Tyranitar sat shielded by Protect.

“Hah, worked better than I thought. Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball, capturing Plusle easily.

"NO! Shadow Bolt, Minun!"

Minun launched another Shadow Bolt at Tyranitar, but this move did very little.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw another Snag Ball, and quickly caught Minun.

"Shocking!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Well, well, that was sure fast. You want to go through, fine by me.”

Carlo stepped aside, and the four heroes went through his door. The next room appeared to be some kind of control room for the factory on the first floor. A scientist looked over his computers frantically.

“Oh no no no, this isn’t good! For some reason, the readings from the Shadow Machine are completely screwed up, and there’s word that Rich has broken into the lab.........”

“Oh, hi there.”

“What?!?! The rumors were true! I guess you beat Ringo down there?”

“Yeah, and he gave us his password. I think you should be giving us yours, too.”

“No way. But before we battle, I will give you another hint. Think carefully about the names of the people with the passwords to figure out the order to put them in. Now, we fight!”

Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Scientist Paul

“Porygon and Beldum, go!”

Paul sent out a Porygon and a Beldum.

“What’s going on? Why are these fights so easy? Salamence and Lugia, go!”

Rich used Salamence once again along with Lugia.

“Lugia, Psychic!” Lugia used its psychic power to damage Porygon greatly. “Salamence, Earthquake!”

Salamence caused a quake that knocked out Porygon and Beldum, but was dodged by Lugia.

“Awwwww.........none of this will do at all. Porygon, Beldum, come back. Go, Pidgeot!”

Paul recalled his Porygon and Beldum, replacing them with a Pidgeot.

“Rich, there’s a Shadow!”

“Pidgeot, Shadow Rush!”

Pidgeot glowed with the dark cloud and tackled Lugia for a bit of damage.

“Lugia, use Swift!”

Lugia blasted Pidgeot with star-shaped rays that did a bit of damage.

“Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball, snatching Pidgeot from Paul.

“I feel like twisting around and shouting right now......”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Y’know, this really might be bad for us. You won though, so I’ll give you the second password. It is ‘Living Larvitar.’ Good luck!”

Paul fled the room.

“Let’s see....” Steven thought aloud. “We’ve got ‘Tropius twist’ and ‘Living Larvitar’ as the first two passwords.”

“But didn’t he say something about the names of the guys we got them from?” Ashley asked.

“He did,” Rich answered. “I’m not sure what it means, yet. Let’s keep going.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Harrison and Lennon, the last two scientists, dashed frantically into Noland’s office.

“Harrison? Lennon? What’s wrong with you two?”

“Sir, sir!” Lennon gasped. “We just saw---Rich has beaten Paul and has two of the passwords!”

“Are you kidding me? Queen Shadow is gonna have our heads---quite literally—if we screw it up now. You two shall fight him as a team now.”

“We will do our best, Chief,” Harrison replied.

“Fine, now go and defeat him!” Harrison and Lennon left the room. “Hmmmm......those grunts may not be up to this task, because that freak will probably team up with his girl and crush ‘em.......”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

The heroes stepped out of the elevator onto the third floor. This room was just a huge arena with a door on the far side. Harrison and Lennon stepped into the room from this door and stood on their side.

“Halt!” Harrison called.

“This is it for you, morons!” Lennon added.

“Try and stop us!” Rich responded.

“Fwahahah! I am Lennon, the ground boss of this lab, and he’s my sidekick Harrison.”

“This is where we tested the Shadow Pokémon in battle,” Harrison explained. “Master Noland has ordered us to stop you right here with our Shadows, and we will!”

“What’s in it for me? I mean.....”

“Yeah, you get the last two passwords if you beat us. But you have to fight both of us at once.”

“Fine! Anabel, let’s go!”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich and Tower Maiden Anabel
    ---vs.---
    Scientist Harrison and Scientist Lennon
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Go, Lickitung!” “Come on, Victreebel!”

Lennon and Harrison sent out a Lickitung and a Victreebel.

“Ah, Lickitung, the only living creature with a tongue longer than that of Gene Simmons. Lugia, go!” “Alakazam, go!”

Rich and Anabel, after having a good laugh, summoned Lugia and Alakazam. Rich’s P*DA signalled that both of these opponents were Shadows.

“Alakazam, Confusion!”

Anabel had Alakazam weakly attack Victreebel.

“Lugia, Ancientpower!”

Lugia glowed with rainbow colors, then tackled Lickitung for a strong attack.

“Victreebel, try a Shadow Storm!”

Victreebel formed a dark twister that hurt Lugia and Alakazam badly.

“Lickitung, Shadow Panic!”

Lickitung confused the two with a dark cloud.

“That wasn’t a very bright move on your part. Snag Ball, go!”

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Victreebel, Snagging it from Harrison.

"Oh no! Chief Noland was counting on us!"

"It's not over yet. Lickitung! Shadow Break!"

Lickitung focused, drawing shadow energy into its body. It then was surrounded by the shadowy cloud, and slammed into Lugia for a powerful hit.

"Anabel, you may have the honor."

"Thank you. Alakazam, Thunder Wave!"

Alakazam managed to overcome its confusion and send a weak jolt of electricity out to paralyze Lickitung.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Lickitung. It snatched up and sealed its target with much speed.

"Forget Chief Noland..........Queen Shadow's gonna kill us!"

“My password is “Bright Bagon,” Harrison said.

“And mine is ‘Early Espeon.’ Sayonara, suckers!”

Lennon and Harrison fled, then the party went out the door they came in from. The door led outside, back into the pouring rain. They arrived at the door of a large triangular building very quickly. The lock on the door had the four passwords, with buttons next to each one.

“Press these in a certain order........but what is it?” Rich wondered.

All four fell into deep thought.

“I’ve got it!” Anabel said suddenly. “Those four scientists had the same names as the Beatles! John, Paul, George, and Ringo. That means the order should be Lennon’s, Paul’s, Harrison’s, and Ringo’s. Put it in, Rich!”

Rich pressed the buttons next to the passwords in the suggested order. After a moment, the lock exploded and the door opened.

“Heh, clever guess.....”

They stepped through the door. Inside was an elevator, which took the four up to the chief’s office. Inside the large black and gold-painted room, observation monitors lined the walls while Noland sat behind his desk in the center.

“Hahahah, you’re here. I figured those scientists wouldn’t be able to stop you.”

“Noland! Where’s XD-02?!” Rich screamed as the four ran closer to the desk.

“You thought we’d just let you screw it up like that? Guess what, freaks---your fighting to get to me was in vain! XD-02 was finished and shipped off to Queen Shadow awhile ago!”

Noland stood up, and his desk and chair went down into compartments in the floor.

“But, since you’ve bothered to come visit me, I guess we’ll be fighting each other. Whatever, I don’t care. All the Shadow Pokémon have been finished and shipped away already, so nothing’s left here. All I know is, I have to take you down or Queen Shadow’s gonna take me out!”

“One thing though. Where did you get all the Shadow Pokémon from?”

“Heh, quite simple. They came from the Battle Factory’s stock, which Lawrence had given me from his collection for testing and training.”

“You didn’t!” Anabel shouted in anger. “So the Battle Factory was just a front for the organization?!”

“Not only was the Factory a front for us, the whole Battle Frontier was. All the money we made there was used to build up our plan."

"But then, why did Adio need to knock me out of the Larousse Tower to make money?"

"Do you realize how expensive our plan was? Just building this facility here now took a year of Frontier profits to do. Now, enough talk. Take all your knowledge into this battle, and bring it on!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Pkmn Trainer Rich ---vs.--- Shadow Chief Noland

"Let's kick it off with Magmar and Porygon2!"

"I'm going to shut this dump down once and for all! Salamence, Milotic, come on out!"

"Rich, he's using a Shadow Porygon2!"

"Thank you, Anabel. Salamence, Dragon Claw!"

Salamence breathed fire onto its claws, then lunged at Porygon2 and slashed it powerfully.

"Milotic, Ice Beam!"

Milotic hit Porygon2 with a large beam of ice the moment after Salamence backed away. Porygon2 had already been weakened greatly.

"Now it's my turn. Magmar, Thunderpunch!"

Magmar's fists crackled with electricity, then it delivered a powerful blow right to Milotic's face.

"Porygon2, Shadow Sky!"

Porygon2 absorbed shadow energy into its body, then looked up and shot out a burst of black light into the upper reaches of the room. When it hit the ceiling, the aura spread over the entire room. Right away, bursts of light rained down from the shadowy aura, damaging all the non-Shadows: Magmar, Milotic, and Salamence.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at the Porygon2. It tried to deflect the ball with blasts of shadow energy left over from its Shadow Sky attack, but failed and was scooped up. With rather quick speed it was sealed away.

"So you Snagged one. Big deal. Go, Perappu!"

Out of Noland's next Poké Ball came an unfamiliar creature, one that resembled a brightly colored parrot.

"What's that?!"

"I don't know, Rich, but it's a Shadow Pokémon!"

"OK......Milotic, Surf!"

Milotic formed a giant wave of water and crashed it down on Noland's team, knocking out Magmar and doing some damage to Perappu.

"Two down........this is a bit troubling......return, Magmar! Go, Buizeru!"

Another unfamiliar creature appeared, this one resembling a small brown weasel with a propellor-like tail.

"I don't recognize that either!"

"Neither do I. It's another Shadow though!"

"Perappu, Shadow Rush!"

Perappu shrouded itself in the shadow aura and flew forward quickly, smashing into Salamence for a strong hit. Bursts of light rained from the shadowy aura over the room and hit Salamence and Milotic.

"Salamence, Flamethrower!"

Salamence blew powerful flames at Perappu, weakening it greatly.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Perappu. Even though he still didn't know what it exactly was, he managed to capture it from Noland.

"P-Perappu!! Now you're going to pay! Go, Mr. Mime! Buizeru, Shadow Half!"

Buizeru sent waves of shadow energy from its body all over the room. It manipulated them to create energy blades, then attacked itself and all other Pokémon in the battle with them. More bursts of light rained down, this time hitting Mr. Mime, Salamence, and Milotic.

"Salamence, Crunch!"

Salamence rushed forward with fangs bared and crunched on Mr. Mime, taking a large chunk of its remaining health away.

"Milotic, Surf!"

Milotic created another huge wave and crashed it down on Noland's team. Buizeru barely hung on, but Mr. Mime fainted.

"This isn't going well for me at all. Return, Mr. Mime! Go, Alumineon!"

"An Alumineon!?!"

"How did you get that?! My father was the only one who knew its DNA design...."

"Well, little lady, your father also left all his old files here when he fled. Don't even waste your time scanning it. This one's a Shadow Pokémon---it's the one I made especially for myself."

All the while, Buizeru was half asleep, tired from using Shadow Half.

"Rich! Snag that Buizeru!"

"As you wish. Snag Ball, go!"

As if Rich were controlling it telepathically, the ball grabbed Buizeru and sealed it away in less than thirty seconds.

"Down to just Alumineon now, I see."

"Grrr...it isn't over! Alumineon, Shadow End!"

Alumineon absorbed shadow energy into its body, began glowing, and finished off Salamence with a powerful tackle. It also took high backlash from the attack.

"Salamence, return! Go, Lugia!"

Rich sent out Lugia, and the bursts of light rained down yet again. They hit Lugia and Milotic.

"Lugia, Aeroblast!"

Lugia focused and sent out a vacuumed air blast. Alumineon resisted it, but still took some damage.

"Snag Ball, go!"

Rich threw a Snag Ball at Alumineon, but it escaped after two tilts.

"Alumineon, Shadow Break this time!"

Alumineon drew more shadow energy into its body, then surrounded itself with the shadow aura and tackled Lugia powerfully. The bursts of light came down once again, damaging Lugia and Milotic.

"Lugia, Thunder Wave!"

Lugia weakly jolted Alumineon with electricity, paralyzing it.

"Snag Ball, go!"

This Snag Ball grabbed Alumineon......

.....rocked once.........

,,,,,,rocked twice.........

....three times, and pinged.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! My Shadow Pokémon! My beloved Shadow Pokémon!"

"That's it, Rich! I've been chomping at the bit to take you out ever since you defeated Tucker, and now I have my chance!"

Suddenly and out of nowhere, Victoria appeared in the room.

"Hi Rich! It's sure been a while!"

Rich looked around, and finally spotted Victoria.

"Victoria, from the Larousse Museum?"

"The one and only."

"It has been a while. Why are you here, though? Did they kidnap you, too?"

"Fufufu. You haven't solved it by now, Rich? Why do you think Noland is so quiet in my presence?"

"I don't understand.....what's going on?" Anabel wondered.

"I suspected you wouldn't understand. Ein and Venus sure didn't either.....fufufu......"

"What do you mean?! What's happened to my parents?"

"Oh, Anabel, you, your friend Rich, and the other two are so naive. At times I am known as Victoria, the affable, knowledgeable head of Larousse's Museum. But that's just a cover, for I am..........."

Victoria threw her walking stick into the air and ripped off her traditional business suit. Underneath, she was dressed in a virgin-white, flowing gown that gave her a strangely menacing air. She caught the walking stick as soon as it reappeared.

"My name is Parfrida. I am the leader of Enigma Shadow. You shall call me Queen Shadow."

"YOU!!!!!"

Rich ran at Parfrida to tackle her, but he went right through her and fell to the ground.

“Fwohohoho!! Foolish boy, I am not really here right now---it’s a hologram! I must concur with Noland, however......you have indeed earned the respect of all of us within the Enigma Shadow organization for your skill as a trainer. However, as a person, I find you absolutely despicable for what you did to us in Orre, Larousse, and now in the Metalico Islands as well.”

“Wh-what do you want, Victoria?” Anabel stumbled.

“I told you, my real name is Parfrida! Things were just so close to turn out perfectly for us, but then you fools had to get mixed up in it. You’re all just nuisances, since we’ve finished just about everything we planned anyway. I was in a position, as the museum’s curator, where I had access to everything I needed to execute our plan for world domination. I could have destroyed Ein, Venus, Jamie, and every other fool in the Battle Tower right away, but I decided to play it cautiously. None of that matters now. Since you have defeated all of my best underlings during your acts of treason, Rich, I have no choice but to level a challenge to you one on one. Come to our base, Halfmoon Cove. It is southeast of New Island, and you’ll know it by the huge spherical building at its peak. I’ll be waiting for you.”

With that, Parfrida vanished.

“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......” Noland worried. “She’s going to kill me for losing to you.......”

An alarm began to sound, and the lab began to shake.

“What’s happening?!” Ashley shouted.

“I-I......” Noland ran over to one of the observation monitors. “The lab’s machines are overheating because you freaks broke the air conditioning system!!! The whole island is about to explode!!”

While the heroes recoiled in shock, Noland ran out through a door on the opposite side of the room.

“Chase him!!” Rich called.

They all ran down the hall, down a flight of stairs, and pursued Noland down a long corridor. The corridor led to the outside of the island, and as soon as Noland got outside he stopped.

“Hold it, freaks! Gotta give you credit for chasing me, but you’re gonna blow up real good with the rest of our lab!”

Noland pressed a button on the outside wall, activating a transparent iron shield that locked the heroes in the Institute. Noland stuck his tongue at them, then jumped into a huge helicopter with Lucy and the researchers, and flew away.

“No.........this....this is the second time we’ve come to death’s door, and I think we’re gonna be going in now!” Anabel screamed as the island began to shake harder.

“Wait! I’ve got an idea!” Rich said quickly. “Please, don’t fail us now.........” He threw a Poké Ball and sent out Lugia. “Get on, just get on him! Trust me on this!”

“I trust you, Rich......” Anabel whispered as all four jumped onto Lugia’s back.

“Thank you. Now, Lugia, Aeroblast that wall away and get us out of here!”

Lugia nodded, then fired an Aeroblast that disintegrated the shield. It then glided out of the lab and flew out over the ocean. Just moments after the escape, the Shadow Research Institute exploded in a magnificent light display.

The final showdown is fast approaching. After a brief scare that Rich had turned back to the dark side, the true Rich battled Noland in his office atop New Island. After Noland’s fall, Victoria, the curator of Larousse City’s museum, revealed herself as the Queen Shadow Parfrida and challenged the heroes to fight her at their base on Halfmoon Cove. Noland escaped on a chopper and while our heroes nearly were destroyed in the Shadow Research Institute’s explosion, they got out as well. The biggest battle yet.....and XD-02, the ultimate Shadow Pokémon.....are soon to be at hand.....

END of CHAPTER EIGHT

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Whaaaaaaat? Victoria is Parfrida, that is quite amazing. Seems like the story is about to end, but something disturbes me, you said that the fic will be at least ten chapters, and It looks like it will be only nine, but who knows, or MAYBE Victoria isn't the real Parfrida (that sounds a bit dumb) Something that I would have liked is that the tag battle could be Rich and Steven, because just Rich and sometimes Anabel are fighting, while the others not.
    Very nice chapter indeed, can't wait for the next one!!!
    Danny Fentom is my cartoon bishie

I used to be yoshi00

Wow, really surprise that Victoria is the Shadow Queen! Anyways, good chapter. I liked how you introduced Buizeru and Perappu in this chapter. You could have introduced Tamanta also, but that is okay. I believed that the Shadow Queen's pokemon will be very strong. That's all I am going to say right now.

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Well, to me it doesn't seem so interesting. I found it rather boring in my opinion. The writing is good though and everything is described in detail.

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I welcome it thoroughly. But at least do one thing: say which parts you didn't like, whatever you found boring---if there's a specific part. Maybe it's just not the fic for you, I'd say that's a possibility. If there's something in particular you don't like about it, don't hesitate to tell me. I welcome it, in fact.

To the others: I was surprised at the number of you who guessed Victoria was Queen Shadow, I really was. I mean, she only had a small role in the very first chapter and no more. You guys figured it out, though, and I congratulate you for it. But don't think I'm done messing with you just yet.......heheheheh.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I welcome it thoroughly. But at least do one thing: say which parts you didn't like, whatever you found boring---if there's a specific part. Maybe it's just not the fic for you, I'd say that's a possibility. If there's something in particular you don't like about it, don't hesitate to tell me. I welcome it, in fact.

To the others: I was surprised at the number of you who guessed Victoria was Queen Shadow, I really was. I mean, she only had a small role in the very first chapter and no more. You guys figured it out, though, and I congratulate you for it. But don't think I'm done messing with you just yet.......heheheheh.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

well, i only realy read the beggining and the last chapters and some of the ones in between. Just doesn't seem interesting. Remember that the writing is still good.

*gasp
    Victoria? Its always the quiet ones...

“The wine I can understand, but I think this room’s décor is ugly.”
    Ouch. That stings. Lucy scares me with her calmness... Its just scary. How does she teleport away like that?

“I’m just watching for this Rich dude who the chief was carrying on abou-----aacckk!!! It’s you!”
    That had me laughing so much!

So what did the other Frontier Brains do to Greta? Will she make an apperance in this fic?

Great chapter! I can't wait until they reach Halfmoon Cove!

기쁨 곱하기 슬픔 나누기
    웃음은 더하기 욕심은 빼기

Ouch. That stings. Lucy scares me with her calmness... Its just scary. How does she teleport away like that?
    I came up with this about halfway through. All the admins and higher ranking members of Enigma Shadow have teleportation devices kept somewhere on their person. This way they can escape quickly from danger and without having to simply run away.

That had me laughing so much!
    Thanks. I've got a Jimmy line saved up for a later chapter you'll really like.

So what did the other Frontier Brains do to Greta? Will she make an apperance in this fic?
    She'll be making an appearance at the end of the next chapter, and likely some more after that.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I KNEW IT! Oh yeah, uh huh, oh yeah, uh huh. Still love the fic, and I need to say . . . I KNEW IT.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    She'll be making an appearance at the end of the next chapter, and likely some more after that.
    Ahhh, so she isn't dead! Anyway, I just read this entire fic, and love it! I cannot find many flaws, and the ones that there are, are minor. Good job, and keep up the good work.
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

Sorry the review's so late...

Another great chapter! Victoria's reference was very obscure, and kept hidden away until she came up again in this chapter. Wonderful method of "dropping" a character, then bringing her back as Queen Shadow herself! I applaud your genius. Hey, look, Dark Lugia's here!

Lucy was very well done, as was Noland. I really like the interaction between the minor people and the heroes. That worker scene was hilarious:

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler

Someone already said this, I know, but I found it funny too.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if all of the admins, etc. have the teleportation things, why didn't Noland use his?

Awaiting the next chapter with great anticipation...

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if all of the admins, etc. have the teleportation things, why didn't Noland use his?
    I thought of that. They're really only good for short-range teleporting, and the distance Noland had to run was a wee bit longer than that, making it not worth the time to use. Basically it's an emergency escape option to get a small distance away fairly quickly. And besides, he still had Lucy and the scientists to look after. (I was trying to imply a Noland+Lucy ship of sorts by them working together, but it's not a main subject)

Lugia doesn't look exactly like XD001 did, actually. It does have the same coloring, but blue eyes (not red) and its feet, beak, and eye-blades are those of a regular non-Shadow Lugia.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast