Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow

Time to finish it up. Here's the Epilogue.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE: And Peace At Last

A few weeks have passed since Maria was defeated by Rich. For the location of their wedding, Rich and Anabel chose a chapel nestled in a beautiful corner of Sootopolis City. That is where we rejoin the story.

The chapel was in a lightly-populated section of Sootopolis. It was a venerable old building, old but still beautiful with its wood structure and tall bell tower. Out in front of it was a large lake that connected to the famous Sootopolis lagoon. Waiting in front were Steven, Ashley and Jimmy along with Rich's twin brother Wallace and their teacher, an older mustached man named Juan. All were dressed in formal wear.

"Ah, I grow tired of waiting...." Juan said. "I wish they'd hurry it up."

"Be patient," Steven responded. "We haven't anywhere to go even if we did leave."

"He's always been like that," Wallace whispered to Steven. "When Rich and I studied with him, he'd always chew Rich out if he was late to a lesson."

"What did you just say?!"

"Uh, nothing! Nothing, teacher, Mr. Juan, teacher!"

"I thought so." Juan was smug.

"So anyway....." Ashley broke the awkward silence. "What were the plans for the reception again?"

"Miror B. went to prepare them," Jimmy answered. "He's supposed to be arrangin' a disco dance party for us down at the Sootopolis branch of Club Sugar. Finally, I'm gonna get to show ya all my brilliant dance steps!"

The heavy wooden doors of the chapel opened. Ein and Venus, also formally dressed, came out first. They were followed by Rich and Anabel, the former in a blue tuxedo and the latter in a white wedding dress. They were accompanied by legendary Pokémon---Jirachi on Rich's shoulder, Celebi on Anabel's.

"It's done," Rich announced proudly. "I now introduce you to....Anabel Linda Mistbloom!!"

There were several handshakes among the group, then Jirachi and Celebi floated off into the air and faced them.

"It's time now.......Celebi and I must be leaving."

"Cele bii bii."

"Thank you, Jirachi," Anabel said gratefully. "You and Celebi helped us greatly."

"Oh, and I almost forgot this."

Rich popped a Poké Ball off his belt and opened it. Lugia appeared in a flash of light and roared loudly.

"Lugia.....you go back home to Diamond Rock now, or whereever your home really is. Thank you for all your help, all of you. We could've never done it without you."

Lugia growled, then used its psychic powers to create a flute in the form of a seashell. It then floated the flute to Rich.

"What is this?"

Jirachi floated forth.

"It's a gift from Lugia. A shell flute.....if you ever need Lugia's aid again, just play it and Lugia will come to your help."

"Okay. Thank you, Lugia."

"Goodbye, Rich and Anabel. You two seem so happy together.....that makes me happy, too."

"Celebiiiiiiii.....!"

All three legendary Pokémon turned and flew away.

"Goodbye..........now, Rich, we've got a party to go to!"

Rich grinned.

"Indeed, this whole day will be rather fun. Let's go, everyone!"

And so thus ends our tale. Rich and Anabel are now married, and neither could be happier. As for the others......

Steven and Ashley have become two of Ein's closest aides at the Battle Tower lab, where he and Venus are purifying the Shadow Pokémon.

Miror B. is still the Tower Superstar and continues to dazzle audiences with his flamboyant outfits and dance steps.

Jimmy also still works at the Battle Tower, but he administrates the Battle Bingo and Battle Sim games now.

Prof. Ivy worked with Ein and Orre's Prof. Krane on an improved Purify Chamber to accelerate the purification process.

Bloomfield was elected governor of Sapphire Isle, taking the role of Supreme Chancellor from Lawrence.

Ron and the news team now work for the World News Network. Brick's still the weatherman, Champ the sports reporter, Brian the reporter in the field, and yes, they all are still staying classy.

Prof. Becker and Russ have won acclaim through the scientific community for their research on the ancient city of Diamondopia.

As for all the villains......Nascour had taken data from all of Enigma Shadow's computers secretly. With this data, all the highest ranking members of the organization and many of the peons have since been arrested.

This is the end of but one chapter in the story of the lives of Rich and Anabel, and all of the others. Their stories, like all others, will continue being written for years to come.

THE END

"Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow"
    A Butler Empire Films production
    in association with SPPf Fan Fiction

---Starring---

Wayne Grayson: Rich, Butler, Gorigan, adtl. voices
    Rachael Lillis: Anabel, Jamie, Jessie, adtl. voices
    Veronica Taylor: May, Ashley, Lucy
    Eric Stuart: Steven, Miror B., James, Brandon, adtl. voices
    Ben Stein: Ein
    Julie Bowen: Venus, Lovrina
    John Travolta: Jimmy
    Skip Lackey: Adio
    Christopher McDonald: Tucker, Snattle, adtl. voices
    Kayzie Rogers: Prof. Ivy
    Neil Stewart: Lawrence
    David Prowse: Dakim
    Rudy Guliani: Governor Bloomfield
    Christopher Lee: Spenser
    Will Ferrell: Ron Burgundy, adtl. voices
    Steve Carell: Brick, adtl. voices
    David Koechner: Champ
    Paul Rudd: Brian
    Fred Willard: Harken, adtl. voices
    Christina Applegate: Karen
    Ted Danson: Prof. Becker
    James Earl Jones: Nascour
    Tony Danza: Noland
    Diana Rigg: Victoria/Parfrida
    Megan Hollingshead: Dianne, adtl. voices
    Frida Lyngstad: Queen Shadow Maria

---Original Music---
    Nobuo Uematsu

---Featuring the Music of---
    Abba
    The Eagles
    Stephanie Mills
    The Bee Gees

---Special Thanks---
    Polar Records and Benny Andersson: Music
    Asylum Records: Music
    Serebii.net

2004-2006, Butler Empire Films

[----]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's a wrap!

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Well The great Bulter you sure know how to end a very great fic. Your writing is some of the best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by fireKP1
    Well The great Bulter you sure know how to end a very great fic. Your writing is some of the best I've ever seen.
    Hey, thanks! There's a lot of writing that's much better than mine though. Check out the one I linked in my sig---Misty's Miracle---if you want to see an example.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    Hey, thanks! There's a lot of writing that's much better than mine though. Check out the one I linked in my sig---Misty's Miracle---if you want to see an example.
    Yeah I've read it on fanfiction.net. Great piece of work.

Yeah. I can only wish I was as good as the author of Misty's Miracle.

And yay....I've finally made five stars in the rating.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Yay! Second person to review the ending! Anyways Great Butler, great work! Man, it is all over now! (Don't worry, there are still a few other fanfiction stories that I am reading also). What a great happy ending. Also, it's good to see Wallace and Juan! Funny how you put Juan as the teacher who hates people being late! Anyways, great work! Oh, one more thing, stay classy! (Gives you an icecream cake)

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

And thats a wrap! Good job, Butler.
    I liked Scizor before Scizor was cool.
    -

Yay! Second person to review the ending! Anyways Great Butler, great work! Man, it is all over now! (Don't worry, there are still a few other fanfiction stories that I am reading also).
    Yeah, it's going to take some time for me to get used to having this done. I'm a little sad that it has ended, I'll admit.

What a great happy ending.
    After that final battle (it was mind-blowing to me, and I WROTE it) a nice happy ending was quite in order.

Also, it's good to see Wallace and Juan! Funny how you put Juan as the teacher who hates people being late!
    Heh....since they were in Sootopolis at the end, I couldn't go without including Wallace and Juan. I never saw Juan's episodes so I just made up a personality for him.

Anyways, great work! Oh, one more thing, stay classy! (Gives you an icecream cake)
    *tries to stay classy, but snaps, grabs the ice cream cake, runs into a corner and inhales it ^_^*

And thats a wrap! Good job, Butler.
    Thank you again for sticking with me and my little labor of love here.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I just finished reading everything! This is really great, especially the epilouge. Where was Rayquaza during all of this though?
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Rekkuza Ryuu*~
    I just finished reading everything! This is really great, especially the epilouge. Where was Rayquaza during all of this though?
    I am glad you read and enjoyed it. Rayquaza I couldn't really work in. It's different than Groudon and Kyogre---those two change weather while Rayquaza returns all weather to normal.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I am glad you read and enjoyed it. Rayquaza I couldn't really work in. It's different than Groudon and Kyogre---those two change weather while Rayquaza returns all weather to normal.
    *sob* Oh well, that's okay! I guess it was flying through the ozone on the other side of the world throughout all this?
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

*wipes tears of joy from face*

I loved this fic, The Great Butler. I really did, and I'm really kinda sad that its over now. I always looked forward to the new Chapters/Chapter Parts. Oh well, sadness over! I'll try to read and review any of your newer fics, though, so can't wait for those!

Back to the topic of the fic, there were no problems that I could see. An absolutely flawless ending, and I'm glad it all worked out for Rich and Anabel. The ending made me all happy inside. Glad that the villains got what they deserved, and I had always wondered about Nascour after the Colosseum. He just didn't quite fit, despite his evil looks and all.

Summary: A fantastic fic, and I'm glad to see such a good ending to it.

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

*sob* Oh well, that's okay! I guess it was flying through the ozone on the other side of the world throughout all this?
    If that's your take on it, that's okay. I couldn't have brought Rayquaza in at the end or it would've stolen some of Ho-oh's thunder--I didn't want to do that since Ho-oh and the hunt for it took up much of the story.

*wipes tears of joy from face*
    Oh, now....you really thought it was that good? Thank you!

I loved this fic, The Great Butler. I really did, and I'm really kinda sad that its over now. I always looked forward to the new Chapters/Chapter Parts. Oh well, sadness over!
    Yes, no need for sadness here! I'm glad you liked it, and I will surely stick with your fic like you did mine.

Back to the topic of the fic, there were no problems that I could see. An absolutely flawless ending, and I'm glad it all worked out for Rich and Anabel. The ending made me all happy inside.
    Do you think Sootopolis was a good setting for the Epilogue though, considering it didn't appear at all in the main story (and it was mentioned Rich was born in Phenac City)?

I enjoyed the ending too. You see, even though I wrote it I'm still able to read and enjoy it as if it was someone else's.

Glad that the villains got what they deserved,
    Me too.

and I had always wondered about Nascour after the Colosseum. He just didn't quite fit, despite his evil looks and all.
    That's another thing. If I find I like a character a lot but think they were put in wrong, I'll go ahead and change it. Note how Miror B., Ein, Venus and Nascour were good in this story, while five of the Frontier Brains and one Elite Four member (Karen) were evil.

Though now that I think about it, a lot of the Frontier Brains almost act like villains already.......except for Anabel and Greta.

Summary: A fantastic fic, and I'm glad to see such a good ending to it.
    And I am very pleased that so many of you liked it.

[gives out lots of Butler Empire cake to all the reviewers]

Jumping back for a second......

I'll try to read and review any of your newer fics, though, so can't wait for those!
    I'd love to do a sequel to Enigma Shadow. In fact, I already did---but it was so different from the original and leaned so far into 'generic OT fic' territory that I've decided to scrap it and develop a sequel from scratch. Perhaps some of what I already did will get in, perhaps not. I just don't want to go ahead with anything until I've got something I'm very confident in.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I'd love to do a sequel to Enigma Shadow. In fact, I already did---but it was so different from the original and leaned so far into 'generic OT fic' territory that I've decided to scrap it and develop a sequel from scratch. Perhaps some of what I already did will get in, perhaps not. I just don't want to go ahead with anything until I've got something I'm very confident in.
    A sequel would be cool! I can't wait for that!

I can't believe a great fic like this was finished in less than 15 chapters though...

Like Rekkuza Ryuu said, a sequel would be cool. Maybe one day Butler you can give us an info of how the sequel will be like? If you decided to do that, then maybe if there are enough responses on the people wanting a sequel for this story then maybe you will go ahead with it? Sorry for rambling a little.

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Oh, don't worry at all, Bay. Rambling's just fine.

Right now I do have an idea for a possible sequel, but I need to fill my promise to help finish The Uprise of Cipher too, so it may take some time.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Of course it was that good! And I'm really, really glad that you are trying to write a sequel. Looking forward to it!

Also, if you're going to stick to my fic, make sure you're ready for a long one. I really don't know where I'll end it right now, but I'm happy with that (and I don't think people who read it mind too much either. But I could be wrong about that).

Villains are so fun to make. I don't know if you experienced this, but I really find myself tempted to write a whole bunch on one of mine, and at the same time I know I can't leave my readers in the dark about the other characters... oh well.

*takes cake and stores it in secret lair* Thanks for that, by the way!

Until we meet again...
    The Legacy Continues

A story of events in the world of Pokémon, long after Ash Ketchum has retired from the scene. His young child, determined to surpass even her father's incredible achievements, has a long and fantastic journey ahead of her... even as forces greater than any known before conspire to arrange their own ends behind the scenes.

Returning soon, revised and infinitely better than the original.

I plan on reading this fic since The Great Butler reviewed my fics, but why is this stickied o_0? [And to prevent this being SPAM, this will be the future home of my review]
    A Championship Battle
    FINISHED: Johto's top psychic trainer and the granddaughter of an Elite Four member go head to head for the Silver Cup championship. Features underused pokemon including Tropius, Slowking, and my personal favorite, Jynx

This story is too fleshed out and completed in my head for me not to finish it. I'm determined to finish my first real, fleshed out fiction. And I'll wait until it's done before posting it. Chapters 6/18.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567