Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 2015 News and Predictions

Default E3 2015 News and Predictions

20 DAYS AWAY

Here are the dates for the conferences (time for all not yet announced)
    June 14th (Sunday)
    Bethesda (7?pm PDT)

June 15th (Monday)
    Microsoft (12:30pm ET/9:30am PDT) -> EA (1pm PDT) -> Ubisoft (3pm PDT) -> Sony (6pm PDT)

June 16th (Tuesday)
    Nintendo (9am PDT) -> Square Enix (10pm PDT) -> PC (5pm-8pm PDT)

Clicky Clicky for an image of the time of event from different timezones

Announcements so far
    Rock Band 4 and Guitar Hero Live coming out this fall
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
    Disney Infinity 3.0
    Zelda U delayed, will be skipping E3
    Final Fantasy XV will have small presense, but will have a short trailer
    New Devil May Cry in development
    PS4 exclusive Bandai Namco game to be announced at E3
    Pokkén Tournament
    Street Fighter V
    Dissidia Final Fantasy (Arcades, PS4)
    Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate gameplay trailer coming soon
    Mirrors's Edge 2 due in Q1 2016, new Need for Speed this holiday
    No NX and Smart Device talk at E3
    Take-Two Interactive releasing new AAA title to be released by March 2016 (possible reveal at E3?)
    Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon coming out this winter

Rumors
    Gears of War remaster for Xbone rumor
    Paper Mario for Wii U?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Nintendo just revealed their E3 plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0

They're doing another Digital Event and Treehouse, and Mario Maker will be playable at Best Buy. They're also bringing back the Nintendo World Championships.
    Microsoft's Xbox@E3 plans

Playstation E3 Experience LIVE in Theaters coming back this year
    Last edited by Void Ventus; Today at 11:50 AM.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

I hope to see some sort of KH3 trailer from Square.

I don't expect much from EA, Microsoft or Ubisoft but we'll see.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Literally nothing to write in sig

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

I think it's sad that, of these announcements, Tony Hawk 5 is the one I'm most interested in.

I'm expecting a lot of grandstanding from most parties involved and relatively minimal content, with most people in my age bracket wildly over-hyping Nintendo's outputs. Also, I'm going to bet $15 that at least two important people from game companies will put their foot into their mouth over the course of the weekend.

I'll second that the only thing I care about in there is THPS5 mayyyyybe Star Ocean. But that's it.

The announcements that I listed were just a few things that has been revealed from late last year to now. Pretty sure I missed a few things too, like rumors of a Gears of War Anniversary. Project Beast (now known and released as Bloodborne) was leaked around this time last year, and there may or may not be another leak like it this year. If you don't like any of those announcements so far, E3 is just 5 weeks away.

I myself can't wait for the Battletoad game Phil Spencer has been hinting at. I don't have an Xbone, but I'd still like to see how they can revive and do justice to another Rare classic, as Killer Instinct's reception is pretty positive. As for Sony, Guerilla Games' robot dinosaur game looks interesting. Can't wait to see how it looks and plays like. And of course Fallout 4 finally revealed during Bethesda's conference.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

The only non-Nintendo game I want to be finally announced is... Mafia III. If the rumors these last few months are true, it will be finally announced this year.

Also, I don't believe they won't show Zelda U in E3. It's one of the Wii U's major games, we may at least get a gameplay trailer like the Skyward Sword back in E3 2010.

What I want to see is a new Wario-Land game for either 3DS or Wii U or a new Metroid. About time we get news from those two franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    The only non-Nintendo game I want to be finally announced is... Mafia III. If the rumors these last few months are true, it will be finally announced this year.

Also, I don't believe they won't show Zelda U in E3. It's one of the Wii U's major games, we may at least get a gameplay trailer like the Skyward Sword back in E3 2010.

What I want to see is a new Wario-Land game for either 3DS or Wii U or a new Metroid. About time we get news from those two franchises.
    Unfortunately, Nintendo already said Zelda won't be at E3. I doubt Nintendo would go back on their word. At least we'll get Star Fox. Would be nice to get a Metroid announcement too.
    Omega Ruby Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Unfortunately, Nintendo already said Zelda won't be at E3. I doubt Nintendo would go back on their word. At least we'll get Star Fox. Would be nice to get a Metroid announcement too.
    What I really want is some news on Kingdom Hearts III. I swear, I about had a heart attack with their announcement at the last E3.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I really would like to see a Metroid game revealed, possibly along with some sort of Smash 4 DLC announcement. and Pokemon Z

There really isn't much more I can think about for Nintendo related games besides an Animal Crossing for Wii U, which I honestly expect to be revealed next year, not this year. No doubt we'll be seeing some more Starfox Wii U, which is exciting.

I think it is possible that Mortal Kombat X could also have something to show off regarding their 3 remaining DLC characters (Predator, Tanya, Tremor) which would be nice to see (at least for me).

I am actually excited about Disney Infinity 3.0, I really only got 2.0 for the figurines and a game is a nice bonus for some really great figurines of Marvel, Disney, and Star Wars characters. I just hope they add some great Disney characters, the only ones from 2.0 that really appealed to me at all were the Big Hero 6 duo and Stitch.

Regarding the toy games, I am pretty sure there will be something about the next Skylanders game, yes, the game all wallets in the possession of a child's parent despises...
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar made by FairyWitch and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    DeviantArt
    "Sir, I bring the noise and the funk wherever I go."
    - Antoine Triplett (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Someone, somewhere is still hoping for The Last Guardian.
    Do you mean Golden Sun 4? Because that is also true.

Honestly out of the things we know Pokken is the only thing of interest and even then, I'm not too hyped right now since that's likely a long ways away regardless. I'll probably just wait and see what Nintendo shows off and maybe we'll get something new. Hopefully we'll see Roy/Ryu revealed here as well as a Lucas release date if we don't hear anything about it sooner.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon

Still feels too early to be talking about E3, but whatever.

I don't think Nintendo's E3 is going to be that great this year, there's a ton of 2015 games already announced and I think that's going to make up most of the lineup (additionally, Nintendo mentioned that this year is focused on 2015, so that supports the notion that they don't have a whole lot to show off). I mean we already have Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Devil's Third, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Fire Emblem If, and SMT X FE pegged for late 2015 and 2016, that's a lot of games already. Additionally, I think Nintendo's studios are beginning to shift to next gen, so the release schedule may be thinning at this point. I do think there's going to be enough that it doesn't feel like they have nothing to show, but I don't think it's going to be much new (maybe about 5 or 6 new announcements). As for what, I looked into some of Nintendo's studios to predict which ones might be ready to show something off and this is what I came up with:

3DS:
    Warioware
    Maybe Metroid

Wii U:
    Pokken
    Animal Crossing
    Next Level's game (Luigi's Mansion, Metroid, or a new or revived IP, not sure which)
    Mario sports game

I would love to see Metroid and Wario Land, I agree that those two are due for a new game, but IDK if they will. Metroid's future in particular seems a bit questionable, they were still in the planning stages for it last year so it may not end up releasing until 2016/2017 and in that case an announcement this year might be a tad premature.

Not sure about the others, I don't pay as much attention to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Ready for More on:
    Star Fox WiiU
    Yoshi Wooly world
    whatever Amibo plans there are

Hoping to hear :
    announcement of new Pokemon Mystery Dudgeon game
    More on Yookie-Layee

Speaking of non-game announcements, I think Nintendo is probably going to share details on their new loyalty program this year. Club Nintendo shuts down two weeks after E3, so the timing is right for them to start talking about its successor.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Do you mean Golden Sun 4? Because that is also true.
    That's not how you spell Shenmue 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    What I really want is some news on Kingdom Hearts III. I swear, I about had a heart attack with their announcement at the last E3.
    The last E3 it showed up in was back in E3 2013, not E3 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Still feels too early to be talking about E3, but whatever.
    It's now a week into May. The Project Beast leak last year happened around this time. We're bound to get more announcements and leaks from now to E3.

Also, 39 Days Left

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Actually, the only thing I think I'm hoping for right now is another Metroid, just so my favourite Nintendo franchise doesn't die. But I've been hoping that for a few years now and I have less hope each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    That's not how you spell Shenmue 3.

The last E3 it showed up in was back in E3 2013, not E3 2014.

It's now a week into May. The Project Beast leak last year happened around this time. We're bound to get more announcements and leaks from now to E3.

Also, 39 Days Left
    Oh whoa, you're right. Man, time flies....still hoping it'll be there XD

Okay, am I the only one worried about THPS5? It's being made by the same guys that made made Shred, Ride and Pro Skater HD. If that's not a red flag, apparently we will be able to "fire projectiles and find power-ups".

Call me a skeptic, but this does not bode well for the game in my opinion.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Oh whoa, you're right. Man, time flies....still hoping it'll be there XD
    Yeah, me too. KHIII did get a brand new trailer last year, but only in December at the KHII.5HDR launch at Disney World/Land in California. I don't think there's any leaked video of it, but there are a few notes from people who did attend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Okay, am I the only one worried about THPS5? It's being made by the same guys that made made Shred, Ride and Pro Skater HD. If that's not a red flag, apparently we will be able to "fire projectiles and find power-ups".

Sometimes developers with bad track records (Rocksteady, Double Helix, etc) can go on to make good and even great games. But the bolded should have immediately turned off anyone. Weaponry and power-ups in what was described as a return to form of THPS1-4? Lol yeah, that's bad, and being wary of it is the smart decision.

Also, rumor has it Fallout 4 will be at Bethesda's conference, and will have a chunky presentation of 25-30 minutes. Will not be releasing this year.
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 8th May 2015 at 8:48 PM.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post

You've been able to do that since THPS4 anyway.
    Last edited by Jb; 8th May 2015 at 3:13 PM.

I wonder if Fire Emblem If will be there. Considering that they had a Nintendo Direct in April, maybe they'll release some new information.

And Void Ventus, thanks for the info! Now I need to go look for those notes XD lol

Anyone know if 2K will attend E3?

With the 3DS nearing the end of its lifespan, I think we might see Nintendo unveil its successor.

Given how well the Treehouse event worked out for Nintendo last year, I'm expecting Sony and Microsoft to try something similar.

Is the 3DS really at the end of it's lifespan? It just received the, albeit minor, New 3DS upgrade. And more than that, graphics/power were never issues for owners of the system in the first place, as evidenced by the clearly technologically superior vita on the market.

If they can release the quality of games they have been for it so far, I see no issues with the system running 2 more years without a successor being named, bare minimum this year alone. However depending on when Nintendo announces the NX(or whatever the Wii U's successor is), it might be smarter to announce the 3ds' sequel this year to avoid doubling up on hype material.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Anyone know if 2K will attend E3?
    You mean their parent company Take-2 Interactive? If so, definitely. They'll always show off the new annual 2K sport games. Maybe the next Red Dead will finally be announced, maybe not. Irrational Games are currently hiring probably for a new Bioshock, and who knows if they'll even bother to revive Duke Nukem again.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Is the 3DS really at the end of it's lifespan? It just received the, albeit minor, New 3DS upgrade. And more than that, graphics/power were never issues for owners of the system in the first place, as evidenced by the clearly technologically superior vita on the market.

If they can release the quality of games they have been for it so far, I see no issues with the system running 2 more years without a successor being named, bare minimum this year alone. However depending on when Nintendo announces the NX(or whatever the Wii U's successor is), it might be smarter to announce the 3ds' sequel this year to avoid doubling up on hype material.
    The graphically superior PS4 has outsold the Wii U by more than 2:1, and Xbone nearly 2:1 (PS4 so far has been the ONLY exception. Previous gens have always had the least powerful console sell the most). The 3DS just became 4 years old back in Feb (Japan)/March (US). Most gens typically go on for 5-6 years, but last gen just went a bit longer (X360 = 8 years, PS3 = 7, PSP = 7, DS = 7). If the 3DS was selling even as half as well as the DS, it could probably live two more years before a successor is announced (just like 3DS was announced in 2010, 6 years after the DS), but it's not. It doesn't seem like it might even pass the Gameboy Advanced's sales. If the 3DS' successor isn't announced this year, then next year will surely be the time. And I wouldn't worry about "doubling up on hype material". We all know all the hype will go to the 3DS successor. The Wii U also got a lot of hype, but it's currently sold less than the Vita.

And folks, 36 Days left.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast