Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sonic the hedgehog discussion

Default sonic the hedgehog discussion

this is a thread about discussing the infamous blue hedgehog GOTTA GO FAST and its good and bad games *cough* sonic the hedgehog 2006 *cough* sonic boom:rise of lyric*cough*

what's your favorite sonic the hedgehog game?
    sonic the hedgehog. the original. it feels superior to games of its time and the music rocks

what's your least favorite sonic game.
    sonic the hedgehog 2006. do I really need to say anything? the gameplay sucks, the story sucks, EVERYTHING SUCKS.

what's your favorite sonic character?
    sonic. nuff said.

do you think there's any hope for the series returning to its former glory?
    nope... I feel the series is dying. the game get worse and worse...
    Last edited by vanillite1; 11th July 2016 at 12:48 PM.

--><--
    Credit goes to american--pi
    claimed super mario, SSB3DS and grasswalk
    (I'm bored so feel free to VM me some questions!)

My most favorites are Seven Rings, Unleashed, and -- a little bit less -- Black Knight. Least favorite... I honestly don't know... Colors, perhaps? I played that one and it was a little underwhelming. Oh, wait, the one I played, I can't remember the name of, but it was a DS game and there were more echidnas than just Knuckles. Favorite characters are undeniably Blaze and Tails. No need for explanation. Last, but not least, I think there is almost no chance they could bring Sonic back to how he used to be unless they scrapped the character and rebuilt Sonic's -- and his friends' -- personalities.

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner!
    Check out my Youtube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgU...f_sLdWDogvoXzA #ShamelessSelf-Promotion.

The two Sonic Adventure games will always be my favorites. Especially with the Chao Garden!
    My favorite character is a tie between Sonic, Vector, Shadow, and Eggman.
    My least favorite game has to be either Sonic '06, or the Sonic Boom games.

Favorite: It has to be '06, the plot behind Silver and his growth through maturity is outstanding. If trying to play the game properly, the controls aren't that bad and the game in general is very easy. I like Adventure, Colors DS, and World as well.

Least: Generations is annoying because of the backtracking that's needed to be done, Adventure 2 sucked with the limited Sonic gameplay and overemphasis on Tails and Knuckles. Secret Rings is a pathetic game though, like '06 only with none of the positives.

Characters: As discussed above, Silver is amazing. Sonic and Shadow are great too.

Will it return to its former glory: Yes, if SEGA get their act together. Sonic Boom 2 was a terrible idea, and with this being "Sonic '16" there's no hope for a better game this year. It can certainly happen, though.

My favorite sonic game is sonic chaos for gamegear. I wish it would come out for the e shop )= I also like sonix generations for 3ds.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Favorite: My favorite games are The 2 Adventure games

Least Favorite: Sonic boom rise of Lyric

Favorite Characters: Sonic,Shadow,Rouge,Knuckles,Espio, and Tails

I want to have hope for Sonic but it isn't looking to good right now

Quote Originally Posted by Breeloom View Post
    Favorite: It has to be '06, the plot behind Silver and his growth through maturity is outstanding. If trying to play the game properly, the controls aren't that bad and the game in general is very easy. I like Adventure, Colors DS, and World as well.

Least: Generations is annoying because of the backtracking that's needed to be done, Adventure 2 sucked with the limited Sonic gameplay and overemphasis on Tails and Knuckles. Secret Rings is a pathetic game though, like '06 only with none of the positives.

Characters: As discussed above, Silver is amazing. Sonic and Shadow are great too.

Will it return to its former glory: Yes, if SEGA get their act together. Sonic Boom 2 was a terrible idea, and with this being "Sonic '16" there's no hope for a better game this year. It can certainly happen, though.
    You're not serious about any of this are you?

Especially the bit about Silver who is a total ripoff of Trunks and didn't have any growth. Playing 06 right means running to glitches. They find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    You're not serious about any of this are you?

Especially the bit about Silver who is a total ripoff of Trunks and didn't have any growth. Playing 06 right means running to glitches. They find you.
    I agree. Sonic 06 is the worst sonic game ever. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to complete the game without running in a bug or glitch at least once. Or ten times. Or twenty...

Honestly, I consider most sonic games inferior to the first 3 classics

--><--

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    I agree. Sonic 06 is the worst sonic game ever. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to complete the game without running in a bug or glitch at least once. Or ten times. Or twenty...
    Is it worse than SB: Rise of Lyric?

My favorite game will be a weird one, as Sonic Rush Adventure became a favorite of mine, while Sonic Generations is pretty close.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

One of my favorites of all time.

What's your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog game?
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut. I spent the most hours on these two games. They were wonderful and I'd still be playing them if the discs weren't played to the death. The good versus evil aspect was great and the storylines were well done. The chao garden was something I spent many hours on perfecting as well. I can still here the music playing.

What's your least favorite Sonic game?
    A Sonic game that I do not remember.

Whom is your favorite Sonic character?
    Tikal, her story always really intrigued me.

Do you think there's any hope for the series returning to its former glory?
    I think anything is possible, but it seems unlikely. I'd like it to though.
    Last edited by Lexya428; 13th July 2016 at 3:20 AM.
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

Legends Untold
    Science Division

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Is it worse than SB: Rise of Lyric?

My favorite game will be a weird one, as Sonic Rush Adventure became a favorite of mine, while Sonic Generations is pretty close.
    at least rise of lyric doesn't have a random human girl thrown in

--><--

Quote Originally Posted by Breeloom View Post

Actually my favourite is also 06 but I won't pretend it's for any specific reasons like this. I love 06 because of how absolutely trash it is, I love the glitches, I think it's ridiculous, and it makes me laugh more than anything else.

Honestly I'm shocked that after all the absolutely terrible games sonic has had people can still find reasons to defend him, I know he used to be great and the fan base will always defend him because of that but honestly... Sonic's jump to 3D was pretty not good. I think people forget how BAD adventure 1 & 2 actually are. Sure, the Sonic levels are fun but everyone else's levels are absolutely awful. Don't even get me started on the awful Knuckles and Tails stages for Adventure 2. I get it, people grew up with this game. I'm sure games that I grew up with and love have probably aged just as bad but if someone brought up a good point about them I'm sure I'd agree.

Rise of Lyric totally had potential too. I really enjoy the character designs and the game looks nice just everything else was done so poorly. I mean, at least the cartoon is pretty okay, right? Something good out of something that is completely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    at least rise of lyric doesn't have a random human girl thrown in
    Okay. Everyone loves Adventure but there's humans everywhere and the weird Maria maybe love interest for Shadow? That's fine though right? Because according to almost every review/Sonic Fan Adventure 2 is the best game ever.
    Last edited by shaymin_girl; 20th July 2016 at 4:48 AM.

My favorite Sonic game has to be Sonic Heroes. Objectively, Sonic Heroes was not the best Sonic game ever made, but it's the first real Sonic game that belongeg to me and I have a lot of attachment to it simply because I grew up with it and still play it today. I love how many characters there are and how each team is required to have all Speed/Fly/Power to get to the end of the level (with a few exceptions), how they all have a different stories and how it all comes together at the end and I love Metal Sonic's important role in the game. I also prefer the 'fast free roaming' playstyle of Heroes, Adventure and Adventure 2 over classic platforming or constant boosting.
    I also love Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors and Sonic 3.

My standards are quite low when it comes to game of franchises I love, so despite Sonic 2006 being recognized as a failure, I still quite enjoyed it and it is surprisingly not my least favorite game. I have not tried Sonic Boom yet (and I don't plan to), but from the looks of it, it is a very bad game. I'll have to go with Sonic and the Black Knight. I never really liked the controls and the overall story of Secret Rings and Black Knight, but I'll give Secret Rings a little bit more love because it reminded me more of a Sonic game. Black Knight had an original idea but the execution was poor... It's a very lackluster game.

Favorite Sonic character ? It's a tie between Blaze and Tails. I could not love these characters more than I already do. Shortly after them come Amy, Silver and Shade.

The series as the potential to come back. It has the initial popularity to bring it back on the right track. All it needs now is good titles. Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice has the potential to save the spin-off from integral failure. They've delayed its release date to work harder on it and the developers have even said they have learned from their mistakes with the previous titles. I don't expect Fire & Ice to be a groundbreaking title, but rather a nice addition that is neither hated or absolutely loved.
    I also heard there's going to be a title announcement very soon (friday, was it ?). I have high hopes for an interesting game.
    Last edited by Everlasting; 21st July 2016 at 5:52 PM.
    ❝I don't want to forget.❞

What's your favorite sonic background music?
    The final boss theme from sonic 2

what's your favorite sonic the hedgehog song?
    hoenstly I'm not really a fan of sonic the hedgehog songs
    Last edited by vanillite1; 20th July 2016 at 7:13 PM.

--><--

So at the 25th anniversary party tonight, they announced a new 2D game called Sonic Mania. There's a little bit of confusion as to whether or not this is the 25th anniversary game, but it doesn't seem to be, supposedly it's just a side project. Anyway, here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsfv0ac7GG8
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So at the 25th anniversary party tonight, they announced a new 2D game called Sonic Mania. There's a little bit of confusion as to whether or not this is the 25th anniversary game, but it doesn't seem to be, supposedly it's just a side project. Anyway, here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsfv0ac7GG8
    Also worth noting that this Sonic game is not developed by Sonic Team at all.

A teaser for Sonic Team's game was shown, but no name. It's releasing Holiday 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and NX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCh9--2xcKk

Seems like Generations 2 to me.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I was kinda let down by mania because it looked like a fine game but not what I wanted. But this sonic generations sequel game is EXACTLY what I wanted since generations is my favourite sonic game
    Check out my review of Pokemon Go feel free to let me know what you think!

Are you are a fan of video games? Obviously you are because you're on this forum. Anyway, if you want, check out my channel by clicking the image below!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nothingjustgo
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/nothingjustgo

Holy sh*t I dont think Ive ever seen a conference fall on it's *** this badly.

Games looked fine, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Holy sh*t I dont think Ive ever seen a conference fall on it's *** this badly.

Games looked fine, but damn.
    The presentation was definitely terrible, but the games look great so far.

Honestly, both of these games confuse me. I'm not normally one to care about graphics, but what is the point in making a game purposely have bad graphics? As for the other game, it seems really random to bring back Classic Sonic, especially when they specifically stated that this is not Generations 2.

I do have some hopes for the second game, as it looked like it actually had some story going on, unlike the past three Sonic games. The only disappointment about it so far is that it wasn't Adventure 3, but I fully admit that wasn't likely.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    Also worth noting that this Sonic game is not developed by Sonic Team at all.
    Outside of Sonic Genesis none of the ports and 2D games in the recent history were developed by Sonic Team, IIRC.

Anyways:

Sonic 2017:
    -Classic Sonic can dash, you can see it at the end of the trailer.
    -The robots look like a hybrid between the Death Egg Robot and Sonic Riders:Zero Gravity robots. So I'm guessing Classic and Modern Eggman are still working together.

Sonic Mania:
    -Holy **** other characters. I mean, sure, Whitehead's other ports have included them, but still, he is getting away with a lot at this point. Classic Amy when
    -Not sure how the drop dash mechanic will work. Then again, I just tend to spam spin dash and/or jump in classic Sonic titles.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Could care less about Mania since I have hated most of the 2D Sonics only enjoying Rush which could be argued to not be a 2D Sonic.

I wonder if Sonic 2017 is hitting NX or if it will skip it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerCami View Post
    Could care less about Mania since I have hated most of the 2D Sonics only enjoying Rush which could be argued to not be a 2D Sonic.

I wonder if Sonic 2017 is hitting NX or if it will skip it for some reason.
    It is indeed hitting NX in Holiday 2017. The NX logo was at the end of the trailer.

And yeah, while it seems like Generations 2, it's not a sequel at all. The director confirmed that.

So it's generations 2 but not generations 2?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

#teamRowlet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast