Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Plot - Old Lot! (450)

Haha, this episode is full of action and fun! And finally: Cacturne makes a new appearece, he did a good job this time. Its actually cool when Jessie controls cacturne. I feel sorry for ariados when he got burned by Combuskens flamethrower. But next episode, its banette his turne, it is been a long time...
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

I dont get how in the flashback (I think it should be), Harley looked young, and May did too. They looked the same age... Yet now, May is around 11ish (C'mon, she cant be 10 forever, cant she? So I'm guessing she's around 11), and Harley is what, 19? Did Harley just age faster or something?

The darker side of me.

Credit to Kevin of TNZ.

Bishie: Nanako... Not too interested that much to put a pic, but still, you can't have her. =D

^^;; I wonder how many more times that question is going to be asked in this thread?

The girl in Harley's flashback was not May. She was just somebody who looked a lot like her.

perhaps Harley was making the whole thing up.

it wouldn't be completely out of character to invent a story with a May-lookalike to gain the rocket's sympathy.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Maybe that's one of the five (I think it's five anyway, at the last count) reasons why Harley holds a grudge against May.

1. She didn't know about Harley's signature Pokemon, Cacturne.

2. She said that Cacturne was "so cool it's scary".

3. Harley took it as an insult that she said his cookies "weren't half bad".

4. I quote from A Cacturne For The Worse: "Hey, let's face it, you're not serious about Contests, you're just here to play around. Hello?" Harley disses Haruka-chan as inexperienced and winning only through luck.

NEW! 5. Because of a girl that looks like May ate his last bit of sushi, Harley blames May.

But hey, it could just be like PDL said and be a ploy to gain Rocketto-Dan's sympathy.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Of Blades
    Maybe that's one of the five (I think it's five anyway, at the last count) reasons why Harley holds a grudge against May.

1. She didn't know about Harley's signature Pokemon, Cacturne.

2. She said that Cacturne was "so cool it's scary".

3. Harley took it as an insult that she said his cookies "weren't half bad".

4. I quote from A Cacturne For The Worse: "Hey, let's face it, you're not serious about Contests, you're just here to play around. Hello?" Harley disses Haruka-chan as inexperienced and winning only through luck.

NEW! 5. Because of a girl that looks like May ate his last bit of sushi, Harley blames May.

But hey, it could just be like PDL said and be a ploy to gain Rocketto-Dan's sympathy.
    The first four i'm pretty sure were dub add ons, like I don't think original Harley would hate May for not knowing Cacturne >_>;;

Then again thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    The girl in Harley's flashback was not May. She was just somebody who looked a lot like her.
    It's hard to believe that there is another girl in the world with the same hair style as May. It's almost like her trademark, its unthinkable of another brunette walking around with her hair like that!

I wonder if she became a looker though, especially since she'll be like May but at 19ish years old, and damn she must be breathtaking.

This episode was awesome!

*Harley already has three ribbons.
    *Their was a awesome BGM I don't hear alot when Ash and May were battling, I think it is from the games.
    *Harley's lunchbox had Octillery on it, and he called the octopus snack "Octan-chan"
    *Cacturne seems to have a crush on Jessie and jumped up and hugged her.
    *Drew is in this episode, but has like no lines.
    *Cacturne has a awesome appeal. he cuts a Onion with his spikes, and looks cool doing it.
    *Ariados messes up Combushken's appeal, until Combushken does a huge fire attack, which makes Ariados on fire, and James tries to put it out.lol.
    *Their is a karaoke version of Haruka's Theme.

I swear it sounded like James said "Sensei Queer" (No offense to anyone) after HArley walked out angrily at the end.

*Harley already has three ribbons.
    He has all 5 ribbons.

Anyway as others stated good episode. Although one question how come Cacnea always hurts James when it hugs him but when Cacturne hugs her shes fine?

Although one question how come Cacnea always hurts James when it hugs him but when Cacturne hugs her shes fine?
    Cacturne isn't spiky like Cacnea is.

Wow what a great episode. This is my new favorite! Besides the animation, this may be one of the best episodes ever!

I loved that Drew made an appearence and I'm hoping this appearence leads to something good. Harley is so funny, I can't believe he likes Jessie and his Pokemon like her too. He's gonna let her use Banette, this should be good.

Poor May though. Jessie might actually be good with Banette, it sure looked like it. Maybe Drew will let her borrow Flygon then? I wish, but she's using Squirtle. The whole flash back thing was really friggen' weird....
    Last edited by Torchic23; 28th April 2006 at 9:27 PM.

Seen the episode and cant really say anything that hasnt been said already (damn you people lol). But i want to give my opinion and extend on gravy and v factions thoughts.

Have to agree with gravy about the animation, it wasn't good. The characters looks really off at times, when ash is sitting down with pikachu, take a look at pikachu's head that thing shrinked like crazy,lol. And what gravy said about combuskens appeal being probably the best so far is something i have to agree with, cuz i like combusken and for TR to be messing it up at first and then it came back and still put on a show was amazing specially the fire tornado and that one flame swirling in the air to get ariados. (poor ariados, it was funny how james was trying to cool off the fire)

And what V said about combusken proving that it is may's best pokemon is damn true, no one is better.
    Chibi Harley was just adorable and so was the may look alike.
    Overall i give it a 9/10.

The flashback, whether actually true or not, was adorable. 'May' and Harley were drawn very cutely there (wait.....did I just call Harley cute? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) and Harley's evil plotting with Team Rocket was funny too.

This is one contest I'm actually looking forward to seeing dubbed.....

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Torky Stu
    The first four i'm pretty sure were dub add ons, like I don't think original Harley would hate May for not knowing Cacturne >_>;;

Afraid you're wrong on that, as information on the episode said the same thing long before the dub version came. Harley's a wacky guy, so it fits quite well that he'd be upset that somebody would not only not know what his beloved Cacturne was but would also find it a bit creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    perhaps Harley was making the whole thing up.
    Indeed he was. It was an overly dramatic sob story purely intended to get TR to go along with him. James and Meowth were skeptical, but Jessie totally bought into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torky Stu

And your opinion is wrong. The dub really doesn't change things that much or often. Those were all in the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    and that one flame swirling in the air to get ariados.
    It wasn't in the air. It ran along one of the weblines.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

XD @ Cacturne falling for Jessie. Being with Harley that whole time must have seriously lowered its standards. Ragarding that fantasy, we probably need a solid translation to determine whether or not it was just a story Harley was making up (Harley has got to be at least 10 years older than May). Harley freaking out over Ariados being blasted off with james and Meowth was also a riot.

There were some peculiar musical cues in this not used often, particularly during the brief training session (I swear that sounds familiar, but I don't remember when it was last used in the anime) and the beginning of May's appeal. I really like the non-vocal version of "I Won't Lose", and hope it's used more often. Kicks the crap out of the vocal version (Which I only didn't mind the first one time I heard it. I mean, it has a great rhythm. I just think it's poorly-sung.). As for the animation, there were times when it seemed like they were trying to mimic the better animation teams by adding thick lines and facial shadows. They failed.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

As I just said (I posted about the same time as you), it was just a story, and a translation isn't really needed to figure that out. James and Meowth's reactions and the music made it fairly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Indeed he was. It was an overly dramatic sob story purely intended to get TR to go along with him. James and Meowth were skeptical, but Jessie totally bought into it.
    ...Indeed he was? Not meaning to be rude, but what evidence do you have to back up this firm claim?

The overly dramatic music, and James and Meowth's skeptical reactions.

Wow. I might actually go to the trouble of watching this episode.

I wonder if Harley will have any new pokemon next episode. He needs more! MORE I say!

I must say I love villain team-ups. They're just too fun. Plus lil' Harley is cute. Plus uh... he has cute pokemon? @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    The overly dramatic music, and James and Meowth's skeptical reactions.
    That's not really evidence, just your opinion and view of the scene. To outright say 'Yes, he was lying/making it up' isn't really justified since none of us can be certain.

Well I'm confident enough that were I to start writing the guide for this episode, that's how I'd write that scene. And I'm not prone to making major mistakes like that in guide writing.
    Last edited by Geodude; 29th April 2006 at 5:30 AM.

Round 1. Fight!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Since everyone else has already said everything, I may as well point out some of the more bizzare off-character models. During the first scene when Harley shows up, everyone's heads are too big. XD And then Pikachu is smaller and has a completely different face than usual while th group is in the stands.

And yay, Ash seems to be getting more involved with May's contest instead of running away to train Swellow or Snorunt.

The mini-Harley lunch scene was the cutest thing ever.

Otherwise, I dunno if it's just reading the speculation thread about the fact a weak animation team was doing this episode, but I was seriously distracted by the poor quality of the art-- Brock and Jessie's hair, and Drew in general come to mind.

Anyway, so far my theory about the TR disbandment episode being a result of Jessie flipping out because James and Meowth screw up this Grand Festival plan seems to be panning out as I figured it would.

The preview for next episode totally confused me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast