Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Plot - Old Lot! (450)

I just saw the episode a couple of hours ago but I did love it!

It had Harley! There was a Drew cameo! I'm super satisfied here!

That little scene with Harley as a young kid was just so adorable. But for the most part it was really a good episode!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Does anyone know what those octopus-shaped treats are? I see them in anime quite a bit, but don't quite know what they are. Carved plums or something?

I'm with Geodude, I think Harley was just making up crap. I get the feeling that if they were really trying to show Harley's past, they'd give us some good indication as to what he has against the usage of "kamo".

Anyway, I may just be copying off everyone else, but in spite of the animation, it was a great episode. Harley never fails to amuse, once again (I'm surprised no one brought up the way he first appeared to Musashi by kinda sliding into the background XD). And I'm not very big on Shuu, but his appearance in the middle of the episode did come off as a surprise, and with the preview, he looks to have some promising interaction with Harley.

Oh, for the people that asked, the music playing when Haruka's practicing against Satoshi was an anime remix of the Champion Road theme from the games. And the reason Haruka had those flashbacks of Shuu and Harley was because, assuming that Shuu has his ribbons already, and she saw that Harley already got all of them, she has to win this contest if she wants to compete against them in the Grand Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    I swear it sounded like James said "Sensei Queer" (No offense to anyone) after HArley walked out angrily at the end.
    Kojirou was saying "Sensei kowai!" (Sensei's scary).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 29th April 2006 at 6:32 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Does anyone know what those octopus-shaped treats are?
    Octillery-shaped treats, to be specific. At least in this case. I distinctly heard "Octan" when they were on-screen. And besides, this is the Pokemon world. *insert first-season real-world animal/fish objection here* Yeah I know, but that was the first season, it hasn't really happened since.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Octillery-shaped treats, to be specific. At least in this case. I distinctly heard "Octan" when they were on-screen. And besides, this is the Pokemon world. *insert first-season real-world animal/fish objection here* Yeah I know, but that was the first season, it hasn't really happened since.
    They can call 'em Cthulhu Treats for all I care! Just what are they?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I want to say they are hot dogs, but eating wasn't really something I was doing during my trip to Japan (barring green tea ice cream).

What a great episode. The appeal Koffing did by forming the gas into the four card suits was really cute. I kind of wanted to see what that Bellsprout was going to do ^^;
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    There were some peculiar musical cues in this not used often, particularly during the brief training session (I swear that sounds familiar, but I don't remember when it was last used in the anime) and the beginning of May's appeal. I really like the non-vocal version of "I Won't Lose", and hope it's used more often.
    They've used the music from when Ash and May were practice battling before in the Japanese version (don't know if it stuck with the dub or not). It's from R/S/E (the BGM which plays while you're battling the Elite 4).

The BGM that played when May started her appeal comes from R/S/E, too. It's the BGM music that plays when you journey through Team Aqua's base next to Lilycove City. I particularly liked this one...wish it was played longer.

I've noticed that a lot of the BGM from the games are composed well for the anime (especially the Pokemon Contest's main theme).

And just to say, I HATE "I Won't Lose". It sounds too "punk rockish" to me.

-sCiZoR

Good episode. Harley's story was a hilarious scene, and Wakashamo's appeal was awesome.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Shuu show up. Next episode should be a great final contest, and it looks like we'll get to see Shuu actually do something aside from looking cool, so this two parter is off to a great start.

Harley and Musashi are hilarious together.

Can anyone tell what was going on between Haruka and Musashi when they talked together in the lobby before they were to make their appeals?
    And what Haruka was thinking after everybody else in the room stared/glared at them, where she afterwards started smiling and giggling which provoked Musashi?

It was funny when Musashi imitated the giggling when it cut to the commercials, and then she said something XD

Also, what did Satoshi tell Haruka when they sat at the table talking at the start of this episode?

I ask too much, yes I do.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

I've had this ep since Friday but just now watched it.

Ok, the scene with young Harley in it and young Haruka appearing is BS. Haruka is about 11 and Harley is atleast in his 20's. Was I missing something? I don't understand Japanese y'know.

The whole situation with Harley is begining to get hillarious. Harley isn't even participating in this contest yet he is still getting smacked down by Haruka. I thought that was an excellent appeal with Fire Spin and the Spider Webbing.

No Tanne (Octillery)? Rats, Harley, please use Tanne again. I miss it.

Dammit Drew when are you going to be in a contest? He hasn't been in one since the whole arc started. Oh well, surely he'll be in the GF.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

-Did I hear James call Harley "Noctas man" when he slid in? XD
    -Harley's "flashback" scene was so much BS and yet so in-character XD The man has shown how much of a grudge he can hold over little things, after all. And child Harley is the most adorable thing ever. :D As is his lunch ^o^
    -Combusken finally gets more Contest spotlight. Horrah.
    -They may be overusing Harley this saga, but if his eps keep being this awesome, I don't care!
    -The pictures of the advacing coordinators popped up like normal...until they got to Haruka's, when there was a sudden dramatic pause. Riiiight.
    -"I Won't Lose" feels so RIGHT after seeing this ep.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Default Blah blah blah. This post is much too long.

First - when watching the beginning of the episode, I got really riled up when I watched the Supaato opening. It always gets me hyper, but for some reason knowing that this episode was, well, this episode sort of made me even more excited. I'd say more about it, but that'd be off topic.

Next, I do agree with the people who said that the music in this episode was overly dramatic. The Elite Four music was awesome, but it seemed really...out of place with the training session, and putting it in the background of a scene with Haarii, of all people, just didn't work for me.

*smacks forehead* HARUKA-BOZU?! That is SO not right. After reaserching honorifics for the past month or so, watching this episode and hearing Haarii call Haruka "bozu" was just so scary. And how come half the male characters in Pocket Monsters call themselves "atashi"?

And the scene with the traditional Japanese Nyasu thingy worries me. It's not that I don't like it - in fact, I LOVED it. But I'm worried about what the dubbers will do to it. With PUSA dubbing the anime now, we don't know how far they're willing to go with editing culture references, but I just hope that they won't cut that scene out entirely. Although I don't see how they could without screwing up the episode.

HAHAHAHAHA~! "Nokutasu gaai!" XDD Sorry, I can't help it. That was just too funny. Although, Haarii does look a lot like a humanoid Nokutasu with long, fluffy purple hair...O__o;

Hmmm. You know what ticked me off about this episode? Haarii's hands were constantly changing size. One minute they're the size of Masato's and the next they're as long as his face. It's really strange, and quite distracting when you only understand 10% of what the characters are saying and have to look at the artwork to understand the story.

Musa-chan? *coughspithackhairball* I know Haarii was just doing that to try to get Musashi on his side so he could convince her to join up with them, but that's just sort of disturbing. And Musashi's older than him. But how does he know Musashi's name? He's heard it, like, once. Then again, it could just seem amazing to me because I'm so bad with names...

The violin music in the beginning of the Haarii Fantasy (I'll rant about why I think it's a fantasy later) was really pretty, although like the music earlier in the episode it was a little overly dramatic. Then again, that was probably the point - to bring out Haarii's...err...emotions about the story. And speaking of the flashback...

"Itadakima~su!" I dunno, that's just my favorite word in Japanese. Anyhow, the little Haarii was so cute. I dunno why, he just was. It fits the character's personality very well. Some little five-year-old who talks to his food and gives it nicknames (Okutan-chan? What the heck?) has gotta be sickeningly adorable.

And...Am I alone in thinking Haarii has attachment issues? I mean, that little piece of Okutanku-shaped candy/food/sushi/seafood/whatever the heck it is was just that, but he went all ballistic when little miss Haruka lookalike took it from him. And man, did she look like Haruka. I thought she was Haruka for a minute. But that's not what I'm talking about here. >__< Anyhow, I thought that was very silly. Haarii's seiyuu must have cracked up when they read their lines for this scene.

That scene might have made a little sense if the girl had been Haruka. But she only looked like Haruka, so why is he so upset about that? It was such a little thing, but you all know Haarii and his super-insanity powers of DOOM! xD Of course, providing that actually happened to Haarii...More about that later, though.

Once the winners were announced, something strange happened. Something really strange.

Haarii said "kuso".

Seriously, that shocked me beyond my wits. In Pocket Monsters, people NEVER cuss. Sure, maybe someone had once or twice before, but it's extrmely rare. No doubt the editors will take that out once it gets into the US, but just the fact that it happened was quite surprising. Haarii getting a privilege means he's truly becoming a main character. BTW, "kuso" isn't that bad of a swear word in Japanese (I think it's the equivalent of the D-word in the US) but it still is out of place in Pocket Monsters.\

Post more later. This post was too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    Haarii said "kuso".

Seriously, that shocked me beyond my wits. In Pocket Monsters, people NEVER cuss. Sure, maybe someone had once or twice before, but it's extrmely rare. No doubt the editors will take that out once it gets into the US, but just the fact that it happened was quite surprising. Haarii getting a privilege means he's truly becoming a main character. BTW, "kuso" isn't that bad of a swear word in Japanese (I think it's the equivalent of the D-word in the US) but it still is out of place in Pocket Monsters.\

Post more later. This post was too long...
    Satoshi said "Kuso" in the last episode too after Usokki smacked the Monster Ball back in his face.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Uh..while kuso does translated exactly to "excrement," it has many usages. Darn, damn, crap and sh*t. In Pokemon's case, they shoot for darn and very rarely go for crap. Remember folks, Japanese words have many, many meanings, so it's not always what you think.

Had Satoshi said kusotare, THEN there's something to go nuts about. >_>;;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Uh..while kuso does translated exactly to "excrement," it has many usages. Darn, damn, crap and sh*t. In Pokemon's case, they shoot for darn and very rarely go for crap. Remember folks, Japanese words have many, many meanings, so it's not always what you think.
    Eh. Well, according to my Japanese-English dictionary, "kuso" is the swear word and "shimatta" is darn. Of course, it's not as exact as asking someone who actually speaks Japanese, it still is pretty reliable. And I like ranting about stuff. Ranting is fun. *shrugs*

Plus, I just recently started watching the original Japanese series; I'm used to watching the super-censored dub, so I may have overreacted. Oh well.

Harley didn't even say "kuso". He said "uso", which translates to "a lie", but could be used in the same context as "no way" (however, I can confirm that Satoshi did say "kuso" after looking at the scene again).

And Kojirou didn't call Harley "Noctus Man", nor "Noctus Guy". He said "Itsu kara Nokutasu tsukai!" (The Noctus-user from whenever!).

Lastly, Don Vito, it's "Octan", not "Tanne".

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Although one question how come Cacnea always hurts James when it hugs him but when Cacturne hugs her shes fine?
    I'm assuming you didn't actually watch the episode...

This is what you call fine?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Did anyone understand what Meowth was saying during his little speech at the Contest in Jessie's imagination? I know Jessie told him to tell a Kobanashi (funny short-story), but I couldn't understand a word of what he said. Quite a cute scene XD

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

come to think of it, with both that imaginary appeal with Nyaasu, as well as Harley's school lunch, this episode seemed to use quite a bit of Japanese culture (compared to recent episodes, anyway). Someone must've got the idea that 4kids is no longer pushing them around. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Harley didn't even say "kuso". He said "uso", which translates to "a lie", but could be used in the same context as "no way" (however, I can confirm that Satoshi did say "kuso" after looking at the scene again).
    >__< I swear I heard him say kuso!

...Then again, I watched it online, so the sound quality might not have been that good.

EDIT: I know what uso means. xD

Uso!

Sonansu!

Uso! >:O

Sonansu! >:O

Yay for jokes of the Japanese langauage that don't translate well in the dub!

Although they should have named Sudowoodo "Lywood" and Wobbuffet "Soitis" or something.

...yes, I know I'm off-topic. :P

Anyone know what Drew was saying when he was talking to himself? XD

Cool

It would be funny if Jame's Cacnea evolved into Cacturne and then it got a crush on Harley's cacturne.

Then again, both of them appear to be male.
    OKAY! Here, this is a challenge. Guess the Pokemon referenced in this riddle!
    Well, I heard Mr. Young sing about her
    Ready, Set, Go if you're in third place!
    If you're a member of the army, don't kill me.
    In the story of the gemstone, I collapsed.
    Number of PMs: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Guard

Then again, both of them appear to be male.
    That shouldn't stop one of Harley's Pokemon...

Cool

Oh, yeah. It's HARLEY we're talking about. XP

He makes James seem... well... uh... tame, if you pardon my rudeness towards Rocketshippers.
    OKAY! Here, this is a challenge. Guess the Pokemon referenced in this riddle!
    Well, I heard Mr. Young sing about her
    Ready, Set, Go if you're in third place!
    If you're a member of the army, don't kill me.
    In the story of the gemstone, I collapsed.
    Number of PMs: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Guard
    Oh, yeah. It's HARLEY we're talking about. XP

He makes James seem... well... uh... tame, if you pardon my rudeness towards Rocketshippers.
    Ahh, so we've sunk to the "Haarii is GAY!" discussion again. That's not what this thread is about ya know~.

Hi!! i'm new so i was wondering if there's someone here who traduce the chapters ^^

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast