Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Plot - Old Lot! (450)

Quote Originally Posted by erizibang
    Hi!! i'm new so i was wondering if there's someone here who traduce the chapters ^^
    1) Traduce? What the heck is traduce?
    2) There aren't chapters in an anime, my friend. This is the wrong thread to be posting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    Can anyone tell what was going on between Haruka and Musashi when they talked together in the lobby before they were to make their appeals?
    And what Haruka was thinking after everybody else in the room stared/glared at them, where she afterwards started smiling and giggling which provoked Musashi?
    I can't tell you everything that happened (I only understood a bit), but what I can tell you is that at the beginning, they were talking about meeting, but "it's not Musashi's principle to shake hands with a rival" and she says the ribbon's hers. Next, Haruka says she has four ribbons, and when everyone else looks at her, she realizes (and we hear her say that) everyone else has four ribbons, then she thinks "Everyone's condition is the same! [I.e., they all need that fifth ribbon, and this is their last chance to get it.] So if I believe in my Pokémon as Satoshi said, we'll have fun!" or something like that.

It was funny when Musashi imitated the giggling when it cut to the commercials, and then she said something XD
    Haruka: *gigglegigglegiggle*
    Musashi: *fakegigglegigglegiggle* "I'll smash her."

Also, what did Satoshi tell Haruka when they sat at the table talking at the start of this episode?
    When he says, "Dattara renshuu renshuu"? I can't seem to get all of it. What I do hear is, "Dattara renshuu renshuu! Batoru...nara oretachi makaserou!" or something like, "So have to practice! If [something about battling], we can beat 'em!" Sorry I can't be of more help on this one. Maybe someone else can help you now that I've brought it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    What the heck is traduce?
    I have no doubt that it was an anglicism of a word from a Romance language that meant "to translate." The problem is that though they meant translate, the English word "traduce" actually means "to cause humiliation or disgrace to by making malicious and false statements; to malign".

erizibang, it's a false friend (faux ami). You want "translate" instead of "traduce". Also, for tv shows, you use the word "episode," not "chapter," in English.
    Last edited by Kthleen; 3rd May 2006 at 7:49 AM.

yeah that's what i meant to say in the first place... i didn't know there would be so troublesome... (neither that there would be a meaning of that word) anyway... thanks for the translations... i will be looking for more

Okay, so we still don't know yet whether Harley was just lying about his flashback with May or if the girl was just some look alike? I just assumed he was lying and going with the cliche victim act to win sympathy. Now I feel the need to listen to the dialogue a bit better to figure out what's happening. I mean, that little girl had May's voice also, not just her looks. It would be lame if she was some look alike. I don't want an older May clone running around!

Either way, that whole situation was hilarious. I wanna hug little Harley.

This was probably the worst animated episode I've seen which was a shame because the writing was so great. I wish we had gotten better visuals. But anyone else notice how exaggerated Harley's swaying was? Now, I did enjoy that.

I love Harley. I hope they keep him around. ^___^

OK, that is kinda scary. What are the odds that Ash, Max and now even May have clones...
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Maybe he remembers someone that ate his sushi, octopus, whatever it is >_>, then put May's head onto her through imagination...wait..does May have a mom @.@ It could be her mom maybe if she has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiangard
    Maybe he remembers someone that ate his sushi, octopus, whatever it is >_>, then put May's head onto her through imagination...wait..does May have a mom @.@ It could be her mom maybe if she has one.
    Yes, May's mother has been in several episodes in the series.

If you think Harley is the same age as her parents...I'm thinking no.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Of course not, he's clearly in his late teens or early twenties at best...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Caroline and Norman aren't exactly ancient. I'm not going to suggest teenage pregnancy, but I wouldn't place either over the age of 35.

Then it dawned on me that 35 in most anime/manga is totally ancient. That's llike ten times older than the main character usually is!

I kind of wish Harley had lent Jessie his Octillery. It is the only pokemon of his that hasn't done an appeal, and I would like to see how they'd pull one off with the weird movepool it has.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Yes, totally. Haarii is probably about...what, sixteen, seventeen? He's probably not more than six years older than Haruka (whatever you say, she's NOT ten), although he is pretty tall. But as I mentioned earlier, there are some really tall people out there. I know fifth graders over five feet tall. Yup.

And he doesn't act like he's an adult. Young adult, sure, but not Haruka's parent's age. He doesn't act like he's any age, actually...>__>;

he hates her because of that lol what a sad person but i though he was about brocks age but she doesnt look or act ten but she is and harleys about 6 foot and people in pokemoon dont age that fast but if watch the simpsons you know cartoons dont age

Oh, god. Are Team Rocket or Harley ever gonna give up? It's like watching a Magikarp trying to hump a doorknob :P

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

Did U See Combuskens Fire Spin?!
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

it figures harley hates her, I'd be mad too if some one ate my octopus!

Both made by me! ME! ME! I hate those pathetic people who use pokecharms! You are terrible!

This episode was pretty good. Harley was really obnoxious in the beginning. Not really impressive, but at least it was good to see Cut in the anime. It was awesome to see the truth behind May messing up in the beginning.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I could have sworn when May looked up when the fire spin was going up, that she said "What the hell?" xD I know she didn't, but it really sounded like she did.

But anyways, this was a very great episode. Of course Harley made me laugh, especially at the beginning with May. "I love you too, sweetie." xD He was awesome.

The rest of the episode was good too, but especially the parts Harley.

Love <3

Much character interaction made this one of the better contest episodes, if not THE best so far.

Marry the Night

When Harley said that he and Jessie were soul mates, I got the jibblies...

I think I still have some... ajibbliejibbliejibbliejibbliejibblie.....

Banner by Scenice. Origonal Fanart by Suzu.
    And the Prequel: May's Crush
    My Fanfiction.net Profile
    Eternally an Advanceshipper
    It may be hard, but it's not impossible!

"MY WEBS ARE FLAMING!

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF UNDERHANDEDNESS!"

Dude, the script was awesome.

"If it isn't May and her little boy-toys!"
    "I love you too, sweetie!"
    "The stinky little stink stole my snackie!"
    "Hold onto your dress!"
    "My pretty webs are flaming!"
    "You losers are so laughably lame you let that other loser win!"

Ya know, if there's any episodes that the dub actually improves upon, it's the Harley ones.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by mandikitty View Post
    I could have sworn when May looked up when the fire spin was going up, that she said "What the hell?" xD I know she didn't, but it really sounded like she did.
    QFT i totally thought she said that as well.

Drew's line at the end was hilarious.
    "Guess it had to be done." Drew sounded like he was saying how the writers had to add her to the top 8.

just finished it on CN...D-I-S-U-R-B-E-D by th part with young Harley is that historically acurate or did Harley make that up to get appeal from TR??? I liked the Script though better than other alot better I like harleys character hope he goes against Hikari in D/P doubt it will happen tho

Quote Originally Posted by Guyinamask View Post
    just finished it on CN...D-I-S-U-R-B-E-D by th part with young Harley is that historically acurate or did Harley make that up to get appeal from TR??? I liked the Script though better than other alot better I like harleys character hope he goes against Hikari in D/P doubt it will happen tho
    A) If you look back at this thread, it's presumably a story considering how May was first met by Harley on a boat. However, it could very well be a look-alike.
    B) Harley's in Johto. No way he'll go up against Hikari.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This was a decent eppy.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

It was a;right, but I've neer been one for Harley. But, did anyone else notice when Combusken's Fire Spin was going up the Web, May said "What the Hell?" Tsk, tsk, PUSA. Children watch this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast