Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Plot - Old Lot! (450)

HOLY CRACK!

That was awsome. I'm still getting used to Harley's new voice, but he was just so cool. Just the way he talks and the way he walks, you're just begging for him to come out of the closet...SHUT UP! And of course, young Harley, just so adorable. Oh God, the way that Harley walked off after yelling at Team Rocket, well as I say, if you got it flaunt it. And Harley just has those backs that don't stop! Oh yes, at the end when Jessie spoke at the end, "Stay Tuned" was by far one of the creepiest things I've heard in a while.

Great episode. It had Harley and it had Drew. It was so worth staying up.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    It was a;right, but I've neer been one for Harley. But, did anyone else notice when Combusken's Fire Spin was going up the Web, May said "What the Hell?" Tsk, tsk, PUSA. Children watch this show.

There is no way that would end up in a Pokemon script. At any point in the chain. There are so many checks and balances along the way, and knowing the scriptwriter, he prides himself on never saying anything vulgar. Now as far as layered humor...

To anyone who recorded this episode - Rewatch it with closed captions to see if May truly said "What the hell" or if we were all mishearing things.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    But, did anyone else notice when Combusken's Fire Spin was going up the Web, May said "What the Hell?" Tsk, tsk, PUSA. Children watch this show.
    xD I doubt she really said that. But a lot of people seem to have think she said that.

If she really did...I love PUSA for that. xD

Wow, I just listened to it several times...somehow I never noticed it the first time around, but a pretty good case could be made for May saying, "What the hell?" But of course what she really said was, "But how?" I think what happened was that a note from the background music made it in between those two words and made it sound like "the". That and/or the way she pronounced the words...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

XD, Heh, What May actually said was " but how?" I checked the cc XD ah it would have been funny if she had slipped something like that out =P

As for the episode, Harley was awesome as always. I'm getting used to his voice :3 He had some great lines in this . His skills at manipulating people was shown in this episode with his little 'childhood memory'.

Drew was in it which is always nice (even if he only had a few seconds of air time) =P

Overall a 9/10

Edit: Heh, guess this post was a little late (Geodude answered the question about what May said)
    Last edited by MandySue; 1st December 2006 at 3:54 AM.

This episode was a decient one... bit of a language muck up lol! Like with Harley saying 'Oops she falled down'

May pretty much flucked the whole start of the contest.. either that or the other co-ordinaters just straight up suck. And plus, during the whole contest. At the start when Jessie was talking to May and May said she was going for her 5th ribbon and all the people looked at May and Jessie... Who would really pull a pose and face like that?

Pretty ok I guess...7/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Loved this episode! But who couldn't - it has Harley in

Random: Am I the only one that is getting annoyed with the judge who keeps saying "remarkable"? He says it every contest episode and it makes me flinch everytime he says it...XD And May definatly said "But how?" her tone doesn't sound right for "What the hell?" anyway.

In the Japanese version, he always says the same thing as well: "Ya suki desu ne," which means, "I like it." The rare time he's expressed a negative opinion it's been, "Suki ja nai desu ne," which means, "I don't like it."

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    In the Japanese version, he always says the same thing as well: "Ya suki desu ne," which means, "I like it." The rare time he's expressed a negative opinion it's been, "Suki ja nai desu ne," which means, "I don't like it."
    Lol! It sounds like pocketmonsters is on a tight budget since they have the judges repeting the same words over and over again. It doesnt really matter though, its still a really good show. All IMO.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    This episode was a decient one... bit of a language muck up lol! Like with Harley saying 'Oops she falled down'
    I think that was intentional, just to add more ditzy flair to Harley's words.

May pretty much flucked the whole start of the contest.. either that or the other co-ordinaters just straight up suck.
    Well they did indicate she got extra points because she recovered so quickly and because of how impressive the Fire Spin ended up being (thanks to Ariados's webs supporting the flames).
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Um, he's the only one who repeats that line. ^^; The others say different things.
    It's a gag.

The Fire Spin did look pretty swirling up like that. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Wow, I just listened to it several times...somehow I never noticed it the first time around, but a pretty good case could be made for May saying, "What the hell?" But of course what she really said was, "But how?" I think what happened was that a note from the background music made it in between those two words and made it sound like "the". That and/or the way she pronounced the words...
    I can honestly say that I have pretty good hearing so I decided to watch this episode again to hear if May REALLY did say "What the hell?" After listening closely, I actually heard her say that. I'm serious.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Someone put that scene up on youtube so I can hear what May said.

In any case, Harley's lines are bloody brillaint. He gets the best dialouge in the show, and PUSA really knows how to do him well.

Heh, I see what people were saying now.

I heard it as, "But how?" when I watched it on TV very easily, but now that I'm listening to it again, I can hear, "What the hell?" kinda too.

Funny.

I heard But how...not what the Hell? WTH would have been hilarious...tsk tsk tsk PUSA tricking Serebii members into thinking you say shameful language...

EDIT: after hearing Geodudes sound clip it sounds like what the hell but its high pitched and makes her sound like a valley girl if you make yourslef thinks its What the hell but yeahs its But how...
    Last edited by Freya; 10th December 2006 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Heh, I see what people were saying now.

I heard it as, "But how?" when I watched it on TV very easily, but now that I'm listening to it again, I can hear, "What the hell?" kinda too.

Funny.
    I called the scriptwriter about this, and he confirmed May's saying "But how?!" However, it does sounds like 'what the hell'...Pretty funny!

When I saw this episode the first time, I heard "But how?!" I only heard "The hell?!" after you guys mentioned it =P

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

What I liked best about this episode is that it had a milestone that made me excited. I've been keeping track of how many times Team Rocket have said the twerps' names over the years, and this episode had a major milestone- May's name has now been said by ALL THREE Rockets. What makes it important is that no other twerp up until this point, not even ASH, has been called by name by Jessie, James, and Meowth. Of course, Ash reaches the milestone too in "Going for Choke" as James finally calls him by name, but I find it awesome since the trio have called the twerps by name a total of, like, 15 times in 450 dub episodes. Now I'm waiting for someone to finally call Brock by name, since even Tracey and Misty were named by Butch and Cassidy. Poor Brock, he never gets the recognition. You'd think after 400 episodes on the show, ONE Rocket would call him by name.

Anyway, I'm still no fan of Harley, but I thought it was neat that he teamed up with Jessie this time around. Cacturne having a crush on Jessie was adorable. It's too bad that Jessie didn't use cacturne for the battle part of the contest, she could have gotten a win over May even with Squirtle's ice beam. The flashback with Harley was just too bizarre. It was great to see Drew again too. I liked James saying that Jessie's dressed like a popsicle too. LOL

Overall, 7.5/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

New plot? Not really. Well I guess the plot is new but the idea is still the same. Harley hates May and continues to lie to her about it. How boring.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    New plot? Not really. Well I guess the plot is new but the idea is still the same. Harley hates May and continues to lie to her about it. How boring.
    The plot of this episode had nothing to do with Harley lying to May.

Nice episode. One of the better Kanto contest episodes, in my opinion. We find out why Harley hates May so much, apart from the cookies and her comments and lack of knowledge about Cacturne. Jessie using Cacturne was great, as well as Cacturne's crush on Jessie. Brock's still the "big twerp", it appears. Surprised Harley teamed up Team Rocket when he thought they were losers, but I suppose they do have a mutual hatred of the "twerps", especially May.

it was a good episode, the fire spin was a cool sight to see, 8/10.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast