Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Hybrid View

Default The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon!

On their travels through Kanto, Ash & co. are invited to a special Lab where Dr. Yung has created a machine which ressurrects extinct or legendary Pokémon as Mirage Pokémon. When they arrive, they meet up with Prof. Oak & Misty and decide to investigate these Mirage Pokémon. However, when Dr. Yung gets kidnapped by the Mirage Master, Ash & Co. have to find him, but first they need to stop a Mirage Mewtwo. Can they find Dr. Yung?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Just before you all start, dont use this thread, but use This Thread for discussion of the New Voices

This thread is just for discussion of the special as it is plot wise and so forth.

Thank You

Just something to add for the first break.

They mention that Aggron can't learn Bullet Seed. That's correct. But it also used Thunder Wave (an attack it's capable of getting through move tutoring in Emerald). I certainly hope they didn't mean that for T-Bolt.

Staryu with Bubblebeam!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

*Mirage Master stands there*

MM: Do you thinking running will some how save you?!

-_-
    V | Faction

Ok ok ok now the Special is over (or a few minutes away from that) did they reveal any spoilers that haven't been already shown through regular episodes yet? Minus Volt Tacke.

Like certain Pokemon characters have ect? Also what's this about Oak and a Dragonite O_O

And anyone want to tell me whats so wrong with the intro?

Thanks in advance ^_^

The Dragonite was totally random. The Elite Four should have shown up to fight them. ;___;

I only saw a clip of it and I was shocked to see (and heard about) Team Rocket and Brock appearing in the special although there were no mentions in the summary about them.

ZeoViolet Guest

All right, my brain is in total burnout so my rambling may not make much sense....forgive me if you have no idea what I'm talking about because I am not sure I do myself right now....I'm too tired!^^

*twitches* My...virgin....ears. Dub...voices.....arrrgh!

How the HFIL did not only this Mirage guy but Professor Oak know of Mewtwo in the first place? My guess for the Mirage professor I suspect he may have been a TR malcontent who left Team Rocket before Mewtwo's memory wipe of them, but that does not explain Professor Oak's knowledge. He of course also attended the Pokemon Institute, so maybe both?....

Then again....Professor Oak seems to know everything no matter anyone's secrets. Ash couldn't have blabbed to him. He gave his word to Mewtwo about keeping his trap shut the last time they met.

*Tries to figure out mirage system* It wasn't quite cloning but used their DNA to create their forms...I can't help but think what the 'real' Mew and Mewtwo would have thought if they'd known about this and saw how they'd been used....especially Mewtwo. I really doubt he'd be thrilled to see himself, in any form, used in such a fashion.

Why was that Mew different? How did the spirit of a Mew get caught in a mirage matrix....I know those aren't questions with definete answers but my brain is wandering where it shouldn't and I'm too tired to care^^ Maybe Mew had trapped it's very essence into the DNA sequence that the machine did originally copy from wherever the DNA came from (The machine does seem to work from copied DNA sequences). Mew is quite a special pokemon after all.

Animation....laughable. The end.

My views on the mirage special. It was pretty cool. But it had a few disappointments.

First: While the special was cool, i expected alot from it, but it didn't deliver. One of the things i was hoping were that the real Mewtwo and Mew would show up like they do pretty much unexpectedly. I also didn't like the ending that much. i was hoping the "most powerful, undefeatable" pokemon would be a new pokemon, well, not one that would be in the games, just like a missingno type thing. A pokemon too powerful that it couldn't be replicated in the games. At fiest i expected a new type of pokemon, but eventually through all the talking i finally expected it to be mewtwo.

Once the mirage mewtwo came out i expected the real Mewtwo to show up sometime.

Another thing was the voices. While they weren't the worst. They were a huge step down from the dub voices we're all a customed too. I agree with some posters that said ash sounded like one of those stuffy kids. It just sounded like a weird 10 year old. Although when ash started he was 10.

Brock's voice sounded alot more manly, and older then it really should of sounded. Same with may's. Max's voice wasn't that bad. But i also didn't like misty's voice that much. Meh, we will have to get used to the voices if they do indeed keep the voice actors, we will eventually. Remember how much people complained about may's dub voice when it first came out?

I was also hoping that the masked man was indeed a new character, or maybe an old TR guy. But alas, just the prof.

Also, the prof. i forgot his name. i hope he returns in an episode or a special. I really want him to find a way to make mirage pokemon, but to make it so they can travel outside of the Mirage fields. They could make a movie, or a few part series out of it.

Talking

The voices used in this movie were : yuck! Other than that, it was fine.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

I'm a hardcore christian first, and a pokemon trainer second

Pokemon Master J.FREAK

SoulSilver friend code: 3653-3029-0235
    Name: Passion

Platinum friend code: 0775-0192-0239

I don't use legendary ubers, I make my own ubers. HA!

if you believe that pokemon deserve to be cared for please join our club

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...NARUTOclub.png

Yatta, everyone join in the apple dance just like Ryuk! lol

I think that the plot's pretty interesting. Not exceptionally good, but interesting. You know how dub plots are. Kinda corny. Like YGO the Movie...!!
        Spoiler:
    (spoiler for those who have taped it and are planning to watch it later.)
        Spoiler:
    is so pretty...
    I'm done.
    Goodbye, everyone! I have left this forum because I keep having problems with the pages loading...
    Find me at saiyanisland, Brand New Breeze, and Deviantart.
    Azuma stays in my signature because he is win. =D
    READ LA CORDA D'ORO AND MY HEAVENLY HOCKEY CLUB!!!!!!! SAYONARA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sachiko
        Spoiler:
    (spoiler for those who have taped it and are planning to watch it later.).
    It kinda makes sense when you think about it since it was him     Spoiler:
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat
    It kinda makes sense when you think about it since it was him     Spoiler:
    How very Monkey Fist

By that I mean the fact     Spoiler:
    Last edited by Gaiash; 29th April 2006 at 10:45 PM.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but did anyone else notice how mature this special was as far as content goes? I mean, Dr. Yung just calmly walked back into that burning building when it collapsed; it can only be assumed that he's dead now. Jenny even said she looked everywhere and couldn't figure out his location in all the debris.

That's pretty mature for a Pokemon related special, don't you think? Death doesn't normally happen in their world, especially when it resembles a suicide like that.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    don't think this has been mentioned yet, but did anyone else notice how mature this special was as far as content goes? I mean, Dr. Yung just calmly walked back into that burning building when it collapsed; it can only be assumed that he's dead now. Jenny even said she looked everywhere and couldn't figure out his location in all the debris.

That's pretty mature for a Pokemon related special, don't you think? Death doesn't normally happen in their world, especially when it resembles a suicide like that.
    It's nice but it doesn't cut the mustard. Or at least to the level you are insinuating.

Until they out right mention DEATH or use some form of the word DEAD (dead, deading, deader, pushing up daisys) their efforts to act mature will go unappreciated. To actually be mature about they have to acknowledge death.
    V | Faction

The intro is okay. I don't mind it.

It was so refreshing to hear the old voices on theat commercial!!!

They were saying that Mew was not data. It had a soul. That means it died?!? Awwww... *cries*
    Goodbye, everyone! I have left this forum because I keep having problems with the pages loading...
    Find me at saiyanisland, Brand New Breeze, and Deviantart.
    Azuma stays in my signature because he is win. =D
    READ LA CORDA D'ORO AND MY HEAVENLY HOCKEY CLUB!!!!!!! SAYONARA!!!!

Professor Yung's apperance reminds of that one teacher or whatever on Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

But yeah. Oak. Dragonite. Just plain random.

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverchan
    Professor Yung's apperance reminds of that one teacher or whatever on Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

But yeah. Oak. Dragonite. Just plain random.
    Crowler?
    Anyways people spoke of Bayleef!We only saw like 1 pokemon from each person we didnt even see Brocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    Crowler?
    Anyways people spoke of Bayleef!We only saw like 1 pokemon from each person we didnt even see Brocks.
    No that dude with that cat. xD

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverchan
    No that dude with that cat. xD
    Banner XP Phew when Crowler got mentioned I got scared D:

I bet someone posts the opening on Youtube *waits for said person* I wanna get my ears majorly hurt :P

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    Crowler?
    wrong ash took out pikachu and corphish.
    May combusken adn squirtle
    Misty Gyrados and staryu

I remember when I was excited for this special. Y'know, suspending disbelief n' all?

I take it all back. In heaps.

I'll tell you right now, the voices were bad, but in a 'taken for granted' kind of way. We know that changes are always hard. We know that these people aren't exactly experienced in their roles as these characters. As such, I'll be ignoring the voices as Con of the special.

The Opening: Horrible. I'll give them credit for trying to tie in all three regions, but Rap and Pokemon do not mix. This isn't like the One Piece rap, where it's so bad it's funny. No, this is just BAD.

The Plot: We knew from the get-go that it was convoluted. But they barely did anything with what was left to work with. As I alluded to in the voice thread, the entire special was a glorified Scooby Doo episode, splashed with some clichéd anime goodness. You thought Pokemon plots were basic enough? Get out your shovel and start digging.

The Characters: "Paykachu, Thunderbolt!"

Ash apparently has resorted back to firing off attack after attack. May gets turned into a doofus, Brock runs off to find Jenny and is gone for the whole damn thing, and Max has to play guard duty (not to bad actually). Mirage Master is all of the Pokemon villains wrapped up into one without any of the substance.

The Pokemon: Burly, brutish, and brainless.

The Animation: Slightly off. I can't really fault them since this was contracted under unusual means. The attack animations were funny to look at though.

This special... kinda blew up on itself.
    Last edited by V Faction; 29th April 2006 at 5:45 PM.
    V | Faction

This episode was not as good as I thought it was. IMO, it was a bit bad. The new voices sounded terrible, especially Ash, Brock, May (bascially all the characters). I prefer the old voices. They were much better. I thought Dr. YUng being the Mirage Master was such an unoriginal idea, IMO. Also, after Mewtwo absorbed all the mirage pokemon, I thought it was really freaky when all those pokemon heads were popping all over Mewtwo's body. Just one question, though.
    When Mewtwo used Hyper Beam, its hand turned into a Rayquaza head. Could anyone tell me which pokemon head Mewtwo's arms turned into to land the fiinal shot on Mew?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    Could anyone tell me which pokemon head Mewtwo's arms turned into to land the fiinal shot on Mew?
    Looked like a Tropius head using Solarbeam.

Anyhow, this Special disappointed me. Yes, May was here, but she really didn't do anything except save Misty. Her voice was horrendous, the worst one by far, and she seemed very OOC throughout the whole Special with her strange calmness.

Anyhow, the only voices I even liked were Jessie's and Jenny's. Both sounded quite good, and Jenny's new one was actually better than the old one. However, two good voices don't make up for a plethora of terrible ones.

I'm glad Mew and Mewtwo weren't real. The plot really wasn't anywhere near good enough for either of them.

Mirage Mewtwo was kinda cool, though. Its dead silence made it seem very menacing, which was surprising. When it opened its mouth, though, I was pretty disappointed ._.

The Mirage Master being Dr. Yung.....Saw it coming a mile off. Notice how Dr. Yung was never heard from after the Aerodactyl carried him off. They should've shown him a couple of times afterwards. Or, better yet, they could've had him alongside the Mirage Master to throw us off. But, no such luck. They made it overly-obvious.

I was sorta hoping that Volt Tackle may have been some hybrid of Quick Attack and Thunder, but that was a slim hope. Continuity goes out the window.

Speaking of continuity, there was actually a lot more of it in this episode than I had expected. I can't name specific instances(the Special really is that forgettable >>), but I'm pretty sure every characters' reactions to Mewtwo were the way they should be(May didn't recognize it, Misty did, etc.).

That Professor Elm cameo was actually the best part of this mess, I think. Since Johto ended, Elm basically stopped existing. Seeing him again was excellent, but it wasn't enough to save this.

Dr. Yung's exit was a bit cool, even if it is a pretty obvious excuse for a sequel ._.

lol Oak's Dragonite. Shameless showcasing of a big, powerful Pokémon ftw. Watch the orange bloke never even appear again after this

This actually was sorta violent. Mewtwo beat the sense out of Mew with its own hands before slaying it with Solarbeam. And Mewtwo slammed Dragonite to the ground with its tail after slugging it in the face. To me, that's a lot cooler than a bunch of big explosions spawned by colliding attacks.

Oh yeah, and lol at 263 people viewing this Section xD

Overall rating:
    7.5 out of 10

It wasn't as bad as it could've been, luckily. But it wasn't even close to being a proper anniversary special. As I've said before, this isn't the sort of payoff I'd want after 10 years of Pokémon.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

well, this special can be desrcibed with one word: Craptacular

well, I was expecting cream of corn, but I got cream of crap.

okay, enough with the simpsons references, the special's plot is about as corny as Pokemon Live's plot. Though thankfully they didn't break out into song, although the intro made up for the missing lameness.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast