Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Will the Japanese version disappear forever once the stream is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Will the Japanese version disappear forever once the stream is over?
    Unlikely, there'll surely be rental DVDs of it at least - or a TV airing.

Spotted an error in the animation. When you look closely, apparently Takeshi's drawn in this scene. Thing is, he wasn't even there but rather with Officer Junsa during the climax and most of the resolution.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Awsum episode and you some hate this epissode are bad on pokemon.

this was a sad special i cry seeing mirage mew..also prof.oak has a dragonite great!

10/10

merry christmas!

I was looking foward to this much-hyped episode, but was let down by 3 critical flaws:
    1) The animation isn't as good as the old shows.
    2) Toonami UK decided on it's first showing they'd cut the final 5 minutes off!
    3) Those voices...

Shame really, because it's a good idea and concept for a special, but doing those mistakes isn't the best way to ring in 10 years of Pokemon.
    Brilliant news. Toonami UK have (finally) got around to showing Pokemon: Battle Frontier (Season 9). Starts Monday at 5pm.

There's another mistake in the animation.

When they first leave the castle after Mewtwo's creation, Yung fires the rockets from the spires of the palace in order to create the Mirage System field.

Yet in the screen facing the front of the castle where the rockets are being fired, look closely and you can see Mirage Master standing outside the gate, Mewtwo by his side. Except, Mewtwo CAN'T be outside the castle's gate at that point because the mirage field isn't up yet.

A few moments later Mirage Master and Mewtwo are seen leaving the castle a second time, after the field is up.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Prof.Oak what have they done to your voice...not good at all!
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

*Ahem* My late review....

Every single thing in the story's plot... is cliche'd! Seriously, Professor Yung revealed to be the villain? Who else would there be on the show as a villain! I mean he's the only character introduced in the special for crying out loud!

They overpowered the Mirage Pokemon, barely giving the characters' own Pokemon some spotlight.

The characters rarely showed any sense of strategy at all... All they do is throw attacks mindlessly....

And the Mirage Field... reminds me of that thing in Rockman EXE, bringing the CyberWorld area thing into the Real World.

Everything in the special can be seen in several fanfics that lacked originality. >>

That's my review for now.

I was soo happy to see Misty again.

Credit to Ruki for this.....magically awsome banner!!
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")
    This is my fatty butt bunny named Charlie. Feed her.

The ending made no sense at all. Even though Dr. Yung's Mirage system was smashed to pieces, he refused to admit defeat!!!

And if he refuses to admit defeat, a sequel is inevitable.

wow people are complaining about their voices... PUSA wanted to test out some of the voice actors,so that was part of the reason why they made this special.If you buy the dvd,(which comes in bonus when u buy lucario and the mystery of mew),u'll see that that everyone is voiced by their BF voices.Except Ash,who is voiced by Sarah Naotchenny (idk why).The only VA who returns from 4kids is Rodger Parsons, who returned as the narrator.

By looking of this special's produce, It's surely made for a trial ( I guess for DP series Voices ) and it feels like '' What the ... happening here '' May sounds like a boy really.

The one of most sadly things in this special is Mirage Mew's sacriface and Misty's last apperience in series. ( after all this special happens just before Battle Frontier Arc ) And in that episode Ash looks like ignore everything ( Even his Pikachu when it was taken by mirage pokemons, for a while of course ) and down even look afte Misty when she fall ? come on how can they make ash more ''Rock Alike''

I know this special is nothing to do with in normal anime but its still get in my nerves. Its pretty obvious that , this special is not made in Japan ( they should care about these parts ) So not much expectetions but its a serious downfall for me
    Pokemon Fan who born from its ''Ashes''

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Wonder why it took this long to hit Japanese screens.

And PLEASE tell me this wasn't all they meant by "will May and Max return?". That'd be just cruel.
    This special originally aired before May and Max left...

EDIT: On a completely different note, I like how they only used Japanese background music, and I like all of the BGM that played since the scene where Mirage Master reveals himself to be Dr. Young. Some of those pieces haven't played any other time in the dub. (Okay, I haven't seen every dub episode, but since I've seen most of them and they weren't in any of the episodes I've seen...)

For example, after Dr. Young reveals himself, there's a battle between Combusken, Pikachu, and Gyarados against Entei, Zapdos, and Atricuno. The BGM from that scene is the same one from when Meowth fought that Persian in "Go West, Young Meowth" (and this music did play in the dub). If it first played in any movie, it'd have to be the first one, but I don't know if it played in that movie.

Then there's the music that plays a bit later on when Mewtwo absorbs the data of Articuno, Zapdos, and Entei. That I've never heard in the dub, and it sounds like it could've been Japanese movie BGM, but I don't know if that's true.

Then after that one there's music that plays from when Pikachu starts fighting Mewtwo (after Team Rocket blasts off) until Pikachu does the final attack on Mewtwo. I don't know if it's one long piece or a bunch of pieces put together, but... yeah, it's probably movie music. I know a lot of music in the special is movie music...

And then there's the piece that plays when Mewtwo dies. Yeah...
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 1st May 2009 at 11:51 PM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I have just watched episode. It was awesome, I liked it. Those Mirage Pokemon were great! It was nice seeing Misty, Mew and Mewtwo again...

Love it, and never knew Oak had an Dragonite....This Mewtwo rocks!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

dang that was epic, but it was so sad what happened to mew
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

All right, to respond to what I said earlier... now that I have the Japanese Mewtwo movie sountrack (and the Lugia one too, but that one won't help me here)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    EDIT: On a completely different note, I like how they only used Japanese background music, and I like all of the BGM that played since the scene where Mirage Master reveals himself to be Dr. Young. Some of those pieces haven't played any other time in the dub. (Okay, I haven't seen every dub episode, but since I've seen most of them and they weren't in any of the episodes I've seen...)
    Meh... I already knew that one was from the Deoxys movie...

For example, after Dr. Young reveals himself, there's a battle between Combusken, Pikachu, and Gyarados against Entei, Zapdos, and Atricuno. The BGM from that scene is the same one from when Meowth fought that Persian in "Go West, Young Meowth" (and this music did play in the dub). If it first played in any movie, it'd have to be the first one, but I don't know if it played in that movie.
    This one was from the Mewtwo movie, when Ash and co. were in the water trying to swim to shore or whatever, in the storm.

Then there's the music that plays a bit later on when Mewtwo absorbs the data of Articuno, Zapdos, and Entei. That I've never heard in the dub, and it sounds like it could've been Japanese movie BGM, but I don't know if that's true.
    Okay, I still don't know where this one came from...

Then after that one there's music that plays from when Pikachu starts fighting Mewtwo (after Team Rocket blasts off) until Pikachu does the final attack on Mewtwo. I don't know if it's one long piece or a bunch of pieces put together, but... yeah, it's probably movie music. I know a lot of music in the special is movie music...
    Turns out all of it is one piece of music. And it's not even the whole piece- but it might as well be.

And then there's the piece that plays when Mewtwo dies. Yeah...
    Well, Mew died in that scene as well. Still don't know where that one came from, though. If I had to take a guess, it'd be when Entei disappeared in the Japanese version of third movie. *shrugs* (Look at me, guessing at these things...)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    May still has the crappy line, "See? Sometimes I can do the right thing." while she saves Misty from her doom.

Utterly repulsive. When did Misty think May couldn't do the right thing? Misty never had any qualms with May in the series at all.

And why would May put herself down like that?

Ugh.
    Hahaha 3 years later i must quote this.

Really, i just watched this special and i was thinking the same thing, that dialogue was uncalled for, she could say something else or nothing at all.

I guess they make her say that because May and Max were left behind to watch over those bushes or something like if they were a burden. But still...

I kind of liked this special (just watched it now for the first time), but it was cheesy with this evil scientific mind and his gameshark. It's hilarious when Ash forgets for like 5 minutes about Misty and instead tries to save a fake Mew.
    Last edited by NES; 7th November 2009 at 1:26 AM.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

i like this pokemon special,

specially, ash,misty,may,max and brock were in this special,

i like it!!. . .
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

I found this 10th anniversary special to be somewhat tacky. The first PUSA attempt to dub Ash's voice was an utter failure for starters, and it's the part I remembered the most of this episode.. The other voices took some getting used to but they worked well despite sounding different than the 4Kids voices. Anyway, I just didn't think the overall story with Mirage (fake) Pokemon worked. It felt too much like the first movie and it seemed like the events didn't even take place to begin with (meaning that they weren't canon). So it was a bad episode for me. 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd December 2010 at 11:00 PM.

Great special, my favorite. (if there is another one)

It was very cool to see Oak's Dragonite, a strong pokemon for Oak it's a big surprise.

9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Ash hardly even batted an eye lash when Misty fell to her possible death. The episode was alright. Mirage Mewtwo was so hacked it wasn't even funny. It was kind of ironic how the Mirage Master used Pikachu's memories of all the legendary Pokemon he has met on his journey with Ash to create Hacktwo.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

That one battle scene against mirage Mewtwo was a lot more violent then I thought it would be. It was awesome!

Prof. Oak with a Dragonite. Didn't see that coming!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

It was a really good special movie, though Prof Oak having a Dragonite is a little random since he used a Pidgey in 'Will The Real Oak Please Stand up?' - Season 5:Master Quest

still, I like the ep
    Hello!

xD

I liked this movie. It was great seeing Mew and Mewtwo again, even though they were only holograms. It was great to see Mew and Ash really get along and Mew really saving everyone by sacrificing itself and taking down Mewtwo down with it. Mewtwo's hologram abilities were awesome. The secret behind Mirage Master was easy for me to figure out before he revealed himself. The Hologram Aggron vs regular pokemon battle was really cool. It was great to see that Professor Oak had a Dragonite.

70/100

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast