Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Default The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon!

On their travels through Kanto, Ash & co. are invited to a special Lab where Dr. Yung has created a machine which ressurrects extinct or legendary Pokémon as Mirage Pokémon. When they arrive, they meet up with Prof. Oak & Misty and decide to investigate these Mirage Pokémon. However, when Dr. Yung gets kidnapped by the Mirage Master, Ash & Co. have to find him, but first they need to stop a Mirage Mewtwo. Can they find Dr. Yung?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Just before you all start, dont use this thread, but use This Thread for discussion of the New Voices

This thread is just for discussion of the special as it is plot wise and so forth.

Thank You

Just something to add for the first break.

They mention that Aggron can't learn Bullet Seed. That's correct. But it also used Thunder Wave (an attack it's capable of getting through move tutoring in Emerald). I certainly hope they didn't mean that for T-Bolt.

Staryu with Bubblebeam!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

*Mirage Master stands there*

MM: Do you thinking running will some how save you?!

-_-
    V | Faction

I think that the plot's pretty interesting. Not exceptionally good, but interesting. You know how dub plots are. Kinda corny. Like YGO the Movie...!!
        Spoiler:
    (spoiler for those who have taped it and are planning to watch it later.)
        Spoiler:
    is so pretty...
    I'm done.
    Goodbye, everyone! I have left this forum because I keep having problems with the pages loading...
    Find me at saiyanisland, Brand New Breeze, and Deviantart.
    Azuma stays in my signature because he is win. =D
    READ LA CORDA D'ORO AND MY HEAVENLY HOCKEY CLUB!!!!!!! SAYONARA!!!!

Ok ok ok now the Special is over (or a few minutes away from that) did they reveal any spoilers that haven't been already shown through regular episodes yet? Minus Volt Tacke.

Like certain Pokemon characters have ect? Also what's this about Oak and a Dragonite O_O

And anyone want to tell me whats so wrong with the intro?

Thanks in advance ^_^

The intro is okay. I don't mind it.

It was so refreshing to hear the old voices on theat commercial!!!

They were saying that Mew was not data. It had a soul. That means it died?!? Awwww... *cries*
    Goodbye, everyone! I have left this forum because I keep having problems with the pages loading...
    Find me at saiyanisland, Brand New Breeze, and Deviantart.
    Azuma stays in my signature because he is win. =D
    READ LA CORDA D'ORO AND MY HEAVENLY HOCKEY CLUB!!!!!!! SAYONARA!!!!

Professor Yung's apperance reminds of that one teacher or whatever on Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

But yeah. Oak. Dragonite. Just plain random.

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

This episode was not as good as I thought it was. IMO, it was a bit bad. The new voices sounded terrible, especially Ash, Brock, May (bascially all the characters). I prefer the old voices. They were much better. I thought Dr. YUng being the Mirage Master was such an unoriginal idea, IMO. Also, after Mewtwo absorbed all the mirage pokemon, I thought it was really freaky when all those pokemon heads were popping all over Mewtwo's body. Just one question, though.
    When Mewtwo used Hyper Beam, its hand turned into a Rayquaza head. Could anyone tell me which pokemon head Mewtwo's arms turned into to land the fiinal shot on Mew?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverchan
    Professor Yung's apperance reminds of that one teacher or whatever on Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

But yeah. Oak. Dragonite. Just plain random.
    Crowler?
    Anyways people spoke of Bayleef!We only saw like 1 pokemon from each person we didnt even see Brocks.

Well Great Butlers theory is right. Dr. Yung is Mirage Master. I still think that the plot sounded like a child wrote it. It was catering to all the young n00bs that don't know anything about Hoenn. Oh Mewtwos strongest Pokemon EVER! Lets give Prof Oak a Dragonite!!. Mew saves that day!!! The only Hoenn Pokemon there were Corphish, Combusken, Mightyena, and Absol, most of which got 2 seconds of screentime.

THey pratcicly Avoided ALL of Ash's pokemon except Pikachu and Corphish. The story line was OK. Once again, an overpowered Super Pokemon only to be done inb/stoped by a cute pokemon.

Note how wacked out Mirage Mew looked
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Saw it and well it was pretty good. I wont talk about the voices here. Oak with dragonite was surprising, it caught me offguard. The whole story felt really rushed at the end for some reason. Mirage mewtwo was pretty cool, still i like the real mewtwo alot more. This special was not what i expected it to be i was thinking it would be amazingly great but it was just good, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    Crowler?
    Anyways people spoke of Bayleef!We only saw like 1 pokemon from each person we didnt even see Brocks.
    No that dude with that cat. xD

I remember when I was excited for this special. Y'know, suspending disbelief n' all?

I take it all back. In heaps.

I'll tell you right now, the voices were bad, but in a 'taken for granted' kind of way. We know that changes are always hard. We know that these people aren't exactly experienced in their roles as these characters. As such, I'll be ignoring the voices as Con of the special.

The Opening: Horrible. I'll give them credit for trying to tie in all three regions, but Rap and Pokemon do not mix. This isn't like the One Piece rap, where it's so bad it's funny. No, this is just BAD.

The Plot: We knew from the get-go that it was convoluted. But they barely did anything with what was left to work with. As I alluded to in the voice thread, the entire special was a glorified Scooby Doo episode, splashed with some clichéd anime goodness. You thought Pokemon plots were basic enough? Get out your shovel and start digging.

The Characters: "Paykachu, Thunderbolt!"

Ash apparently has resorted back to firing off attack after attack. May gets turned into a doofus, Brock runs off to find Jenny and is gone for the whole damn thing, and Max has to play guard duty (not to bad actually). Mirage Master is all of the Pokemon villains wrapped up into one without any of the substance.

The Pokemon: Burly, brutish, and brainless.

The Animation: Slightly off. I can't really fault them since this was contracted under unusual means. The attack animations were funny to look at though.

This special... kinda blew up on itself.
    Last edited by V Faction; 29th April 2006 at 4:45 PM.
    V | Faction

Wow! I was amazed that Charizard didn't show up and that Mirage Master isn't Ash's father.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Ash didn't seem to care at all when Misty fell to her death. :O

And ha, May saved her. She had a huge role after all.

Grumble... Mewtwo being public knowledge is bad..

Oh, come on! Team Rocket could have done something important!

Anyone else call Dr. Yung a "GameSharker" aloud about a million times? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother

Anyone else call Dr. Yung a "GameSharker" aloud about a million times? XD
    That's what I thought. Then I wondered if the secret message in this if you cheat you become a crazy guy that ends up walking straight into a burning building.

Oh yeah I forgot about that AWFUL opening song. Misty didn't really have much of a purpose though prof Oak had interaction with professor Yung.

And I know many May fans will be ticked off from this line.

May: At least I'm useful for something.

The Dragonite was totally random. The Elite Four should have shown up to fight them. ;___;

Oh Prof.Banner lolz well i'm still mad they ignored like every owned pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Oh yeah I forgot about that AWFUL opening song. Misty didn't really have much of a purpose though prof Oak had interaction with professor Yung.

And I know many May fans will be ticked off from this line.

May: At least I'm useful for something.
    Lol.

I missed the opening. Was it that bad?

The Dragonite was totally random. The Elite Four should have shown up to fight them. ;___;
    Sure cater to even more Kanto fans who do not know anything about what Pokemon is now. I'm surprised Gary or Charizard didn't show up.

I missed the opening. Was it that bad?
    Lets just say I barely lived through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverchan
    No that dude with that cat. xD
    Banner XP Phew when Crowler got mentioned I got scared D:

I bet someone posts the opening on Youtube *waits for said person* I wanna get my ears majorly hurt :P

Well, that was certainly... interesting. There didn't seem to be any added Pokeshipping hints, which is probably a relief to some people. Ash was more concered about Pikachu, even after Misty fell down that thing, whatever it was. I was actually very happy to see it was May who saved her, that was a surprising twist. ^^ But I didn't like May's line right after that - "There, you see? Sometimes I can do the right thing." That was completely out of character and ticked me off a bit.

I might have to watch it again to really get the plot, because I was paying more attention to the new voices than anything.

Poor Mew. Even though it looked/sounded nothing like the Mew I remember, it was still really adorable.

Oh, and I'm just going to pretend that opening song doesn't exist. -_-

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast