Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon! (---)

Well, this special actually made me regain my interest in the dub.

Now I have something to point and laugh at every Saturday morning. =P

PAYKACHU, USE THUNDERBOLT!
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom Thief
    I wonder how they'll explain Pkachu learning Volt Tackle in the actual episode its supposed to learn it in
    wow some one agrees with me!!

Well V Faction, as soon as I've got the pics sorted, I am going to create BIOs for Oak and Dr. Yung/Mirage Master.

The entire special is canonical and thats that. It was made by the Japanese Writers & Producers...it just aired in the US first. Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any word on the animation director, Al?
    Good thing I recorded this.

The Art Director was Masatoshi Muto.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Well V Faction, as soon as I've got the pics sorted, I am going to create BIOs for Oak and Dr. Yung/Mirage Master.

The entire special is canonical and thats that. It was made by the Japanese Writers & Producers...it just aired in the US first. Simple as that
    Yeah, I was wondering when, where, and how prof. oak got that dragonite? I knew he had a pidgey from johto, but a dragonite? Maybe he's still been training...

Well Oak has been around for like 60 years...you really think all he had ever caught was a Pidgey & a Charmeleon?

I taped this episode (commercial free I may add) and I've decided to keep it as a cruel reminder. Well onto the episode in and of itself (since I b*tched about the voices in the other thread) it was okay. I say that because of a couple of things...

1.) Most and/or all new voices sucked
    2.) I really can't stand Mewtwo (and hated the 1st movie)
    3.) There were just so many stupid pun related lines said through out the episode.

But one good thing (and it's a good thing to me in any episode with this in it) was that I got to see 1 SECOND OF TRACEY. And even better is that I didn't have to hear him. It would really break my heart to hear his new dub voice.

With that, I was also shocked to see 1 second of Professor Elm. I mean come on, when was the last time, we've actually seen him in the anime?

So there you go...*Medea is hauled off to the nut house*

EDIT: OMG, I forgot Dragonite (one of my favorites). Anytime seeing Dragonite is a treat for me!
    Last edited by Medea; 29th April 2006 at 6:45 PM.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Thinking back, I'm adoring how wonderful it was that Dr. Yung/Yong probbed Pikachu's mind for memories.

The animation was violent. I like that. But Pokemon battles played out like YuGiOh or something.

"I sacrifice Articuno, Zapdos, and Entei to bring out... Ultimate Mirage Mewtwo!"

Actually from what I've seen it can be either. For example no one knows what Pokemon Oak owns and which hes borrowing from a Pokemon trainer that left it at his lab, thus Dragonite isn't non-canon since it may not even be his.

I can live with the new voices though I have some gripes with them. The special would've been better if they had written a better script. The whole script just felt corny and it didn't feel like the natural things the characters would say. Overall it wasn't too bad though.

PAYKACHU, USE THUNDERBOLT!
    .......You had to remind me of that didn't you...heck even the finding the computer room was better then that!
    Come March 9th, get ready to rock!

Dragonite was pure fan fodder. Oak can have any Pokemon, technically, there by excusing him from having such a high level Pokemon.

But the reason it was out of character is because Oak seemed like a down to Earth trainer. He was skilled with a Pidgey and required not more than that to do what was needed.

Dragonite's purpose to was purely to fight off Mewtwo and show a... I dunno, a badass side to Oak.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Medea
    With that, I was also shocked to see 1 second of Professor Elm. I mean come on, when was the last time, we've actually seen him in the anime?
    The right place and the right mime

It's weird hearing TR say "Holy Cripes"...>_> well, I have to say the dialogue is...slightly bett- No, No wait, Not it's not. I can't believe i'm about to say this but "4KIDS!! COME BACK!!!" *gets slapped*

During the commercial I went back to an old episode that I have recorded..and I kissed the TV

and if they wanted to "mimic" the voices, They should have hired me to do Ash cause I can do his English voice perfectly...Or I could have at least done Meowth's voice to sound like an english speaking Japanese version of him..

Combusken also sounds like Towelie(sp?) from southpark...
    Last edited by ハルカ and ゴンベ; 29th April 2006 at 6:48 PM.
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    Actually from what I've seen it can be either. For example no one knows what Pokemon Oak owns and which hes borrowing from a Pokemon trainer that left it at his lab, thus Dragonite isn't non-canon since it may not even be his.
    Sorry but no, why on earth would Oak be carrying someone else's Pokemon...you're just tryin to make excuses. It is Canon, it is his. The End

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Absolute BS. The scumbags at Pokemon USA/4kids constantly glorify Misty and make May look like a nobody. Disgusting.
    "Constantly?" Misty got one battle in this special, which she lost, and then she did nothing for the rest of the special. May did basically nothing for the entire special either, so one battle and one measly little line doesn't make Misty "glorified" and May a "nobody". Nobody is even going to take this hour-long disaster seriously anyway, so there's no point in getting upset.

At least your favorite character got to appear in the special for more than 10 minutes. "I'll go find Officer Jenny!" What a joke.

Since I didn't even care what was going to happen in this special anyway, I'm not too upset about it. That's not to say I don't think this special was sh*t, though. Believe me, it was. The only parts that interested me were the Volt Tackle scene and the parts where Combusken & Gyarados were on screen.

The script was filled with cliche, corny lines, and the voices didn't help either.

At least we got to hear a piece of music that dub-fans have never heard before. In the scene where Mew is restraining Mewtwo, music from the Japanese version of the first movie played.

So aside from one or two cool scenes, the special sucked. Well, at least it lived up to everyone's expectations.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Sorry but no, why on earth would Oak be carrying someone else's Pokemon...you're just tryin to make excuses. It is Canon, it is his. The End
    excuses? I was agreeing with you. And as for why he had someone elses Pokemon, well who knows I didn't write this episode (If I did it would be very different)

I only saw a clip of it and I was shocked to see (and heard about) Team Rocket and Brock appearing in the special although there were no mentions in the summary about them.

The new voices suck . And where'd Professor Oak get the Dragonite?
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 0516-3935-8762
    Owned Event Pokemon (Legit) if my Pearl version isn't screwed along with my DS:
    Currently Looking For: 10 ANIV Celebi, PM if willing to trade.
    NDS Top Screen is broken, so no trades for a while*.
    *=Could be a loooooooooong time/never.

I dont know, thinking about it, doesnt it get anyone that we got to see Elm and Birch for about three seconds, then Joy and not Ivy, the woman who set up the excuse for Jhoto? Poor shafted woman.
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Where did Professor Oak get the Pidgey?

Where did Professor Oak get the Charmeleon?

He isn't a main character...you dont have to see everything he does...jeez

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    Don't you mean the dub? Because the Japanese havn't changed their voices.

Yeah I mean the dub, can't get Japanese episodes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥~Death~♥
    I watching it right now you want my opinon, ****ing Corny They don't even pronouce the name correctly I'm about ready to Blow it off, it's just ****, May voice sounds like she's an adult just wrong, Ash's voice is just horrible, So is
    Professor Oak's voice, Overall horrible so far
    Preach it brother!

Where did Professor Oak get the Pidgey?

Where did Professor Oak get the Charmeleon?

He isn't a main character...you dont have to see everything he does...jeez
    Actually both Pidgey and Charmeleon were explained in the episode or movie that they were in..
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

The voice actors for Max and Jessie where atleast close. The voice actors for the other characters were bad but the one for Brock just scared the crap out of me -_-' Why didn't they get data on Deoxys or Lucaro through Pikachu's memory? I can tell this would take place after the 8th movie though. I don't know why I taped it.....oh yeah to make fun of it now. The part with Mew is the only part that made me sad.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast